It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've always wondered why people are suddenly believing the Mayan calendar 2012 stuff. Why is it supposed to be so reliable? Has it predicted anything else in history that we should know about?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been brought up, but Ian Lungold has an explanation of something that was found in the region of the Maya which went unexplained for a long time because it starts with a time frame of 16.4 billion years (right around current estimates of the age of the Universe). At the time it was discovered, no one had a clue why such a long time period would enter into things...

But shorter and shorter periods were described until our present one (Ethics) with one more to be reached that lasts 280 days (Conscious Co-Creation).

All of these time frames end simultaneously. Ian has an October, 2011 date, but many see that it should be 12-21-12 (differences in translating Mayan dates to Gregorian ones, likely). But the point is, do we really believe that we will start all over with a 16.4 billion year cycle? When the "steps" of this Mayan "calendar" represent developmental aspects of consciousness?

No. Something else will happen. Who knows exactly what.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by obeah6

I've always wondered why people are suddenly believing the Mayan calendar 2012 stuff. Why is it supposed to be so reliable? Has it predicted anything else in history that we should know about?

Good question. I would think the reason to believe is different for everyone, as is also the type of info / prophecy / scientific reasoning and whatnot one has been exposed to or done research in.

Some people only believe what they see with their own eyes. Others require scientific 'evidence' in order to 'believe' and find that sufficient enough to not have to witness it themselves in order to accept it as truth. Again others are more open minded and accept that some things are beyond our current scientific (or personal) comprehension and trust their intuition to show them their 'truth'.

It just depends on what type of person you are I guess. This diversity is what keeps discussions interesting ^^

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sean85b

I'm a afraid I you hit the nail on the head.

2012, the awakening, secret government control, psyops, "detention" centers, all point towards one direction. This is a spiritual war: to keep people under control until the very end, no matter what the cost. It all points to these weird, secret organizations, mostly Skull & Bones type of groups, which are, in their very core, EVIL.

I would love to think that I'm paranoid, but I'm afraid this happens to be the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Also if the Mayas were so ignorant and current scientists so much better why it took us so long to find that the Earth was round and measure it? Or count the number of planets in the solar system? Or find out that our calendar sucks pretty bad?

They didn't had Hubble, telescopes, satellites, internet, atomic energy, and all of the related stuff and yet were able to come up with all that plus more. Things that took us centuries and modern technology to prove as being correct.

Correct the mayans werent ignorant thankfully they never said the world was gonna end in 2012!!!!!!

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fallenearth]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
About 2012
1)Mayan calender ends a great cycle
2)Hopi Indians have oral histories that state civilization(the world) was destroyed 3 times,roughly every 6500 years or so.
3)All present humans are descended from only 5000 breeding age females (general population ~ 12-15000 humans),this is scientific fact.
3)Sumarian civilization had advanced mathematics and star maps 6000 years ago,there are no human habitations found earlier than 6000-6500 years ago,why??,agriculture was supposedly developed 10-11000 years ago.
4)Some geologists date the great Sphinx in Egypt to 10-12000 years ago due to rainwater erosion of rocks surrounding the sphinx(prior great civilization??)
4)Worldwide histories in many diverse cultures separated by thousands of miles describing a great flood or calamity.
5)Dogan priests in Ethiopia have accurate star maps of Sirius dating back 4500 years,this despite having no telescopes!!
6) If a large planetoid or planet was hurling towards the solar system,do you think the elite power blocs would release this knowledge to the general public or hide it and try to save their asses at the expense of the rest of the human race???(ie build spaceships in secret)
7)The so called building of FEMA camps could be a smoke screen for the stockpiling of supplies for the power elites here in the USA,so they will survive.
8)A banana tree cannot reproduce itself,you must plant a shoot cut from a living banana tree to start a new banana tree,bananas have been found in Egyptian tombs from 4000 years ago,where was the first tree??

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

exactly what i think is going on here.

and to the guy to replied to my post before. like really? haha

ahh my gawd, some people on this site are just ridiculous.

it's funny though, they try and say 2012 isn't the end of the world.
but even by making that claim. they already are ignorant to the subject.

2012 isn't the end of the world. nor is one day (dec. 21, 2012) going to kill everyone.

my simple point being made here is that, this time period we live in is very important and the coming years will certainly shape our future, and get rid of all these corrupt corporations and governments.

but yeah, trying proving the future wrong isn't exactly a good plan.

you better off just being aware of whats going on this in this world, and stop spreading all this stupid "2012 doomsday garbage".

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

I think most interesting (and important thing) is why the calendar ends so suddenly? Mostly from an scientific point of view. If they were so accurate otherwise, why it suddenly stops?

Seems very odd.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gak730

what about all of the underground bases being built in the past years, in denver for instance.

why ?

I have to say that this makes me very suspicious that they know something we dont,and didnt the CIA and NSA move to Colorado?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More alititude?More Office space ?Or to be closer to the Space Command.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

A Physical pole shift is just a hypothesis, not even that because it hasnt been observed and there is no real scientific evidence to support it (none i could find atleast). Geomagnetic reversal (switching the north and south magnetic poles) happends often in the earths history, and is widely accepted in the scientific community.

Alot of people ive talked to about pole shift think it means the north continents will end up in the south and vice versa, causing the end of the world. There is no evidence of this occuring.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

It doesn't just STOP.... it resets and was designed like that.

BTW our 2009 calender ends on the 31/12/2009.. are you going to run around like chicken little?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashguru
To the OP:

Why are you in a conspiracy theory forum when you don't believe in any of them?

Ummmm, check my post and thread history, you will find that there are conspiracies I do believe in.

Thanks for not contributing to the thread

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Actually I don’t know where people get 2012 from or where you get 12/12/2012 from since the Calendar ends 12/24/2011. Me thinks you are simply hyping a thread.

Sorry, I stand corrected, you are correct....I seemed to have written the date down wrong. The corret date should align with the northern hemispheres winter solstice

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It's quite alright friend, but be honest, were you standing or sitting when you were corrected?

I am going to be a bit skeptical here and say you were sitting corrected!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wow! I am so happy that the "Wizard" has finally spoken
and that nothing is going to happen! Tomorrow, I will go
and tell everyone I know, that have been laid off or are out
of work. It's all going to be OK!

Then again, when has the weatherman ever been right?
:@@

[edit on 29-10-2009 by AlternateEnding]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's quite alright friend, but be honest, were you standing or sitting when you were corrected?

Well I do usually sit while tying on a computer

Im not blown away....but im glad you did correct me

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Well I do usually sit while tying on a computer

Im not blown away....but im glad you did correct me

I can tell you as someone who found out about this calendar decades ago as a relic and archeological artifact that at that point in time all it had was a romantic intrique and a slight following of interested people curious about it.

It has grown into a whole sub culture and business since then that a lot of people are trying to capitalize on.

The thing that tickled most people's imaginations were the differences between the long count calendar and the short count calendar.

Because the Mayans were acutely interested in astronomy and and the movement of the planets they kept different calendars using different systems to note the cycles of other celestial bodies.

A lot of speculation has been put forth as to the signifigance of why they did that.

A long vanished people and a dead language offer few definitive or tangible clues and creates the perfect opportunity for speculation and profit.

We live in difficult and changing times friend and people look for clues and answers to that in many places. Some of them might seem more odd than others.

I suspect this is a situation that only time will tell. How appropriate for a controversy over a calendar!

[edit on 29/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallenearth

Originally posted by thomas_

Also if the Mayas were so ignorant and current scientists so much better why it took us so long to find that the Earth was round and measure it? Or count the number of planets in the solar system? Or find out that our calendar sucks pretty bad?

They didn't had Hubble, telescopes, satellites, internet, atomic energy, and all of the related stuff and yet were able to come up with all that plus more. Things that took us centuries and modern technology to prove as being correct.

Correct the mayans werent ignorant thankfully they never said the world was gonna end in 2012!!!!!!

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fallenearth]

Only morons think that the Mayan's said for A+B that the world would end. They do however talk about the end of cycle and a few other bits that leave things up to interpretation.

Those who can't stand their lives anymore or are simply pessimists see a big fat "The End", new age people see a new "conscious age" where everyone is happy and sing kumbaya all day long, optimists see the beginning of shiny new world, NWO freaks see the raise of a 4th Reich, Grey fans see them coming to earth to do some shopping and skeptics see nothing because that's all they do.

Personally I would like to see a wake up call that results in a mix of all of the above to reset certain things and spice things up a bit. If it will happen I don't know and I don't care

But one can imagine, without imagination all that would be left in this world are boring insensible people that keep regurgitating factoids... that my friend would be too bleeping boring to not be considered a true end of humanity.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

haha, just wait a few more years, i think were due for a change.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i do not have any evidence to contribute.

i also cannot prove that i am alive.

fact is: we know not how consciousness arises in the universe. it is just as likely as anything that the movements of cosmological bodies, as recorded in calendar systems, directly influence changes in physical -> psycho -> spiritual evolution.

it is my belief that "the change" will happen instantaneously. in the exact same fashion as a physical particle will change its state...(uh oh, hes about to use the word "quantum".)

state #1 [quantum indeterminancy] state #2 POOF!!

similarly, during the formation of the noosphere, the collective world consciousness will achieve a critical threshold....and.....

...POOF!!....

2012 is as good of a date as any. sure. why not?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join