It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Well besides the fact that guy is an Idiot it doesnt make all of us Idiots... Also is there any truth as to what he said?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I read this somewhere I think when I would vist the Rez in N.C it is very sad and sicking.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
reply to post by djusdjus

That's almost funny enough to cover up how much of an idiot and a bigot you are.

NEAT! Let's just thrown enough labels and name calling, and no one will notice we've not got any valid points!

Probably the reason this thread got started in the first place, an answer to name calling.

Funny, that.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Seriously though, you are going to have to explain that one.. Im stumped...

Whole towns in mexico have been depopulated except for the very old and very young - with all the rest having illegally gone to the U.S. Thought that perhaps with the attitude you've displayed, any missing neighbors (as in those that lived next door to you) of yours might be explained in the same way.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

Look If you would kindly re-read the very first post that I wrote, I mentioned this was not an attack on all Europeans, Just the goombas who want to point out Americas past aggressions.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

So are Dutch and German soldiers, not to mention more EU countries....

Second line

link   

Hi poedxsoldiervet!

I'm sorry, I haven't seen any of the America bashing threads, so I'm more than a little confused and upset by the tone of your thread.
If Europeans have been attacking America, then I agree that it's unjustified, in the grand scheme of things.

Can I just say, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and you have researched many aspects of American history,
and some European and African history very well.

For my own part, I am Scottish, I am British, and I am European. (In that order!!)

In Scotland, many years ago, we had a feudal clan system. The clans were extended families really, who were constantly vying for control and power, resulting in very many struggles, battles, and wars. Not to mention fighting off foreign invaders from England, Scandinavia and beyond.

In Britain, in very ancient times, there were various tribes, struggling for control and power, resulting in very many struggles, battles and wars. Not to mention foreign invaders....

In Europe, there are around 50 completely independent Nation states/countries.
In each and every one of these countries, there have been struggles, battles and wars, both between internal factions and against external forces.

For many centuries, there has been a power struggle between competing nations within Europe.
Europe was, by far the most advanced continent on the planet, in terms of technology, science, education, the military etc. for centuries.
When a European nation discovered a possible new source of land, raw materials, precious commodities, or any exploitable resources, they grabbed it with both hands, in an attempt to get one step ahead of their rivals. This could include many, if not all, of the points you raised against European behaviours in your OP. And this is where your criticism of Europe is perhaps, a little unwarranted?

You see, Europe is not one country, and it never has been, since "civilised" man started settling there.... (From Africa incidentally... Probably seeking Liberty and Freedom!!! but I'll skip that one for now, since it really is from pre-history!)

The "crimes against humanity" that you describe, happened as a direct result of the individual nations of Europe, competing with one another, or being threatened with dominance by their rivals. They saw resource stripping, and enslaving of nations which they deemed "inferior", as the natural order of that time. It was justified, in their eyes, by the need to stay ahead of their enemies. However wrong this may seem to us today.

Unfortunately, such has been the nature of humankind, (not just Europeans). We are competitive the world over. We are power hungry, We are "tribal", and We generally exploit the weak, the whole world over.

In modern times, the USA has been seen as the dominant power.
So, unfortunately, you guys may be in the firing line at the moment.

You are the big guys, dominating the weaker ones. And what your government spins to you as freedom, liberty and the war on terror, can easily be viewed from the outside, as throwing your weight about and acting like a bullying "world police" force. Whether that's true or not.

There is no real justification for many human behaviours, but in my opinion, we are all pretty much as bad as one another, in the grand scheme of things.

Verbally (or textually) attacking modern America, OR historical Europe for that matter, is pretty pointless at the end of the day.

How much better would things be, if we could all work together, in peace, to create a stable, safe, healthy environment, to pass on to our collective offspring?

And in a parody of an Auld Scots Saying that can't be repeated here, I'll close with the observation that...

There's TWO chances of that happening! ..... Zero and None! (Expletives avoided!!)

Peace,

G

link   
reply to post by Kram09

Thank you Kram atleast you have an understanding of what I am trying to convey.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

I think your post was a little uncalled for, it goes to give them more fodder when they call us arrogant and point to post like yours, I can’t defend against that... Some of what you said maybe true (France) (Italy) that doesn’t go to the whole of the EU.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JFletcher

While I did point out that he was wrong, I am going to point out that you to are wrong Iran stands no chance against the US in an all out total war.

link   
reply to post by centurion1211

What?

That was terrible man.. sorry

100 points for effort tho

link   
As an English man I have to say I love Ireland.My parents have lived there for over 10 years now(Castletownbere)and I was there last christmas and didnt feel out of place.Any Irish people I have met here in Blightly have also been welcomed by all.There are going to be communities who dont like the brits for good reasons(or bad,depending on your point of view)like wise there going to be the same in my country.

I think the problem people have with america is purely down to Bush and the war on terror.Some yanks posting on this board also give a bad image,but some people play up on the net.

I think if most members here met in a bar with a few drinks,we would find we are all alike.The internet has a terrible way of painting pictures of someone by their words typed,rather than the real person they are.

Too easy to blow things out of proportion,and fail to see sarcasm and humour when its written.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
WHERE'S THE STATUTE?

I have to give it to you..

You like your Statutes

Fair enough.... not illegal in the UN sense.

Just illegal in the human rights and basic human decency sense.

And just so you know.. attacking the US invasion of Iraq is not an attack on the US people.. just your foreign policy. There's a massive difference.

I can accept that, with but two caveats:

1) The UN, not being a lawmaking body, but one originated with the intention of assisting the world in getting along together and playing nice, deosn't enter the equation. Whatever their edicts may be considered, they are not law.

2) I believe "illegal" in the human rights and basic human decency sense would more closely amount to "immoral", since bad behavior doesn't necessarily break laws, but may be a matter of perspective.

Other than those two minutiae, I can agree.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

When this collapse then we can get to the real buisness and come out of the smoke and ashes even stronger.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer

Hi poedxsoldiervet!

I'm sorry, I haven't seen any of the America bashing threads, so I'm more than a little confused and upset by the tone of your thread.
If Europeans have been attacking America, then I agree that it's unjustified, in the grand scheme of things.

Can I just say, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and you have researched many aspects of American history,
and some European and African history very well.

Not sure where you've been since registering on 7/31/2009, but there have been plenty of anti-American threads and posts here on ATS both before and after you came on board. At any rate, I appreciate that it sounds like you at least have an open mind on the subject.

To boil it down further for you, many of us feel that the U.S., its culture and its values are under a full-scale assault from both within and without - all enemies foreign and domestic, as the oath of office says. As for the foreign criticisms, we are just telling you to stop back by after you've become near to perfect yourselves. You've had far longer than us to create your own messes and by all accounts have used that time to full advantage.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

No i am not comparing I am pointing out a few things, if you will please go back and re-read maybe you will get it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by d0p3d

So are Dutch and German soldiers, not to mention more EU countries....

Second line

What do you mean?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If America was never founded, Democracy would never be founded officially. Meaning the world would probably still be a monarchy, and we would still have the slave problem considering how Kings are.

But who knows,

With every nation, there are flaws, its our job to correct them so they never happen again.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Commando717]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

I'd have beer and some fish and chips with you.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So I've got this correct, due to some feeling an urge to vent a lot of frustration a post must be created to smite those evil villains if the past. The basis for submitting this thread is almost cringe worthy, and then seemingly all America, in usual spirit have to jump on board.

Every country on this planet has a dark side too it's history, but shouldn't we be looking forward. 'Hey, your great great great great great nan done this so I'm betterer than you!' feel here only leads to more people making a mockery of you.

Ironic. It does worryingly make me think, with the popularity of this thread, more questions have entered my mind than the thread has answered about the good ol' nature of the post, and perhaps the US.

Lighten up.

One the the most Bizarre possible 'trends' I've come across.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join