The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
when nothing happens in 12/21/2012, the date for the end of the world/antichrist's coming/rapture/whatever other idea out there will change to the year 2016. In fact, I think I have heard somewhere that it might even be moved to the year 2036 afterward.

anyway, I can't quite remember where I heard this before, but this is probably what is going to take place.

This is quite a common tactic of doomsayers

These kind of prophecies always end up getting delayed for one reason or he other. I just can believe that people dont do their own research on how the Mayan calender works....yet they are willing to believe anything written on the internet

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

indeed. its funny...i dont remember omniscience to be on the curriculum when i was in high school.

its also funny how those 250+ IQ teenagers never contribute to a discussion or society.

you know...like....preventing the end of the world.

i do think its odd that pretty much no one of the opposing opinion has done much to refute your first post.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

I think you're confusing the shifting of the magnetic pole with the geographic one. Here...

National Geographic

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

rofl.
kay.
i did not say one day magical the world will be perfect.
what this whole 2012 thing is, is going on as we speak.
hell nothing even significant will have right on 2012, i don't think.
but the events leading up to and shaping that kind of world will be interesting.
and that is what this time of history is.
you can ignore as long as you want, before you know it
things are getting worse than the second world war.

but whatever. you can live and think in your arrogant bubble doesn't bother me.
(but it is kinda annoying
)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
i agree...starred...i cant believe how many people buy into the hype when it's so easy to see by simple searches what a pole shift really is and how the mayan calander does not signal the end of the world...just like all other end of days hype, people make buttloads of cash off of this...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

As for a Pole shift – it is caused by the earth’s crust slipping. You see, the earth’s crust sits on a layer of molten laver (like liquid) and when it heats up, the crust can slip. It has happened before, and will happen again - as a geologist!

If you're claiming that this can happen to the extent that the plates switch 180 degrees, then you seriously need some more study on your plate tectonics knowledge. The plates are under that much pressure that its physically impossible for them to slip more than a few metres...even a few metres is rare

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Funny, no one in IT touched my computer or phone leading up to December 31st 1999...

Do you know what they did on the first? Same thing they were doing on the 31st...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

You're post is VERY vague... its kinda like saying that 10 people will die in the world in the next 7 days... you would do you're self more credit if you dropped the 2012 out of it... you basiclly just admitted that nothing major is going to happen on 2012 and that it is already happening, do your self a favour.. turn 18, find a girlfriend and just enjoy life because 2012 or not war could break out tomorrow and you spent all you're time fretting and scare mongering only to find out 2012 was a money making joke.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speights
reply to post by Dave157

You're post is VERY vague... its kinda like saying that 10 people will die in the world in the next 7 days... you would do you're self more credit if you dropped the 2012 out of it... you basiclly just admitted that nothing major is going to happen on 2012 and that it is already happening, do your self a favour.. turn 18, find a girlfriend and just enjoy life because 2012 or not war could break out tomorrow and you spent all you're time fretting and scare mongering only to find out 2012 was a money making joke.

I dont know what to say to that, except:

APPLAUSE

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You get no arguments from me here.

You would think people would have learned a lesson or two from Y2K and how over blown things can get.

Clearly not.

well the y2k had more to do with the binary code resetting...so yea buddy umm biiig difference there lol.
use a relevant example in the future will you?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

What about all the martial law hype leading up to Y2K (Year 2000)?

Relevant enough for you?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
people that think 2012 is nothing, the way they think about 2012 event believers , thats the same way they think about people saying 2012 is just another y2k. and thats how its going to be untill 2012.

although, like someone already posted information about the earth actually flipping, or moving to a certain degree, like planet x passing.

what do you guys say about the pictures or videos of planet x.

lens flare, etc..

ok, what about in the google earth thing, a certain part being blocked out all of a sudden.

what about all of the underground bases being built in the past years, in denver for instance.

what are your thoughts ?

why ?

now this wasnt me picking sides, I think something will happen, but I dont know what, either way, I'm open minded to anything, if a new thread was made about a giant dildo attacking earth from space was made, I would still read it.

sorry for my exaggeration , but there is NOTHING wrong with knowing more about something that might or might not happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Where do you get off posting crap like this.

No Youtube.
Not one video of some guy saying that the world will end, with dramatic music and scenes from a disaster movies. Epic fail on this count.

No links to Sitchin or Ike, or crop circles and other people who don't know anything about ancient cultures but can still translate all the ancient writings better than anyone else. Once again OZ-epic fail.

You did not provide a link to the trailers for the movie 2012. They are making a movie- A MOVIE. MOVIE. Get it- it must be real if they are making a movie. Fail again OZ.

Where is the integrity I ask.
Here it is people. Take a good long hard look. This is how it is done. 2012 the end of it is here

Now I know this will upset some of you but Im open to have my beliefs challenged. It will be interesting to see what information believers can come up with
You need to read my post, its all there, the Youtube video's, the alternative experts who are better than the "real" experts because the alternative expertise is not specific to what the experts are actually experts on, and I question the experts. I think they are questionable!, except I don't question the alternative experts, they are not questionable because they are clearly experts on what I believe and I have the DVD's and Books to prove it. I also went to a conference about it and it was really expensive and there is no way it would be that expensive if it was not true.
And the clincher, dude, it is a Movie. 2012 the Movie. The PTB are telling us to prepare.

For your own sake OZ, and that of the world, prepare.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Where do you get off posting crap like this.

No Youtube.
Not one video of some guy saying that the world will end, with dramatic music and scenes from a disaster movies. Epic fail on this count.

No links to Sitchin or Ike, or crop circles and other people who don't know anything about ancient cultures but can still translate all the ancient writings better than anyone else. Once again OZ-epic fail.

You did not provide a link to the trailers for the movie 2012. They are making a movie- A MOVIE. MOVIE. Get it- it must be real if they are making a movie. Fail again OZ.

Where is the integrity I ask.
Here it is people. Take a good long hard look. This is how it is done. 2012 the end of it is here

Now I know this will upset some of you but Im open to have my beliefs challenged. It will be interesting to see what information believers can come up with
You need to read my post, its all there, the Youtube video's, the alternative experts who are better than the "real" experts because the alternative expertise is not specific to what the experts are actually experts on, and I question the experts. I think they are questionable!, except I don't question the alternative experts, they are not questionable because they are clearly experts on what I believe and I have the DVD's and Books to prove it. I also went to a conference about it and it was really expensive and there is no way it would be that expensive if it was not true.
And the clincher, dude, it is a Movie. 2012 the Movie. The PTB are telling us to prepare.
For your own sake OZ, and that of the world, prepare.

I'm too drunk right now to determine if your post about the movie was sarcasm or not, but as far as the movie goes, sometimes I feel like, this movie was made to let us know this is going to happen, and to prepare ourselves, without the government actually going on tv saying, sorry, the world will end very soon, good luck.

I have never seen so many of those " survival kit " government commercials , since last year or so , around that time. movies like 2012, etc, differnt world ending movies in this time.

things are different this time.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gak730
people that think 2012 is nothing, the way they think about 2012 event believers , thats the same way they think about people saying 2012 is just another y2k. and thats how its going to be untill 2012.

I posted a link before that shows hundreds of doomsday prophecies that have failed. Im no longer comparing 2012 to y2k, I am now comparing it to those 500 or so failed ones.....please by all means....debunk all of them

although, like someone already posted information about the earth actually flipping, or moving to a certain degree, like planet x passing.

what do you guys say about the pictures or videos of planet x.

lens flare, etc..

Planet x? Dont ou mean Nibiru.....planet x is any name given to a body orbiting outside the solar system. And no not lens flares....mainly sundogs actually.

And seeing as we are asking questions now.....what do you say about the claims that planet x or whatever is only seen from the southern hemisphere...yet some videos are from the northern hemisphere....talk about contradiction

ok, what about in the google earth thing, a certain part being blocked out all of a sudden.

Again, why would they block out google earth when you Nibiru'ers claim that its a brown dwarf star that clearly emits no light....which contradicts both the pictures/ videos and also contradicts the space photos...again major contradiction

what about all of the underground bases being built in the past years, in denver for instance.

While I really wish this were true (it would be cool), where's the undeniable evidence?

now this wasnt me picking sides, I think something will happen, but I dont know what, either way, I'm open minded to anything, if a new thread was made about a giant dildo attacking earth from space was made, I would still read it.

Oh gawd....lmfao

Gold, pure gold

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I'm too drunk right now to determine if your post about the movie was sarcasm or not, but as far as the movie goes, sometimes I feel like, this movie was made to let us know this is going to happen, and to prepare ourselves, without the government actually going on tv saying, sorry, the world will end very soon, good luck.
I am too sober to know whether you are being really drunk or just sarcastic. I know how you feel though.
When I first saw the movie Godzilla, I thought the Govt. was preparing us for the end, I also suspected that Steve Irwin had been assassinated in an effort to stop him from stopping Godzilla(who is a big reptile).
When I saw the documentary Independence Day, with Will Smith, I thought the end was near again and tried to buy a nuclear weapon on the black market because that was what we used to win the battle in that documentary.
When I saw The day After Tomorrow I went out an bought 30K worth of winter clothing. When I saw Cloverfield, I had to go and see Godzilla again, because Cloverfield was too ambiguous an ending and there was no closure from an conclusion via an anthropomorphic parable of victory. So essentially I had no perspective on survival or even a feel good buzz about being human and kicking giant alien lizard ass. Thankfully Godzilla provided this for me. Don't watch Cloverfield.
When I saw Armageddon I salivated because I though: well they are just plain screaming it at me now! Now when I panic after a movie, I just pretend I am Bruce Willis and Chuck Norris' love child and I will prevail.
I call myself Bruce Norris now when I go to the movies. Unfortunately I have been banned from most cinemas after I went to see District 9 and I round house kicked an alien only to destroy the screen and scare alot of other movie goers.
I hope they let me in when 2012 is showing.

things are different this time.
Only the title dude, but as Led Zep will tell you. The song remains the same.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by rainfall
Do not question the ALL POWERFUL OZ.....I know everything!!

Im not sure if you're patronising me or being sarcastic?

Sorry if that went over your head, it was sarcasm..

First of all, I'm glad that you are not buying into the doomsday theory.....

But when you are referring to the 'vast majority of people that think the world will end,' you are referring to the unenlightened ones.

And as for your 'facts' on pole shifts taking thousands of years to complete, you really ought to do some research; Hence, the woolly mammoths that were found 'flash frozen' in the Arctic circle still having tropical butter cups in their stomachs...

Secondly, you said most scholars and scientists believe this is nothing more than a 'coincidence' that the mayan calendar just so happens to end on the galactic alignment....
again, more research....

Thanks for debunking the doomsday scenario even though you presented no facts...

You will find the truth when you look deep within...it's been there all along...

My advice: Stick to debunking chemtrails..

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
But when you are referring to the 'vast majority of people that think the world will end,' you are referring to the unenlightened ones.

Sorry where exactly did I say that?

And as for your 'facts' on pole shifts taking thousands of years to complete, you really ought to do some research; Hence, the woolly mammoths that were found 'flash frozen' in the Arctic circle still having tropical butter cups in their stomachs...

Ah, I did do research...here's a few quotes and references so you may educate yourself

www.sciencemag.org...

Based on his own research, Hapgood argued that each shift took approximately 5,000 years, followed by 20,000- to 30,000-year periods with no polar movements. Also, in his calculations, the area of movement never covered more than 40 degrees. Hapgood's examples of recent locations for the North Pole include Hudson Bay (60˚N, 73˚W) , the Atlantic Ocean between Iceland and Norway (72˚N, 10˚E) and Yukon (63˚N, 135˚W).

It has been assumed by paleomagnetists that geomagnetic pole reversals do not occur instantaneously from one polarity state to the other, but occur over a period that typically spans a few thousand years

Now while both theories are based on speculation, next time think before you accuse me of not researching

Secondly, you said most scholars and scientists believe this is nothing more than a 'coincidence' that the mayan calendar just so happens to end on the galactic alignment....
again, more research....

Again here's some more research that you claim I havent done

On the winter solstice in 2012, the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years(Milky Way is one of billions of galaxies in the observable universe. The Galaxy has special significance to humanity as it is the home galaxy of the planet Earth). This special alignment means that the usual energy that typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on 12/21/12 2012 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time. Scientists are actually in great doubt about the fact that the Mayas even knew what they were talking about.

Astronomers generally agree that “it would be impossible the Maya themselves would have known that” says Susan Milbrath, a Maya archaeoastronomer and a curator at the Florida Museum of Natural History. What’s more, she says, “we have no record or knowledge that they would think the world would come to an end at that point.”

www.usatoday.com...

My advice: Stick to debunking chemtrails..

PEACE and LOVE...

Oh I will, and you stick to making assumptions that I dont do research when Im writing a thread

Peace and Love indeed

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Mayans or not, Galactic Alignment or not, sudden pole shift or not...

We can't deny that something is changing.

I agree with Oz though, but I like to take a more reserved "wait & see" attitude towards the whole thing.

I mean, look at the "sources" for 2012 information. They're all on the internet, where for just 5 easy payments of $29.95, a survival guide for the earth changes is available! What a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks for your efforts Oz, but I'd like to correct your sources regarding the galactic alignment. Not trying to argue, but you might find it interesting and in some ways advances your position in some aspects.

The closest alignment with galactic centre on a solstice date was actually in 98 or 99. From at least the 70's or perhaps 60's depending on where you determine the edge of the sun to be. The sun has been impinging closer and closer to galactic centre. It's been almost lining up every year for a long time but 98 was the closest on a solstice, which is important.
I say almost because it is not a perfect alignment due to our relative position to the galactic plane.

Something else takes place on 2012, and it only happens in the sky above southern Mexico. During the length of the day the Sun crosses from one side of the galactic plane to the other. (That's the extreme short version).
This is highly relevant in the context of their mythology.

Can't say for sure this was what the Maya were referring to, but this is what happens.

The intriguing part is that IF that is what the Maya where pinpointing, then the Maya would have had to have known the exact length of year down to about 40 seconds.

I see the whole crossing actually taking decades on one scale, with 98 as the mid point. The astronomical events on 2012 reflect the mythology of rebirth and creation symbolically only IMO.

Consciousness has been transforming rapidly since this time, through an expanded connective network of communication. The veils are coming down. And some of the old knowledge is resurfacing.
Nothing overly significant will happen on the day (probably) but we better hang on for the next couple of decades. Ya can't even count the ways anymore good and bad.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by squiz]

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join