It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

The NY Times article seems to suggest that it's swine flu and a hot topic in the election campaign. Could this be an attempt to influence yet another election? This practice really needs to stop.
BTW Abdullah Abdullah has resigned for a run off in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

The NY Times article seems to suggest that it's swine flu and a hot topic in the election campaign. Could this be an attempt to influence yet another election? This practice really needs to stop.
BTW Abdullah Abdullah has resigned for a run off in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Here’s a report from one of our state-owned TV stations here (CzechTV 24), that was released earlier today (my time). As with my previous Czech updates I have removed letter "accents" that most members may not have in their font sets, so that it's at least readable. Members who can read this language don't really need them anyway:

Slovensko posle na Ukrajinu 200 000 rousek proti chripce

vlozeno: 1. 11. 2009 08:30, autor: CT24
aktualizovano: 1. 11. 2009 08:45

Bratislava - Slovensko poskytne Ukrajine na boj proti chripce, ktera si vyzadala uz 48 obeti, 200 000 hygienickych oblicejovych rousek. Slovenske ministerstvo zahranici hleda ve spolupraci se spravou statnich hmotnych rezerv a s ministerstvem vnitra i dalsí formy pomoci Ukrajine. Zatim neni znamo, zda umrti nekolika desitek lidi souvisi s takzvanou praseci chripku nebo jinym druhem teto nemoci.

Slovensko situaci u sveho vychodniho souseda sleduje, ale hygienici zatim na vychode Slovenska zvyseny vyskyt akutnich dychacich a chripce podobnych nemocí nezaznamenali.

Krizovy stab ministerstva dopravy, post a telekomunikaci uvedl v cinnost pandemicke stredisko, ktere ma na starosti spolupraci jednotlivych slozek v krizove situaci. V Cierne nad Tisou byla take vyclenena izolacni mistnost pro osoby, u nichz by bylo podezreni na chripku.

Slovensko, stejne jako Polsko, radi lidem, aby na Ukrajinu necestovali. Zdravotni kontroly na hranicich s Ukrajinou posililo Belorusko.

For those who wish to peruse the original, the link for this article is HERE.

Translation:

Slovakia Sending 200,000 Anti-Flu Masks to Ukraine

Submitted: 1. 11. 2009 08:30, authorCT24
Updated: 1.11.2009 08:45

Bratislava -- Slovakia is sending 200,000 surgical masks to Ukraine in the fight against flu, which has already claimed 48 victims. The Slovakian Foreign Ministry, in cooperation with the Office of State Material Reserves and the Ministry of the Interior is also looking for other forms of assistance for Ukraine. At present it is not known if the deaths of several dozens [literally “tens”] of people is connected with the so-called swine flu or another form of this illness.

Slovakia is observing the situation of its eastern neighbor, but at present medical officials in eastern Slovakia have not noted an increase in acute cases of respiratory and flu-like illnesses.

The Ministry of Post,Transport and Telecommunications’ crisis HQ advised that a crisis center has been set up, which has the task of cooperating with individual sectors in a crisis situation. In addition an isolation zone [literally “place”] has been established for people who might be suspected of [having] flu.

Just like Poland, Slovakia would rather that people did not travel to Ukraine. Belarus has strengthened its medical controls on its border with Ukraine.

End of translation Translation done by myself so I hope it’s easy enough to follow. I have a pounding headache so my focus is not the best.

Perhaps I should explain that the word order in Slavonic languages is quite different from English and subject-object relationships are established by grammatical case structure rather than just word order or even prepositions. Additionally, perfect tenses are not normally used. For this reason, you won’t get a lot of understanding of the original compared to the translation by trying to follow it word-for-word.

Comments:

I doubt very much that the Slovak govt would be going to this trouble if they knew the whole thing was a hoax and that no real threat exists. And believe me, they would have ways to find out that are not readily available to you or I.

I cannot recall a situation in the past where a country has basically shut down with such rapidity in response to a disease outbreak, and that in itself is such a novel event that we should take good note of it.

Also, it appears the reports we had here on TV last night, that the Slovaks had closed their border with Ukraine, may be incorrect. It seems to be a case of journalistic license, where the Slovaks' wishes (that people not travel to Ukraine) were taken to mean that travel either way was being officially halted.

I also wonder about the accuracy of the mortality figures, but as can happen in these situations, some regions' reports may not have been fully processed yet. There is also the consideration that they do not want to alarm their own populace too much.

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

Now there is info that Poland will send "large amount of Tamiflu" and one milion of protective masks., some tests for A/H1N1, mobile diagnostics labolatories and other medical stuff.

wiadomosci.onet.pl...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hi all,

I promised to come back with some more info from Lviv.
Still everyone is denying spraying in the night, even the one that informed
my mother by SMS.

Local MSM saying : calm down, yes its swine flu, but people dying also from regular flue. Totally 53 dead.

Not much about quick deaths from this strange pneumonia, at least not on TV.

From my personal sources: a lot of people are in what You call "extreme support" departments in hospitals, and free places are missing.

If I see or hear anything more I will update.

Dont want to give any food for speculations.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This got translated for Ukrainian newspaper. Here

Russia did begin against the Ukraine bacteriological warfare, after extending pulmonary plague?

In the Ukraine due to the state today with unknown disease fell ill 154 200 people, according to official data died 48 patients, of them two children. On this reported the President of the Ukraine Victor Yushchenko on October 31 in L'vov during the conference due to the state of morbidity.

According to him, in the L'vov region are ill 60 553 people, of them 31 000 - children.

The President specified that 1 300 patients in the L'vov region were hospitalized, died 16 people, of them one child.

In [Ivano]- Frank region of the unestablished virus 8 people already died.

After the medical aid since the beginning of the epidemic turned 24 090 patients, of them 45% - children at the age of up to 14 years. 1 293 patients were hospitalized. In the recent twenty-four hours for help turned 6 566 inhabitants of edge (of them - 2 925 children).

From this quantity of patients it is hospitalized 231 people (of them - 68 children). Now in the departments of anesthesiology and intensive care are found 37 people (from them - 5 children), 5 pregnant women are found on mechanical ventilation of lungs. Dead persons and patients with foreign countries were not. To bring “pig” or “California” influenza they did not can.

In 9 regions of the Ukraine on the order of the premier Julia Timoshenko to 3 weeks of [vveden] quarantine. In the territory of the Ukraine are abolished all mass measures, and also occupations in all educational institutions. She certified Timoshenko, that will be introduced the special regime with the passage from region to region.

Timoshenko it also required in all regions to create the operational staffs, which will be subordinated to state extraordinary counterepidemic and anti-epizootic commission, which heads the first Vice-Premier of the Ukraine Alexander [Turchinov].

The authorities of the Ukraine stated that the specials-measure on the intersection of boundaries will be developed. Thus far trains course without the limitations. In the airport “[Borispol]” last Friday the personnel were already in the gauze bandages.

The Ministry of Defense of the Ukraine it stopped military call to three weeks in connection with the threat of the spread of unknown ([neukazyvaemoy]) pulmonary disease in the army.

Scales and velocity of propagation of disease it does not correspond to some “pig influenza”, to which they want to copy this illness.

According to the Ukrainian of media outlets, in [Ivano]-[Frankovske] took place the closed conference, whose participants agreed with the fact that in the country it is extended the epidemic of so-called “pulmonary plague”. But entire misfortune consists in the fact that she has unknown until today form, i.e., appears and t and p and by ch n about y, and, which means, how to treat it - no one knows.

Of authorities, and physicians act by the Communist methods of the period of the Chernobyl' catastrophe, when the clear command was given: “To keep silent!”.

Nevertheless, as transfer sources mignews.com.ua/information about the fact that in the country “by seven-mile steps” is extended “pulmonary plague”, it is transmitted to the highest leadership, and it, in turn, forbade to promulgate it.

Materials for affirming pulmonary plague are directed to London.

That in the western Ukraine in reality rages pulmonary plague, reported to Ukrainian publication “today” the head of human rights organization “league of the protection of civil liberties” Vyacheslav [Kostylev] with the reference to the sources in the Ministry of Pub. Health

“The symptoms of this illness in practice do not differ from symptomatology “pig influenza”. Only bacteriological examination can determine it. And in the ministry they know about that which people can kill not influenza, namely plague”, he said. The s

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Hey OP, hope you´re fine and did not get the virus.
Any news about that spraying operation? Like the link ahemot gave:
poslezavtra.com.ua
A university rector is at least somewhat believable...

Are the people panicking or are they calm and just stay home? And did the embassy already mail back?
Sorry for bugging you with questions, but i´m really worrying about this issue.
Stay fine.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I was very interested to hear about the Aerosol spraying in the L'viv area, which was mentioned by Asen (OP) earlier, but denied, (then possibly confirmed?) by some officials in the area.

It may also be worth noting that several reports from within Ukraine itself have mentioned Pneumonic Plague?

Info regarding plague from the EMedicine website

"The following are the modes of plague transmission in humans:

1. Bites by fleas
2. Exposure to humans with pneumonic plague
3. Handling of infected carcasses
4. Scratches or bites from infected domestic cats
5. Exposure to aerosols containing plague-causing bacilli

Pneumonic plague
Pneumonic plague is highly contagious and transmitted by aerosol droplets... ...primary pneumonic plague may be seen in laboratory workers, individuals exposed to an infected person, or those who have been exposed to a cat with pneumonic plague.
There is an abrupt onset of fever and chills, accompanied by cough, chest pain, dyspnea, purulent sputum, or hemoptysis...
...The ability for plague to be spread by aerosols makes Y pestis a potential agent of bioterrorism."

I sincerely hope that the aerosol spraying was some form of disinfecting anti-bacterial agent, rather than another, more sinister interpretation.

stay safe,
G

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Gordi The Drummer]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What is being sprayed at night? If this virus moves from person to person why would the environment be disinfected? That just doesn't make sense.
How could they get their hands on a air delivered disinfectant so quickly and put it into effect? Yet they haven't cancelled the football game 4 days away?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer

...The ability for plague to be spread by aerosols makes Y pestis a potential agent of bioterrorism."

This thought crossed my mind as well. Who's flying those vehicles?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by euleberlin

Hey OP, hope you´re fine and did not get the virus.
Any news about that spraying operation? Like the link ahemot gave:
poslezavtra.com.ua
A university rector is at least somewhat believable...

Are the people panicking or are they calm and just stay home? And did the embassy already mail back?
Sorry for bugging you with questions, but i´m really worrying about this issue.
Stay fine.

No sorry, I cannot confirm with my own eyes. But people say they saw spraying from vehicles much before any articles howed up on the net. I am doing ok. I just went outside my hostel to get some water. I did not see even one person! Only a few cats and dogs...Most of my fellow students were smart, left just at the start of the problem. I am still waiting for the reply from the Embassy.
Its no problem, I am online all my waking hours, haha after all I have nothing else to do...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Here I have an article that mentions how little the vaccine is accepted in switzerland. They have 12 million jabs, far more than the whole of the population. And intresting is that at the bottom they report about 48 deaths of SWINE FLU in Ukraine. This whole thing seems to be played by the TPTB to get the people to panic. I hope this is the case rather than an outbreak of the plague.

www.blick.ch...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm intrigued why samples are being sent to London (UK) for analysis rather than closer Labs in the EU? any one know?. I would assume by now that all countries within the EU are now set up to diagnose H1N1.. so why London, since I am sure there are a lot of closer labs.

(just throwing out that I know the MOD Chemical Warfare facility at Porton Down has been working on plague vaccines to counter a plague being used as a Bio-Weapon)

(also with a tin foil hat on this would explain to my mind why GordonB opened COBR (Emergency facility at Whitehall) earlier this week rather than the "it was for the couple hijaked off Somalia" line we got in the press))

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Good spot TFJ!

plague seems like a more plausible emergency crisis situation than a hijacked couple.

G

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Gordi The Drummer]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Hey asen, good to hear! Must be scary to walk thorugh an empty town. I know that you probably have not a good overview of this situation, but i can´t resist to post some more questions.

Could you get out of Lviv if you wanted or would the police send you back? Is there military in/around the town?

Can you (or anyone else from Ukraine/Eastern europe) confirm that some borders were closed/are to be closed? I heard reports of Slovakia, Russia, Belarus and possibly Poland closing it´s borders to Ukraine, scary! If that comes true, then it can NOT be H1N1, since that is in those countries aswell. Or is my "logic" wrong?
Sorry for bugging again

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by euleberlin

Hey asen, good to hear! Must be scary to walk thorugh an empty town. I know that you probably have not a good overview of this situation, but i can´t resist to post some more questions.

Could you get out of Lviv if you wanted or would the police send you back? Is there military in/around the town?

Can you (or anyone else from Ukraine/Eastern europe) confirm that some borders were closed/are to be closed? I heard reports of Slovakia, Russia, Belarus and possibly Poland closing it´s borders to Ukraine, scary! If that comes true, then it can NOT be H1N1, since that is in those countries aswell. Or is my "logic" wrong?
Sorry for bugging again

Only thing I can 100% confirm is that my friend tried to send some Tamiflu from Poland. But all couriers denied service. So she will come over to the border and hand it over a person who will take it to a nearby town. A friend of hers will go from here to the town to get it into Lviv. Somewhat like smuggling. Let the 'team' go out from here. If they encounter any checkpoints I will have 1st hand verification.
Also there was a link here which says 400 police officers were sick so all checkpoints cannot be guarded. Hope they use that loophole...we are in need of the meds.

[edit on 1/11/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Does anyone know if Tamiflu will be effective again pneumonic plague?? Like Marburg or SARS....my Microbio books has just one paragraph on this...nothing about meds...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wow, no courier service is weird. I had not thought that would stop so fast. Good plan to smuggle Tamiflu, though it sounds like a stretch from here.
But what can you do else already?
If EU wanted to help, they would...

Sorry, don´t know much about Tamiflu, but i´d say it´s for flus only, hence the name. But i´m sure there are other members who know much more about this med.
Again, keep fine!
edit: btw, i LOVE your sig!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
Does anyone know if Tamiflu will be effective again pneumonic plague?? Like Marburg or SARS....my Microbio books has just one paragraph on this...nothing about meds...

Hi Asen,

I just checked wikipedia again, regarding pneumonic plague...

LINK

"Prognosis and treatment
Pneumonic plague is a very aggressive infection requiring early treatment. To reduce the risk of death, antibiotics must be given within 24 hours of first symptoms.[2] Streptomycin, gentamicin, tetracyclines, and chloramphenicol are all effective against pneumonic plague.

Antibiotic treatment for seven days will protect people who have had direct, close contact with infected patients. Wearing a close-fitting surgical mask also protects against infection.[2]

Without treatment, the mortality rate from pneumonic plague approaches 100%"

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

For the Pneumonic plague your looking at Anti-Biotics (as with SARS) heres a SARS treatment link includes description of herbals used in China in conjunction with Anti-Biotics

SARS reference/ Treatment

Hope you get the meds..

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join