It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US is all out of jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
No more work is available.

All the work has been done, there's nothing left to do, except sit around and wait for ... well I dunno what we're supposed to wait for really.

All we hear about is job's that are lost, but never do any seem to be created.

I think I've figured out where lost jobs go.

People who once had jobs go out and become self employed.

Da da mystery solved.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The US government i.e. politicians and Corporate America DOES NOT care about the average American. The economy is a completely man made system. There is PLENTY of assets, food, land, wealth etc. in America for EVERYONE to have a job and a good paying one at that. What's happening is all about control. I'll give you a perfect example.

I drive around the suburbs and urban and rural areas all the time. Let's take the suburbs for example........there is SO MUCH unused open space and land. Most of it will eventually go to developers. Why not take all this land and put people to work growing gardens, milking cows, planting crops on a local, small community scale? Why not bring gardening and farming to inner cities? You know how many old lots could be torn down and carved up in order to grow inner city gardens so people can atleast feed themselves. I think that would be a wonderful idea and at least all those people receiving tax payers money would be put to work doing something constructive. But nothing like that (CCC back in the 30's) will ever come to fruition. The government doesn't want people to grow their own food and be responsible as a community. They want people indentured and reliant on EVERYTHING so they can be controlled.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
"...That big ol’ building was the textile mill
It fed our kids and it paid our bills
But they turned us out and they closed the doors
We can’t make it here anymore.

See all those pallets piled up on the loading dock
They’re just gonna set there till they rot
‘Cause there’s nothing to ship, nothing to pack
Just busted concrete and rusted tracks
Empty storefronts around the square
There’s a needle in the gutter and glass everywhere
You don’t come down here ‘less you’re looking to score
We can’t make it here anymore.

-James McMurtry "We Can't Make It Here Anymore"

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There are if you get into something medically related to take care of all the old farts on Social Security like nursing or home care or go work for Uncle Sam. It seems like that fastest growing newspaper section is the obituaries while the wanted ads have shrunken down to a few government or medical jobs. At least that way some of the money goes back into the system to help keep some jobs, maybe even to support some of those self-employed types.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Oh wow thanks for sharing your infinite wisdom. There is work everywhere. Times like these there's just less work that's all.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
There are if you get into something medically related to take care of all the old farts on Social Security like nursing or home care or go work for Uncle Sam. It seems like that fastest growing newspaper section is the obituaries while the wanted ads have shrunken down to a few government or medical jobs. At least that way some of the money goes back into the system to help keep some jobs, maybe even to support some of those self-employed types.

I always thought owning a graveyard would be a great investment. Funeral homes, too.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I always thought owning a graveyard would be a great investment. Funeral homes, too.

I was thinking about adding that to my post as a suggestion. Yes, that's capitalizing.

If you like cars, buy a hearse (not a Hurst Olds, just to be clear!).

I can't remember where but I seem to recall morgue space being at a premium because of so many deaths and families with lack of money for burial.

There must be a way to do some discount service. Hmmm.

Edit: Ah, yes...wonderful DTW
Detroit: Too broke to bury their dead

DETROIT (CNNMoney.com) -- At 1300 E. Warren St., you can smell the plight of Detroit.

Inside the Wayne County morgue in midtown Detroit, 67 bodies are piled up, unclaimed, in the freezing temperatures. Neither the families nor the county can afford to bury the corpses. So they stack up inside the freezer.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I just got two jobs the other day

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsof0ld
I just got two jobs the other day

Congrats. (No, I'm not being snarky. That's quite an achievement in this economy).

Unfortunately for most, statistics speak louder than any given individual's anecdotal evidence. For example, new jobless claims rise more than expected:

"The number of new claims for jobless benefits jumped more than expected last week. Claims had fallen in five out of the previous six weeks, and most economists expect that trend to continue but at a slow pace, with employers still reluctant to hire."

[edit on 10/23/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thier are plenty of jobs around me, in southwest CT. I see them everday on craigslist or local paper. Security officer listing are in stock, engineers ect. Naturally though, most of hem requiire experience beforehand, and/or schooling.
Thier will always be jobs in one form or another. It does seem, the fuure job market, will be in the medical field, although not as secure a job, like any others. At least in business, those that have been around for a ong timek, and or are overpayed, in corporates eyes, usualy are ealt with* they will find any little thing, to save $20,000+ a year, becuase it makes them lok good on paper, and screws the long time know ti all out fo everything. Ive seen this time and time again, working for a CVS pharmacy. They lie..they find the smallest dumbest thing, to let you go,s ot hey can hire an illegal immigrant, or someone willing to work for 3 times the amount fo work and less pay* its referedd to as cross training* an arogent phrase adopted and used to cover up their agenda*
I belive alot of corporate places do things like this. Thier will always be jobs* just not high paying ones, along with reduced benefits.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Because of thr housing boom at the time, no one really paid alot of attention to the fact that our jobs were being sent to other countries. So many others had what seemed to be great jobs, but alot were centered around the housing boom.
Think of the loss really- manufactures (carpet drywall cabinets paint etc..) financial, trucking,landscape the list goes on and on. Tell me what all these people are going to find work doing? reseraunt minimum wage? sure there are a few jobs out still but i stress FEW in comparison to how many jobs that have been lost!!
To think- IMO I think the soaring gas prices started this mess and you cant undo it now even if they wanted to. Which they dont.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
No more work is available.

All the work has been done, there's nothing left to do, except sit around and wait for ... well I dunno what we're supposed to wait for really.

WRONG, they got a lot of jobs, in china. You think I'm kidding?

Young foreigners hunt jobs in China amid crisis

"I applied for jobs all over the U.S. There just weren't any," said Reasbeck, who speaks no Chinese but had volunteered at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. In China, she said, "the jobs are so easy to find. And there are so many.

Many do basic work such as teaching English, a service in demand from Chinese businesspeople and students. But a growing number are arriving with skills and experience in computers, finance and other fields.

Want another example?

American Graduates Finding Jobs in China

A big draw of working in China, many young people say, is that they feel it allows them to skip a rung or two on the career ladder.

“It’s China’s fault that I’m still here,” he said. “It’s just so cheap to start a business.” It cost him the equivalent of $12,000, which he had in savings, he said.

Fortunately, they all will return home.. eventually.

Among many young Americans, the China exit strategy is a common topic of conversation. Mr. Stephens, Ms. Berman and Mr. Misium all said they were planning to return to the United States eventually.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
23 states report higher unemployment in September

"The U.S. jobless rate rose to 9.8 percent in September, a 26-year high, from 9.7 percent. Some economists estimate it would have topped 10 percent if there had been no change in the labor force."
Source:
finance.yahoo.com...

Let's not forget that govt stats highly underestimate real conditions because they don't count people who have been out of work for more than a certain (very short) time...such people are considered "discouraged " rather than "unemployed." Pretty slimy manouvre, statistically speaking. They also don't take into account people who are working part-time gigs, people who are underemployed, etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Let's not forget that govt stats highly underestimate real conditions because they don't count people who have been out of work for more than a certain (very short) time...such people are considered "discouraged " rather than "unemployed." Pretty slimy manouvre, statistically speaking. They also don't take into account people who are working part-time gigs, people who are underemployed, etc.

It's not quite a slimy maneuver and it's a common misconception. The "offical" rate reported in the media is the U-3 but there are U-4 to U-6 which are progressively more inclusive. Inclusion of discouraged workers starts with U-4. The U-6 includes underemployment. The seasonally adjusted U-4 for Septemer 2009 was 10.2%.

Here is the chart

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
All we hear about is job's that are lost, but never do any seem to be created.

I think I've figured out where lost jobs go.

People who once had jobs go out and become self employed.

Da da mystery solved.

Once you get over the initial shock of having to be dependant on welfare even for a short period, you'll see that there are actually many more avenues open to you than you realise

I'm in this boat right now, and have taken the first step of declaring myself
'self-unemployed'

Although it doesn't change the physical situation, but it does empower you to believe that its just that transition from self-unemployment to self-employment

The chains of economic slavery are falling away link by link...we're not dependant on the corporations for our food, for low pay in return for labour, for easy credit in lieu of real pay rises for those who shine in what they do

Get up on your feet and walk somewhere, anywhere...just dont sit back and wait for a job to be handed out to you...take charge of your life and take the opportunity if you're unemployed right now, and do what you always dreamed of doing

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Taikonaut]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

The solution isn't to sit around and wait. It's start growing your own food, improving how you live, learning about how to survive.

Those who use their time wisely while looking for work and hoping things get better will be the ones better off if it does go the way we all think it is.

If I was in the US right now, I'd be growing a veg patch, I'd have chickens, I;d be buying equipment to make my home secure and energy independent. I'd be communicating with my neighbours, encouraging them to do similar, forming alliances and exchanging resources.

And, next year, if our own economy hasn't improved (which I highly doubt it will) I'll be doing all of the above. I'm already working on my energy use and looking into alternatives to become more self-sufficient. And I'm in a secure job, in a secure field.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Enter: THE CAMPS.

They have us right where they want us, and then some. AND its not over yet, by any means.

Time to tap UNCLE SAM for everything they are so willing to give the needy, such as FOOD STAMPS, FOOD PANTRIES, LYING YOUR WAY THRU THE SYSTEM, YES, LIE, SO YOU CAN GET MONETARY HELP........clothes, free food...... LET THE FUN BEGIN.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes but it takes money to do all that. And land. A majority of which Americans are obviously lacking without jobs, living in urban and suburban areas etc. If you live in a neighborhood you can't just go out and start purchasing farm animals and put them in your backyard. That's the whole problem with modern society.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
well, thats just ridiculous, i DO hope you are joking.

yes, the economy is *BAD* but man, some people will make up any excuse not to work. my S.O. went out to try to find a replacement job for his current one and he said that literally EVERY place he stepped foot into was HIRING. it may not be a job that some people "want" to work, but what job is?!

i feel like people are hearing that there are "no jobs" and instead of pulling their heads out of their a** they sit their lazy a** on the couch and watch tv, complaining about "no jobs" during commercials.

come on people, use your brain and FIX YOUR LIVES, take some responsiblity, damn.
cuz listening to the media is doing one helluva job.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The idea of garden plots is a good one, I have thought about it myself. But I don't think I would trust growing vegies in the city on land that is probably so polluted it would kill you to eat them.

Now, community gardens somewhere outside of town would work for me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join