It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Mayans were aware that all of nature operates in cycles, they were also quite aware that we cannot separate ourselves from these cycles. As above, so below. Believe whatever you want to believe about 2012, as long as you realize you cannot stand apart from the cosmos.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sitting here laughing my @ss off this site is called abovetopsecret its all about stuff that main stream people do not know about and do not care about, For people who wont to know and care. And what do we get a bunch of trolls and non believers with nothing better to do than come on here and tell us all how dumb we are. if you don't believe and don't care why are you here other than to tell others how superior you are that you have figure it all out and we have it all wrong.

Oh look this Schooled who ever says that X is the only why it can be so you have to be wrong. Columbus was the first European to find America. Do you still believe that ? History is covered with Schooled intelligent Brain washed people who will only ever believe what they have been taught.

Do I think the world is going to end on 12/21/2012 does it really matter. We are here to figure that out so that maybe some of us can survive

Predictions are not set in stone what the are for is to make people think, prepare or make a change so that the prediction maybe does not happed,

Think about this in all of history this is the first time that the human race has stood on a knife edge of its on making just one thing can drop us off the edge. and send us back to the stone age or farther. something as small as a locust plague coming up the middle of the U.S.

There are over 5,000,000,000 people on the planet it can not support that many people doesn't matter what we do or how we do it.

I know the we are in for a world of hurt and its coming fast. Will it all come down on our heads on 12/ 21/ 2012 . How about between now and then we deal with all the hurt thats coming and on 12/21/2012 those of us that are left are done with the hurt and can start rebuilding. Thats what I tend to believe.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This 2012 talk has been going on for far too long and im glad someone has seen over the bravado surrounding it. Its true that the hype has been built up in the last few years, no thanks to quirky documentaries and a whole host of books and academics claiming to know the truth.

The truth is....no one really knows.

People think the apocolypse is coming at that this will be the end of the world. but, think, its no the end of the world but the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. If one takes a look at the fundamental meaning behind Apocolypse, instead of devastation it refers to an enlightenment or unveiling.

Now isnt this different to what all the films have portrayed? Meteors blowing up the earth, massive waves killing civilizations etc etc etc. But stop for one minute and think about how many hidden truths have been coming out recently. People want the truth and for years most of you have had wool over the eyes, however there really is a secret agenda and 9/11 was a pure example of such actions. 'Sacrifice a few to save the many'.

We are all living through the days of enlightenment, the same days that almost every religion talks about and what the book 'revelations' discusses. This is the last book in the holy bible and although many readers will be of different religions, im sure the nature of the book is the same. especially towards the end.

We are all so very lucky to be witnessing and living through these times i don't think people realize this. From our great ancestors to famous historians and heros, they all talked of these days and we are so close its not even funny.

Eyes open people because this big 2012 conspiracy is no more than a figure of imagination. something will happen no doubt, but we will all survive to see the results....well....... most of us will

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

Actual alignment already occurred in 1998. Then for some reason they add plus or minus 18 years and call it "era 2012."

So, I don't know if the Mayas were off by 14 years, or what. Anyway, if something were going to happen due to this alignment it would have happened already.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think your opinion that 2012 is a hoax is just your wish.
How can you compare what is happening in this world today with Y2k ?? Daily earthquakes, check usgs, tsunamis, heat weaves , snow strorms , fireballs , the last in indonesia with an explosion equivalent to 50000 tns of Tnt, pandemia, lack of water, food, energy,etccc. All this is a hoax too.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by comppwizz

There are over 5,000,000,000 people on the planet it can not support that many people doesn't matter what we do or how we do it.

BS the world can actually support many more. If we stopped focusing on war and used the earths land and resources properly their should be noone on this planet going hungry. Their is plenty of space we just arent using our resouces effectively and are focused on wars and who is the next winner on survivor.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fallenearth]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not so fast on blowing off 2012 issues. Michio Kaku on solar blast:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is a tough one for me. Back about four years ago I bought into this 2012 thing hook, line and sinker. It does seem there really is no actual evidence backing it up. I just wanted it to happen so bad because it meant my hum-drum existence would actually be leading to something. I never believed it would be the destruction of earth but the birth of a new paradigm and possibly a leap into a new dimension. It is so much more fun to think like that when you are doing the 9-5 grind and eventually fun becomes convincing. Now I just don't know and frankly have stopped caring. It would be pretty sweet but I understand the charlatans out there and how much money this brings in. That being said......

Something is happening right now. We are in some sort of acceleration not of time itself, as we are beginning to see how much time is irrelevant, but of technology and for sure of consciousness. I believe we ourselves are fulfilling some sort of prophesy as humans. There is a great light (through worldwide communication among other things) beginning to spread across our planet like a new dawn. Everyday it seems now there is new scientific "discoveries". And as far as the NWO or Elites or whatever there may or may not be that think they are in control, does it not seem like there is this railing against a change that is pretty futile? To me it is like a few people trying to plug up ever increasing holes in a dam with their fingers. Eventually that dam is going to break and they will be powerless to stop it. I am VERY excited about the time we are in. I don't need a 2012 prophesy to get me there either.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
quote from whyfiles.org...

Of a population of roughly 6.1 billion, more than 1 billion lack access to potable water. The World Health Organization says that at any time, up to half of humanity has one of the six main diseases -- diarrhea, schistosomiasis, or trachoma, or infestation with ascaris, guinea worm, or hookworm -- associated with poor drinking water and inadequate sanitation. About 5 million people die each year from poor drinking water, poor sanitation, or a dirty home environment -- often resulting from water shortage (see "Tackling the Big Three" in the bibliography
China, with 1.26 billion people, is "the one area worrying most people most of the time," says Marq de Villiers, author of the recently published "Water " (see bibliography). In dry Northern China, he says, "the water table is dropping one meter per year due to overpumping, and the Chinese admit that 300 cities are running short. They are diverting water from agriculture and farmers are going out of business." Some Chinese rivers are so polluted with heavy metals that they can't be used for irrigation, he adds.

"They're disgraceful, unusable, industrial sewers," says de Villiers. As farmers go out of business, China will have to import more food.

In India, home to 1.002 billion people, key aquifers are being overpumped, and the soil is growing saltier through contamination with irrigation water. Irrigation was a key to increasing food production in India during the green revolution, and as the population surges toward a projected 1.363 billion in 2025, its crops will continue to depend on clean water and clean soil.

Israel (population 6.2 million), invented many water-conserving technologies, but water withdrawals still exceed resupply. Overpumping of aquifers along the coast is allowing seawater to pollute drinking water. Like neighboring Jordan, Israel is largely dependent on the Jordan River for fresh water.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

What I find funny is the fact that the Mayan Tribal Council has, until recently, not said one word regarding the subject of 2012 in over hundreds of years, yet there are people all over, just like you, who "really know" what is actually true.

What I find annoying is the fact that all these people who somehow come to these conclusions completely shut off all other perspectives or possibilities after doing so.

It is perfectly fine to come to educated conclusions, and it is perfectly fine to have personal opinions. But I do think that it is completely ignorant to base your conclusion off of such spontaneous opinions that are usually fueled by polarities and just down right egotism.

If you remember, earlier I stated that "until recently" the Mayan Tribal Council hasn't spoken regarding 2012.

Well, yes, that means that they have started to release their information on the topic. And yes recent means within the past year.

They actually see the act of releasing the information as a "responsibility" to the world.

Take some time to do further research before "choosing sides", because you will come to find that there is really no "side" to choose. There is one path for us all.

Here is a comprehensive review on what the Mayans have to say so far (It is a 14 part show, at a runtime of 140 minutes.):

www.youtube.com...

That should be a good starter video to open your eyes to alternative possibilities, and if it sparks any interest, I'm sure you'll see it's easy to find more.

As the Ancient Mayans say when they greet another,

ill-ah-kesh

"I am another you, and you are another me"

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I wonder what AlGore has to say about this...he seems to be such an expert on the climate and whatnot. Everyone wants scientific proof and AlGore is 100% scientific AND accurate in what he says. All praise AlGore!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Dear OP.

first, don't be so assumptive. "the vast majority" of us? You have no idea what each of us thinks about, so check yourself before dropping enchiladas like taht. lol

second, the date is 12/21/2012 and not 12/12/2012

third we will be crossing the galactic center plain at that time

pole shifts refer to magnetic poles. Pole shifts have occurred all throughout the life of this planet.

the "end of the world in a violent cataclysm" is speculative at best.

The end of the world will come true for each of us in actuality.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good post

The elites and the shadow government know what is coming about...the age of enlightenment, and for so many years they have worked had to create the New World Order so that when everything hits the fan, they have strategically covered all the bases to keep the people contained.

Its all about getting the nations into a state of panic so that they can control the masses. Thats what its all about. Sorry to keep going back to it but 9/11.....as terrible as it was was a coy to get the whole of the US into a state of panic. Look at the things that have come to light in the years following, the FBI placing secrecy orders throughout the forces, especially to those who were sure there were bombs inside the building. I mean America was screaming out for a saviour..... and they get OBAMA. What has he done? abosolutely nothing, as with everyother prime minister before him. People need to wake up and realise these people are no more than puppets for the real control, their policies stay the same and white lies are told continuously.

This bird flu, i mean come on, the hype a few months ago during the global recession was a real good decoy, but look how fast it dissopeared off the agenda. They got the world into a state of fear, made vacines available to convince the people of the risk and yet people are not dropping dead, in fact if you look at the facts, there has been no rise in comparison to those that die of flu every year. There is no way id ever have that jab.its a scam.

To see the light, we must first fight the dark - and the end of the darkness will be in the next few years. Terrorists, Wars, puppet governments, secret agendas, cold war stand-offs......its only a matter of time im sure before we truly get the answers we are looking for....as Jesus said himself "I am the son of the one who is, who was, and who will return"

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sean85b

BLASPHEMY!! Obama (praise His name!) IS the savior - not just of the US but for the whole world - nay, the whole universe! What other world leader has had the intestinal fortitude to finally blast those detestable moon aliens? mmm mmmm mmm Barak Hussein Obama! (praise His name!)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fallenearth

Maybe because they've been hitting other places?

My brother also lives in eastern NC. Maybe it hasn't had as much traffic as in the past, but it's had it's share of traffic in the past three years.

Also, if it continually got hit after hit – I doubt many people would want to live there.

The Atlantic hasn't shown any signs of slowing it's hurricane or tropical storm production.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

I too brought that to the OP's attention, stating that I think he's referring to the minority of hardcore 2012ers and not the "vast majority" of those that frequent ATS.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"BLASPHEMY!! Obama (praise His name!) IS the savior - not just of the US but for the whole world - nay, the whole universe! What other world leader has had the intestinal fortitude to finally blast those detestable moon aliens? mmm mmmm mmm Barak Hussein Obama! (praise His name!)"

Please bro.....you obviously have no idea. Tell me what Obama has done? He IS no saviour - just another puppet put in place to give people hope...... I will not praise his name, all you know of Obama is what you see on the TV. He is no savior. HE HAS AND WILL DO NOTHING. you think one man can save the world. think you best get your superman comics out from under the bed because you are not living in realty.

Watch the 'Obama deception' for starters, that should get rid of some of the brown stain around your lips. lol

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
2 differences between 2012 and Y2K.

1. 2012 hasn't happened yet, so unless you can look into the future bra, don't definitively say its a hoax.

2. This whole 2012 thing started with the Mayan calender, which was created by an ancient civilization that had only leafs to cover up their junk. I don't know where the doomsday thing came from but I thought it was about a great change occurring around that time. Y2K was about computers crashing. 2012 is about the world changing on a spiritual level, Y2K was about computers crashing. Please jesus stop watching discovery channel specials on this date and stop correlating Y2K with it. They are completely different. One prediction is thousands of years old, the other was what, a few years old before it was supposed to happened?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sean85b

Exactly, this is all part of the grand plan of the Illuminati, the OTO, the lesser freemasonic organizations and the Elite. Hoodwinked, duped, bedazzled or whatever you want to label the disinfo and mind numbing project they have been working on for years, it doesn't work on everyone anymore.

I tell everyone to STOP drinking soda pop, turn the television off, go outside and smell the world and SEE the world for what it is. ALL of these wars, conflicts and financial downfalls and failures are PLANNED way in advance.

Perfect example and one I use all the time. If I were to write a movie script, I would need actors to act it out, they have no idea if I have a hidden agenda or not, they are getting paid to "perform", politicians seem to be the same way. Except the pay WE are giving them is much less than what the Elite are giving them, so who do they "perform" for?

And so it goes... our country and our world down the drain because we are so stupid as to "believe" what the MSM and other "educated" people have to say. What a crock. I have known many native americans and they laugh their asses off at us. I laugh with them too, it's funny. The founding fathers took advice from the 6 Nations of the Iroquois, the "Haudenosauncee Confederacy", to establish the Declaration of Independence that Thomas Jefferson wrote and the Constitution that the States were involved in. Then the settlers moved west and mass murdered a great number of indians.

Now it is their turn to point and laugh, we will probably mass murder ourselves. Through panic and the government soldiers either brainwashed or from foreign nations, it really doesn't matter, the job will be done if they have their way. Predictions are a joke, just like people "trying" to interpret Nostradamus.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
you people are complete jokes, haha
like if you can't see what 2012 is, than i dawno.

i am only 16 and i am pretty well understand it.

it isn't the end of the world by any means.

simply the start of a new era of civilization, free from lies and corrupt governments.

hopefully at least

We had one of those "starts of a new era of civilization" back around 1970 called the Age of Aquarius. As you can tell if you watch the news, there is not much lying and corruptions left for the 2012 shift to stamp out because the 1970 behavioral change was about 99% successful.

If you are really serious about changing stuff, don't wait for an external force to make it happen some day. Start right now with yourself. Be a good example. Seriously, I am not kidding. And good luck.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join