It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desire to destroy Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

why are you so seemingly immune to the atheist fantacisim that is gripping America right now?

Because atheists don't try to convert me to athiesm. Atheists do not stand on street corners or ambush me at social functions and threaten me with hellfire if I have religious beliefs. And when the topic of religion does come up, they're usually fantasically more willing to listen to my perspective than christians are. The simple act of having a conversation with an athiest rather than listening to a sermon from a christian makes atheists tend to be far more comfortable.

Yet somehow when an Atheist or anti-Christian comes out and does something radical, like attempt to eradicate creationism, prayer and other 'Christian' activities from public life, they are seen as a hero, not an extremist. Why?

Radical events are not the source of the angst. It's small, regular, recurring personal experiences. The twin towers may have been destroyed by muslims, but that was a once-in-a-lifetime event that happened a thousand miles away to people I don't know. It doesn't affect me. Christians, on the other hand, are routinely manipulative, and the source of discomfort. For example...you're at a company party, having a good time, when all of the sudden a manager asks for everyones attention and starts a group prayer, and starts babbling about Jesus. Instantly, everyone in the group who isn't christian is uncomfortable. For a good minute, we're compelled by social custom to sit and be quiet and listen about your religion. All the while we're thinking "umm...what am I supposed to do? He's bowing is head. Should I bow my head to? But I'm not christian. I don't want to mislead anyone. But I don't want to be rude either. Even though I think it's extremely rude for him to be putting me in this situation, and I'd really rather be talking to Sally over there and...uh-oh, should I say "amen?" Hmm. Well, too late now. Wait...Sally over there said amen. I know she's not christianm but she said it anyway. In fact, most of the people said amen and I didn't. That's awkward. Was that rude of me? I don't feel like it was rude, I feel like they were being rude by putting me in this whole situation, and it's especially awkward that it was a manager who did this...I mean, I'd like to be up for promotion next week, and now I've just advertised to the christians that I'm not one of them and...and..."

Yes. This is the kind of thing that's going through our head whenever you guys do your group prayers. And stuff like this happens all the time. I've never seen a muslim, or a jew, or an athiest, or anyone else pull this kind of stunt. And this is the sort of thing that bothers people. Not "radical" events thousands of miles away that happen to other people.

Here you go: Read the first post of this thread. Watch the video. The performer offers a prayer to satan at a public event. Imagine how uncomfortable that would make you.

Now think about how often christians talk about jesus in public.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am a Christian. Why do non Christians fear and hate me?

Why do people want to change me and not allow me to practice my religion?

Why blame me and my fellow Christians for the ills of this world.

I've spent much money and many hours going to work with people with snotty noses that smelled like a septic tank.

I've administrated worm medicine to people with sores on their bodies.

I've helped rebuild homes devastated by hurricanes because their governments won't do anything to help these people.

I've held babies in my arms and fed them knowing that when our team left the child would eventually die from lack of food and care.

All this I did on foreign shores.

In the USA I've helped repair leaky roofs for the underprivileged. They had no windows but at l;east we could help keep them dry.

I've traveled all over this great country feeding and clothing people. All this I did in the Name of Jesus.

I have 4 teen age grandsons that my country will probably send to a senseless war.

I pay my taxes and earn my money.

Tell me again why you hate me. Tell me why you hate my God that I dearly love and honor.

I don't care if you want to worship a cow, or any other thing you call your God. I respect and honor your right to worship any God you want to.

All I ask is to be not harmed or ridiculed because I believe in the Trinity.

Let me worship my God in peace please.

OP this is not addressed to you but to the world and it's citizens.

Star and flag for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
reply to post by 12.21.12

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"...make war on the leaders of unbelief...Make war on them: God will chastise them at your hands and humble them. He will grant you victory over them..." (Surah 9:12-)

Enough?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

That is litterally the best discrciption of how we feel during prayers and such I have ever read.

It also bothers me things like my g/f's dad is a very religious man and she is always making sure my personal beliefs dont come out and he finds out. Cause then he woudlnt' support me dating his daughter, or when she met my grandmother for the first time the first thing "nan" asked was, what religion she was, who cares??? Are you supposed to go around this world picking your friends based on what religion they are of if they believe in God, sad existance if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

You OBVIOUSLY are a right wing, racist, war mongering hater.

I wish I had your strenght.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I commend you on a personal level for all your charitable work, you are truely a kind and compassionate person. I could do all the same things you did tho, but I dont believe, so i'm still going to hell in your eyes, thats where the resentment comes from, not from me, i don't resent christians, i resent their religion.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

Enough?

Again you took the words of another and not the words you transalated yourself
Another source about that

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Originally posted by LordBucket
[

If you liberalists are so intolerant to Christian radicals, why are you so seemingly immune to the atheist fantacisim that is gripping America right now? Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian and I believe in spreading God's love, but not in a condemnational way. IN THE SAME ASPECT atheists spread knowledge and science which is GREAT. But yet when a radical Christian makes it to the news or makes his/her way into your life, people explode and point at them, singling them out. Do you know that's called the "pop-out phenomenon"? It's a real term, look it up.

Yet somehow when an Atheist or anti-Christian comes out and does something radical, like attempt to eradicate creationism, prayer and other 'Christian' activities from public life, they are seen as a hero, not an extremist. Why?
Because the ofiial MSM belongs mostly to the multinationals which are atheist-antichristian and that kind of the vision of the world they try to force into your mind...
More they try to make you believe that its spontanic phenomenon, that the people themselves choose atheism/other religions which are more "cool"...
They try to make believable that the todays science is the end, the begining and final explanation for everything...
Sometimes its truly difficult not to suspect to be the part of some satanic conspiracy.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

I commend you on a personal level for all your charitable work, you are truely a kind and compassionate person. I could do all the same things you did tho, but I dont believe, so i'm still going to hell in your eyes, thats where the resentment comes from, not from me, i don't resent christians, i resent their religion.

NO NO NO... You are NOT going to hell for not being a believer. Stop saying that. That is not true.

God is coming "To judge the living AND the dead." He will judge at the time he sees fit and will decide himself. NO ONE on earth can tell you that hell is the direction you are choosing. Not ever. Only God. Stop epeating this lie.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Hi there !!!
Its good to see someone still fighting the hatred and ignorance of the antichristians!!!

Not sure if You will convert somebody but to make them doubt their Atheist Religion)
is in itself the great work!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You guys are a bit too sensitive (speaking about the group prayer thing). It's a part of the culture, forget the religious significance of a group prayer, its part of the culture, no need for it to be awkward. It's like seeing a Christmas tree or something. Seems a bit inept to me. It can be uncomfortable for even some Christians to do group prayer, so not exclusively an atheist issue.

At the "devil worship" video. First I thought it was funny, and second, its for his video game that's came out a couple days ago called "Brutal Legend" for the Xbox360.

One thing I hate though, even among Christians, are the multitude of ideas concerning salvation , sin, resurrection ect. Some think physical resurrection of each Christian, which seems pretty nutty (about the kindest thing I can say), some think the soul leaves after death, some think the soul stays in the dead body until God brings you back, some think there's a hell, some don't, some believe in reincarnation..
It seems like either everyone is a Christian or no one is

[edit on 20-10-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Bridge Over Troubled Tiber: Holy See Welcomes Anglican Christians into Catholic Church

ROME (Catholic Online) - In an absolutely stunning announcement on the morning of October 20, 2009, the Holy See has, by Apostolic Constitution, provided the canonical vehicle for Anglican Christians to be received into full communion with the Catholic Church.

I am not saying ANY religion is better but I had a funny thought when I read this amazingly good news...

"Holy Cow. The Christians are forming a gang. You Christian haters better worry!"

I can't wait for the conspiracy theories to fly after seeing this.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How many people played the game in school or just with friends that went like this

There are 10-20 people in a circle ( I guess number doesnt matter same affect will happen) A long sentence is whispered into the first persons ear
Then that person whisper that into the ear of the next person
and so on and so on

Has it ever turned out the same in the end?
Answer is always No it has been altered and changed
Now take that with any religion it gets altered and changed
New religions pops up

I am not calling your religion wrong. Infact i say it is correct along with any other religion. They all start with the same story

If you look into every religion they are the same

Maybe different names but almost all have the same stories
these stories where then translated by man

Research yourself dont listen to what you are told

You are all equal! You are the same! Your creator is the same!
You OP need to stop dividing People

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Not slamming your personal beliefs at all, just trying to answer one of the questions you posed.

Why is Christianity the Great Satan in the world?

Maybe because Christianity brought Satan to the world?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Rhetoric]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
IMHO, the bible is the so called wool that has been pulled over many people's eyes...

Just my $.01 I cant afford to spend the extra penny...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
Not slamming your personal beliefs at all, just trying to answer one of the questions you posed.

Really...Are you kidding? CHRISTIANITY BROUGHT SATAN TO THE WORLD?!!!

But you are not slamming "personal belief." Mods...please let this poster keep hanging themself.

Mayans did not have a "Satan." Nor the Hindus. Just Christians. Jeeze you are (had to stop myself) interesting.

I would like to thank all of you posters for this illuminating conversation. I believe that sould will be saved by your thoughts here today.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric

Really...Are you kidding? CHRISTIANITY BROUGHT SATAN TO THE WORLD?!!!

But you are not slamming "personal belief." Mods...please let this poster keep hanging themself.

Mayans did not have a "Satan." Nor the Hindus. Just Christians. Jeeze you are (had to stop myself) interesting.

I would like to thank all of you posters for this illuminating conversation. I believe that sould will be saved by your thoughts here today.

You have proved with almost all of your replies here........
That You Are In The Matrix'

Red pill or blue?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

So...your belief is true. Mine is false. Ok.

I will pray for you to find the peace you seem to not have in your life.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So...your belief is true. Mine is false. Ok.

I will pray for you to find the peace you seem to not have in your life.

When did i say that?

In fact it is you who are saying you are correct everyone else is wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, “The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’”

Later, before Pontius Pilate, “The Jews insisted, ‘We have a law, and according to that law He must die, because He claimed to be the Son of God’” (John 19:7).

Enough?

Have you ever heard of the quote " lost in translation "

Try converting some English into mandarin and you would be surprised what something in English means to someone in China.

I bet there were many translations from Hebrew and Greek text to the King James 1st bible that were misunderstood.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by colec156]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join