It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No True Christian has ever been abducted by Aliens! Right?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

See Acts 9:1-9 for more info on the relationship we have discussed.

Ok I do take back what I said when I said he never met Jesus/God. I always learned that this was an Angel that he met, not the Lord. But my point still remains the same: Paul didn't get any instruction from Jesus, nor did he follow him or even see him in action. All of Paul's religious insight was from the teachings of the Temple, which was mostly Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law doesn't pertain to anyone today as the new covenant in Christ absolves all of that petty nonsense. Paul had good intentions, but his letters remain just that, his letters. They are his opinion and are written to certain churches regarding issues that that particular church was having. Everyone has their own opinion and treating Paul's letters as if they are divine is pretty much the same as just worshipping him. Billy Graham has great intentions too, but I certainly am not going to take everything that he has and ever will say as sacred. He's just human like the rest of us.

Concerning your second pt... pls see www.godlovestheworld.com... and you'll realize none of us, unforgiven, is any better then the fallens ones...

I looked at this website and it is very Southern Baptist Convention in it's description of salvation. This website is saying that unless you pray a certain prayer, you have no salvation. I kinda disagree with that. We all fall short and there is absolutely nothing any of us can do to "earn" or "obtain" salvation. It is by God's grace alone that we are saved. God knows our hearts and minds so I find it a little silly to think that if you are a believer of him you have to pray a certain prayer of admittance for him to recognize it.

I'm not sure that the actual act of Jesus' death is what offers forgiveness in itself. God created everything and so he can create the rules. I don't see why he would make himself die for forgiveness to be possible. I think that Jesus dying was to show us that he loves us so much that he is willing to die for us. I think that perhaps his death was to make us wake-up and realize that he is serious about us and wants to forgive us.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Eze 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
Eze 1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
Eze 1:6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
Eze 1:7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
Eze 1:8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
Eze 1:9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
Eze 1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
Eze 1:11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.
Eze 1:12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went.
Eze 1:13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.
Eze 1:14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
Eze 1:15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
Eze 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
Eze 1:17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.
Eze 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.
Eze 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Eze 1:20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
Eze 1:21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
Eze 1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
Eze 1:23 And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.
Eze 1:24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.
Eze 1:25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.
Eze 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
Eze 1:27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

OT, can you say you've seen this. I mean personally, have you seen what is printed in scripture, so that you may tell the difference between what it is literally saying to you for you to understand and what men tell you to understand it to mean along with superstition and plenty of dogma.

Do you understand, that if you believe God to be all powerful, then it is an oxymoron to believe that satan which means literally etymologically, linguistically...adversary. NOT A Being who "hunts" Christians, but ADVERSARY. This word can apply to anyone, that is a Person, Place or Thing, performing the function of Adversary.

Don't you know that if you know the truth, you are "SET FREE"...of these "Doctrines of MEN".

The same scripture that is Holy is the same Doctrine of Man.

God veils himself in all things. His scriptures are holy, but no more holy then the song you just wrote or the abc's you just pinned to the refrigerator that your little one just brought home.

I ask you again, from the Eze script above. Have you literally seen what is described?

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Sweet avatar friend!

Is the glass full of Miller or Bud light?

Your oxymoronic image/posts ALWAYS get me...

Others think your a drunk....
...and a playa!

No, OT agrees with you, for the most part.....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gsuboy

gsuboy, props to you...for watching/seeking/learning/etc!

I'll check back with you in a few yrs...see how the 'philosofee'...is going.

Glad you stumpled on OT's, AQS LSS MBB, thread....

Pls know Phil 1:3

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

gsuboy, props to you...for watching/seeking/learning/etc! I'll check back with you in a few yrs...see how the 'philosofee'...is going. Glad you stumpled on OT's, AQS LSS MBB, thread....

Are you just being sarcastic or something? I wasn't even rude or bashing.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Its not going to matter by then anyway, the slavery is soon to end. There are going to be some good changes ahead.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

none. religion is contrary to god's will

1 Corinthians 1:10 (King James Version)

10Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Satan, pfffffffffffffft..........LOL!

That was my father. He died in 2006, so you are all safe now!

I mean, 'cmon, do you really believe what you typed here?

There is no proof of Satan, or God, so, whatever you choose to believe is your belief.

All it takes is faith. If you believe Satan exists, and is evil, then that is what you draw into your life.

likewise with god. if u have faith and do his will, he will come. only u can prove god exists

John 7
12 And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.
13 Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.
14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by OldThinker

Matthew 7:16 "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

JC was always inflamatory to "lies"

Truth's like that, sorry!

OT

How about in you're own words. Regurgitation is easy to do

how r we going to use our own words to describe what a true believer in christ is without using gods scripture? thats a paradigm in itself.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverLose

Matthew 7:16 "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

OT

how r we going to use our own words to describe what a true believer in christ is without using gods scripture? thats a paradigm in itself.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

"Most ignore because of II Cor 4:4!"

That was a rhyme...

OT

PS: NeverLose, thx for joining...don't look for a response, from the skeptics....too much sand in the ears, I'm afraid

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gsuboy

gsuboy, props to you...for watching/seeking/learning/etc! I'll check back with you in a few yrs...see how the 'philosofee'...is going. Glad you stumpled on OT's, AQS LSS MBB, thread....

Are you just being sarcastic or something? I wasn't even rude or bashing.

'props'...that's agood term-an attaboy, a complement....

nah, I'm just saying, put a lil time on the opinion thing, it may change...

Yes, you were never rude

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

none. religion is contrary to god's will

1 Corinthians 1:10 (King James Version)

10Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

sweet point!

again, don't wait for a response

OT

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Well I dont believe in satan in any sense of the word really.

I once had a close encounter with some chinese lanterns... I was a little intoxicated at the time so it did take me a whole 5 minutes to realise that we werent actually being invaded by aliens.

BB, glad you are online....

why don't you believe in SATAN?

Have you seen? www.youtube.com...

their all fakin, huh?

odds are...you will never review...or see? prove me wrong!???????????

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Call it Synchronicity.
Cliff Lee used to pitch here in Fayetteville, Arkansas at "Baum" Stadium.

mattsueeeeeeeee just hit a 2 run homer.

u watchin game 6 ?

OT

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its not going to matter by then anyway, the slavery is soon to end. There are going to be some good changes ahead.

sweet, let us know....

what will happen?

OT

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

OT

"Most ignore because of II Cor 4:4!"

That was a rhyme...

OT

PS: NeverLose, thx for joining...don't look for a response, from the skeptics....too much sand in the ears, I'm afraid

[edit on 5-11-2009 by NeverLose]

no problem. all these people have to do is follow gods will to know god but most people just want to do what they want to do that is why they are afraid of god

[edit on 5-11-2009 by NeverLose]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverLose

How do you clarify what is God's will or not?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I have nearly 4000 posts on ATS with my opinion....

OT

I have resented every single one of them.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I support you HappyFeet. Even though I do not resent OT's postings I find that they do not make sense. It seems like the posts never complete an idea and tangent all over the place.

One other thing I've noticed is that he calls out strawman arguments but he delivers his own right in the next sentence.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gsuboy
reply to post by NeverLose

How do you clarify what is God's will or not?

1) Circumstances
2) Wise friends
3) Principles from the NT

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join