It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desire to destroy Christianity

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psyagra
Sorry for the double post ... but I just remembered I had this and thought it quite pertinent to this thread ...

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

www.evilbible.com...

Edited to replace the word "idiot" with "person" in 3 above ... sorry - not my words ... something I came across some time ago and though to share it here is all.

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Psyagra]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

Thanks for the mod edit and heads up on the link to be reviewed. I actually got this on email from a friend and didn't know the source.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

THE MATRIX IS JUST A MOVIE! Like Bugs Bunny and Deep Throat

My God, how many time do I have to say I am not changing so PLEASE STOP RESPONDING WITH THE SAME STUFF! ENOUGH!

Just wondering why a self-proclaimed Chrisitian would use "Deep Throat" as an example of a movie when there are oodles of others to choose from ... and isn't saying "My God, how many ..." blasphemy and/or using your God's name in vain?

I just don't get why you become so ANGRY at the responses you've received on your questions. If you're not going to like or even consider the answers, then don't ask the questions.

But you did ask the questions ...

So, methinks you, and others who are angered by some of our responses, are far from convinced about your religion and are not 100% committed Christians. I say this because if you were, you would not get so upset about what others have to say about your religion or when they point out the most obvious of flaws and contradictions in your religion.

Again - I think this is as a result of your own awakening to the real truth about man-made religions ... the anger you feel is not anger at us ... it as anger at yourself and at those who were responsible for you believing in something that clearly is untrue or at the very least very skewed.

Been there done that. Yes, it does anger one when you realize that something as fundamental as a belief system is based on nonsense ... but you will get over it and the truth WILL set you free ... free from persecution, free from lies and deceit, free from guilt, free from fear, and free from anger towards people who differ with your point of view and religious convictions.

PLURAL

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
There is only one God and He is the God of the Jews and the Christians. All others worship a god they themselves believe to be gods, and then some refuse to believe in any god or God. But in the end, God is still God and the Jews and the Christians will follow Him.

I think a distinction should be made between using the word "God" and "Our Creator" ... the god of the Bible is not the Creator of all that is and neither is he the only God that existed in his time. He even acknowledges that there were other gods around by saying that no other gods may be worshiped except him.

If he was the only god, his saying that we should have no other gods would be kinda silly ... no? Furthermore, he says that he is a jealous god ... so if there were no other gods, what could he be jealous of?

My belief is that "Our Creator" is also the creator of the gods we read about in the Bible, in Summarian history etc.etc. My belief is that "Our Creator" has no jealousy, vengeance, hatred or any of all the bad qualities the god of the Bible has. All human qualities mind - and ones that the god of the Bible forbids us to commit - but does so himself. (huh?)

Our Creator is bigger than that and while I do believe that the gods spoken of in the Bible may well be "higher" (said with reserve) evolved entities that presented themselves to us as gods and squabbled amongst one another for our slavery to them, none of them are the one true God - the creator of all things ... in fact, I don't like the word "God" precisely because when one uses the word, different people perceive different things. Our Creator is not an entity that requires obedience and subservience to him/her/it ... The essence of Our Creator is LOVE ... Unconditional love and he/she/it wants us to live this life to the fullest ... Our living life is part of an expression of him/her/itself.

We know that the god of the Bible unleashed vengeance, disease, death and untold suffering upon people who did not comply with his wishes, desires and demands ... all PHYSICAL attacks on our person. There is no evidence that he has any hold or dominion over our souls ... over our spiritual beings ... and therein lies the rub.

Edited to add this link ... a thread I started a while back about these very issues and where you can read more of my ramblings about this stuff.

[edit on 23/10/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Psyagra

Just like DUCK...You win. This is well beyond beating a dead horse. We see the flaws ( It is impossible to rise from the dead, God nuked Gomorrah and hates gays, if you don't believe in Jesus you will go to hell...) As a flawed human, I will ignore the truth you have shared and keep following the crooked path of believing in a kind and loving God who only wants people to love each other.

Christianity is a man made religion.

We all get it now. You win, you win...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I really didn't view this thread as a competition to be won or lost. You are of course entitled to believe what you want and live your life as you please.

I just wish you would be more open to other interpretations and notions about the Christian faith ... and other religions also. In an earlier post you mentioned that we were knocking a religion that is 2000 years old and followed by several billion people around the world. What I got from that was that you were saying that if so many people have been following the religion for so long, then it must be right and true.

Your response ...

As a flawed human, I will ignore the truth you have shared and keep following the crooked path of believing in a kind and loving God who only wants people to love each other.

... is exactly why this and other religions have survived for so long and why so many people have been sucked into them

Thank you for the lively conversation and debate.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
this thread was destined for a fight. as all religions do when clashed together with dissagreements. can we all agree that something came fom the sky, dropped us, left us with some knowledge, and voila. people! almost every ancient civilization across the world says the same thing. thomething came, left, we wrote it down. yay, history. finally some historical note not bent by lies!! Dx all lies i tell you!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
haha, thomething. i'm a genius.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

I'm thure you meant "geniuth" ... no?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's just lame and annoying to keep arguing about religion, no one can prove or disprove religion and I'm pretty sure no one wants to. We only have these arguments because of fear.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
People see what they want to see.

The OP complains that nobody bashes Islam but everyone bashes Christianity. I've seen threads complaining about the exact polar opposite. I've seen people of every creed (that includes athiests, too), complaining about how unfairly their faith (or lack of faith) is treated. "Waaaaaaah, poor me poor me, nobody understands, everyone hates us."

Get over it and grow up, people. Sticks and stones, etc.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
People see what they want to see.

The OP complains that nobody bashes Islam but everyone bashes Christianity. I've seen threads complaining about the exact polar opposite. I've seen people of every creed (that includes athiests, too), complaining about how unfairly their faith (or lack of faith) is treated. "Waaaaaaah, poor me poor me, nobody understands, everyone hates us."

Get over it and grow up, people. Sticks and stones, etc.

What I said was "When there are complaints about Islam it is shut down."

WHat I am asking for is the same respect you demand of your opinion.

Review how many times the word "RETARD" is used to describe religion.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Deleted as im not going to be drawn into a pointless argument

[edit on 28/10/09 by Darkside Agent]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This Op has been through the wringer...,

Some have shown graceful restraint and some have been less sociable than others; but in the end I must repeat a small proviso that makes this kind of conversation sustainable and productive.

I am asking that everyone who wishes to contribute remember;

1. Do not address the person - address the message
  2. If you insist on asking cynical questions or making leading statements laden with ironic content - don't expect an answer; in fact, if your intent is to be disrespectful for the purposes of diminishing the person you are addressing, or to try and be delightfully irreverent - expect to be called on it.
  3. recognize that everyone's opinion is based on their experience and understanding - thus it is impossible to be 'wrong.'
  4. If you are compelled to post, say what you mean; and ask for rather than demand feedback.

The OP intended to comment on his or her perception of the overall negativity towards Christianity he observes in his world (of which you are necessarily part.)

If you wish to discuss dogma or particular faith messages, perhaps that is for another thread?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The desire to destroy Christianity

An new post SCREAMS "A SERIOUS FLAW IN THE BIBLE"

Posts stating Christianity is the MATRIX. And on and on... I know this has been discussed before but I would love an answer...

Why is Chrisianity seemingly seen as the "Great Satan" in the world?

I guess if you are a Christian, you know the answer. It is prophesied that Christ and Christianity would again become a target like in the days of the Roman Empire.

But in a contemporary sense, we did it to ourselves.

Oh yes, the mixing of religion and politics was a very noxious soup. Good Christians who had no wish other than to spread peace, signed up with the political likes of that fallen empire and today, they are saddled with that stigma.

Life is a good teacher and it is clear that the good is always taken down by the weight of the bad. There was never any way that mixing the teachings of Christ with politics, was ever going to result in anything but sorrow.

Now, I cannot and will not try to speak for all Christians. But for myself... I hold to the Gospel of Christ as a roadmap to human salvation. Not through submission, but through success. There is nothing in the New Testament that would cause us to hate our enemies or despise our foes, To the contrary, we are taught to turn the other cheek.

Christianity was hijacked by the politcals and their numbers used (if not abused) for temporary gain. The result today is a general falling of favor of Christians, as one will clearly see on this site, with the animosity displayed towards them.

Christians, in an effort to create a better world, foolishly fell to those who used them to their own ends. In fact, the same thing is still happening in Islam, where a perfectly good and peaceful people are being raised to a war against the Christians.

Now... I am not the perfect image of faith. I am not a church going person. But to me, the picture is obvious and the path of the future laid down in spite and hate and death.

Chances are, this cup will not pass because so many, who rather than try and understand their fellow humans and beliefs, choose to condemn and take sides... honing the script for conflict.

In closing... it is a shame because Christians are no one's enemy just as Islam is no ones enemy. But we WILL be led... and we will raise armies in the name of gods we do not serve and for reasons we do not even understand.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Let me worship my God in peace please.

How about?

"Let me not worship your God in peace."

You should have every right to worship your God in peace, just like we non-Christians deserve the right to NOT worship your God, or be bombarded with people trying to recruit us.

For example, I have a relative that carries around Christian pamphlets and distributes them everywhere she can. It's quite embarrassing to me. I once went to dinner with her and she put a pamphlet in along with her payment. She brought it to the attention of the waitress and tried to recruit her or 'witness' to her as she says. The waitress was not interested at all, and my relative increasingly got more persistant. I was extremely embarrassed. I know not all Christians do this, but the majority that I have known do try recruiting people quite a bit.

I don't want to destroy Christianity. I just don't want it shoved down my throat.

Good on you for doing all those good deeds.
I really mean that. But you don't have to be a Christian to do good deeds.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Facscinating how this has become simple statments of "...because its stupid."

There has been a smatering of well thought out staments and that has been useful.

I have learned something. I need to apologize to everyone. I honestly was looking for a fight. The nastiness and the kindness were very helpful to my growth as a person and a catholic. You have all taught me that ALL opinions matter if I agree or not.

I will never respond with a snarky answer again.

Go ahead do what you want. I will respond with a smile and a give you the best response I can.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
It's not just Christianity, I have a desire to destroy all organized religion on this planet, then maybe we can get over our hate and fears and everyone get along. But as long as you got a cross, they face mecca or light a menora(spelling?) that won't happen, you won't allow yourself to agree with each other. There is deep seeded hate that is centuries old and it needs to stop, THAT is why organized religion is an abomination of all things peacefull and productive.

I would just like to second that,well put.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Why is Chrisianity seemingly seen as the "Great Satan" in the world?

The Catholic Church is the largest provider of health care, AIDS care, housing in the world.

Evangelicals are providing clean water and educators to third world nations that most of you would not even fly over.

Baptists are treating malaria patients and lepors.

Even in the mythologies of JeZeus Satan offers JeZeus all the world but the offer doesn't come without a hefty price tag. Jesus must bow down and worship him. The same is true of the church. They aren't helping out of the goodness of their hearts. Their intent is to subjugate you. The same is true to varying degrees of most religions. Their aim is not to free you but to place you in bonds.

Thanks but no thanks. I don't need that kind of "help".

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

You have a very odd understanding of Chrisianity as a self proclaimed Christianity.

Jesus was killed BECAUSE HE PROCALIMED HIMSELF the son of God.

Jesus did not proclaim himself as the son of god. Knowing that the ten commandments says "thou shalt have no other gods before me", Jesus would not have committed such a heretical act. He never expected himself to be worshipped. He never behaved in such an arrogant fashion as to make himself out to be special or above others.

If you do the research, you will find that 88 times in the new testament, Jesus refers to himself as the "son of MAN".

During the time of Jesus, people believed that Solomon was the son of god. The scriptures also mention Solomon as the son of god.

When Jesus turned over the tables of the money-changers it actually had nothing to do with money or exchange rates, as often reasoned by religious speakers of today. But it did have everything to do with bloody sacrifice.

It has been said that the blood from Solomon's (then Herod's) temple ran knee deep. It was this cult of bloody sacrifice that Jesus attempted to dismantle; not the system of monetary exchange.

He threatened the lucrative livlihood of the organizations that held men in bondage and those who promoted superstitious lies.

Do you really think you can transfer your sins by rubbing the head of a cow? Isn't it rather like the child's game of passing cooties?

It is all a susperstitious lie. And the merchants and religious leaders were making a pile of money on this game.

Jesus was more concerned about the people being misled, but in so doing, he also threatened the lucrative business of the pharisees and merchants and his actions threatened to expose these secret cults for what they were.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

I've traveled all over this great country feeding and clothing people. All this I did in the Name of Jesus.

It seems you have much kindness in your heart and have done a lot to help others less fortunate. These are the actions of love that Jesus taught in that we should lift our brothers.

But what is most important is the spirit in which these things were given.

I find with most religious zealots they require something from the recipients. They may require that the person listen to some ear pounding message of xtian dominionism. Or perhaps the zealot will chastise the lesser for his sins.

When you "give" with the subtle demands that someone convert to your way of thinking, then you are expecting something back from what you have given. It now has an agenda and strings attached of promoting an organization. When you truly give, it is without expectation of anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join