It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am i.............

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR
Why are people even replying to a 25 year old dimwit who can't spell China?

He can't even tell the difference between a dream and what he did the day before?

HE IS 25 YEARS OLD!

Why are you giving this guy anytime at all?

So you're telling me that you have never woke up and for an instant didn't know what was real and what was a dream? I have, not often but I can relate to that. Oh I guess you've never had a typo either?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FouL-LiveR

He said he was born on "JULY 2nd 1973"

He's not 25 - he's 36.

You shouldn't criticize someone's spelling, when you can't do simple math.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_space_monkey
reply to post by FouL-LiveR

He said he was born on "JULY 2nd 1973"

He's not 25 - he's 36.

You shouldn't criticize someone's spelling, when you can't do simple math.

Yea..
fail

back to the topic.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
sigh..........

abuse, always comes.

my spelling isnt the best, i am just some dude that had a VERY wierd experience.
And yes, im 36 not 25.

I knew posting this some would say "wierdo" and "idiot"
as a QUALIFIED soccer coach at NATIONAL level, i am used to getting abuse.
it comes with the job.

THIS HAPPENED...
In the library, it was just a chat, like we have all had with people at say, bus stops, dr's surgeries/surgerys < or whatever.
the old man was telling some stories about life in the 30s and 40s and how the life he grew up in had changed to the point he didnt recognise it.

The paper from my birthday...well that is what got me..
i deleted and edited my 1st post this morning at 4/5am several times before posting, as i JUST DIDNT KNOW HOW TO GET MY FEELINGS ACROSS.

1. i go to the library, as i do some days for some peace and a read...
2. i happen to sit next to an old lad, and i start talking to him
3. we look out the window, and see 2 chaps arguing over a van issue in the road, when it happens the auld man says "see"
4. i go to the toilet (as you do) and when i return, the old man is away/gone
5. a paper is where he is sitting and it is the Sun newspaper, and the headling is about watergate, and its dated July 2nd 1973 !!
5. then the dream, the old man, with the water coming at us in the beach.
6. then the spinning wheel i had in my head all day...not making me dizzy or anything.

i aint no nutjob or freak..this happened.
i cant use words to back this up to the extend of what it has done to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I hope you are not referring to me when you say that some people are calling you a "nutjob" or an idiot. Because that was not my intention when I responded to your initial post.

But, from your previous posts, you definitely seem to imply that, meeting this "old man", or the old man himself was more significant than just a passing encounter. You also suggest (through your previous posts) that the coincidence of the men arguing was more than a coincidence (It validated what the old man was saying to you, before he asked you to look out the window. You said after he asked you to look outside, about a dozen cars passed before this altercation. you did not say that he told you to look out the window TO SEE the altercation.). lastly, you also implied that this man, disappeared (or mysteriously left) - you didn't state that perhaps, while you were in the rest room, he simply left the library. Either this was, in your opinion, the most obvious possibility so you decided not to state it, or you yourself thought that his leaving while you were momentarily gone was somehow more abnormal (a series of meaningful coincidences).

Then, the fact that he was present in a strange dream seemed to turn your whole world upside-down. People I know, people I meet, and people I have never met are often present in my dreams. Perhaps this is not common (to see other people in your dreams) but I was definitely under the impression that it was. These encounters (even seeing loved ones who have passed-on) have never distorted my entire mindset, and view of EVERYTHING.

Now, In your most current post, you are saying the encounter was just that, an everyday encounter.
You say the paper did seem like a strange coincidence. But, then your dream set you off into a way of thinking where you didn't "know who you are", or "why your TV was your TV".

I do not know what to say about the "spinning wheel" or circle that you say you are visualizing. Perhaps there is meaning to it, maybe it is what some people would call supernatural/paranormal, but maybe it is a hallucination. I am not calling you an "idiot", I am just saying that this strange visualization could be a hallucination - It's a possibility.

Once again, try not to take offense. I am not trying to offend or attack you. Please think about what I've said.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by the_space_monkey

i think when i woke this morning, after this dreamlike encounter, the dream itself made me really confused and other hard words to spell.

i just felt disconnected from things.
something wasnt right, and it was like nothing i had felt before.

The library thing was odd, but it wasnt until i had this dream, and woken, had time to think that i REALLY started feeling out of touch.

Why did this auld geezer ask me to look out of the window ? who knows.
did he know 2 chaps would argue ? who knows.
was the paper in my mind ? who knows.

am i going off my rocker and needing locked up ...maybe.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

am i going off my rocker and needing locked up ...maybe.

Even if you are "going off your rocker", it doesn't seem like you need to be locked up. Maybe talking through the experience/the dream/how it all made you feel with someone,a friend or loved one, face-to-face would better help you understand it all. Another perspective, from someone who really knows you, may help. And even if it doesn't, it can't hurt to try.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to respond to my posts. Once again, good luck with everything.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by the_space_monkey]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow, my sympathies

Here's a song that seems to fit the situation:

Source: www.lyricsfreak.com...
Once In A Lifetime
Talking Heads

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
Wife
And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/after the moneys gone
Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
This is not my beautiful wife!

Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!

Into the blue again/in the silent water
Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right? ...am I wrong?
My god!...what have I done?

Into the blue again/in the silent water
Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

And also there's this possibility that you might want to check out if your symptoms persist, depersonalization. Just google and see what you think.

STM

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

For what it's worth, I've read from various sources that we are at a time where individuals will spontaneously discover abilities like telekinesis, flight, time travel, telepathy, and inter-dimensional travel, etc.

It's been said that there are some who will re-learn/remember their ability to travel between dimensions.

I'm not clear on whether or not everyone will have all abilities; if individuals will have some, but not others.

It was clear that all of us have the innate ability to communicate telepathically, and that this would return.

But for the rest of the stuff, I'm just speculating...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
huh... You are NOT insane. I personally believe that sometimes reality shifts. That sometimes some people know this. They know that the place they are at NOW isn't the place they were moments before. Call it multiple realities, call it an awareness of time, call it anything you like really. But sometimes reality cracks. Don't worry if things are the same or if the TV youo are looking at is yours. You may find in the coming days, weeks, months, or even years you remember the past happening differently than what others do. You may find that even places you remember do not exist as you remember them. Or they may not exist at all anymore for you. Just go on with your life. do the best you can as you have been doing all along. I KNOW that you are not the only one who has experienced this. Trust me. Just because you experience something no one else has does not mean that it did not happen. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Keep faith and hold tight to your beliefs. You will survive.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mari4199

I'm sorry, but I have to say one thing.

Keep faith and hold tight to your beliefs

You are telling him to hold tight to YOUR beliefs, not his own.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This has happened to me twice. Maybe it's another dimension sliding into ours.
Or them changing something in the Matrix.
Because just when reality can't seem to get weirder this happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I wish you had the benefit that i do. My wife and i are so "linked" we almost breath together. This is after knowing each other for nearly 25 years-14 of those married

We have weird experiences and can bounce them off of each other. she had a very similiar experience that was a "waking dream". Youve been told before in previous posts....you've been awakened.

I have days that i walk through life and watch things around me. I do feel like an outsider at times (except for my wife and kid who are thankfully still on the same time line). It does get un-nerving. Be strong and dont kick against it. Let it flow through and watch.

Have you ever heard the term "in it but not of it"? You're living it friend.

I hope you have a good relationship with your wife. A good wife is like your home having a mountain as a foundation. Together, your unstoppable (nwo be damned!). Tell her. She is your other half physically and spiritually. Yall can get through this. Who knows, she may have had something similiar before but was afraid to come to you.

If you need to talk to someone, u2u me and i'll give you my email. I got your six if it gets too bad BUT go to your woman first.

Time is getting odd though. I feel something this way comes. Your better off to be awake now. You've had your "red pill".

konx om pax

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
No, the_space_monkey, i am not telling him told hold tight to MY beliefs. If you'll read the reply i said "I personally believe". Read more carefully please. I did not espouse to any particular belief set nor push mine on him.

Edit :

Oh, and before you start picking apart my post, I'll beat you to it. This is MY personal belief set and just because I believe it does not mean HE should believe it. I am merely trying to offer some sort of answer, even if it's not the one he's looking for. When i say keep faith I mean his OWN faith, not mine. My post clearly states that. If you misconstrued it, oh well.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Mari4199]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

huh... You are NOT insane

I'm assuming you said this because you thought I was calling him insane.
I was only suggesting that perhaps an imbalance or instability(possibly a temporary one) could be an explanation for the way he was feeling and the "spinning wheel" he was seeing/visualizing. He seemed very distraught and confused after experiencing this dream. Needing or seeking help(counsel/therapy) does not make you INSANE. I never said he was insane. I don't think I'm qualified to make that assumption. I also don't think that your qualified to tell him that this experience(and more importantly, the way this experience effected his feelings and perception) is NOT the direct result of an instability.

Lastly, you do not know what this man's BELIEFS are. So why would you tell him to "have faith in his beliefs", instead of thinking about this experience, sharing it with friends/family/perhaps-a-doctor, hearing what they have to say (after all, these individuals would know him a thousand times better than any of us), and at least address the POSSIBILITIES.

Telling this man that "this is real, it has happened to other people" (how can you say "you know it's real"? You BELIEVE it's real. That's it.), "to go on living his life" (essentially ignoring it/accepting it as real - without question) and then to simply "have faith in his beliefs". If he wants answers/an explanation, he needs to question, and explore all possibilities. He can't just take the word of someone on a message board, and simply "have faith".

It's irresponsible to suggest BELIEF and FAITH, over thinking and questioning. And don't be confused about it, that is what you have suggested here.With all due respect.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

The foggy memory excuse works like a charm.
I do think our consciousness can jump timelines, it's the only explanation i can find for the stuff that happens to me, or maybe we just notice time slips.
For example, seeing the news that an artist died and a few weeks later see him doing a show that is broadcasted live.
It's best to laugh about it.

[edit on 16/10/09 by locster]

[edit on 16/10/09 by locster]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You are what is right and good in all that you have seen and experienced...Never forget that

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
huh... You are NOT insane

I'm assuming you said this because you thought I was calling him insane.
I was only suggesting that perhaps an imbalance or instability(possibly a temporary one) could be an explanation for the way he was feeling and the "spinning wheel" he was seeing/visualizing. He seemed very distraught and confused after experiencing this dream. Needing or seeking help(counsel/therapy) does not make you INSANE. I never said he was insane. I don't think I'm qualified to make that assumption. I also don't think that your qualified to tell him that this experience(and more importantly, the way this experience effected his feelings and perception) is NOT the direct result of an instability.

--- ok my turn to pick things apart...

--- No one was refferring to you. Oversensitive maybe? And no i do not think he is having psychological problems.

Lastly, you do not know what this man's BELIEFS are. So why would you tell him to "have faith in his beliefs", instead of thinking about this experience, sharing it with friends/family/perhaps-a-doctor, hearing what they have to say (after all, these individuals would know him a thousand times better than any of us), and at least address the POSSIBILITIES.

--- I was refferring to his beliefs in the stability of his surroundings and his beliefs that things would turn out all right. , unlike you it seems I do not automatically assume this person should seek counseling. After all, many years ago his experience would have been classified as a revelation not a problem. I believe his experience was valid. An epiphany of sorts. You can believe what you wish however. Psychology is not a science in my opinion. A science is something where concrete results are obtained EVERY TIME from a certain set of conditions. This does not apply to psychology as every persons mind is different. So no one set of rules can apply to everyone. So NOT a science.

Telling this man that "this is real, it has happened to other people" (how can you say "you know it's real"? You BELIEVE it's real. That's it.), "to go on living his life" (essentially ignoring it/accepting it as real - without question) and then to simply "have faith in his beliefs". If he wants answers/an explanation, he needs to question, and explore all possibilities. He can't just take the word of someone on a message board, and simply "have faith".

--- Once again i state that i said "I personally believe", or don't you read?

It's irresponsible to suggest BELIEF and FAITH, over thinking and questioning. And don't be confused about it, that is what you have suggested here.With all due respect.

--- And i do not BELIEVE i have said anything irresponsible. You can't apply reason to a mystical or paranormal experience. Thus faith and belief DO apply. Remain skeptical. Personally, i don't care. I stand by what i have posted. Take it or leave it.

EDIT :

Oh, and btw the_space_monkey, you BELIEVEi am not qualified. You have no idea what i am qualified to evaluate. You are assuming. See how belief works? We can go on and on about this when the fact is that the experience he has had can not be quantified in a scientific manner so applying the rules of "science" to it solves nothing. Youo were not there. I was not there. Everything we are posting is conjecture and second hand knowledge. Including YOUR post.

YET ANOTHER EDIT :

Hehehe, i just wanted to see who you were and checked your public profile. Gosh, its even more empty than mine! O-o ( Just an observation. With all due respect.
)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Okay, I'm sorry this has become heated. I did not think I was being over sensitive. I guess my assumption(that you were referring to my post) was incorrect.

. . And no i do not think he is having psychological problems.

But do you think it could be a possibility? that is all i was saying (that it is a possibility, and that it cannot hurt to explore it).

I was refferring to his beliefs in the stability of his surroundings and his beliefs that things would turn out all right

But these seem to be the very beliefs that were disrupted by this experience. How can you ask him to hold strong to the beliefs that are being questioned?

unlike you it seems I do not automatically assume this person should seek counseling

what is wrong with counseling? the preconception that psychological counseling is only for the insane is very dangerous. This stigma leads a lot of people to avoid getting help, when It could have made a big difference in their life.

After all, many years ago his experience would have been classified as a revelation not a problem.

and many years ago, schizophrenia, seizures brought on by allergy and mental retardation would be misinterpreted as curses and demonic possession.

Psychology is not a science in my opinion. A science is something where concrete results are obtained EVERY TIME from a certain set of conditions.

Science is a system of discovery, hypothesis, and experimentation. Science is the exploration of theory (though some people do try to use these theories as indisputable fact).

You can't apply reason to a mystical or paranormal experience.

Your own Signature reads; Anything is possible. Nothing is absolute.
If you think that "anything is possible" and "nothing is absolute", how can you say that reason CANNOT be applied to paranormal experience?

I am sorry to keep dissecting your posts, I don't mean to offend you by doing so. I would be more than happy to end this back-and-forth (after you make your response to this post of course).

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is just common sense that if something out of the norm happens to you you should check for physical causes before assuming that it is paranormal or whatever. And I'm speaking from experience here.

If I were the OP I would check out depersonalization on google and read up on it as some of the causes are physical. Also I would read up on mini strokes, this could be a warning sign. Then, after following up on that I would consider my experience to be valid as an extraordinary experience.

Just my 2 cents,

STM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join