It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by wonderworld
My daughter is forbidden to take the live nasal mist kind. People who take that vaccine are contagious for 21 days. So this will ensure that EVERYONE will catch it.

It's only for four hours, and you somehow get it into your system by having the person that took the mist sneeze on you, or you pick their nose

The reality is that anyone who takes the FluMist vaccine can spread the disease for up to 21 days.

shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com...

I find that very concerning. Health care workers and kids.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

They can only take these rights away if we, as a group of supposedly powerless people, ALLOW these rights to be taken away. Since most people, especially conspiracy theorists, are convinced they are powerless in the face of government it should be pretty easy for them.

We must realize that WE are the powerful. The government needs us, not the other way around! Money, government and even social norms are imaginary ideas that we make concrete through the power of belief.

So what if the government comes after us. We still have each other right? Its all we've ever had!

You are right but someone forgot to tell the government that. They work for us, unless martial law is enacted. Then we are forced in to work brigades.

The only time I would participate was in Chinese started flying down from helicopters shooting. We'd need to protect ourselves and our country.

Any other Brigade can be comp[ared to Nazi Germany.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Which scares you more, this pig virus, or the pigs in government?

Everything is a vehicle to gain more powers.

oink, oink.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

I hear you man, this is the same thing I said earlier. Why doesn't the administration declare a national emergency every winter?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pyehouse

I agree with ya just like the y2k crisis of 2000 when people freak out like *SNIP*

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Which scares you more, this pig virus, or the pigs in government?

Everything is a vehicle to gain more powers.

oink, oink.

I say the ones with the power to enact martial law. based on a flu, when the real motive could be an economic disaster.

I'm waiting for Bernanke and Geithner to make a public announcement soon.

Remember Bernanke and Hank Paulson speaking,,, the dow dropped
about 500 points each time. It's coming.

It doesnt take much to cause an electronic bank run or a huge panic.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Funny how the regular seasonal flu kills more people... Somethin here stinks.

Deebo

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
what does this mean for us? I cant find any information in any of the articles what the national emergency allows the government to do?
Does this mean mandatory vaccinations? Does anyone else find this strange when major medical studes have said the swine flu is peaking right now and should die down soon? Also notice all the propoganda lately about swine flu? Im worried right now.

The government can literally do anything they want. You now have NO constitutional rights--absolutely none. The authorities are free to come to your house, and make you do what they want, seize what they want, arrest who they want, jail who they wish---all with no recourse of the citizenery. Does that answer your questions?????

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

Bravo great info comrade btw when you gonna do when they come? Me I'm going to throw a molotov

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What we need to do is inform the misinformed , not to take the vaccine. This has gone to the next level , which I didn't think it would happen. Now I fear a forced vaccination program very soon , as the poison is more readily available.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

Yes, that about sums it up. not even Congress could help us/ as if they would.. We are left totally unprotected during this period.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I see this as one of four things;

1)Either the CDC is under reporting the severity of this or there has been evidence of a mutation that could make this more deadly and they are keeping a lid on it to avoid panic.

2)The White House wants us to watch the left hand while the right hand does something sneaky.

3)This is all to instill fear in the population & is a means to push ObamaCare so he can make his December deadline.

4)There is no real shortage of vaccines & this is to scare us into wanting something many are currently against.

Anyway I look at it, it smells like a big, stinking pile of BS.

On a side note, our small school district is currently running at about a 25% absentee rate. I also know of several other local districts that have been hit extremely hard since Wens/Thurs. & I'm wondering just what those numbers are going to look like by Monday morning.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

I say the ones with the power to enact martial law. based on a flu, when the real motive could be an economic disaster.

That plan has already exceeded expectations, and they haven't wasted that opportunity.

I'm waiting for Bernanke and Geithner to make a public announcement soon.

Remember Bernanke and Hank Paulson speaking,,, the dow dropped
about 500 points each time. It's coming.

It doesnt take much to cause an electronic bank run or a huge panic.

If they are looking to manipulate the markets through this flu threat it would only be for financial gains from vaccines and vaccinations.

The shortage of vaccine will be the key as this virus worsens and spreads in the winter months.

Pray it doesn't get worse, by design... if it does we are all F'd.

Speaking of winter, I'm freezing to death here in Denver.... There has got to be a better place to die than here.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm making a guess here. If the government goes totally martial law on us, many people who were clueless sheeple, will get a rude awakening. After that, they just might join the ranks of the non-cooperative group. it's amazing what being forced to get a shot at the end of a gun barrel will do for you.

With all the anti shot people out there, and there are many, we will probably get the chance to see how far our government is willing to go to force it's citizenery to comply. Apparently, the gloves are off, and it's bare knuckles time.

And it's already been mentioned, but I'll say it again, where's the emergency when 30,000 plus die each year from regular flu, and we loose a couple thousand, and it's a martial law, national emergency situation time?? We already know the answer to that, don't we.

A national emergency suspends all constitutional rights of the citizenery, and opens the door to anything the president desires. Obama must be floating on air with glee right now, and the FED is sitting smugly in their offices, knowing they can do anything they need to do now, with no oversight to worry about, all in the name of a national emergency.

Is America great or what?? What a system. I'm surprised they haven't declared a national emergency more often. Have a great day people, you may not have many more--enjoy it while you can.....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

I would say that your options 2, 3 AND 4 are all true. Good list!
I don't think 1 is an option, since the Obama administration would NEVER let a crisis go by, without taking advantage of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I worry as you do. This flu will somehow mutate and come back. Our doctor told us that even though we all have H1N1 we must still get the vaccine.

The symptoms in my family are not fatal or even close to it. They return to school on monday.

We cant catch the same virus twice, what does this mean?

She told us to get it because it is coming back hard in the Spring and that one on my children is forbidden to take the live nasal mist.

By the time everyone has access to a vaccine ALL will most likely have already caught it. My town has got hit worst in my state. Even if a person hides at home and only goes out for groceries they are doomed. Most dont require any treatment.

I think people are driven to the hospital out of fear of death etc. I'm guilty too but feel better knowing we made it out alive.

If I catch it twice it will have mutated, leaving this vaccine non- effective to begin with.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Does this declaration of a national medical emergency mean that schools will be closed?

I would be very grateful if someone could give me an answer to this. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There needs to be a national medical emergency on cancer, aids, and hiv where the world spends there time working on those cures and vaccines more than anything else......

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join