It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels

I think the problem people have with america is purely down to Bush and the war on terror.

Earth to noangels (and the other people who think the same):

1 - Bush is gone. Like us telling europe that the problem we have with you is DeGaulle or Hitler.

2 - Obama had Congress renew the war on terror legislation, so it is now obama's war on terror. If you want to keep complaining, complain to the new guy.

3 - Most of us understand that historically appeasement never has worked, thus the war on terror and find it incomprehensible that europeans (who with Hitler taught the world that appeasement doesn't work) are still trying it again.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The post made sense

But you forgot to mention you neighbor to the north. We have never faltered in our stance. Weather or not we get along we are ALWAYS there for you. Americans may not be but that is to be expected.

Remember "the red eye" program on fox.

Hardly saying fox reflects Americas views but it sure leaves our friendship in troubled waters.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow! Lots of resentement in the OP. Kind of doubt that you are a genuine Native American, which we Portuguese call Indians because of the "mistake" of Colon or Columbus or wathever you want to name him.

Guess that your resentement against europeans is the the same that (some) Africans have against us, historicaly true, but:

-Do you try to compare the world as it was in the 1400's with the 21st century? Because if you do, i don't really know how to classify the American attitude towards the rest of the WORLD in the 21st century.

-As wrong as slavery was (and believe me that i am totally against) it was very common in those times, even you state in your OP that the African Leaders were involved, of course, the Portuguese didn't need to go inland to get slaves (that's Holywood) at the harbours the Blacks sold Blacks!! Indians sold Indians, that's the way the world worked those days!

-I could go on and on, but do you know why You Native Americans and Africans
know how to write or to manufacture something more evolved than pick up bananas or put feathers in the head from inocent killed birds?

-Do you know why you are using a computer? It was not the ancient kings of africa or your bird gods that give you that, it was a CIVILISATION born in the Mediterrean, with all the errors and mistakes and cruelties ...

Man, like all Americans you really, badly need somme lessons in history, i mean if you really where interested, wich you are not

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ah crap, quoted the wrong poster... sorry

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Gordi while I agree with about 90% of your post, My thread was not started as an intent to bash the EU, or European nations, It was to point out the fact that we are both just as bad, but have been a beacon for liberty (sometimes it looks like the exact opposite.) America since WWII (along with G.B. Love ya) have been at the front of the fight for Liberty for 60 Years now, And while some see it (Iraq) as a war of money we (America) have spent way too much money there and haven’t received any money in return. France and a few other nations in the lead up to the war had very lucrative deals with Saddam, they knew that when we attacked they would lose said deals. Also France since they got a major arse kicking by the Germans in both world wars have been looking for a way counter Americas Power... They found it in the EU, don’t look at America when it’s the French who are Notorious for back stabbing. (See when they left NATO)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
About time someone spoke up in a meaningful way. But the truth is, we are all human, and we are called Earthlings, Terrans, Solians. I just wish we could find a way to become one without the fear of oligarchy. Good post!

you just taked it from my head
were all one family but because of monetary system we fight with each other to survive and we are working for the elites , or purpose it's way off the course

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by creaton91

I dont watch Red -Eye so I am not familar with what you are mention, I know Canada is an American Cousin and like must families we fight amongest each other but we promise you this, "will burn the bitch you get us pissed" Tupac

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Earth to centurion

It all started with Bush,and you know what mate Obama is still a puppet

dont be so bloody patronising,we all know Bush isnt there anymore and most of us can see through Obama

What is it with the internet that makes people post so rudely?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mcmauro

Apparently you did not get what I wrote nor the subsequent postings since. Welcome and thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

No point in being so dramatic.

Im European.. but Im also Irish..

Never had an Empire.. Subjected to mass ethnic cleansing for hundreds of years.. Mass emigration, death, oppression and sorrow is pretty much our complete history for the past 800 years.

You gonna tell me that I have to take the blame for the past crimes of other European empires?

Then stop referring to "Europeans" when you talk about these crimes and this history.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

anyday mate
Just remember that its too easy to read anti english/american comments on this site when people are normaly reflecting on our piss poor politicians.

Its a shame that we,the people are judged unfairly by our so called leaders!

Were all the same,no matter the colour of our skin.We just want to get paid fairly for the work we do and have fun in our life

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

It all started with Bush,and you know what mate Obama is still a puppet

So, I'm asking; what's the statue of limitations for bashing us about Bush?

dont be so bloody patronising,we all know Bush isnt there anymore and most of us can see through Obama

Won't have to "be so bloody patronising" if people start posting like they really understand what that means.

What is it with the internet that makes people post so rudely?

It let's people from europe and elsewhere try and badger Americans on issues they know little or nothing about.

For example, want to discuss how long you're government will allow you to keep your forks and spoons? I've heard banning tableware because of the potential violence makes sense to many in the UK, even though about 99% of Americans think it's ludicrous. Was that being too patronizing for you?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

I fought in Vietnam, and I HAVE talked to many, many Vietnamese.

There's no animosity. It was war.

What part are you having trouble with?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
On ignore sunshine,I have far better things to do with my time than waste any more of it with you

have a nice life

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Probably not, it's just my 0.02 Euros

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Man americans are so self centered.

you cant help being born in the country you was so
am i supposed to feel bad because of what some crazy guys did back in the day?

Get over yourselved america its really tiring, ATS is really annoying me these days with all the american #e being shoveled on here.

Did you ever stop to think why it is that most of the world hates america?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Hey I'd have a beer with you...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh and europe isnt a nation, you might do well to to read a book sometime.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why do they even bother you? Let them throw their two pents in.

I actually traveled europe last summer for 4 weeks because I had never been outside the Americas, and my girlfriend wanted to so badly. I mean we went to almost every country west of Romania. The only thing I enjoyed was the sheer volume of history. But thats only accredited to the fact that I am a huge history fanatic. When the sun went down we could never have a good time because the people were just too different. I cant even really explain it, but their level of arrogance makes me look like Gandhi. The people who werent insanely arrogant, carried themselves in a way that reminded me of a child. This doesnt even include Paris as I only visited Normandy while traveling through france.

Not saying they owe us anything, but weve given the WORLD, not just our own country, ALOT of commodities. A few that come to mind are: flight, computers, windows, affordable automobiles, telephone, light bulbs, microwaves, denim, toilet paper, an infinite supply of otherwise absent culture, etc, etc, etc.

Europeans are also very, very bad Halo players.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

On ignore sunshine,I have far better things to do with my time than waste any more of it with you

have a nice life

judging by your avatar, I believe you.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join