It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Of Nibiru From Across The World!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ok i looked at it, not trying to discredit him, but you have to think with logic also. It could be what looks like planets around a dwarf, but are actually stars at different distances, and the supposed dwarf is a nebula. Not saying this is fact, but it could be that.

Edit to add: How do we know that the poster of the video isn't making up the story about calling the state government and being threatened. Without that proof its anybodies guess

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

You have to remember that STEREO B is 60º behind us in orbit around the Sun. You need to allow for that when using an orrery.
Here are the current positions of the STEREO satellites and the inner planets. We are seeing Mercury and Venus.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4de18aafc674.gif[/atsimg]
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The "wings" are the effects of sensor oversaturation. Bright light sources cause neighboring pixels to light up, producing that effect.

[edit on 10/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well now...I for one am looking forward to roving around a post apocalyptic world with Thundar the Barbarian.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I really don't get the whole Nibiru thing. No one can seem to agree on the "rules" of seeing it. Either it's there or it isn't. If it's a brown dwarf and it's gravity is going to screw up our planet... wouldn't we have noticed by now? If not the early gravitational effects on the solar system, certainly SOMEONE would be able to see it who isn't linked to the Nibiru movement, whose results can be duplicated. It can't be teleporting around the sun just to screw with us. Amateur astronomers all over the planet are always looking for something new and different. And where does the information about Nibiru come from? I don't mean a link to information, I mean who comes up with the information in the first place.

Usually this type of thing has some big mystery as it's origin. Ancient text from a long dead civilization? A person in the know who is leaking information before the MiB get him? Spiritual guides that may or may not have something to do with hallucinogenic drugs? I'm not mocking this subject, just confused about it. A lot of the information seems nonsensical and counter-intuitive.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wake up people!

So ...... we're either going to be eaten by Sun-dogs or Niburians

" For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible. "

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It all seems a bit ridiculous to me ..

1. How does it even enter our solar system without our sun pulling it into its orbit?
2. What is it orbiting at the moment?
3. If it is orbiting our sun, then why does the elliptical orbit bring it in so close to our planet. Science would suggest it should stay much further out.
4. How do the inhabitants (annunaki??) cope with such extreme weather variations like you would get at the extremities of our solar system then swinging in towards the sun and heating up viciously???
5. How the hell does anyone believe this crap??

[edit on 19-10-2009 by newdarkagenow]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
There was an anomaly that appeared on STEREO-B satellite images 2 weeks ago on the 5th and 6th of October.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

This anomaly in the image may just be dirt or junk on the lens, but I can't really say one way or the other.

Remember that "Brown Dwarfs" neither reflect light like other planets in our solar system, nor do they emit their own light like our sun.

I emailed [email protected] and asked about it.

Can you tell me if that black dot is just a camera glitch/refection, and
what planets are shown?

This is what I got back:

That's a data processing artifact. To make our web images look somewhat 'pretty', we
have to subtract what we call a 'background model' (similar to 'flat fielding' in
astronomy) to minimize that brightness of what we call the "F corona" (which is
essentially a huge dust cloud that centers on the Sun). Anyway, sometimes these
background models don't do a good job of ignoring planets, and so when we subtract
them from the data, they leave a 'shadow'. So that's what the dark thing is -- the
"shadow" of a planet that's in our background model.

By way of proof, you might want to direct folks to the original ("raw") spacecraft
image, prior to us doing any of our processing on it. To get that particular file,
go to this location:
1. stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
and right-click and save/download the file 20090926_212901_s4h1B.fts -- don't try and
view it in the web browser.

Note that this is a "FITS" file -- a scientific data format we use for our images.
You can not view these files like you do jpegs, gifs, etc. You need to have some
kind of software that reads them. Photoshop and Gimp both do, but we prefer an app
called DS9 (hea-www.harvard.edu...)

Anyway, that will show you what the images look like taken directly from the
spacecraft, before we do anything to make them "pretty".

Looks like we have Venus in (or near) the left-hand edge of the HI1-B field of view
on that date. That's what's causing the odd-looking "loop". I think that's Mercury nearer the center of the image. The other brighter objects would be stars.

Best wishes
Karl

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
Doesnt it occur to you guys that this is more likely footage of light anomalies or neighbouring planets? It seems like another one of "those" threads which are devaluing this site.

Actually, it's threads about people revolting against an Obama adminstration ad nauseum that is devaluing this site. The possibility of a dead star returning to make a pass through our solar system is a far more interesting topic and one that built this site up in the early zeroes.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Most of the Vid/Pictures can be explained by optics, flares and normal planetary orbits etc...

However I find a link after playing the last video in your OP interesting here:

It looks like this video you posted hasn't received much attention here.

I would like to hear the lens flare crowd comment on it.

Have you played with google sky? There's a lot of really strange looking things on it.

edit to try to fix quotes

[edit on 10/19/2009 by Pauligirl]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
its a hoax people, started by a bunch of crack pot hoaxers, its not real.......

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

All the questions about galaxies and such are interesting, but we're too far off topic for me. Please feel free to research it or U2U me if you like. =)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06c6f103b630.jpg[/atsimg]

A picture of two galaxies colliding. Not sure where i got it, just been in "my pictures" for awhile. Again, any off-topic comments let's keep to U2U.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by John Matrix

Most of the Vid/Pictures can be explained by optics, flares and normal planetary orbits etc...

However I find a link after playing the last video in your OP interesting here:

It looks like this video you posted hasn't received much attention here.

I would like to hear the lens flare crowd comment on it.

Have you played with google sky? There's a lot of really strange looking things on it.

I, like mischeviouself don't place much stock in any of it, but i watched the video he posted and had a look at it on google sky, thought it looked maybe like compression artifacts or something, until i went to microsoft world telescope and had a look - shortcut is

www.worldwidetelescope.org...

anyone know what that is?

MS telescope view
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a82a7fe409ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Google sky view
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a07b3015ae6c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fetidchimp

Awesome!! Now this thread gets a flag!

Fetidchimp earns the MVP!!

So let's recap, not sure why it took 9 pages to get to anything of actual value (just venting, sorry).

We have a picture of something in space, by two different sources, that appears to look like an asteroid.

Can you post the exact coordinates? Is there more info on this such as trajectory or speed?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Mischeviouself is the MVP, i just watched the video posted and went yeah what is that.

I have emailed an astronomer to see if they can give me some details on what that is.....unless someone in here knows?

This link - www.worldwidetelescope.org...
Then press view shortcut in the top left corner of the site, it should zoom to the spot.

Otherwise -
RA 5H 49M 15s
Dec -4:02:34

I have no other details as i am just some guy that found it interesting

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ever wonder what this existence of ours truely is?

Ever wonder what is really out there?

Ever wonder if maybe, just maybe, humanity is quarantined from all knowledge outside of our planetary sphere due to complex reasoning?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
Ever wonder what this existence of ours truely is?

Consciousness, energy continuum - that's exactly why my name is "notreallyalive"

[I've already made more off-topic posts this thread than anyone ever should lol. So, I'm stopping with that.
]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm starting to believe lol....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Getting interested in some scientific aspect of this, I got all excited to research it, but then I realized I was being stupid.

What do we know about "Nibiru"? Nothing! Do we know it's location, speed, trajectory, size? NO! So looking into the images and locations posted, I compared those to asteroid ephemeris locations, and nothing matched, but since asteroids change position constantly, it means nothing.

But, since nothing is known about Nibiru, I could post this image
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e29f0ce08d41.jpg[/atsimg]

and tell you it's Nibiru and a ton of people would argue over whether I was right or wrong, whether it exists or not.

Until I see scientific proof (including trajectory, size, and speed) with photos to match, I'm not belieiving anything about Nibiru.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i had a vision in my sleep 4 years ago of a enormous red planet/astroid. it took up i say 80 percent of the sky.. possibly less.. but this thing was no joke lol..people will buggggg out... they will see this red golden fiery planet/could be some weird # no 1 knows about lol.. or they do and hiding it.. or its a planet w.e it may be idk to much but yea... lol weird huh

happend my gf at the time thought i was crazy.. when this thing comes shes gonna call me lol

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well hello ppl.

Just read the entire thread and its quite amusing. My perspective on the issue is that we need more research into this whole Nib thing.....

But for what it is, its very interesting reading and makes a great discussion! If this is real then, Im sure as humans has always done will be able to deal with the matter hand....If its not....Then theres nout to worry about!

Anyway.... I could be wrong, but if you guys think thats bad,

YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join