It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

how cute, bless your little heart.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

Originally posted by squiz
The Sun, the father intersects with the galactic centre the Mother.
Symbolizing cosmic procreation. And a rebirth of the sun. It's about creation as it appears to me. It's impossible to understand this from a modern western stand point.
Make love on solstice 2012 as the heavens are.
you know, 2 points are always aligned

see you on the other side of the galactic plane

Actually yes I do. Oh and it's three points we are talking about, yep, I can count too. And I might be making presumptions but I'm pretty sure the Maya realized this as well.
The special astronomical event only happens on a solstice once every 26,000 years and it's not just a simple alignment.
If you read my later post, you might realize that I do actually have a clue regarding the astronomy.

And like I said impossible to understand if you don't have a clue.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by squiz]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WickedStar

haha why thank you, unless it was sarcasm than, boo!

i myself have gone through a lot of changes in the past few years,

through these changes a whole new way of looking at things started to emerge.

I have researched and found out a lot of things, regarding religious history ranging from Hindu to Jewish and even Islamic. This is because sooo many of our current religious teachings are manipulated for materialism. (so the true message is often overlooked.)
The truth in my opinion is that we have a very deluded concept of god in general, well some people at least.

The thing is though, many of these religions talk about a apocalypse in the future. Although tons of people attribute apocalypse to meaning the end of the world or something bad/evil. Apocalypse really means to reveal the truth.

That is part of the reason why i think the time frame of now, and past 2012
shall certainly start to reveal the truth in this world, regarding out existence, in general. and how we ended up on earth, was it through random chance and evolution, or perhaps have aliens or advanced humans simply helped us along our path in evolution thousands of years ago.

whatever the case may be, the coming years shall definitely answer these questions for me

i maybe terribly wrong but the way things are looking in the world right now, i beg to differ.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sum1one
So are you saying the Mayan calendar does NOT end on 21/12/2012, or are you saying that even if the Mayan calendar DOES end on 21/12/2012, nothing is going to happen???

I'm confused.

Yes it doesnt end, it simply restarts a new long term claneder. The mayan people actually celebrate the change yet somehow we made a conspiracy out of it

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yes indeed, and five cycles of the long count calendar add up to the length of the Earth's precessional cycle to within one-half of one percent.
Some think this is a coincidence, I think not.
We are currently in the fifth cycle, The Maya did not even see one cycle. they began the calendar about three thousand years into the fifth cycle.
People forget the calender wasn't their creation.
Seems not only did they understand an incredible accuracy for length of year, they also knew the precessional cycle accurately. And even knew their place within it, so that the cycle would begin again on said date.

With all the hooha, people are missing some amazing thought provoking realities.
Of course people may say they hoaxed it.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by squiz]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's a misunderstanding between the two cultures. Look grab a map. There's a big wide world out there. Our culture views time linearly. Most others see it as cyclic. They themselves do not believe it will end. They see another cycle beginning from the old. That's it in a nutshell.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
OZ, I just wanted to say that I thought your thread was quite good and I gave it a S&F.

You made excellent counter arguments, staying as close to the facts as you could.

I may have different opinions about what the next few years hold, but neither of us really know for sure one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The vast majority of us think the world will end??

You assume a lot, lol

But thanks for googling what we did months or even years ago.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I believe that SOMETHING will definitely happen on 2012. If not something of prohecy, then something that occurs because of man's hunger to watch the world burn. I see so many people who are actually looking FORWARD to doomsday that if something doesn't happen you'll have a lot of very angry/confused/ignorant people out there.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravhen
I see so many people who are actually looking FORWARD to doomsday that if something doesn't happen you'll have a lot of very angry/confused/ignorant people out there.

If this is true they are sick puppies who would want to see their child, mom, dad, siblings suffer? Not I. Their is a lot wrong in the world and a lot of corrupt power but i still wouldnt wanna see my loved ones suffer in a hail of fire.
Anyone who wants to see this loves no one.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fallenearth

My thoughts exactly. Do i wanna see some kind of change in the world? Yes. Do I want millions to die in some apocalyptic event in order to achieve it? No chance.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Good thread. There is more of a threat from civil hysteria then from 2012.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ok I've been reading that a black hole is at the center of the milky way. I've heard in 2012, the sun or earth (sorry for being unclear), will be at the center of the galaxy. Wow, do u think this could mean chaos for life on earth, as far as the black hole being at the center of the galaxy?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UpNAway321
Ok I've been reading that a black hole is at the center of the milky way. I've heard in 2012, the sun or earth (sorry for being unclear), will be at the center of the galaxy. Wow, do u think this could mean chaos for life on earth, as far as the black hole being at the center of the galaxy?

I think you may be a tad confused.

I think the sun is supposed to be aligned with the centre of the milky way, rather than it being "in" the centre

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Yes, Y2K did not happen, and do you want to know why? Because thousands of IT people (including myself) spent HOURS, and hours and companies spent thousands, and millions of dollars to make sure everything was fix before Dec 31 1999!.

that is such malarky and you know it.

A computer doesnt think "its the year 1900, therefore i should not exist" and then shut its self down.

the worst that would have happened is you would have had some seriously over due library books

Its hilarious to me that there are people in this world who can point to the mayan calendar and say "The world will end in 2012 because the calendar does"

But then they leave the room calling you an idiot when you point out that there are many Mayan inscriptions that refer to the future thousands of years beyond today...and beyond 2012.

So the world ends, but the Mayans are still going to make inscriptions to talk about predictions that will take place many many centuries after human beings are gone?

You people seriously need to learn how to do your homework before you try to act like you know what you're doing.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

ROFL L 2 READ THREAD.

the Mayans didn't say it was the end of the world or something bad at all.

you simply need to do your homework and realize half of the "stuff" related to "2012" doesn't even have to do with doomsday.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

the Mayans didn't say it was the end of the world or something bad at all.

i'm glad that you agree with me. "L2Read" yourself...i said that PEOPLE are pointing at the mayans and saying that the world will end because of the 2012 bull crap.

Seriously...take a chill pill...you're not as cavalier as you might hope.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I believe the 2012 issue is for most not to be taken explicitly, nor the Biblical prophesies of the end-times. Having said that, there is much in ancient prophesy toward which we seem to be presently, inextricably, rushing as a civilization. I see a converging of critical circumstances on all fronts, economic, military, environmental, even philosophical, and one must acknowledge that 2012 is at least a good approximate focal point or potential culmination of that apparently dire trajectory. Measured in the "chatter" present in society which alludes to cataclysmic events, and it exponential acceleration, I would not discount 2012 as the fulcrum, if not of annihilation, at least of a more precipitous fall for civilization. I suppose the events of the next three years shall tell.

The chatter of which I speak above, resonates most strongly in the artistic endeavors of a society. It is this collective awareness and anxiety, as well as the manner in which it is embedded and encoded in our art, which has occupied my thoughts and studies most in recent years.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Everyone should quickly Google "The Newest Pretrib Calendar" for new info about 2012 !!!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think we can be in troubles anyway!

Checkout and google the small body of "2001-CQ36" around May 31 2012 when it is crossing our orbit! - Nasa say we would thankfully just pass it - if we can trust nasa's math that is - "IF" they now are telling us the truth??

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join