It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man ran down 'too Westernized' daughter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonspyre

Sounds to me like you're potentially as much trouble to society as this guy in the OP.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

He might have found stones but a great deal of America is paved or concreted over.

I am not sure how driving a car though is westernized as they have cars in ever country I can think of. Either you are thinking modernized or thinking he is Amish (though some do have cars and electricity).

Raist

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It is very simple.

He moved himself and his family to the US.

That means he is bound by US law, before his religious law.

He murdered two unarmed women.

He should be put to death as the double murder he is.

End of story.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
driving a car is not an american thing
it's an asian thing

as it's Japan that makes the best cars

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I just tone people out (in real life and on the internet) who feel the need to rant in such a way.

Besides I was not really sure what he/she was trying to say through all the **** stuff.

Raist

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I mean guys and girls...common, if your going to run down your only child because she was to westernized (lol) at least use a 57 Chevy, or a Ford Mustang preferably a sweet 65 model.

Solid Steel/Iron, no airbags or the fancy stuff, pure metal coupled to horse power.

***EDIT*** Yes fast typing, how stupid of me < Thank you for the heads up

[edit on 22-10-2009 by tristar]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

(Off Topic)

The first Mustang was a 1964 and 1/2 sold as a 1965 model year.

None were made in 57.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by tristar

(Off Topic)

The first Mustang was a 1964 and 1/2 sold as a 1965 model year.

None were made in 57.

Yes, how stupid of me, so much to do in such a small time frame, trying to squeeze those extra minutes going through forums searching for items. Much appreciate the heads up.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If the father was so concerned about his daughter becoming too "westerized" then it begs the question; why did he move his family to the West??

And isn't running someone over with a car "too westernized"?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

What did you want him to do????

Cut her head off while she is alive and screaming????

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sick and unforgivable. May he feel the full weight of the US law. Prison should be a culturual awakening to someone as intolerant to sin as himself.

All the same...Some food for thought...

Before everyone gets carried away with the easy leap from "man kills daughter" to "those Muslims"...lets get perspective.

www.statemaster.com...

The United Nations Population Fund estimates that the annual worldwide total of honour-killing victims may be as high as 5,000 women.

Number of Muslims in the world...

At a level of 1.2 Billion, they represent about 22% of the world's population. They are the second largest religion in the world. Only Christianity is larger, with 33% of the world's inhabitants.

5000 Honor killings estimated annually....1.2 Billion muslims

What percentage does that represent?....Just saying

Also...anyone know the filicide (parent killing child) stats for the USA?
Not counting abortions...for those that believe that to be filicide.

Also food for thought...Christian Scientists often refuse to seek medical care for their children.

They aren't murdering them outright, but still a case of extreme religious beliefs (christian sect), to the extent where they would let their own kids die.

writ.news.findlaw.com...

Can Religious Faith Justify Reckless Homicide? A Wisconsin Prosecution Raises Larger Issues

Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2009

In March of last year, an eleven-year-old girl died of untreated diabetes, while her parents prayed for her recovery and chose not to consult a medical professional. The medical consensus is that Madeline Kara Neumann (who was known by her middle name) probably took about a month to die – in terrible pain, wasting away to 65 pounds by the end – and that insulin and intravenous fluids would have saved her young life.

Prosecutors subsequently charged Kara's parents with second-degree reckless homicide under Wisconsin law for failing to prevent her death. Last month, the judge in their case rejected the defense's argument that the prosecution was violating the couple's rights to religious freedom. As a matter of law, this ruling is uncontroversial. Yet the case raises the more difficult and broader question of how the law should treat anti-social behavior that is motivated by religious faith.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

"5000 Honor killings estimated annually....1.2 Billion muslims"

That's the wrong comparison. What you should be asking is 5,000 estimated honor killings annually out of how many who have left Islam as a faith or converted to another faith from Islam annually (also estimated)?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Why are you still confounded by the actions of Middle Easterners who carry out these actions? We've seen time and again that they are steadfastly dedicated to religion and traditions and are ready to both die and sacrifice their families for such.

What, did you think TERRORISTS would eventually drop their hostility of the U.S. and make us pals? What the hell do you think we're fighting for in Afghanistan?

correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like your defending him for running over his daughter. When you put religion ahead of your family then something is wrong.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Why are you still confounded by the actions of Middle Easterners who carry out these actions? We've seen time and again that they are steadfastly dedicated to religion and traditions and are ready to both die and sacrifice their families for such.

What, did you think TERRORISTS would eventually drop their hostility of the U.S. and make us pals? What the hell do you think we're fighting for in Afghanistan?

Killing daughters is not part of the religion thou.

This is just another example of a power/controlling mad father going insane.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

No, no, not at all. I have a daughter, myself, and I couldn't imagine harming hair on her head.

The debate in this thread seemed to be that Middle Easterners do things like this (honor killings) because of their dedication to their religion versus they do this the same reason that anyone does this - simply because they are control freaks.

I was attempting to disagree with the motivation behind what would drive a typical Western father to harm his child versus one of Middle Eastern descent. My argument was that very few American (Western) fathers would ever do this based on their religion.

No, I wouldn't condone violence to a child, ever.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Exactly... this is about Control... I've seen many many many incidents of fathers attempting to kill their own offspring because of a lack of control over them...

It happened to me, and my family isn't even muslim....

It's about someone's lack of control... now does Islam justify this common practice in all people... maybe it does, but regardless... it's the same in any language... abhorrent.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Killing daughters is not part of the religion thou.

Actually, yes it is. Sons, as well.

www.answering-islam.org...

The punishment for apostasy from Islam is a controversial topic for Muslims living in the West and for ex-Muslims everywhere. That’s because Islam teaches that apostates are to be killed. We know from historic Islamic documents that during Muhammad's lifetime, and the lifetimes of the next four "Rightly Guided Caliphs", tens of thousands of Muslims left the faith of Islam and thousands were killed.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

It is nowhere in the quran.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by sos37

It is nowhere in the quran.

You are correct, the Quran does not come out and say to kill apostates, point blank. So if that's the case, why all of the honor killings?

www.answering-islam.org...

As noted above, the Quran does not come out and state explicitly that apostates should be killed. All of the neutral references I examined took this position. However, there are a number of Quranic verses that pertain to apostasy and various Muslim scholars found in them the justification to execute apostates.

I'm not a Muslim, myself and I have very limited experience with Islam and still have to look up anything I reference and even then I don't pretend to understand at the base level why these things are done.

Christianity teaches us that God is a loving God who orders us not to kill, that people gained the ability of higher knowledge to choose right and wrong by the actions of one man, long ago (Adam).

I couldn't answer why anyone would hold to religion as an excuse to perform honor killings any more than I could answer how a Christian could use the Bible to justify being a serial killer.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Don't generalize! Not all Middle Easterners are dedicated to religion and traditions, like not all American's are fat. And I do not see why where in Afghanistan, another countries problems, as long as they are not affecting America, should stay there problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join