It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in Amer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Maybe they think GOD is a Hindu and it is your Karma of the White race that needs sorting out so they just don't complain.

When I was a Kid it was about black teens jumping the cue at school or nightclubs, because of the knowledge of how Americans treated blacks on Buses and the race card was used and they knew someone deprived enough to start a fight over it, and because we are white we had to pay for our grandads crimes, even if he was American and mine was European.

I was even lectured once as a kid by a teen about how we must pay for the White crimes of the past, I am not even proper British, so I said, it's hard for all of us, he was trying to sell me something talking me into it. He did convince me I brought something from him and when I did he made fun of me when I fixed them on my skateboard for they were warnout rubber skatboard wheels, but they were ok for me and did not mind, I thought he was arrogant.

But anyway the media and race relations alike make out like Karma should be served, well if that is the case go to Thailand or admit Buddha is real, otherwise stop backlashing it and feeling guilty, the more you stir it up the more hate it brings and the switch never stops turning, the plot gets more immature in how stories of sensationalism is fixed on one idea.

Like how the Brazillian in London Shot by the UK police, the world knew about it, but they won't report the 30,000 murders in Brazil and how many cops get away with it when they do the same.

Yes it can be a biast outlook, maybe because somethings need to be researched or followed up more.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

You can explain it away, and I will. Just 60 years ago there were still a bunch of white people going around with sheets on hunting black people. The difference between blacks and other groups is that black people are still discriminated against today. This discrimination may not be out front like it was in the past but it is still there in many ways.

There is a pricing barrier which almost acts as a wall in some cities. Then we see intercity schools which are underfunded don't attract the quality of teachers needed to educate the children.

Now, don't jump all over what I am about to say because I and attempting to tell the truth. The black community does need to pull itself up. Parents need to teach their children to do well in school, and please, please, lets teach them safe sex! It's hard enough for the black community already, we don't need to paint a targets on our backs.

Another thing that needs to change is this "black mentality" that everybody assumes black people have (black people especially!). For example, when Obama was running for president, the buzz in the black community was, is he black enough? What is that supposed to mean?

There is a lot of work that must be done on both sides.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

Read it and you'll see what they mean by unknown.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

What is my attitude against all whites? That whites as a whole have not taken responsibility for their actions? They haven’t! History shows this

I know EXACTLY what you mean...

Like when black people, As a race, apologized for the Murder of Channon Christian, and Christopher Newsom.

Like when black people, as a race, apologized for the horrible atrocities in Darfur.

Like when black people, as a race, apologized for the Widespread economic catastrophes, and mass starvation in Zimbabwe.

Can you do me a Favor, EMPIRE, and show me that Statement from the NAACP where they apologize for every bad thing that dark skinned people have done?

I think it would help our argument here.

You know... Justifying the moral high-ground and all.

-Edrick (88 MILES PER HOUR!)

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I never said that racism doesn't exist.

But the different outcomes of groups that have been normed needs to be explained away ....hence white privilege.

When I was in real estate, I worked with anyone. Color didn't matter to me. I had loan officers coming to me to try to get me to get some of my clients of color to come and talk with them. Why? Because they wanted more people of color to take out loans. The lenders were actively recruiting people of color.

So why weren't they buying houses in portion to their numbers in society? That's where academics invent a term to explain different outcomes.

That's why I don't buy into white privilege. I think that it's an invented term.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
For example, when Obama was running for president, the buzz in the black community was, is he black enough? What is that supposed to mean?

Very interesting point you bring up. Should Obama take responsibility for, and blame half of himself for the past? Where does his white half fit in to the equation? Another interesting point, black people in America aren't even black it seems, almost all have white genes and it is apparent when you see an "african-american" standing next to an african.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by EMPIRE

I have no need to prove anything, i clearly stated it was my opinion, based on what you've typed on this thread. Again, not interested in arguing semantics or definitions, i just feel that you're a racist. Get over it. Why do you even care what some evil white person says about you on the internet? There's nothing more to discuss, you feel whites need to "take responsibility" for the past, i already told you what you could do with that notion, very clearly, on my last post. That still stands, buddy.

Listen, you're claiming I'm a racist yet you and others have provided not one piece of evidence to suggest it. I can quote statements I've made that OPENLY show I'm not a racist (refer to my first two posts in this thread), yet you and others? I ask you to do it and you tell me you have no need to prove anything? You are entitled to feel how you want, but you're beyond keeping your feelings to yourself and have openly called me a racist. PROVE IT! I did not say whites need to take responsibility for the past. I said whites, as a whole, have not taken responsibility for their actions.

In closing, stop making claims without any proof, and openly calling members racist and such is most likekly a violation of ATS rules (especially when you refuse to back your claims that the person is a racist.)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I've addressed this lunacy pages ago. You're relying on a fallacy (I'm sure you know which one)

No, it is not good for race relations or society when you cite instances of violence of one group but not mention what the other is doing. It does nothing but stir racial hostilities and create situations where the cycle repeats itself.

In closing, use this situation to create positive talks about race relations and then implement whatever was learned so it creates a better place for your children and their children. Don't, however, use this situation to peddle your own agenda (like leaders on both sides)

In other words, you make the effort to reach out and rectify the situation your people caused and you don't tolerate those how would hinder progress. Contrary to what you believe, or what you may want to think, you benefit from the problem and in some cases, don't even realize you benefit from it..

No, contrary to what you believe, in this case you are either directly or indirectly responsible for the actions of others because you are the main beneficiaries of systematic racism and institutional deviance..

No, you may not have directly committed the acts but if you benefit from it why not address it? Moreover, where is your compassion as a human being? If I knew my brother wronged someone, or my grandfather wronged someone, I would never stand bold and tell the person wronged that, "I didn't do it I'm not responsible.", especially if I benefit from the actions of the offending party..

It is pure foolishness to think people who feel they are oppressed are going to just "get over it", and many of those who are in a state of comfort are the ones who make claims that people are constantly blaming others. Address the issues pertaining to why one party is being blamed and then you can possibly move forward. Until all issues are addressed on both sides, and people get off this "get over it" lunacy, nothing will change.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Listen, you're claiming I'm a racist yet you and others have provided not one piece of evidence to suggest it.

Once again, not claiming, opining, if that's even a word.

Opinion-

An opinion is a belief that may or may not be backed up with evidence, but which cannot be proved with that evidence. It is normally a subjective statement and may be the result of an emotion or an interpretation of facts; people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts.en.wikipedia.org...

In closing, stop making claims without any proof, and openly calling members racist and such is most likekly a violation of ATS rules (especially when you refuse to back your claims that the person is a racist.)

Again, i don't need to back anything. It's my opinion, and i'm entitiled to it. If you feel i'm breaking ATS rules, take it up with a mod, friend.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 20-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
for those blaming whites for slavery. they seem to forget that it was fellow tribesmen back in africa that sold or traded their fellow man it the first place.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

So every single African sold into slavery was done so by a tribesman? LOL! Someone needs a history lesson.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Race is only skin deep. There are always explanations in why one race is not doing as well as another. This is where social studies and statistics come into play. I am not going to pretend like I have the whole problem mapped out, but I can give a few factors.

From study's in psychology we know that there is a massive amount of socialization that makes us who we are. A good amount of this socialization comes before children even enter school. Basically, if your parents didn't graduate from college it lowers the chances that you are going to go to college. Also, take a look at the people you are going to school with. If the people around you are not going to college it's going to lower the chances that you are going to college. There are always going to be those who will set their goals higher but for the most part it's a statistics game.

The two main factors are early childhood socialization and education. Racism comes into play later in life.

I didn't mean to say that you didn't think racism existed, I am just saying it's parts of the problem. Maybe not for somebody who has something to sell, but in the job market or when it's time for promotions.

btw, sorry to cut this short. I have to head out.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Styki]

link   

reply to post by Edrick

I've addressed this lunacy pages ago.

No, you didn't

You say that the White race as a whole should take responsibility for their transgressions.

And I have had no apology from the black race as a whole, for that lunch that was stolen from me in high school by a black guy.

I DEMAND MY APOLOGY AND REPARATIONS FROM THE BLACK RACE AS A WHOLE!

Because it was a VAST black Conspiracy that perpetrated the theft of my lunch.

Don't try to pass it off as just one guy, acting alone...

He was BLACK!

THEY ARE ALL GUILTY!

-Edrick

link   
reply to post by 27jd

So if it is your opinion, state it is your opinion. Don't openly call someone something simply because you feel your opinion is correct. Because when you do that, I have THE RIGHT to ask you to prove your claim that I am a racist. Take heed to the following.

What you should have done: "In my opinion you're a racist."

How I would have replied:

"OK you are entitled to your opinion."

What you actually did:

"You're a racist"

What I am within my right to say:

PROVE IT!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Thank God I can look at your posts with a smile.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So every single African sold into slavery was done so by a tribesman? LOL! Someone needs a history lesson.
not saying every person sold into slavery was done by their own kind but a lot were. btw i know of white people that were slaves in the south during those awful times.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

Thank God I can look at your posts with a smile.

I have that effect on people....

If you can't keep your sense of humor in an argument... then you have already lost, I say!

But seriously now....

You don't see why trying to get the "White Race" as a whole to apologize for the actions of a few White people is a bit.... absurd?

In all honesty.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Firefly is awesome have you seen the movie? I thought it was pretty good myself considering the cast (not million dollar actors).

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

As I've pointed out to another member in another thread, you have to look at the customs of certain African tribes and how they viewed slaves. Were they practicing a form of chattel slavery or did they treat there slaves (and P.O.W’s) in a different way? Did some of them know they were doing 'wrong'? By all means yes, especially those who did so on the behalf of the Portuguese, but don’t make it seems as if the majority of Africans were sold into slavery by other Africans. In regards to your comments about whites being slaves, yes it happened, but in those instances (which are equally wrong) did millions of people die, and were entire cultures and tribes wiped out?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join