It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No True Christian has ever been abducted by Aliens! Right?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
There seems to be an assumption here that all alien contact is through abductions. There is also an assumption, running through this thread, that christians cannot be abducted because the experince is demonic. But what if it isn't demonic. We know christians are raped, attacked and murdered, everyday, just like any other group. No diffefence with negative and positive alien contacts. Why? You would have to ask God for that answer.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by gsuboy

gsuboy, hey...question?

Is God omnipotent? and omniscient?

OT

I think that God is definitely all-powerful. As in he can do anything he wants to. Doesn't mean he actually would interfere and do certain things, but I think he has the power to do them if he so desired.
As to the omniscient thing, I think that he is wiser than humanity is, yes. But I believe that he doesn't not know the "future." I don't think he knows what will happen or what we will do. If he did that would be predestination, which I strongly do NOT believe in. If God already knew that someone was gonna go to hell before they were even born, then why not just abandon them to begin with? Why would he waste his time on them?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
There seems to be an assumption here that all alien contact is through abductions. There is also an assumption, running through this thread, that christians cannot be abducted because the experince is demonic. But what if it isn't demonic. We know christians are raped, attacked and murdered, everyday, just like any other group. No diffefence with negative and positive alien contacts. Why? You would have to ask God for that answer.

Well yea I guess if you are following the logic of the "aliens are demons" people that have posted here, you could deduct that any person who commits evil and does not believe in God is a demon as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gsuboy

I strongly suspect that there has been a disinfomation campaign - sponsored by the US security services - against open alien contact disclosure. They are activly seeking to discourage the US churches coming alongside abductees in a campaign for the truth. Remember that the US churches are a powerful lobby group and they would exert a powerful influence on Congress.

Also I think that there are certain sections of the main orthodox religions who find it threatening to contemplate life off-planet. There is a lot of fear and a certain resentment against change. Yet change will come, and certain difficult questions will have to be asked about the origins of mankind and the Species future among the stars.

As a christian I believe that God is always greater than our limited understanding. I don't believe we have to limit our understanding to stay in touch with God.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Circle]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
I agree with you prayer works and the Spirit has walked me through some pretty awful stuff...
...and God does work in the world through His people...
...but then you have to be 'His people' to know that.

You got it!

"His people" is the key!

Nothing we did, its all HIM!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
....I saw him recently say to someone (who disgareed with his world view) that he had been a christian longer than they had been alive- all the while- if you scrolled back a few posts he was there asking someone what Kabbalah was

You ever ask a question, you think you knew the answer too? And maybe got a new perspective on it?

OT still old..

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

[.... Species future among the stars.

As a christian I believe that God is always greater than our limited understanding. I don't believe we have to limit our understanding to stay in touch with God.

As a believer, could you please explain to me...a deception, that will happen in the next decade or so, that even the ELECT will be fooled by, that is as grand as aliens coming to earth? please?

OT

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gsuboy
.......But I believe that he doesn't not know the "future." I don't think he knows what will happen or what we will do. If he did that would be predestination, which I strongly do NOT believe in. If God already knew that someone was gonna go to hell before they were even born, then why not just abandon them to begin with? Why would he waste his time on them?

Thx for answering the other question correctly!

Here's another one...

Is God eternal?

OT

If you say yes...then there is no TIME, in reality, right?

Eternity has no past, present or future...think on those truths, and evaluate your sentence above, my young go-getter...

OT

[edit on 8-11-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I don't care who is abducted.

I don't care who does or doesn't believe in Jesus Christ.

I don't care who does or doesn't believe in God.

I have had it with idiots.

no no no no!

Lazy drive-by-posts are not allowed on OT's thread....

You need to be specific my friend...where was OT an idiot?

T

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

.......But I believe that he doesn't not know the "future." I don't think he knows what will happen or what we will do. If he did that would be predestination, which I strongly do NOT believe in. If God already knew that someone was gonna go to hell before they were even born, then why not just abandon them to begin with? Why would he waste his time on them?

Thx for answering the other question correctly!

Here's another one...

Is God eternal?

OT

If you say yes...then there is no TIME, in reality, right?

Eternity has no past, present or future...think on those truths, and evaluate your sentence above, my young go-getter...

OT

[edit on 8-11-2009 by OldThinker]

Yeah I think he's eternal. But if he exists outside of time then would that mean everyone that lived before Jesus' time is forgiven as well? Perhaps some things we just aren't meant to understand.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

[.... Species future among the stars.

As a believer, could you please explain to me...a deception, that will happen in the next decade or so, that even the ELECT will be fooled by, that is as grand as aliens coming to earth? please?

OT

Am I understanding correctly, that you are asking me whether, I think the alien contact is the "deception" that will even fool the Elect? Let's turn that on its head - maybe the deception is to create Armagedan by making aliens appear as demons in order to have an intergalatic war.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Circle]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That is correct. There's a book out there about that. No true Christian has ever had a close encounter of the third kind.
Aliens are demons in alien clothes.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

That is correct. There's a book out there about that. No true Christian has ever had a close encounter of the third kind.
Aliens are demons in alien clothes.

boy are we in the minority here...

Wonder why?

OT

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Yeah I think he's eternal. But if he exists outside of time then would that mean everyone that lived before Jesus' time is forgiven as well? Perhaps some things we just aren't meant to understand.

Please remember forgiveness is not a New Testament thing?

in the NT, JC is the son of MAN....He existed as God before that...see,

“The firstborn of every creature: for by (Jesus) were all things created that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead...” (Col. 1:15-18).

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

..... Let's turn that on its head - maybe the deception is to create Armagedan by making aliens appear as demons in order to have an intergalatic war.

Well, brother....

that's a theory!

Walk OT through the logic, ok? where do you seen benevolent aliens scripturally?

OT

PS: And when inclined, answer my question....

PSS: please share with me your (Christian) testimony...Matt 7:16 is the barometer, k?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
OT, although this will derail this thread a little I think it'll be ok since it's pretty much just 3 people talking. What is your stance on gays? I know what you'll say, and I'm BEGGING you not to just say that it's wrong. Explain why you think it's wrong, please.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

..... Let's turn that on its head - maybe the deception is to create Armagedan by making aliens appear as demons in order to have an intergalatic war.

Well, brother....

that's a theory!

Walk OT through the logic, ok? where do you seen benevolent aliens scripturally?

OT

PS: And when inclined, answer my question....

PSS: please share with me your (Christian) testimony...Matt 7:16 is the barometer, k?

Not everything is in the Bible. It is a book ( or should I say collection of books ) about spiritual revelation NOT a science book. Saying that there are some who interprit the Nephalim as ET.

I think its important that this Thread is debated because there are spiritual implications for the ETs that we make contact with. My Christian testimiony, I have already shared, and on the fundamentals I'm sure we agree. However, it would be naiive if we claimed that every christian agrees with every other christian about every topic under heaven. For Christian unity and love it is better to agree to disagree and not question other peoples faith. Unfortunatly lack of unity, has in Europe where I live, resulted in many religious wars historically. A situation not good for spreading the Gospel.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Circle]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

OT, although this will derail this thread a little I think it'll be ok since it's pretty much just 3 people talking. What is your stance on gays? I know what you'll say, and I'm BEGGING you not to just say that it's wrong. Explain why you think it's wrong, please.

I don't have a STANCE, my friend...

I guess this says it all... www.youtube.com...

"issues" is a human condition we ALL share

Thx for asking

OT

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thx for asking

OT

So you don't believe that gays go to hell like Paul thinks in his letter to the city of Corinth?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Thx for asking

OT

So you don't believe that gays go to hell like Paul thinks in his letter to the city of Corinth?

It doesn't matter (in the grand scheme) what OT believes...

What did you think of the video?

Paul would never assign a destination, to a label...we must read his WHOLE COUNSEL, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join