It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
All I know for a fact is that all of my credit cards and some of my documents do expire by 2012. Unfortunately all before the date in question, so if the world does *poof* by December 21 renewing those will be a big waste of precious time.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nice post Ill be sure to look into it more the subjects you point out.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sean85b

Geeessshhhh, 'bro' - can't you recognize sarcasm when you see it?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
How can anyone label something a hoax that hasn't even happened yet? How can anyone prove anything that hasn't happened yet; one way or the other??

OZ?

Can you explain? You demand proof that something will happen, knowing full well that this is impossible to provide, yet you go on to proclaim that something won't happen, when you have no proof yourself... so what then is the point of this thread? Is it an attempt to make a mockery out of this topic kind of like Roland Emmerich is going to do with his movie? Or maybe it's born out of your fear of the unknown about what lies ahead, and you feel you need to belittle it because it'll make you feel better? ..so what is it..

I especially love the Y2K metaphors too...

Anyway- I don't know where I'm going with this except to say that, you can't help but notice that change is happening at an ever increasing rate.. we're accelerating to the point of redlining and we're going to need to shift into a higher a gear or else the engine is going to explode...

Withdraw your mind from the machine and try to see truth

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

there might be something happening in 2012 but not cause of a galactic alignment, could be our own sun frying us..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
How can anyone label something a hoax that hasn't even happened yet? How can anyone prove anything that hasn't happened yet; one way or the other??

OZ?

Can you explain? You demand proof that something will happen, knowing full well that this is impossible to provide,

Anyway- I don't know where I'm going with this except to say that, you can't help but notice that change is happening at an ever increasing rate.. we're accelerating to the point of redlining and we're going to need to shift into a higher a gear or else the engine is going to explode...

He is not demanding proof that something 100% for sure will happen, he is demanding to see proof from the doomsayers that is legitimate science and factual that points to the world ending in 2012.

Not the usual: "The mayan calendar ends in 2012," or " our climate is changing," etc etc none of this proves in 2012 the human race or earth will go poof.

. "Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof," and its up to the doomsayers to provide this proof in the form of real science not pseudoscience.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fallenearth]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

How can you label something as true when it hasnt happened yet?

Huh Photon?

Can you explain? You demand proof that something will happen, knowing full well that this is impossible to provide, yet you go on to proclaim that something won't happen, when you have no proof yourself

I havent demanded proof it will happen......I have proclaimed that the ones who claim the Mayan calender ends at 2012 are wrong though

Or maybe it's born out of your fear of the unknown about what lies ahead, and you feel you need to belittle it because it'll make you feel better? ..so what is it..

Did you see my link before? It has over 500 failed doomsday prophecies....thats why I belittle it. Im not afraid of it happening, I simply dont believe it will. Perhaps your own life is so boring that you have to fill the void with something like this, for excitement...

Withdraw your mind from the machine and try to see truth

Yes, of course its going to explode. Thats what pseudo conspiracy theorists have been claiming fior decades now....an even here on ATS. Look back to through the archives and its pretty much the same stuff...yet it still hasnt happened

By the way, I think that movie will be great

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
you better off just being aware of whats going on this in this world, and stop spreading all this stupid "2012 doomsday garbage".

I misjudged you

Thats the best thing said for the entire thread

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
www.natutech.nl/00/nt/nl/47/artikel/26050/Balen:_%272012%27_is_pas_over_twee_eeuwen.html

Well I really don't know if somebody did already read and mention this, but some paper from NWT ( Natuurwetenschappen en Techniek ) did some research about 2012 and found there was an error in calculation : endtimes should be in 2208 !!!!!!! in Dutch ........I hope this link works, I have no time to translate but if necessary I can.
Have a better day now you know it's for later on ... some time left !!! Have a good beer also !!
Dutch people are also very implicated in research about paranormal etc ... most important is they believe in an error in calculation of 2012 ...... you have some ideas ???

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So are you saying the Mayan calendar does NOT end on 21/12/2012, or are you saying that even if the Mayan calendar DOES end on 21/12/2012, nothing is going to happen???

I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sicklecell

A Physical pole shift is just a hypothesis, not even that because it hasnt been observed and there is no real scientific evidence to support it (none i could find atleast). Geomagnetic reversal (switching the north and south magnetic poles) happends often in the earths history, and is widely accepted in the scientific community.

Agreed, it is just a hypothesis (I called it a theory but alright) and I also said that there is no way we can know for sure if it's even possible.

There are many holes in all the theories regarding how the magnetosphere actually comes into being, I merely posted the popular theory on which the global cataclysm is based and never said it to be true or factual.

Hell, we don't even know for sure what the actual makeup of the Earth is, it is all speculative. There is no proof that the Earth's core is made of metal. Some say it's liquid, others say it's solid. There is no way for us to even find out with our very limited scientific abilities but that doesn't mean we can't speculate about it.

The only so called proof of pole reversals happening in the past is based on the 'permanent' magnetic charge found in rocks. How do they know the rocks were charged by the magnetic field, and not by some other force? Again, it is all speculative and assumptions have to be made in order to make a case for whatever theory or hypothesis is formed in this regard. The rocks however do not prove that geomagnetic reversal occurs any more than it proves an actual physical shift occurred.

Just because something is accepted within the scientific community doesn't make it more plausible for me. The mainly accepted hypothesis and theories make use of the same type of assumptions as the alternative theorists do, e.g. the dynamo effect caused by the speculated inner makeup of the Earth. 'They' do not know more about this than you or I do.

Imaginative ability combined with basic physics is what forms these theories. Not scientific fact. The main scientific theories regarding pole reversals are just as 'pseudo' as any other.

Alot of people ive talked to about pole shift think it means the north continents will end up in the south and vice versa, causing the end of the world. There is no evidence of this occuring

I think the continental drift you speak of here is based on the Earth crustal displacement theory. Though often linked to a physical pole shift, it is actually a side effect.

The idea behind this is, that the 'loose' outer crust of the Earth can drift over the 'liquid' magma layer beneath it causing repositioning of the continents to different latitudes. This is a hypothesis which attempts to explain Ice Ages / the sudden freezing of Antarctica / frozen Siberian mammoth found with grass still in its mouth and a whole lot of other anomalies. Whether or not this is evidence for you depends on what is an acceptible explanation for certain past occurrences. I beg to differ. This seems very plausible to me. This is actually what raised my interest in the whole pole shift issue, as it is currently my best explanation of how a crustal displacement might come about.

Totally different discussion altogether but an interesting one

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
www.natutech.nl/00/nt/nl/47/artikel/26050/Balen:_%272012%27_is_pas_over_twee_eeuwen.html

Well I really don't know if somebody did already read and mention this, but some paper from NWT ( Natuurwetenschappen en Techniek ) did some research about 2012 and found there was an error in calculation : endtimes should be in 2208 !!!!!!! in Dutch ........I hope this link works, I have no time to translate but if necessary I can.
Have a better day now you know it's for later on ... some time left !!! Have a good beer also !!
Dutch people are also very implicated in research about paranormal etc ... most important is they believe in an error in calculation of 2012 ...... you have some ideas ???

I read this too. Actually, 2208 isn't mentioned in the article at all. It mentions the so called Fuls correlation by German Andreas Fuls, which puts the enddate in december 2220. It's just another idea, no more true than the 'original' 2012 date if you ask me.

For those who don't read Dutch, he refers to a certain Maya tablet which shows the positioning of Venus (like many other Maya artifacts) and used this to come to his enddate of 21, 22 or 23 December 2220. This artifact was not yet (re-)discovered, and thus not taken into account, when Goodman, Martinez and Thompson did their initial GMT-correlation of the calendar.

What I don't understand here is that, although he does calculate a different enddate, the start of the calendar is taken for granted to have begun at 11 August 3114 BC. This seems weird to me. If the calculation which brings you the enddate is incorrect, why would the startdate be taken for granted?

If anything I would believe someone who is closer to the source, like someone of Mayan descent (though even their words have to be judged sceptically)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's highly unlikely the solstice date is incorrect for a number of reasons.
The date was arrived at by a number of independent researchers and the date by chance happens to be solstice, that's pretty lucky.
It's independent of the Gregorian calendar since it's simply a matter of counting days.
Also the astronomical events are significant, the sun will be at the centre of the sacred tree between Venus and Mars, Pluto and Mercury will also be adorning the sacred tree. (The cross created by the galactic equator and the path of the sun and.) It's quite poetic really, creation, duality etc...

Could be wrong of course, but yeah that's pretty lucky.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
The Sun, the father intersects with the galactic centre the Mother.
Symbolizing cosmic procreation. And a rebirth of the sun. It's about creation as it appears to me. It's impossible to understand this from a modern western stand point.
Make love on solstice 2012 as the heavens are.
you know, 2 points are always aligned

see you on the other side of the galactic plane

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sum1one
So are you saying the Mayan calendar does NOT end on 21/12/2012, or are you saying that even if the Mayan calendar DOES end on 21/12/2012, nothing is going to happen???

OP is saying like all calendars the Mayan is cyclical - 21 Dec 2012 is the equivalent of New Year's Eve on our annual calendar -- the sun will come up tomorrow and we will keep on keeping on.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny is the world ended in November 2012 and we never got to see the 21st December .......

Now that the risk of Apophis hitting Earth on Fri 13th April 2029/2036 has diminished, I'm really not sure when the next end of the world date will be. Though I still suspect the most popular date in books being published in 2013 will still be 2029/2036 - after all, who ever let silly insignifcant details like facts get in the way of making money?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
2012 won't be a doomsday, it will only be perceived as one by the souls that were too negative to make it to the 4th density.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I evaluate every scenario on its own since I dont believe there is any connection at all between 500 previous generic predictions and this prediction. But you argue that since those 500 predictions failed, this scenario cannot happen. Do you see the flaw in your logic?

I remember another thread you had about the Nibiru connection to earth quakes where you used the same logic. You claimed that since earth quakes happen a lot in the ring of fire, there is nothing unusual about more earth quakes in that region. Wouldnt that region be exactly where there would be more earth quakes if Nibiru was affecting the planet? That region is obviously the most sensitive to them because of the earth structure.

You and me think very differently and I think its probably because of a different emotional belief system in the two of us. It affects our reasoning more than most people realize.

And you shouldnt be so arrogant against people. Nothing you have typed makes this scenario impossible. You could be wrong. And you are merely stating your opinion. Mine differs from yours. Perhaps I am the one being right. We will see.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Stared the poster. Nothing will happen on 2012.

By the way how could a nation foresee the end of the world in 2012 and not see their own end.
Would the Mayas be able to see in the future they surely could have taken countermeasures to survive.

Therefore, see you in 2013.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
Stared the poster. Nothing will happen on 2012.

By the way how could a nation foresee the end of the world in 2012 and not see their own end.
Would the Mayas be able to see in the future they surely could have taken countermeasures to survive.

Therefore, see you in 2013.

Because they didn't conceive of the calendar and / or prophecy themselves?
People always seem to think that because the Maya themselves are seen as brutal primitive tribesmen, they therefore had no way of knowing anything remotely scientific according to our standards (understading) today. Why would they adopt a calendar that started a very long time before their own civilisation came into existence?

Perhaps they inherited the knowledge from a civilisation that preceeded them (or even ET's, but I dare not go there as most people in this thread will not be able to comprehend the posibility) This has been suggested many times. It is accepted that ancient mythology the world over share a common root, despite the various civilisations not being in contact with one another since we learned how to develop speech.

People are just too much set in their ways to accept that we know close to nothing about what went on here on Earth in ancient times. The ancients probably knew more about our own history than we do today.

Modern man thinks it's so superior, while in fact most of us are so detached from our common source that our ability to actually comprehend the truth about anything is severely limited.

We'd rather believe some internet article by some proclaimed scientist who we've never met than follow our own heart. Sad but true (for most people.... gladly there are still exceptions)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join