It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in Amer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This whites need to pay for slavery argument is soooo tedious, and here's why.

No black person alive today in the the U.S. was ever a (U.S.) slave and no one knows one or even can know one that was.

And what about all the black immigrants to this country after slavery was abolished?

No white person alive today in the U.S. ever owned a (U.S.) slave and no one knows one or can even know one that did.

If you want to try and blame the "white race" for U.S. slavery, what about all the white immigrants who came here after slavery was abolished, and there were millions upon millions of them. They are the ancestors of many, if not most whites alive today. Totally unfair and even racist to also assign blame to them.

So, when someone talks about "the transgressions of the white race", exactly who are they talking about and why is this not also considered a very racist statement?

link   
reply to post by Edrick

I still stand by what i said! Family Matters was in the 90s i'm talking about today. Hell things looked for black folks in the TV industry during the 90s! From the Fresh Prince of Bel Air to the Cosby Show. You forgot to post clips of Martin while you was on yourtube and i wasn't talking about chinese movies i am talking about movies targeted at black people that have a white person in it to and those movies that have an all white cast with no black people whose target audience is well...white.

Let me quote myself too because i don't want things to get crossed

Okay i'll give you another example then since your ignoring my first one. How is it that a movie whose target audience are black people, i mean movies made today and tomorrow, always have a white person in it? But a movie can come out, with critical acclaim too, that has no black folks in it and no one says anything? Not Al not Jesse! We watch movies too! You know Steve Harvey hit on this when his own TV dropped to the two latino girls in favor of a white girl.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I have no need to prove anything, i clearly stated it was my opinion, based on what you've typed on this thread. Again, not interested in arguing semantics or definitions, i just feel that you're a racist. Get over it. Why do you even care what some evil white person says about you on the internet? There's nothing more to discuss, you feel whites need to "take responsibility" for the past, i already told you what you could do with that notion, very clearly, on my last post. That still stands, buddy.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I already gave two. You get to see images for yourself portrayed on TV in all types of situations. What about black folks then? Don't bother responding to this post because i am not going to respond to what you have to say. I gave two examples and you don't even look at it.

Ciao!

[edit on 20-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
White privilege is an academic construct to explain results between the races when everything else is equal.

Why did so many middle class African Americans take out adjustable rate loans during the housing boom compared to White Americans? Clearly white privilege.

Why do so few African Americans value higher education when compared to their counterparts that are White? Clearly white privilege.

When you compare groups that have been adjusted to eliminate bias and you still get a significantly different result, you can invent a word and explain it away.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I still stand by what i said! Family Matters was in the 90s i'm talking about today.

But I LIKED that show...

You forgot to post clips of Martin while you was on yourtube

That show was so Cliche...

and i wasn't talking about chinese movies i am talking about movies targeted at black people that have a white person in it to and those movies that have an all white cast with no black people whose target audience is well...white.

Yeah... I remember when I want to watch a *FOR WHITE PEOPLE ONLY* movie... and it always has some minority in it...

Like, What the *%&$ people?

I was watching Star Trek the other day... did you know that it has Black people in it?

I mean... WHY?

it's like they are trying to Pander to a broad range of peoples, instead of Just Us Racists or something...

Its puzzling.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Just one question....if 12% are unknown, how do they know they were hate crimes? You gotta love the government

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
"The only way to end racism is to end racism" *IS* an absurd statement.

How is that statement absurd, exactly? My point was that the wrongs of the past will never heal, if fingers continue to be pointed based on skin color to this day. All that does is push otherwise friendly, non-hateful people like myself into a corner and on the defensive. It creates resentment and anger on ALL sides. Either we are all equal, or we are not. It seems that many blacks, have no desire to put the past behind us and move on to a point where skin color has no bearing on our interactions with others. Until they are ready to give up the race card, racism will never end.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Edrick
"The only way to end racism is to end racism" *IS* an absurd statement.

How is that statement absurd, exactly? My point was that the wrongs of the past will never heal, if fingers continue to be pointed based on skin color to this day. All that does is push otherwise friendly, non-hateful people like myself into a corner and on the defensive. It creates resentment and anger on ALL sides. Either we are all equal, or we are not. It seems that many blacks, have no desire to put the past behind us and move on to a point where skin color has no bearing on our interactions with others. Until they are ready to give up the race card, racism will never end.

Well.... if the question is "How do we end Racism?"

Then you have to admit... that explanation "Just end racism" leaves *WAY TOO MUCH* to be desired.

Ya know?

The statement says precisely nothing.

Do you have any SPECIFICS to end racism? How to End this hatred?

How to end the Race Card, the animosity?

Look, I hate to do this... but you have not explained HOW to accomplish your goals here....

-Edrick

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

It wasn't given as an answer to that question, that question wasn't even asked of me. It was given as a statement to say exactly what i explained in my last post. To end racism, this blaming an entire race for the distant past, which is racist, has to stop. That was my point...so how was it absurd since it wasnt even used in the context you assumed it was?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Hmm, i should tell you of the fate of an black show in CBS called City of Angels with Blair Underwood. I could tell you how quick it got cut but...i'm to busy reading the responses on this thread, it's so good!

I don't think i've spent so much time reading everyone's responses before.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

To end racism, this blaming an entire race for the distant past, which is racist, has to stop. That was my point...so how was it absurd since it wasnt even used in the context you assumed it was?

So i suppose the Chinese being pissed at the Japanese because of what occurred during WW2 is racist as well eh? Since your tossing the word racist around i thought it would you if you knew what the word actually means.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

It wasn't given as an answer to that question, that question wasn't even asked of me. It was given as a statement to say exactly what i explained in my last post. To end racism, this blaming an entire race for the distant past, which is racist, has to stop. That was my point...so how was it absurd since it wasnt even used in the context you assumed it was?

Because.... when you begin a sentence with "The only way to end racism is..."

This implies that you have a solution of some sort.

A path to fix the damage, the pain, etc...

The ending to that statement "Is to end Racism" is a complete copout.

You attempted to answer a question, with the inverse of that question.

what I am trying to say, is that your statement would have held the EXACT same weight in an argument about ANYTHING if you had not even uttered it.

WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO END RACISM.

That is the point.

You did not offer anything of value or substance.

I;m sorry if you do not understand (maybe now you do) but I am not debating you on the POINT of your argument...

I am debating the METHODS that you use to accomplish your ends... which are flawed.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by Edrick

Hmm, i should tell you of the fate of an black show in CBS called City of Angels with Blair Underwood. I could tell you how quick it got cut but...i'm to busy reading the responses on this thread, it's so good!

I don't think i've spent so much time reading everyone's responses before.

Did you ever watch "Firefly"?

That show was AWESOME!

It got canceled... unfortunately...

Must be some kind of Evil Black Plot!

-Edrick (Are we past the Windmill yet Doc?)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I still can't fathom how slavery had anything to do with the entertainment industry, hollywood, etc. Again, they produce what sells, nothing more, nothing less. What does it have to do with slavery? Also, where's my cut? You brought up the entertainment industry as an example of how I benefit from slavery, so my benefit is getting to look at more white people on TV? I would much rather have job opportunities given to me solely based on my skin color, or access to a college fund since my whiteness wasn't enough to get me in, and my parents couldnt afford to send me. I'd rather have countless civil rights groups ready to come to my rescue when i'm wronged based on my skin color. Again, blacks are the ones benefitting from slavery now. At best, i get to look at more white people on TV.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You're just too deep for me, i guess.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

And yet you come on here and continually post the academic line of nonsense to justify your views.

Your opinion.

You have yet to provide any historical evidence to back up your claims. When you finally answered my question after repeated challenges to justify your opinion, you couldn't even state one thing that supports your position.

The historical evidence is in the fact we’re having this conversation and in other threads (and I already stated this.) Moreover, if I answered your redundant question, I did state something that supported my position. If you accept it or not is your problem, but let us go back to the original question and look at the answer I gave you:

How do you justify saying? “What I’ve said is the white race, as a whole, has not taken responsibility for past transgressions. This is not finger pointing, this is fact.”

Let us focus on this answer and this answer alone:

And I’m not even talking about reparations for slavery what I’m talking about partly deals with whites taking responsibility in the form of LISTENING, something many of you are quite inadequate at, when people ask you to.

Now R-E-A-D the comments from those who’ve commented on listening. R-E-A-D the comments of those who mention giving money, etc even though I clearly stated I’m not talking about reparations for slavery. R-E-A-D the responses where members stand bold and say they are NOT going to take responsibility for anything while never once addressing that we live in a world where WHITE IS RIGHT.

Not at all, if you had a legitimate reason for your opinion that all whites must take responsibility, you should be happy to explain why.

See above, and I shouldn’t have to explain the obvious.

Just because some whites make poor comments does not justify your attitude against all whites.

What is my attitude against all whites? That whites as a whole have not taken responsibility for their actions? They haven’t! History shows this, the fact congress has to ‘vote’ on a formal apology shows this. If you had taken responsibility, IN THE FORM OF LISTENING, things would certainly not be where they are. But when you stand bold and REFUSE to listen because you want to maintain your status quo and white privilege, you end up making it bad for those who follow. In your insanity you’ve attempted to make it seem as if I hate all white people, but I suggest you read my first post in this thread. You’ll find that white America has not taken responsibility but that PC was given in lieu of taking such responsibility.

justified by historical evidence,

What historical evidence, you have provided none on this thread,

See above.

and in other discussions your historical evidence has been proven wrong

Link please, because I have my links all ready to go.

which is why you try to avoid posting any historical evidence to back up your claims. Instead you supply a list of complaints as if they count as reason.

See above sport.

Who the heck thinks that, I certainly do not. I provide reasons for my opinions, which you do not.

I already addressed this when I mentioned how it extends to other countries. Another member even expounded on it. Stop making false claims and read the replies.

Again, not an explanation that justifies your opinion, only a statement of dislike of other peoples opinions.

This has been addressed.

In closing, read my original post.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

You're just too deep for me, i guess.

As are the undercurrents of Racism that we are trying to abridge...

Best to not let little old Miss. Communication effect our solutions, as the fate of the human race depends upon humanity uniting against the Elite Moneychangers, instead of falling for their traps.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
So i suppose the Chinese being pissed at the Japanese because of what occurred during WW2 is racist as well eh?

Well, yes. Of course it is, unless there are many japanese still alive who committed those attrocities. But to blame the japanese who had no part in it is absurd. And maybe you're right, maybe BIGOT is a better word for EMPIRE and yourself. Like i said, i'm not interested in semantics, you know what point i'm making. You're judging people and assigning blame based on NOTHING but skin color.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I agree with that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join