It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean85b
"BLASPHEMY!! Obama (praise His name!) IS the savior - not just of the US but for the whole world - nay, the whole universe! What other world leader has had the intestinal fortitude to finally blast those detestable moon aliens? mmm mmmm mmm Barak Hussein Obama! (praise His name!)"

Please bro.....you obviously have no idea. Tell me what Obama has done? He IS no saviour - just another puppet put in place to give people hope...... I will not praise his name, all you know of Obama is what you see on the TV. He is no savior. HE HAS AND WILL DO NOTHING. you think one man can save the world. think you best get your superman comics out from under the bed because you are not living in realty.

Watch the 'Obama deception' for starters, that should get rid of some of the brown stain around your lips. lol

The coffee went out my nose!
Sad thing is there are those who will say "Really?" if you call him The Anointed One.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
yeah who. really knows. the mayans could be wrong too

2012 is very soon.. it can't be that soon

[edit on 29-10-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You know, at first i thought it was the end of the world from my research. mostly scientifically based. But then with a lil MORE research i decided to think that that is not the case after all.

BUT, then i heard this......

www.youtube.com...

And i am back to believeing that it will be afterall. This may have to be in a new thread, i dunno. but this is not to be taken lightly.
YOUR WELCOME.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by comppwizz

S&F Sir!

I agree, someone probably sent them a link because they thought they were sheeple, and tried to help them out. Some people will never get it. Y

The MSM and or Hollywood put out a movie and this is what all 2012ers believe.

So I will tell what I believe. History, aka the bible is written by the victors. I am not saying the bible is false. I believe it to be the truth. However there are two sides to every story. Although God was on the Israelite's side, and they in turn wrote stories, the Egyptians also had stories. The Colbrin Bible (I hope I am spelling it correctly) has similiar stories in the same similiar timeline. The main difference between this version and the holy bible, as far as I can tell, is where the Christian bible says Moses parted the sea, the Egyptians say, nibiru (aka the DESTROYER) entered into the earths atmosphere and caused tremendous flooding/tidal waves.

What I am trying to point out is, I wasn't there. I can only do my own research and READ up on things I want to understand. I don't know it to be true, but I can use rational thought to presume, just because the Egyptians didn't believe in the israelite's god, doesn't mean they didn't see the results of his power. And just because I do believe in god doesn't mean the Egyptians were lying. I don't understand hypnosis, however i don't know why my friend would ever embarass himself at a hypnotists comedy show.

In closing, I would like to state, we don't know everything. No one does. We have ideas and theories. It was once thought that the human body could not sustain speeds of over 60 mph. Many people thought our planet was what everything in the universe revolved around. These are now laughed at as far fetched outlandish beliefs. Please open your minds guys. I once was closed minded. I let that interfere with my life for a while. If it's not real, it will come out in the end. Until then, gather knowledge and let your soul sort out the truth. Not your brain. You are only 10% efficient like me!

Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

that pretty much takes care of the 2012 theories. Now if you want to know why we have been lied to all this time check this one out that I just made.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Amenti]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
First off, I support you coming out and sharing this information that I am sure is significant in your life (otherwise you probably wouldn't have started this thread). However, I think you need to step back down and realize that we are human beings, and the average human knows nothing of what will be the sure outcome in the future. We can have all of these speculations and disscussions on whether or not the world will end in 2012, but in all reality do you %100 know it will or won't happen? No. You simply believe that the world won't end (or will end. Either or?). So, my point is, you beileve that the world won't end. You dont know.

I can say that I believe that the orange sitting on my counter in my kitchen won't blow up, killing thousands of individuals. Then I could provide facts that as far as I know (as an average human being), that orange cannot simply blow up, it would be physically impossible unless somebody made it blow up (but thats not possible because its in my house). Then, a few days later, it blows up, killing thousands of people.

Now that whole scenario is obsurde, but my point being is, just because I believe that something can't happen, doesnt mean that it will. We are average people and unless you are from out of this world, or have a reliable source, anything can happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by comppwizz
Sitting here laughing my @ss off this site is called abovetopsecret its all about stuff that main stream people do not know about and do not care about, For people who wont to know and care. And what do we get a bunch of trolls and non believers with nothing better to do than come on here and tell us all how dumb we are. if you don't believe and don't care why are you here other than to tell others how superior you are that you have figure it all out and we have it all wrong.

Word! I mean sheesh! This is a place for free thinkers, people with open minds! It's so annoying that you have these skeptics that are here everyday to shoot down every theory or concept and act like those people are crazy, yet they are the ones coming to a conspiracy theory messageboard every day when they do not even have an open mind to believe in such theories.....who is the crazy one? Are all conspiracy theories true? of course not. But I continually see some of the same people shooting down theories everyday like they don't reven have an open mind. Why hang out at a conspiracy messageboard if you don't even believe in any comspiracies, thats nuts! I dislike opera music......so you wont catch me going to the opera. If you don't like conspiracies, why come here everyday?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Yep, you heard me it isnt.

The vast majority of you that believe that the world will end in 2012, simply quote that the Mayan calender ends on 12/12/2012. Anyone that thinks this is actually totally incorrect.

Mesoamerican Long Count Calender

LMAO, I think you ment 12/21/2012, the 12/12/12 that you mention is my birthday and I am planing to go to Vegas for the whole weekend since it might be the last birthday of my life, I will gamble all my money away or maybe make loads of money, we'll see....

now on topic, it sad that you based this OP on people that believe is the end of the world because there are a lotta people who believe it is just the end of a cicle, but go on.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Brilliant Post & Topic! Starred and Flagged!

I'm glad to know there are people who see the 'end' of the Mayan calendar for what it is, and not the end of what is.

It's unfortunately the same as everything else, I fear. Those that need these things to believe in, will continue to do so, in their quest borne of fear, to warn the world of it's impending doom.

One thing still strikes me however; the mayans were very apt at observing the celestial bodies. Even if it's just a simple yet once in a lifetime event, whatever happens on 2012 will still be worth being there for!

I just hope, despite all the hype, we get to notice it!

(edit for clarification)

[edit on 29/10/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

For a 16 year old, you sure make a good 40 year old!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallenearth
What I find hilarious is when you ask these people for proof they post some source that in itself has no scientific background or is completely wrong.

They can never give you proof or evidence from a real scientist or real facts.

Neither do scientists. All scientists do is come up with theories that fit a pre-existent belief system based on partial evidences that most often are proven wrong or incomplete.

Not that I buy all the doom and gloom about 2012 because I don't, but coincidences are interesting to say the least.

www.youtube.com...

science.nasa.gov...

Also if the Mayas were so ignorant and current scientists so much better why it took us so long to find that the Earth was round and measure it? Or count the number of planets in the solar system? Or find out that our calendar sucks pretty bad?

They didn't had Hubble, telescopes, satellites, internet, atomic energy, and all of the related stuff and yet were able to come up with all that plus more. Things that took us centuries and modern technology to prove as being correct.

The good thing is that in a few years we will all know what all this fuss about 2012 is all about.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver
Yes, Y2K did not happen, and do you want to know why? Because thousands of IT people (including myself) spent HOURS, and hours and companies spent thousands, and millions of dollars to make sure everything was fix before Dec 31 1999!.

Sweet Zombie Jesus, Im glad I didnt post my post now, you just did it for me. Far out, you deserve a flag yourself for that !

I too worked my bum off from 99 and to over 2k, as we still didnt catch everything, but we certainly made it transparent - working back sunday nights allows you to fix those things you find saturday afternoon and spend the next 24 hours sorting out...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Pole Shift, etc

There is a relevance to pole shift occuring too, but even that idea is scientifically flawed.

First off pole shift is not what it is thought here at ATS. There are several pseudoscientific theories that the earth will "turn upside down". Unfortunantly (or fortunately, lol), this is not accurate. Pole shift simply refers to a slight reorientation of the earths axis. There is no evidence to suggest the earth has completely "flipped around".

Actually, what you state here is incorrect. I will try to update you on the current popular theory surrounding a pole shift (yes, it remains a theory until we've actually witnessed one)

As you (hopefully) are aware of, the Earth's magnetic shield is sustained by our molten metal core which spins independently from the outer 'crust'. Naturally the spinning core does cause the whole Earth to rotate, but the crust spins much slower than the core as one rotation per 24hrs wouldn't be sufficient to generate a field as powerful as ours.

The weakening of the magnetic field (scientifically proven to be the case) leaves us vulnerable to ejections from the Sun (in our dipolar model these carry either northern or southern polarity, just like our Earth's magnetic shield does)
Once our shield is weakened enough, a CME of equal polarity as the side of the Earth it collides with, could knock the Earth's core upside down (yes, the CORE, not the Earth itself)
The theory states that the core won't stop spinning just because it's been turned upside down, but will continue to rotate. Because it is now upside down (North becomes South and vv) the Earth will stop and start spinning the other way around almost instantaneously, meaning we will see the Sun rise in the West and set in the East, as is currently the case on Venus.

I will not discuss the cataclysmic events that will occur when this happens, but rest assured, it will be a bumpy ride.

As I mentioned, this is just a theory and we won't know for sure if it is even possible until we see it happen. The current situation however is that the Earth's North pole is actually a magnetic South pole (hence, the compass needle on the Northern Hemisphere points north, as opposites attract)
Now why is that? Did we just mix up the polarities and name them wrong all this time? Or is it perhaps an indication of the dynamic nature of the Earth?

The weakening of our magnetic shield, together with the upcoming Solar max in 2012 might just indicate that something serious is about to happen. It is speculation, but of an educated one to say the least.

There is also a possibility of whats called geomagnetic reversal. This is a change in the earths magnetic field where the charges at the north and south pole are reversed. This is a more widely believed hypothesis than a complete pole shift.

This would not be possible. Like I stated, the Earth's magnetic field, and thus its polarities, is determined and generated by the spinning core. There can not be a reversal of polarities unless the core flips upside down. A magnetic pole shift is therefore the same as a physical shift. We're just 'lucky' that the core and crust are not linked to the degree where the crust would flip upside down as well.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not one of the doomsayers and although this pole shift might be part of a natural cycle, I find it hard to believe an accurate prophecy can be done so far into the future as is claimed to be the case. However, blindly dismissing it could prove just as foolish as blindly believing, if you ask me. We are only now beginning to understand the nature of our World / the Universe etc.

What I would like to see though, is that you do some decent research before blowing off existing theories as hoaxes when you obviously don't even understand what they are about.

Just my two cent

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Mokoman]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

quit harping on the Y2K stuff. That was a serious money maker for IT guys. I got paid a good bit to go around doing Y2K checks on systems. It was real tough. You had to set the time in the bios to December 31, 1999 @ 11:58pm then wait two minutes. If it didn't explode into a raging inferno, it was ok. Needless to say, I am burn free today. I just wish the 2012 had some computer significance.

But to be more on topic, I was under the impression that the Sumerians had the same time frame for their calendar ending. If that is true, then the obviously expected something to change. Not that I worry about it. I have as much chance of changing the global outcome of the end of times as I do of ending war and hunger. Live life without regrets, and drink beer with a smile. the rest will take care of itself.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Why dont we wait and find out.

I believe you will be proved wrong. The year 2000 has nothing to do with 2012. One was a date that some people believed would make computer programs do unexpected things, the other is a date spoken about in many ancient cultures.

The world wont end. But there will be many disasters in the coming years. Can I say that without you screaming "fear mongering"?

But like I said, lets wait and see. Your opinion isnt important and neither is mine. The real outcome is all that matters.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by WorldObserver

Funny, no one in IT touched my computer or phone leading up to December 31st 1999...

Do you know what they did on the first? Same thing they were doing on the 31st...

Plenty weren't. Thats why we were fixing them, and we had to run tests on them before hand to verify if they needed replacing or the software updating.

Plenty of PC's were already y2k compliant. We need not replace them. Just update the software.

Somehow I doubt your phone would cause a system wide mission critical server to fail, causing mass delays in whatever service it provided - in my case Tafe servers for Administration staff including exchange servers and domain controllers. All went well except the exchange server that we discovered on saturday had flipped out after a service patch provided for it, and decided it was 19999. That works pretty well in a place where contracts with international institutes and hospitality institutes world wide considered us worth multi thousands in service.

About the worst I'd expect is your alarm wakes you up in 1900 at 4am.

Point being, we found and resolved a bucketload of problems. Someones microwave going its 1900 would mean their cold pizza STILL gets hot the same day. Water wasn't going to dry up, but banking could have frozen. The unknown and unexpected HAD to be taken into account. If it was in doubt, chuck it out.

If it weren't for the amount of hours people put in, then the y2k bug would have been, IMO, a serious historical laugh. The year everyone stuffed up because they all laughed about it being so stupid.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

well made, slickly done videos. bravo. but you are a serious contradiction to yourself. you state seemingly very solid scientific fact then from the end of two on you reference the bible and christianity?! c'mon man. You had me right up until that point. Religion has been the true snake oil salesman from the beginning. And I couldn't tell if you believed the bible end-time revelations or if you thought that they were there as a blueprint for the elite to follow. No one man will be able to get over on 6 billion people. And if the christians are against it great. But they won't even be close to the only ones. Well made videos though and I particularly liked the SCIENTIFIC info about 2012.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Chadwickus

quit harping on the Y2K stuff. That was a serious money maker for IT guys. I got paid a good bit to go around doing Y2K checks on systems. It was real tough. You had to set the time in the bios to December 31, 1999 @ 11:58pm then wait two minutes. If it didn't explode into a raging inferno, it was ok. Needless to say, I am burn free today. I just wish the 2012 had some computer significance.

Lmao, I wish I'd worked where you did. Sounds a breeze. Nice!!

No need to test the software that staff relied on, or if you couldnt test it, or if the software was now so old it was no longer supported, track down the ancient company who wrote it and ask them, or find an alternative for the staff who were as oblivious to the problem as they were to fleas on their dogs.

Ahh, nice! Easy pay, that..

Tafes had tradies. Tradies dont like change. Change means anger management. That means IT staff get told off by smug sods in overalls who dont take kindly to blokes wearing clean shirts. Ahh tafe.. no wonder I quit.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's quite obvious that is 2012 event won't happen. There might be some enviromental changes, but the world isn't gonna end. If that would happen I would think Obama would be worried to death to keep the citizens of the United States safe. But he isn't, because there is know such things as the world is gonna end in 2012. Even scientist already said it'll be at least a billion years till' the world dies out...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paranormal_Kid
It's quite obvious that is 2012 event won't happen. There might be some enviromental changes, but the world isn't gonna end. If that would happen I would think Obama would be worried to death to keep the citizens of the United States safe. But he isn't, because there is know such things as the world is gonna end in 2012. Even scientist already said it'll be at least a billion years till' the world dies out...

I often wish the world was like you are describing. The president and the governments all working to protect the people and make their lives easier and more enjoyable, scientists working to get the best technology for the planet out to the masses, politicians having honest intentions of improving the world. And so on.

It would be so awesome.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Copernicus]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join