It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am i.............

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Shift happens.

Could be a timeline shift. Could be mold, radon, or carbon monoxide creating the spinning feeling. Could be more of a chakra or kundalini thing too.

I had carbon monoxide and mold in my house, hospitalized me for 3 weeks, not a fun thing, although I also experienced some weird "spiritual" stuff that to this day I feel was an important part of it (others would just dismiss it as mold issues...but ok). It was so strange that it lead me to read up on other topics, many which I had never heard of before until they "popped" into my head spontaneously (very strange..)

11:11 is a real phenomenon, IMO, here's a good place to read about it:

1111spiritguardians.com

I see 11:11 and 1:11 almost daily, it's a bit weird.

While I would definitely have a physical checkup just to be sure, it is strange about the newspaper thing.

And I personally do not think if your "older" self came by to speak to you that you would appear to be speaking to the air. I am of the opinion we exist in a multiverse with different parts of our soul experiencing all kinds of different things simulatenously...as time is not linear.

Besides the check up, I would start learning how to meditate and to "go with the flow." Fighting the weird feelings can make you feel weirder. Stay grounded, go outside in nature, and keep doing normal things. Take it as a sign to wake up, but don't be foolish and ignore any physical or medical sources of this as well, especially considering the issues with your son that arose.

For more on timeshifts:

www.starfiretor.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

my friend, have you ever seen the movie Dark City? do it.....

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To give my honest opinion on the initial story, I think you were reaching out to YOURSELF. Not in a time-traveller scenario but more subconciously I suppose. Perhaps the circle is a trend in your life. I'm just clutching at straws here. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I think that this "old man" is a subconcious image of yourself just relating the circular nature of life. Once you really step forward and start changing your own life for the better, as well as the lives of those around you, you will notice it. That circle will become, I don't want to say linear....or broken....but....NOT a circle. Again, if you understand then you understand. If I'm wrong, it's definitely not the first time.

Best of luck to you and your family.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hi all..

Thanks for the comments.
My son turned 18 yesterday, and has to be looked at by Dr's over the next year. he partied hard the other night, no bad after effects.

As for me.

well i posted this the other day.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

so i am STILL out of sorts.
i am lost in life and am at a crossroads.
been tested recently, clean bill of health.
couldnt be any better.

SOMETHING

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Also.

i am relating to this song here recently.

i can sing, and am starting lessons soon.
i think music is my place and i need to express myself.

love this song though.
if you have spotify, listen to the better sounding version.

LYRICS : boy can i relate ...

Saw the world turning in my sheets and once again I cannot sleep.
Walk out the door and up the street; look at the stars beneath my feet.
Remember rights that I did wrong, so here I go.
Hello, hello. There is no place I cannot go.
My mind is muddy but my heart is heavy. Does it show?
I lose the track that loses me, so here I go.
Ooohhhh ooooohhh ooooooohh
And so I sent some men to fight, and one came back at dead of night.
Said he'd seen my enemy. Said he looked just like me,
So I set out to cut myself and here I go.
I'm not calling for a second chance,
I'm screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason but don't give me choice.
'Cause I'll just make the same mistake again.
Ooohhhh
And maybe someday we will meet, and maybe talk and not just speak.
Don't buy the promises 'cause, there are no promises I keep.
And my reflection troubles me, so here I go.
'Cause I'll just make the same mistake,
'Cause I'll just make the same mistake again.
Ooohhhh ooooohhh ooooooohh oooooooohhh
Saw the world turning in my sheets oooooooohhh and once again I cannot sleep oooooooohhh Walk out the door and up the street;
look at the stars. oooooooohhh
Look at the stars fall down. oooooooohhh
And wonder where oooooooohhh did I go wrong.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by shauny]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Glad to hear from you again, I have not seen you since your OP...srry

But anyways glad to see your, figuring things out, hope this don't derail you but I'm retired "37 years old" and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up

I had the hardest time just letting myself get out there, and not be affraid to make decisions, "you can change your mind!"

Try music out it is good it never leaves you, its like riding a bike, I fall back on my git-picker every now and then, for personal searching..

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Shauny .. Have you tried looking for the July 2, 1973 edition of The Sun to see if it exactly matches the version that you found on the table that the old man was reading?

It would be interesting to verify a match. Prior to this event, had you ever seen a copy of the newspaper?

Also, someone mentioned that the old man could be a future version of yourself. Which got me to thinking .. If he is you, then:

Being 91 yrs old would put him 'from' the year 2064.

If he is not you, then he would have been born in 1918.

I've never heard any stories about people killing themselves because they were unable to serve their country during WW2. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I have never heard of such things happening.

I have one hell of an imagination and the following ideas are a result ..

What if in the near future, maybe having something to do with Disclosure or 2012 for example, we as humans find out that when our bodies die that we become some sort of Light Being or Formless Entity not bound by the "Laws of theUniverse" as the human sceintists understand them. We're completely free to roam the universe and we're fully capable of tremendous abilities.
And..
What if the World War 2 the old man mentioned was not the WW2 that we know about on Earth, but the actual Second War of The Worlds. Intergalactic Battlefields. Perhaps the people that committed suicide due to their inability to serve their country buring the war are people that would be seen unfit for battle, in their human form, so they induced death to become their Light Being self. Warriors of The Light or Light Warriors.

Like I said, I have one hell of an imagination.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Detailed Perfection]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I contacted The Sun in regards to obtaining the copy of their paper from July 2, 1973 .. Here is the email reply I received, maybe it can help you if you were interested in getting it.

Good morning,
Thank you for your enquiry.

We can supply original historic newspapers for all the UK nationals.

The costs for our newspapers over 9 months old are £39.99 inside of our standard gift box and £59.99 (Sunday) per paper, plus £5.00 UK 1st class P&P. We do have the Sun available for your required date.

If you would like to order newspapers over 9 months please contact our customer service team on 0844 669 9933 and we will be able to help you further.

Kind Regards,
Lisa Driscoll

I'm not going to post the contact info for Lisa in this thread, but I can UsU her info to you if you want it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OK I am going to be the boring voice of reason here. You say you double checked to make sure you had actually gone to the library - which shows some doubt in your mind. So consider then that you DID go to the library but the old man was in a dream about the library.
Whatever - it's certainly worth hunting down that paper as that will indicate whether the incident was just a dream or in your head. If the headlines are not the same - it could be that your changes in perception are to due to changes in brain chemistry and maybe you should get thoroughly checked out. I don't want to scare you but something like a mini stroke can affect perception of the world and familiar objects as well as memory.
Keep us posted!

[edit on 13-11-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I awoke this morning at 5am, very unlike me, but was this a dream ? Did this happen ? I just checked, I did indeed check a book out yesterday from the library. But who was this old man, where did he go, why did he have a paper from the day I was born. I am sitting here in FEAR and I feel like there is someone behind me. I am also upset and frightened. I have this feeling right now.

Interesting...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
you should inquire at the library if they had security cameras in there you could have had a look to see if you and this man were on film, and if he walked out while you were in the bathroom and if there was a paper clearly left on a table (if you were lucky enough to be in view of a camera if they had one). since it's been a month or so, maybe they would be wiped already though?

Just an idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Excuse me for coming so late to the party..

If I were you, I would take all of this as a sign. The people fighting, the newspaper, the tidal wave, every detail. I'm sure if you read over this a week or 2 from now you'll see patterns that you don't currently recognize. THe fighting in the street, watergate, tidal wave, all chaotic events, showing that even though the old man talked of people commiting suicide because they couldn't serve (suicide = chaos, definantly not in natures plan of survival), and how things have changed, that these events have been happening since the dawn of time.

I would honestly look at your past (or what you can remember as "your" past) and see how it all pans out. Is it sheltered? bland? or horrible? Also maybe the reaction of your wife of just shrugging it off, shows you that its happened to her to.

little story about me.....

I'm 23, when i was 19 i worked at a big box electronic store. One day I ran into an elderly gentleman by the name of Ed Baker. We talked for around 3 hours in the home phone isle. He told me of living under hitler, how he snuck into the US, and about how he grew up in Hungary. I am of hungarian decent, I told him my great-grandmothers name (appelonia doudache). As soon as I said it, he lit up like a christmas tree, like he had met one of his old friends. After the hours of talking, he said that he had an appointment to go to, and that it was a pleasure to meet me, and i said the same, and we shook hands before he walked away.

To this day, I think about Mr. Baker weekly, about how I feel that I could have been a war buddy of his that got shotdown and reincarnated. About how this unbelievably worldly man had enough time to talk to a young guy like me, and I actually listened to him intently. I'm sure that if he were in a crowd I could pick him out without hesitation, and its been roughly 4 years since then.

The point of the story, is, is that incredible things can happen, signs will pop up in the most unexpected places, and when they do, that just goes to show you that in the end, there really is a plan for everything.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
That first solid block of letters is to much of a pain to read. Please for some us, don't do that again.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

who are you referring to?

line two
and a third for good measure

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A bit after I posted a response to you on here, I had a few of my own things bring me to some research.

I found some things that were recurrent in my life, and started the bullet list. My personal story isn't exactly easy to explain, so I will refrain. However, it did lead me to studying about "the vu's" (Deja, Jamais, and Presque).

That led me to the depersonalization neurosis, and I will try to find the website (I have it written down somewhere in my mess of paperwork) I believe someone else mentioned it. Have you ever been interested or drawn towards a Buddhist-like mentality?

I know that doesn't seem to make sense at all, but I think that if I can get everything I looked for and studied and share it with you, it may help you with an answer. Send me a message and let me know if this sounds of any interest to you.

*I seem a bit distant in my writing today, so I hope that it offends none...not what I'm trying to do.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I read a short story on one of those amatuer writer sites, and it sounded a lot like this guy's story.

I don't know. Maybe stuff like this does really happen to people, but I also know that people write a lot of things that aren't true and that never happened.

I'm just surprised that the basic elements were in that fiction story on that writers' site.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I would like to believe that we do have such a thing as synchronicity.

I have had such oddities happen in my life that I thought were strange. One example of this would be one day, as I was putting up product in my store I was humming Hans Zimmer's Pirates theme. Of course, I was in the middle of talking to someone and in walks a stranger (very small town) and he smiles at me with an odd (non threatening) look on his face, I smile back at him and continue my conversation. He proceeds to get a cup of coffee and as he is walking in front of me, he starts humming the same thing. I live in the middle of Kansas where people do not listen to soundtrack music, or anything outside of classic rock and country (majority rule), so it struck me odd and I look up at him and I say "was that hans zimmer??" He just smiles and says "yep!" Same look in his eyes - almost like a twinkle.

To me, this could be merely a paranoid thought that something larger is going on - ie Law of Attraction or a purpose for the meeting of two people or there is no paranoia in thinking that at all. There have been many things of that nature in my life, but I am also a INFJ personality - so things like that are quite normal - and I appreciate the "magic" of it.

So, perhaps, things like this do happen. The human mind is so amazing - so we are able to create pure fiction, but I believe there is a base of reality to expanding on those fictional creations. What I mean by that, is if you look at "entertainment" (plays, books, movies, etc) from the first records to now, how progressed the ideas have become. I think that also connects to the advancements we have literally made in science and knowledge in general. So, the fiction just gets wilder with every decade.

Does that make sense??? lol

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Firstly it's nice to see such warm responses from the folk here to your OP.

As I see it this might well be your adjustment call. Whatever happens don't have a nervous breakdown! Questions will start to come in thick and fast.

Your dream after the event of a tsunami is probably warning you that you that your sense of reality has been hit hard.

You ask who you are? IMO that all depends on who you want to be! Life and being appreciated beyond this realm is much about how you lived your life here on earth. Do what you wanna do and be who you wanna be. As I see it we are all fragments of the God or if you prefer the cosmos where and how you fit in might well depend on where and how you run with your new wave/insight.

Like many here on ATS it seems sychronicity has crossed your path. That's a good thing.

Truthfully however I don't think anyone on this realm can know who they are as in truth how can we know unless all aspects of the individual are factored in. That includes past, present and future!

I have a couple questions for you What do you want to be remembered for? and secondly, Why do you want to know who you are?

If I said you are neither this nor that would that make a difference? Trying to define who you are is like trying to hold onto a downturned hand full of sand, you cannot contain or hold onto a definition of your essence and who you are its impossible!

Hope this helps!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by themightymissm
reply to post by NorEaster

I would like to believe that we do have such a thing as synchronicity.

Does that make sense??? lol

Makes perfect sense, and I absolutely believe in synchronicity.

I see two continuums in play at all time, in association with all that occurs. One is the causal continuum, and the other is the associated informational continuum. Example: Something happens, and the fact of that something having happened (information) is directly associated with that something that has happened.

With circumstance being an increment of a larger trajectory potential, with many circumstances in continuum association (this begets that, which begets the next, and so on) and left behind as the information of having happened (by the associated informational continuum) the natural drive for structure and organization employs the info continuum as a symbiotic assist - with "learning" as the net result.

This "learning" is extremely primitive, and we see the effect of it in how electrons "know" to react to magnetic influence, and how sub-atomic structure remains relatively consistent and replicable per scale and sophistication. In fact, science celebrates this uniformity and consistency, even if it would probably reject the notion of how or why it actually exists.

Synchronicity is merely an expression of this natural association between the causal continuum and the informational continuum, and it's constant and invasive. It catches our attention when it occurs at a level of organizational complexity that approaches the extreme level that is required to generate our own human consciousness. It's rare when a confluence like that occurs, but at simpler levels, it's the natural order.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i know how you feel, i feel like i have lived before, not as me as others, i have seen life through thier eyes, i have visions of planets worlds i have never seen with my eyes yet i know they are there, the life on them. my belifes of peace are differnt from most sciencfic theories , and udnerstanding what i s beyond most's compheren

conlusion? at first my friends started saying i was differnt then the topic of aliens came up, then the theory that in order for outside life to contact humans without causing fear...you disguse yourself as them.

What i know, no one else should know, yet i am saying it on here, that earth is not my home, it never was, my home is space, i long for it, i have seen worlds species, people like us more differnt more pratical ways of life, peaceful, and yet i am seen as a freak from various differnt people, but i make sence to all of them, i can open your eyes so you can see the real probelm

i only wish to return to where i belong, and life on earth is too violent too small minded, the universe is vast and infinte and yet you claim to know all the answers when you dont even know yoursevles.

for simple minded people..think of the movie avatar but reverse situation (minus the blood thristy humans being in controll)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join