It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

That sounds alarming but confusing too. I thought the hospitals were no longer testing for H1N1 but just "assuming" you had it if you had flu like symptoms.

Also, if they're doing testing, doesn't it take a few days to weeks to get the results back?

How are these kids testing positive? Can you please clarify for us?

And thanks for keeping us posted in real time as to what is unfolding in your area.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by DJM8507

If this really were to happen this would be the worst case scenrio, with a 50% death rate. Where in the world is this happening? Is that why the flu tracker is reporting 2000 deaths in KS? I thought it was just a fluke? Is it because it has a more dangerous strain?

I'll call that one BS big time! I am in Wichita and we have kids and grandkids that had it all last week. Plus they had friends and others that had it. Our of all them, over 50 total, one was fairly bad, but not in the hospital.
We have had only one death, that I have seen reported from last month. And that was a baby that was really ill and was givin a 20% chance to live before it caught the swine flu.............

2000 have had or have the flu. I can believe that.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by j2000]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Front page on Drudgereport is rather interesting, looks like this:

O
H1N1

Intirguing.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by tsloan

That sounds alarming but confusing too. I thought the hospitals were no longer testing for H1N1 but just "assuming" you had it if you had flu like symptoms.

Also, if they're doing testing, doesn't it take a few days to weeks to get the results back?

How are these kids testing positive? Can you please clarify for us?

And thanks for keeping us posted in real time as to what is unfolding in your area.

The test are a simple nose swab. It takes all of 5 minutes to test. JH in Baltimore has been on the front line with the H1N1 battle. The numbers have been increasing the last 2 weeks they do treat every case like it's a H1N1 but they are swabbing 150 positive tested Thursday night from 1p.m. till she was off @ 11p.m. that was just in PEDs dept. it is serious cause they dont have the vaccs to give it to everyone as of last night. They were recieving shipments from Fort Meade from the Army medical units. I am trying not to jump to any thing just yet but this is the first time my wife has been called in all year in a code orange which is all hands on deck. So they are doing one of 2 things.
1: getting ahead and getting staff up to speed on things to come or..
2: are trying to play catch up from a heavy influx of people with normal flu....? I don't know I will keep you guys post as I get the news from the Baltimore/D.C. area? Wish I had more info

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Thank you for posting this. The Swine Flu isn't even as deadly as the normal FLU. It is all hype and eveyone is jumping on board.

Educating yourself on the swine flu is the best defense you can have.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
So anything that someone dies from that is a flu or flu related will be counted regardless if it is H1N1?
Why are they trying so hard to scare us? To control us?
The problem is if you don't have hard numbers how do you know what the real mortality rate is? You can only guess? I hate playing guessing games when it comes to health.
I only hope we NEVER have something like the bubonic plague, small pox ebola here in the USA widespread. Boy the government really would have us in a bind then. If no one knows what the hell is going on; then the whole country would be doomed!

[edit on 24-10-2009 by dreamseeker]

I read somewhere lately and I could kick myself for not writing it down or saving the thread, but, What I read was that there was going to be an emergence of Hepatitis. I will look into it more. Lets hope it does not happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Thanks for the clarification. I should have known that JH would have testing capabilities on site. Keep us updated as you are able. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My whole family contracted the dreaded swine flu and it was a walk in the park with my trusty High Voltage Colloidal Silver. We all got over it in a few days, although my wife got it pretty badly in her lungs luckily I convinced her to try the silver.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Evening Folks,
I just checked the FEMA website, they are showing no emergencies declared either today or yesterday. But Ill check my connections with emergency personell and see if they have heard anything

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I just found this on a Hepatitis site I was looking at. Not sure if it is anything pertinent to this thread but, I found it interesting to say the least.

Injection of any foreign antibodies or proteins is not something I consider a wise thing to do. Unknown foreign substances could potentially be injected along with it. There are some that claim the outbreak of HIV/AIDS was injected along with the
Hepatitis B vaccine that was given to gays free of charge in New York, Los Angeles, and San francisco, and while we may never know if this is the case or not, the spontaneous outbreak of Aids in those 3 cities following the free Hep B vaccine should leave some question even in the most prudent of minds.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Holy Crap! I am currently in the middle of a very heated conversation on facebook right now about all this. You should hear these people

@Dustin, your right is not to take medication but its state's responsibility to vaccinate or medicate you.

Not even a case of opinion. Not getting it is simply extremely selfish.

That's so very high-school teenagery of you.

Here's the funny thing about epidemics. If everyone gets vaccinated, there's very little spread of the disease and very few deaths. And nobody sees it as a crisis averted, they see it as an overblown when in fact things went as designed.

Which is why the psycho paranoia about the vaccine is #ing stupid beyond belief, as is anyone who buys the stupid psycho paranoia.

Sorry I just needed to vent

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Since this story came out this morning, I've been looking hard at the news today because I think that this is a deflection to keep our attention from something. I think I may have found something. A judge in New York just ruled that a $450K mortgage be canceled - as in the people get to keep the house for free - because the bank didn't have the paperwork (and most of them don't nowadays). Now, THAT is something that TPTB wouldn't want many to hear about.

I posted it here: This could be what ends the Banking System once and for all

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Since this story came out this morning, I've been looking hard at the news today because I think that this is a deflection to keep our attention from something. I think I may have found something. A judge in New York just ruled that a $450K mortgage be canceled - as in the people get to keep the house for free - because the bank didn't have the paperwork (and most of them don't nowadays). Now, THAT is something that TPTB wouldn't want many to hear about.

I posted it here: This could be what ends the Banking System once and for all

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! As serious as this H1N1 is I always said that you must watch for the smoke screen I am waiting for our government to push some bill through or something while everyone is fixed on the H1N1...VERY GOOD... you my friend have common sense!!!

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
Nothings going to happen. I don't trust the vaccine but there will be no quarantine or mandatory vaccinations due to the fact that no one would enforce it. Cops wouldn't enforce it because why would they put their own families in a quarantine or force them to get an vaccine? Same with the army.

You really need to get out more if you think the government won't force people to do whatever they want. They will quarantine, blockade, issolate, do whatever they want to. And there are enough government workers of one kind or another to force the issue.
Just like the national guard in a riot, with orders to shoot looters if seen. They will do what they have been told to do--don't kid yourself.

remember, it doesn't have to be a "real" emergency for the government to declare an emergency. Folks, they can do what they want, as the President can innitiate an executive order at any time. Then, you have zero constitutional rights by law. End of story.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don’t know why every one seems so surprised to see this happening. I posted a thread some time back showing how the spread and death rate will exponentially according to the actuarial society. Its all basic math.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it very convenient for Obama to extend his power grab none the less.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Errr....peeps...I thought I was really not awake in this world, but.....

Didn't BHO already declare H1N1 a national emergency back in April?

www2a.cdc.gov...

Or am I simply day-dreaming because the first cases of this piggish virus emerged where I live in Cali at that time?

Don't get me wrong.... this is a true, nasty, vicious virus in certain locales.

According to the most recent research, unlike the seasonal H flu (s) that attack the *upper respiratory* tract, this crazy bug goes straight down to the depths of the lungs.

But... the national emergency (unless my memory fails from being attacked by this same plague-of-sorts) was declared over 6 months ago.

The govt and health care systems are so back-arshed words on the micro- sheeple-level, good luck if they are able to implement mandatory vaxs and martial law!

ETA: CDC April link

[edit on 24-10-2009 by logos.ethos.pathos]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! AHHHHHH! RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!

It's the flu, if your sick, stay home, drink plenty of fluids and ride out the sick time.

If your an otherwise healthy adult, getting the vaccine is kind of a waste, as if you catch the virus, you will develop antibodies against it anyway.

The really young, the really old and pregnant women should get the shot.

Otherwise, it's just another strain of the flu.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There comes that feeling again. An inescapable sense of doom that seems to get tighter as each hour passes by. What does the future hold in store?

Yahoo.com front page...

# Obama declares swine flu outbreak a national emergency
# Congress may reach agreement on health care public option
# White House opens its Web site programming to public
# Thousands gather for worldwide climate protests
# Saudi court sentences female journalist to 60 lashes
# Doctors: Gene therapy experiment restores sight in a few
# Volunteers' TLC spruces up Willow Glen…- SJ Mercury…
# Napoleon Hendrix - SFPD inspector - dies- S.F. Chronicle
# Commentary: 5 o'clock shadow doesn't wash…- Sunnyvale Sun

Can you differentiate the significant stories from the distractors? Can't help but feel that news websites have become like multiple choice questions:
"Pick the story that is most important, or the story that best highlights issues that seem important."

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Anybody figured out the link between this Swine Flu Emergency Declaration and 25 October 2009 yet?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The funny thing is, I don't think anyone is really worried about the flu as much as they are about the enstatement of a national emergency over the issue. This has to be by far the biggest non-emergency that I have ever seen. I can see declaring an emergency if people starting turning into zombies and feasting on the living, but this is not the case. This is an over hyped, weak excuse for a planet killer virus. There is more than meets the eye with this "emergency".

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join