The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am interested in 2012, but I don't believe the world will end, I understand what is meant about the poles slipping, and it is obvious to most people that a prophecy as big as this would be used to make money, that is just the world we live in!

My point being that your post has not educated me in any matter concerning 2012 at all, you have got no more proof that nothing is going to happen than someone who believes something is going to happen, and you have just proved to people you are the kind of person who wants to be proven right and prove others wrong.

A vast majority of people believe that the world is not going to end on 2012, only one age of civilisation will end and a new one arise along with a global shift in consciousness. Yes there maybe a great catastrophe which brings about this change, just like there may be a great catastrophe today, tomorrow or next week, thats just a result in a changing of the climate and Mans desire to completely destroy everything he thinks is inferior to him.

I hope there is a big shift in 2012, then hopefully everyone will accept different peoples beliefs more easily and everyones ego will vanish.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
To the OP:

Why are you in a conspiracy theory forum when you don't believe in any of them?

Just to show people they are stupid and you know the truth?

sure conspiracy theory is not truth.. but in my eyes.. it's definately more truth than what we have been told..

2012 is coming.. new age is coming.. huge problems are coming too (if you check whats going on with world government etc..)

but yeah just because the world will not explode you will say... HAHA HOAX... I TOLD YOU SO... but then I don't care cause I'll be in another dimension watching you trying to understand why you're still there lol

cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Wisdom doesnt wait the years right ?

If the young ones are aware, thats enough for me ^^

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

The fact of the matter is no prophecy of the world ending came from the Mayans. Mayan elders state this, archeologists, scientists.

NOWHERE DID THE MAYANS STATE THE WORLD WAS GONNA END IN 2012

Please someone just one of you guys show me the stone or Mayan calendar decoded to say the world was ending in 2012.

If you cant do that then where are you getting your facts?

What i find so funny is the lot of you are making a lot of people a good bit of dough off their video and books. Funny thing is how the heck are these guys gonna tell you how to survive something like a pole shift? Have they ever lived through one?
Maybe in a past life?

Their have been many millionaire made men who made a majority of their money off suckers.

Once again the 2012 believers are called out to provide proof and only one has even tried to back up there beliefs with any data at all.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fallenearth]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It's funny you make fun of the teenager. As far as the calendar is concerned, he seems to have a better understanding of 2012. I don't know about the government part but the part about a new era. The people saying the world was gonna end misunderstood what the calendar meant anyways...well as far as we know. Hard to say what they really meant but it certainly wasn't all the stuff you mentioned. Those were just speculations that came about afterward, which I suppose is your point.

If any disaster is likely to occur it's going to be from the sun or a comet. As far as I know the comet is the only one mentioned in more than one prediction and has happened at least once before. Not saying I'll standing on some mountian top in 2012 or given away my life savings.

Can you tell us what religious groups are doing that though? I did a search for 2012 life savings but didn't find anything.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Infinityobserver]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You get no arguments from me here.

You would think people would have learned a lesson or two from Y2K and how over blown things can get.

Clearly not.

finally people are talking some sense! this place aint so bad after sll.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Your post has about as much credibility as the 2012 doomsday itself..

When you see them making hollywood movies about it, then you know its just inplanting fear, believe the opposite.

Truth be told, and its a scientific fact, that something will happen on the said date, or there abouts..

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

i do think its odd that pretty much no one of the opposing opinion has done much to refute your first post.

Um, that's because there probably isn't anyone on ATS who thinks the world is going to end on 21/12/2012.

There may be some, but I don't recall seeing anyone posting anything like that. People will talk about Nibiru but that doesn't have anything to do with the Mayan Calendar. That has been attached to the Mayan prophecy because of the internet hype, but it is not related at all.

[edit on 29/10/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

they said that about Y2K too. nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If you are going to write about the date being wrong, wouldn't it make sense to have an alternative date? If scientists understand the Mayan calender enough to use it predict eclipses on the exact day, hundreds of years after it was made, I think they understand how it works.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

It is true however that the sun will be aligned with the centre of the milky way, for the first time in 26,000 years, however due to the doubts in agreement about the actual advancement in astronomy of the civilisation, most scholars and scientists believe this is nothing more than a coincidence.

Astronomers generally agree that “it would be impossible the Maya themselves would have known that” says Susan Milbrath, a Maya archaeoastronomer and a curator at the Florida Museum of Natural History. What’s more, she says, “we have no record or knowledge that they wg toould think the world would come to an end at that point.”

They shouldn't be so sure what is possible and what isn't.

It is the modern day western arrogance to assume that they were some cavemen socially and mentally. Ancient cultures hold a lot of wisdom that has been long lost. We don't necessarily understand their methods gaining knowledge, a bit like we don't understand the worldview of many native, shamanic tribes.

[edit on 29/10/2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gak730

Well, imho, because powerfull and dangerous people can be victims of superstition too. History is full with them.
Thats where it gets dangerous.
If the guy in charge of the red button is himself a believer of the 2012 thing, then we´re screwed

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
S&F.

Indeed, it's funny how almost all doomsday proponents have something to sell, be it a book, a dvd or tickets to their public presentations. If they really believed the world was gonna end soon, why would they even bother building wealth? It's not like they can take it with them, is it?

Take the 2012 movie that's coming out this November. I wouldn't be surprised to know that Sony Pictures and Roland Emmerich had a big hand in blowing 2012 out of proportion to ensure their movie is a huge box office hit.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Actually I don’t know where people get 2012 from or where you get 12/12/2012 from since the Calendar ends 12/24/2011. Me thinks you are simply hyping a thread.

I first became aware of this Calendar in 1982 as an archeological artifact. It is simply a calendar; it is not an electronic digital calendar capable of going on as long as the Energizer Bunny or an uninterrupted power source can take it.

It is a Calendar carved into stone. It represents a full cycle of time based on the dating system being used by its makers.

The Playboy Calendar marks a full cycle of time based on its dating system. This is not to be confused with the dating system at the Playboy mansion!

I do not panic each year as the Playboy Calendar begins to run out. Especially when Ms. December isn’t anything spectacular to look at, conversely the opposite is partially true when Ms. December is something spectacular to look at!

However no matter what my level of attachment might be in regards to Ms. December I do know Ms. January along with her 11 lovely friends, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and a new Ms. December shall one day shortly be arriving in the mail.

Yes sometimes I worry the Post Man will steal it. This causes me some small portion of anxiety, but no I don’t fear the world will end if he does. I know I can just order another one if it doesn’t arrive.

The Mayans unlike the makers of the Playboy Calendar have gone out of business. This is a good thing, postage on a stone that size would cost a pretty penny, especially in this economy.

ATS needs to start publishing it’s own calendar, wrapped in tinfoil! Every other day it can mark the date with things like the ‘World Ends Here’, the following Day it can be marked with ‘In Case it Didn’t’ (some other conspiracy saved us) and throw in ‘Martial Law Begins Here’ and then a ‘In case it didn’t’, with an occasional Pandemic Begins, Alien Lands, Chem Trails, False Flags, etc. etc.

You know to kind of pick up where the Mayans not only failed to go but no longer can.

12/12/2012? Wow were the heck did anyone get that date? The Mayan Calendar ends December 24, 2011.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

they said that about Y2K too. nothing happened.

Y2K was a software bug and nothing major happened because everyone involved took precautions and made upgrades to prevent widespread crashes of important computers. Your argument is the same as saying that there have been no accidents at an intersection that always had a traffic light so the traffic light is absolutely unnecessary. Or, perhaps I tell you that I quit smoking as a preventive measure because I was concerned about lung cancer. Decades later, you tell me, "Hey, you never got lung cancer these last few decades - looks like you could have been smoking this whole time. You were stupid for quitting."

Sometimes hysteria can compel people to fix real problems before they happen. The fact that those problems don't occur after those preventive measures were put into effect isn't proof that the original concern was fictional. In the real world, people try not to function like the NTSB, only fixing problems after a plane crashes and hundreds die.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I do not panic each year as the Playboy Calendar begins to run out.

Tzolkin is based on galactic movement, it's the nature's calendar. Your Playboy calendar is based on this biased, faked 12-month system. It doesn't relate to anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think your thread is directed at a MINORITY of hardcore 2012 believers and not the "vast majority" as you claim.

As to whether or not I believe the 2012 theory. Yes and no. Anyone can look at the world right now and realize that there is major change taking place. In the way that people regard the earth and science. This has been occurring since the industrial age was ushered in. Civilization wen through vast changes. Economies were built and destroyed and even THAT changed civilization. Now we sit on the edge of the a new era. One that will be dominated by science and technology.

I don't think there will be a major "happening" when December 21, 2012 rolls around. Like a light switch being flipped on. But, I believe this new era has been occurring for decades, if not centuries. I think in the near future that the people of Earth (as well as the Planet itself) will undergo major change. I think soon people will be forced to reexamine their belief systems and how they understand "life" in the universe, particularly extraterrestrial life. Whether intelligent or not. It's only a matter of time before we find it. And I believe we're inching closer and closer to that moment.

As for the changes to Earth. There's NO DEBATE that natural disasters have been happening more and more frequently. There is SOMETHING going on. The verdict is still out on climate change – what causes it and what the result will be. But, I think it goes far beyond human's influence (not to say that we don't have a major effect on it) and has more to do with our solar system and our galaxy. Who's to say that ice ages aren't caused by pole shift? No one can say that it doesn't play a role with 100% confidence. And if they do, they're just being arrogantly ignorant.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueShaman

BRAVO

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This thread seems to coincide with a media blitz of the PTB using scientist to calm the masses, that all this talk of 2012 is nothing but bunk. Maybe it is maybe it isn't, but in 2012 we will all live through it or not.

When science itself is forecasting possible massive solar storms in 2012:
Powerful Solar Storm Could Shut Down U.S. for Months This would or could end the world the way we know it, but we will have to wait and see.

From what I understand the Mayan Calender tells us that the old age is coming to a end and a new age is beginning and that historically these times are uncertain.

The main difference to y2k and 2012 is that y2k was a man made preventable situation.

So if the day comes when your cell doesn't work or your car or your lights or tv, how will you react?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I certainly don't believe in doom and gloom when it comes to 2012. What I do think about with regards to this is whether this will become a self-fulfilling prophecy if enough people believe that something is supposed to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join