It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man ran down 'too Westernized' daughter

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
[6:140] Losers Indeed are those who slay their children out of senseless ignorance and forbid the sustenance which Allah has bestowed upon them, in order to fabricate lies against Allah; they have undoubtedly gone astray and not attained the path.

Dude, Mohammed used the word "losers" in the hadiths/Quran? That's awesome. Rock on. Too bad honor killing isn't considered senseless... according to other Islamic scripture.

Koran thumpers. sheesh.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Here's another problem. The Western media won't take on the real problem. Instead they spin it so that we can still love and forgive our neighbor, this is purely a Western concept that is opposite from the Islamic concepts in which this man behaved.
from CNN "Almaleki was angry with his daughter "as she had become too 'Westernized' and was not living according to [the family's] traditional Iraq values," Peoria police said in a statement last week."

No CNN, these are Iraq and Islamic values, not a personal individual's values. This man is following theology dictated to him by the government, rules in which he is to live his life. This man is carrying out the governments laws to which he is loyal. It was not about anger and his personal values. All 1.6 billion muslims are expected to do the same thing. And many of them will.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

ZZZ it is a cultural thing, how am I suppose to make you understand?

A CULTURAL THING!

So was killing, raping, and pillaging back in the day.

I had a Muslim friend whose opinion was that Islam would win, because Westerner's would never return to their barbaric roots. True story.

That is a really, really bad bet to make.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

It is a translation thing.

"Losers" is a probably a very loose translation, But might turn out to be very apt.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by oozyism

ZZZ it is a cultural thing, how am I suppose to make you understand?

A CULTURAL THING!

So was killing, raping, and pillaging back in the day.

I had a Muslim friend whose opinion was that Islam would win, because Westerner's would never return to their barbaric roots. True story.

That is a really, really bad bet to make.

This is important! What many westerners fail to understand is that culture, government, social life, religion and law is all one unit in Islam. Whereas in the US those are seperate and differ to some extent. That gives Islam power in numbers when it comes down to the actual killing, raping and pillaging against the West.
If we understand this enemy and it's strength we can take measures to strengthen ourselves against it. Those in denial are only stopping this process and more will be killed, raped and pillaged upon.
One we understand as one unit in the West that the goal of Islam is to destroy us then we can collectively have zero tolerance for Sharia Law and infiltration. As it stands now... we have been broken down with both and are crumbling.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
She died.
How sad.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I just brought you evidence that there is no such thing as honor killings in Sharia and then you state that there is again? WTF you are a waste of time, you are repeating youself over and over again. I don't think it makes it true if you keep repeating yourself JJ. Don't waste your time and mine.

JJ I can't believe you are so arrogant to show your face here again after making false claims through out the thread and many members in many threads have proven that you are a liar trying to propagate a negative message against Islam. Whether you really believe in the crap that comes out of your mouth or not doesn't matter since you are very much willing to propagate that crap.

You can do that in your own blog, don't waste your time and other members here, you are just humiliating yourself. Don't forget, when you make your blog, block the comments, that is how you propagate, you can also use You tube, where you can block the comments so people can't comment.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

It is a translation thing.

"Losers" is a probably a very loose translation, But might turn out to be very apt.

Yeah here's another translation.

[6:140]They are lost indeed those who kill their children foolishly without knowledge, and forbid what Allah has given to them, forging a lie against Allah; they have indeed gone astray, and they are not the followers of the right course.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Thanks for straightening that out.

Good to know.

But what can be done about it?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

reply to post by _Phoenix_

Thanks for straightening that out.

Good to know.

But what can be done about it?

Not too much as long as (Islamic government sponsored) clerics and imams are preaching that honor killing and violence is the right path.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join