It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man ran down 'too Westernized' daughter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If one lives in a nation which supports by law, an action which results in death , then so be it. If he carries out the same action on land which prohibits that action, he should expect the weight of the law, and the fist of justice. Thats all .

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
If one lives in a nation which supports by law, an action which results in death , then so be it. If he carries out the same action on land which prohibits that action, he should expect the weight of the law, and the fist of justice. Thats all .

Oh but many will protest and say that since he's a muslim that he was doing the right thing and the law should be waved in his favor because he's a muslim. And CAIR will pay the local media to reflect negatively on the US court system and help us understand Islam more because we need to know how peaceful they are.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Oh but many will protest and say that since he's a muslim that he was doing the right thing and the law should be waved in his favor because he's a muslim. And CAIR will pay the local media to reflect negatively on the US court system and help us understand Islam more because we need to know how peaceful they are.

Ridiculous statement which brings nothing to the discussion. How many people have protested on behalf of those who implement honor killings? I know some have it in their culture, but even they know it is the wrong thing to do, but do it for honor, hence honor killings.

See a patriot knows s/he is doing wrong for beating up an individual who has burned the American flag in front of him/her. But s/he does it due to honor, s/he doesn't care if s/he get's punished because s/he still has his/her honor intact.

It is not complicated unless you want it to be. The KKK has alot of followers, whether their followers protest against the detention of one of its members (who broke the law), is not important, because the law is the law. If broken, they are suppose to get punished.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
How many people have protested on behalf of those who implement honor killings?
I know some have it in their culture, but even they know it is the wrong thing to do, but do it for honor, hence honor killings.

Honor killing isn't wrong in Islam. People who commit honor killing are not prosecuted. Honor killing is an obligation. There is nothing honorable about it. No muslims will protest it.
That's really a shame.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Honor killing isn't wrong in Islam. People who commit honor killing are not prosecuted. Honor killing is an obligation. There is nothing honorable about it. No muslims will protest it.
That's really a shame.

Protest, what? You want them to go in the streets and start protesting against something which everyone knows is wrong?

This practice of ‘honour killing’ is a form of murder without trial, which is contrary to
Islam. Islam upholds the sanctity of human life, as the Holy Qur’an declares that
killing one innocent human being is akin to killing the entire human race (Qur’an
5:32, 6:151, 17:33). Like all other faith traditions, Islam considers all forms of life as
sacred. There is certainly no justification for such a practice of “Honour Killing” in
Islamic Law (Shariah).

Something which is done outside the law, hence honor killings is wrong in Islam. When you sign an agreement with Western government you are obliged to follow that agreement.

Your turn

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

That's really a shame.

Protest, what? You want them to go in the streets and start protesting against something which everyone knows is wrong?

This practice of ‘honour killing’ is a form of murder without trial, which is contrary to
Islam. Islam upholds the sanctity of human life, as the Holy Qur’an declares that
killing one innocent human being is akin to killing the entire human race (Qur’an
5:32, 6:151, 17:33). Like all other faith traditions, Islam considers all forms of life as
sacred. There is certainly no justification for such a practice of “Honour Killing” in
Islamic Law (Shariah).

Something which is done outside the law, hence honor killings is wrong in Islam. When you sign an agreement with Western government you are obliged to follow that agreement.

Your turn

If you were a muslim then I would consider your cherrypicking a nice gesture. But since you are not then you will never understand. Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

If you were a muslim then I would consider your cherrypicking a nice gesture. But since you are not then you will never understand. Have a nice day.

sorry if I damaged your static belief system. Run forest run... It is easy to run away from uncomfortable discussion, I think your brain is more comfortable with negative Islam, than positive. It was hard for me too you know, it takes time. I can bet you will come back 2 years later and actually look in to the subjects you are so uncomfortable with.

Just to burst your bubble I was raised in Afghanistan (Taliban era), lived couple of years in Pakistan. Keep that in mind next time you are discussing an issue with me.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Nice try. Try to keep with the subject and not flame.
This man accused of honor killing will deny that he attempted an honor killing and contend that he is justified in his actions according to Islam. Come back in 2 years and see.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Nice try. Try to keep with the subject and not flame.
This man accused of honor killing will deny that he attempted an honor killing and contend that he is justified in his actions according to Islam. Come back in 2 years and see.

Flame
sure lol

To sum it all up and leave this thread:

That's really a shame.

Islamic Law (Shariah).

[edit on 30-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just heard on the news that the father has been arrested.

Time for him to pay for his crime.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yeah, they should go out on the streets and protest to denounce these honor killings, and if any of their local religious leaders support this type of act, they should denounce these religious leaders for the scum bags they are.

Just the way that people came out against the catholic church when it was found out that they were harboring pedophiles.

They need to get themselves a honor killing watch, like the Amber alert.

Anytime it looks like some father is plotting his daughters demise, publish his name.

Chance are very high that most of these honor killings are carried out at the urgency of the local cleric, and these clerics should be questioned by the authorities and carefully watched.

Any clerics who make any speeches to support these honor killing activities, warning Muslim children that they will be punished for adapting western ways and all that should be arrested for advocating violence.

It is a form of extortion.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by oozyism

Yeah, they should go out on the streets and protest to denounce these honor killings, and if any of their local religious leaders support this type of act, they should denounce these religious leaders for the scum bags they are.

Just the way that people came out against the catholic church when it was found out that they were harboring pedophiles.

Anytime it looks like some father is plotting his daughters demise, publish his name.

Chance are very high that most of these honor killings are carried out at the urgency of the local cleric, and these clerics should be questioned by the authorities and carefully watched.

Any clerics who make any speeches to support these honor killing activities, warning Muslim children that they will be punished for adapting western ways and all that should be arrested for advocating violence.

Weird dynamic of this crime is that if the mother speaks out she is usually beaten so she has to participate in the tradition. This religion uses threats against their own in their sickness. Yes, it would be nice if there were muslim protest to these crimes but so far there aren't. Only American law is going after those who try to enforce Sharia Law in the US. Many court systems, along with local media, are unaware of the real issue and deny honor killing exists. I was contacted by a reporter for the Orlando Sentinal to interview about Asqi and he didn't want to hear anything negative about Islam. This is because of pressure from CAIR. So muslims have a tight little group that continue to commit these crimes in the US.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Just heard on the news that the father has been arrested.

Time for him to pay for his crime.

Taking bets on whether he will say he is not subjected to US law and what he did was right.
Taking bets on whether CAIR will pay for his defense.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

We dont need to understand Jack . If I go to a Muslim country, fornicate in public, drink all day , and make rude gestures at police persons, then I EXPECT a kick in the butt. I do not expect people to make allowances for me in foriegn lands , and nor should they expect such from me or mine.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by JJay55

We dont need to understand Jack . If I go to a Muslim country, fornicate in public, drink all day , and make rude gestures at police persons, then I EXPECT a kick in the butt. I do not expect people to make allowances for me in foriegn lands , and nor should they expect such from me or mine.

Yet the UK is caving into Sharia Law everyday. With a 50% population of muslims in a few more years that will be harder to control.
Many in the US don't even understand Islam, we think it's plural (accepting of other religions) like Christianity, and it is not.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Thanks for the infor JJ. I think that we need to get on top of this hear in the U.S. before it becomes a real problem, or maybe I should say a bigger problem.

I hope we don't see radicals taking over the Muslim communities in the U.S.

Are you a practicing Muslim?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Seems like the press picked up this one right. Glad to see some have the balls:
"EVERETT, Wash. -- A 61-year-old man accused of beating his brother to death in Lynnwood told Snohomish County sheriff's detectives it was an honor killing to avenge an insulting remark.

In a police statement filed Thursday in Everett District Court, 61-year-old Mehdi M. Matin says more than 20 years ago his brother uttered words about his bride-to-be so terrible the wedding was called off. Both men are from Afghanistan."

I was never a practicing muslim. I studied Islam for 40 years and understand the practice.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Weird dynamic of this crime is that if the mother speaks out she is usually beaten so she has to participate in the tradition. This religion uses threats against their own in their sickness. Yes, it would be nice if there were muslim protest to these crimes but so far there aren't. Only American law is going after those who try to enforce Sharia Law in the US. Many court systems, along with local media, are unaware of the real issue and deny honor killing exists. I was contacted by a reporter for the Orlando Sentinal to interview about Asqi and he didn't want to hear anything negative about Islam. This is because of pressure from CAIR. So muslims have a tight little group that continue to commit these crimes in the US.

I just brought you evidence that there is no such thing as honor killings in Sharia and then you state that there is again? WTF you are a waste of time, you are repeating youself over and over again. I don't think it makes it true if you keep repeating yourself JJ. Don't waste your time and mine.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by oozyism

ZZZ it is a cultural thing, how am I suppose to make you understand?

OK how many people get killed for thousands of different reasons in the US? Do you see protests every day against those killings? The people know it is wrong, that is why they support the laws which punishes those who commit such actions. By supporting those laws they are protesting.

It is idiotic the least to go outside and protest against every reason why someone is being killed for?

It is wrong, there are laws to punish those who do the wrong, that is enough.

I want you to go out right now and protest against the rape of this girl.

girl
Get it?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

[6:140] Losers Indeed are those who slay their children out of senseless ignorance and forbid the sustenance which Allah has bestowed upon them, in order to fabricate lies against Allah; they have undoubtedly gone astray and not attained the path.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join