It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in Amer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

WOO!

This is a good one... thanks Empire!

FROM POET1B

Here is the reality. The only people who benefited from slavery were the wealthy elites.

Wrong, and other members and myself have shown this to be a warped reality that seeks only to distort history and perpetuate mendacious antics.

Yeah... you ARE right Empire...

The wealthy Elites are not the only ones who benefited from slavery.

They benefited the MOST from slavery, this is true.

But They are not the only ones to have benefited from it.

Just ask Obama, Oprah, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Jesse Jackson, Marion Barry, etc, etc, etc....

LOTS of people benefited from Slavery.

-Edrick (Do you really want to go down this road? Cause I'll ride with you if you really want.)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Are you really going to go there? Do you know what his statement was? Here is his exact statement:

Originally posted by 27jd

The only way to eliminate racism, is to ELIMINATE RACISM.

Yes, I am fully aware of what the entire discussion was... I read the whole thread.

I was commenting on your response to his, which as a similie did not make the sense that you intended it to.

I realize (as I did before) that HIS statement was completely empty.

But your response was.... Mislead.

His statement that "The only way to end racism is to end racism" was entirely empty, and pointless.

Your response "The only way to eat a steak, is to eat a steak." was a non-sequitor.

There is only one way to eat a steak, and we all know HOW to eat steak... whereas ending racism is not something that we really know how to do.

Mine was an attempt at constructive criticism to aid you in being understandable...

As miss communications can have disastrous consequences on dialogue and discussion.

Take no offense.. I am merely trying to bridge what I perceive as a communications gap between two individuals (or more) attempting to communicate.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Hold on, i just had my Wheaties this morning

First off get off your high horse chief. Second i want you to list all of the shows that have an all black cast on free tv and Kickin It with Byron Allen or Hot Chocolate are late...late night shows, i'm talking primetime baby! If there are some then i'll admit i was wrong, i have been before and i'm pretty sure i'm wrong at this moment about something, something is the truth as far as we are willing to believe it.

The only example you've given, was the casting of STUPID TV shows I don't even watch.

I'm with EMPIRE on this one, what!? I'm using TV as an example and you respond with "STUPID TV shows I don't even watch"? Read below.

Okay i'll give you another example then since your ignoring my first one. How is it that a movie whose target audience are black people, i mean movies made today and tomorrow, always have a white person in it? But a movie can come out, with critical acclaim too, that has no black folks in it and no one says anything? Not Al not Jesse! We watch movies too! You know Steve Harvey hit on this when his own TV dropped to the two latino girls in favor of a white girl.

Like i said earlier and i'll quote myself

However YOU DO benefit from it whether you like it or not and that's what EMPIRE is trying to tell folks, that you are ACTUALLY BENEFITING from the enslavement and the actual subsequent laws passed to keep black americans segregated and down and from what i've seen that is really a sore spot for some white people on ATS, just suggesting it gets their blood boiling.

just as EMPIRE said all along, you have proven my point with your own words!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Prove your claims buddy. Part of ATS rules is that if you make a claim, you back it up, and so far not one person calling me a racist has done so. On the contrary, in my initial post I made claims before any of you even responded, and you did exactly how I said you would. So are you going to prove your claims or what?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

They were persecuted because they were involved in it at that time. I do not know anyone today that persecutes or blames any Germans that were not involved in the holocaust for the holocaust. Why punish a German soldier today for something another soldier did many decades ago?

I agree with that i think i didn't clarify what i was trying to convey so we can let that past...terrible example on my part.

I guess for the most part most whites don’t feel like they should be held accountable for the actions of those past is because they had nothing to do with it. We have moved on and do what we can within reason to make life better for those of different races. We treat people as we would be treated asking nothing more than we would ask another. If that is not enough I do not know what else to say aside from “oh well”. What really do you want from me? Really what do you want? I have my own daily life issues to deal with other than being hung up on the atrocities of the past. You cannot change the past but we can work toward having a better tomorrow, the only way to do that is to forgive the past and let it stay while remembering it so that it does not repeat itself.

I agree with that in part. But you have to remember that they way things are today are because of what happened in the past, it builds on it. That's all!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by Soloist

The problem with this statement is that the white race, as a whole, is NOT responsible for those past transgressions. Specifically slavery, since that seems to be what you're alluding to.

Okay, so then the Germans themselves as individuals and as a whole aren't responsible for Holocaust. Like you said, why hold the actions of a few against the whole eh? So why then did they prosecute German soldiers that participated? They could have just...left right?

Wow.

What a horribly lame comparison. Good job.

Maybe re-read the post? We were talking about an entire race, whites, which as a whole is NOT responsible for slavery.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

These people didn't

Emmett Till
en.wikipedia.org...
James Byrd
Amadou Diallo

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Who said whites were wholly responsible for slavery?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Second i want you to list all of the shows that have an all black cast...

I really liked that show... Especially Urkel (sp?)

How is it that a movie whose target audience are black people, i mean movies made today and tomorrow, always have a white person in it?

Why is it that a movie whose target audience is white people have black people in it?

I remember a movie I watched one time... called Once upon a time in china... Set in CHINA... target audience CHINESE people... and it had BRITISH ACTORS IN IT!

HOW DARE THEY!

You people are funny.

-Edrick

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by Edrick

These people didn't

Emmett Till
en.wikipedia.org...
James Byrd
Amadou Diallo

Neither did Christopher Newsom, or Channon Christian.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Soloist

Who said whites were wholly responsible for slavery?

If that is not what you were alluding to, then please explain these "past transgressions" that the entire white race is supposed to have been responsible for.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

You just gave the same example, but this time in the form of movie casting? WTF? I don't give a RATS @ss about entertainment, they do whatever sells. Maybe white people in general watch MORE TV, and go to MORE movies? I dunno. What about sports teams, and the music industry? Plenty of blacks in both of those industries. But you guys are SO obsessed with skin color, that everything you do seems to revolve around it, always looking for how many black people there are in any given situation, it's pathetic really. Again, please give me an example of how I have benfitted from slavery.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Why do you keep misreading what has ben posted? I clearly told him his words were illogical and provided another absurdity to compare and contrast it to. There was no need for me to do as you suggested as it was never my intention. My intention was to compare something absurd to something equally absurd.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Up until the point of their deaths they didn't.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

I've explained this. Read the entire thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

White priv up to the point of their death.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

Why do you keep misreading what has ben posted? I clearly told him his words were illogical and provided another absurdity to compare and contrast it to. There was no need for me to do as you suggested as it was never my intention. My intention was to compare something absurd to something equally absurd.

Yes, I UNDERSTAND THAT.

What you have to realize is that you FAILED in comparing something absurd, to something absurd.

"The only way to end racism is to end racism" *IS* an absurd statement.

"The only way to eat steak, is to eat steak" *IS NOT* an absurd statement.

You are trying to highlight the absurdity of a Statement by comparing it to a COMPLETELY LOGICAL STATEMENT.

Do you see what I mean?

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

And yet you come on here and continually post the academic line of nonsense to justify your views.

You have yet to provide any historical evidence to back up your claims. When you finally answered my question after repeated challenges to justify your opinion, you couldn't even state one thing that supports your position.

I’m justified by the fact we’re even having this conversation,

Not at all, if you had a legitimate reason for your opinion that all whites must take responsibility, you should be happy to explain why.

justified by the comments made in this thread and those where black people are ridiculed,

Just because some whites make poor comments does not justify your attitude against all whites.

justified by historical evidence,

What historical evidence, you have provided none on this thread, and in other discussions your historical evidence has been proven wrong, which is why you try to avoid posting any historical evidence to back up your claims. Instead you supply a list of complaints as if they count as reason.

justified by the fact we live in a world where WHITE IS RIGHT,

Who the heck thinks that, I certainly do not. I provide reasons for my opinions, which you do not.

and justified by the “get over it” attitude of many white Americans and people of European ancestry.

Again, not an explanation that justifies your opinion, only a statement of dislike of other peoples opinions.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

White priv up to the point of their death.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

Yup... and Emmett Till, James Byrd, and Amadou Diallo benefited from slavery RIGHT up to their death.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Not like the average white person.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join