It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am i.............

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
* I have no idea why I am putting this here *

the world is changing, and it’s changing in front of our very eyes. I sat with an older gentleman the other day, he is 91 years old, it was in the local library, and we chatted about life and technology, and the conversation turned to "man" this old gentleman told me "man" had changed. he told me when he was a young man, people would commit suicide if unable to serve their country during world war 2 "this isn’t the world I grew up in son" he pointed out to me. He told me to look out the window for a second, and observe. So I did, I rested my arms on the window ledge and started out, he did the same. In that few minutes we saw dozens of cars driving past. One incident happened, 2 vans got in each other’s way, and this led to both men getting out of their vans and shouting and swearing at each other. "SEE" he said. After this, I said, I need to go to the toilet, when I returned; the old man was not there. But he had left his newspaper. I gave this newspaper no thought. And carried on reading my own book. Just as I was about to stand up, I grabbed his newspaper to put on the table, and the front page caught my eye. It was the Sun newspaper. IT WAS THE SUN NEWSPAPER FROM JULY 2nd 1973
jip, the day I was born. Sadly I couldn’t leave with this paper, as it’s not allowed. But on the front page was a story about Richard Nixon (Watergate) this happened yesterday. I awoke this morning at 5am, very unlike me, but was this a dream ? Did this happen ? I just checked, I did indeed check a book out yesterday from the library. But who was this old man, where did he go, why did he have a paper from the day I was born. I am sitting here in FEAR and I feel like there is someone behind me. I am also upset and frightened. I have this feeling right now. I am remembering when I was about 10 or 11, and it seems like yesterday. My family are all asleep and I am sitting here thinking, where did the last 25 years go. I just had to share this mad experience, and I have no idea why. I am on the verge of deleting it, and have moved it around a few areas of the forum, as I have no idea why. Before I woke this morning, and this is the Fu*****r. I had a dream I was in Chine (looked Chinese, sorry if I offend anyone, it’s all I can say) and I am on a beach, with this old man, suddenly, the waves come high and hard and slam into us... ....then I’m awake. What on god’s green earth happened where am I, who am I, what am I doing here, where did the internet come from.

It is now nearly 7am, and I am questioning myself, who am I, how did I get here.
Where is my childhood ? Who was this old man, why was he in my dream, what is the relevance to the 2 men fighting outside the library, why the newspaper, why the dream, of high waves, like a tsunami.

I am sitting here, it has took me 2 hours to post this.. and I am looking at pictures of my family, my parents, my wife, my 3 children, even patted my dog, i know them, but just. i cant explain anymore, It is beyond me.

Something has changed. overnight, i cant explain it, its like, "it shouldnt be like this", something is new.

It is like, yesterday i was someone else, today I am me.

I am soooo confused.

please feel free to remove/delete/move this thread.
I KNOW !! someone will be able to relate to this, as i KNOW others will feel it.

Today isnt what today should be. today should have been another today.

has time changed ? has something happened ?
I can see in my mind a HUGE CIRCLE..and its spinning and spinning and i cant get it out of my mind.

i cant talk any more..2 hours, editing and trying to get my thoughts over.

i am sorry, and i dont know why i am sorry.

[edit on 15/10/2009 by shauny]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

This is very interesting to say the least, let me ask you what do you really feel about all this ?? Also have you told anyone and what was their reaction ??

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
its 7 am, you guys are the 1st to know.
my whole house is asleep.

this is my house right ? lol

honest, i have NO idea why i posted this.
i just "had to"

im so confused and scared.

so unlike me. if i am indeed me.

i told my wife last night (i think) about the library and the paper and she just kinda shrugged it off.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ok, so you ask: "Who am I?"

I ask you this: "Who is asking?"

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart

Ok, so you ask: "Who am I?"
I ask you this: "Who is asking?"

i get the question, i want to say me.
i really do..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That's a very freaky story! I would be upset and confused if it happened to me. Since it's so fresh, maybe if you give it some time, and lots of thought you might be able to come to terms with it. Maybe something will click later on. I don't know what else to say, but it sure was a very odd experience.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Still is.

confused beyond belief here.

all i can say is, yesterday, things were not this.
something has changed.

Simple things like, my TV, i am looking it saying to myself "that isnt my tv"
im looking at pictures of family thinking "who are these people" although i know them.

something, has, changed.

can anyone else feel this ?

am i alone?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

You say Simple things like, my TV, i am looking it saying to myself "that isnt my tv"
im looking at pictures of family thinking "who are these people" although i know them.

Please explain alittle more, I know its difficult but I want to make sure I know what your saying 100 %.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
reply to post by virraszto

something, has, changed.

can anyone else feel this ?

am i alone?

shauny,

Ok, I read your fascinating story. It's good that you posted it here.

Take a deep breath, fill your lungs and exhale slowly; do so several times. Keep doing it until you start to feel a bit more calm.

The events that have been happening to you are not terrible events -- just the opposite -- they are watershed moments that are designed to trigger some shifts and changes in your life, in how you perceive things and to realize that you are part of the mosaic of life, of which we all are a part.

I have seen many stories like yours and, when they happen like what happened with the old man and the newspaper dated right on your birthday some 3+ decades ago, this kind of event is not any sort of "normal" event of an old man reading a current newspaper -- it's something else, entirely.

Just think of the odds of YOU meeting an old man at a library with him having a 30+ year-old newspaper and having a conversation about how today is so different from "his" past. Crazy odds. So unlikely. So, when something like that happens, it's because of a being closely connected with you who may have manifested there in the library just so that you two could connect, just so that you could "find" the newspaper and be triggered into some reactions of either fear or wonder.

I would strongly suggest that you FEAR NOT. You had something wonderful happen to you -- this man possibly was not some normal dude who has lived a normal life; if he was, then how in the hell can you explain the date of the newspaper on the exact day that you were born? How? And he took the time to talk to you, so do make an effort to think of everything that he said, that he showed to you and how his energy felt.

Sometimes people's unseen friends -- guardian angels, for lack of a better word -- manifest specifically to meet and talk with the Earth-bound being, to whom the are connected and have moments with the Earth-bound being -- like how you and the old man connected -- then leave, often with a perplexing gift, like that oddly-dated newspaper.

So try to remember everything about the old man: what was he wearing; what was he doing; his mannerisms; what he focused on; how he looked at you; what articles did you recall seeing in the newspaper, and so on.

Now, of course, it's quite possible that the old man had taken out an archived newspaper from 35 years ago, but I highly doubt that physical newspapers are stored in the physical for that long -- there would be NO room whatsoever in the library if they kept every damn newspaper, so the microfilm them.

So the fact of that old newspaper with the same date as your birthday is quite interesting. Go to the library and ask them if they keep any physical newspapers that old.

Your reality is shifting, as it many others, in gentle ways, so enjoy this and look forward to more shift to come. It is better to have lots of little reality shifts nudging you towards something big, than to suddenly have a big shift happen that could shock your psyche a bit too much.

It' all good, shauny.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
reply to post by shauny

You say Simple things like, my TV, i am looking it saying to myself "that isnt my tv"

It just doesn’t seem real.
It’s like I am here, but I shouldn’t be.
I have memories of this, but it just doesn’t fit.
I am REALLY struggling to find the words to explain.
It’s as if "time" has changed, or I have changed or the world has changed.
Yesterdays experience was a weird one, and I didn’t read too much into it, as I had a busy day. After sleeping on it, and this dream, I am now challenging my own existence.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wow, mate... i thought that was somthing i wrote like 2 years ago, i've had pretty much the exact same experiences... omg

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I would definitely go back to the library and see if they even had that issue of newspaper.

The thing that is odd,(the whole thing is odd!) is that the old man was talking about change, and you yourself feel like you've changed. Was he bringing you a message of change/changing to you? Maybe you are supposed to change something?

Do you feel like you are in deja vu or do you feel like you are in someone else's body/life kinda thing?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have had the feeling of not belonging to my body frequently. I don' t know if it is the same as what you are experiencing as I hardly ever remember my dreams and I feel this way fully awake (conscious rather than enlightened).

I feel out of place and awkward to my surroundings. It is a hard feeling to describe, but I can relate to questioning "who are these people" even though you know them or "who's things are these". This is something I have experienced my entire life, but never really paid any attention to it but within the past ten years (I am 30 now) but recall vaguely feeling this way when I was very young.

I have few memories (solid) of my childhood and even being a teenager.

At first I believed it to be a memory thing - but I truly have a memory "like an elephant" and I can retain loads of information (of course when I feel it important). Then, of course, I thought perhaps it was psychological - but my childhood wasn't all that bad (as far as inappropriate behaviors/etc)

The one thing that I have found to be fluid in my life and always being there is the concern for the "truth" of life - origins/God/Spirit/Soul. I never really could quite comprehend the "crazy talk" coming from the Baptist preachers lips - though he was a very nice man - I couldn't see the sense in a "vengeful God".

So, even at a very young age (before any child should "know anything but the sunshine stories of Jesus and the Bible) I have questioned reality. Though, at that age I didn't realize that I was questioning "reality" - if that makes sense.

I recall when my real father was killed in a drunk driving accident. I was in the fourth grade and when I was told about this, I was sad to know that he wasn't "here" anymore - but I was at ease with it. At his funeral, everyone was visually upset, but I smiled and played with my scarf. It wasn't that I was being cold to death - but I didn't feel the need to be upset as everyone else was. My brother, mother and I were required by judge to see a psychologist who found myself to be in normal health but my brother and mother had to continue seeing him (not long, but more than I did). He released me after the required three visits.

I have had paranormal experiences that have scared the poo out of my roommates. Invisible butts sitting on the edge of my bed (or what it feels like when someone sits on the edge of your bed) a few times. My roommate and her boyfriend walked in to me sitting in my chair pale and speaking some language - though neither of them knew what it was. I was aware that I was doing it, but I had no control over it.

There are times when I stare off "into space" and I begin to see walls jittering back and forth, but it is so trance like I don't want to break the stare. Of course, I have to because I wear contacts and it starts to sting a bit! lol I have never used any kind of drug other than very little marijuana - but no hallucinogenics. I don't take medication (though after reading this, you'll probably say I SHOULD lol
)

So, Shauny - I don't know if any of this helps you and I'm sure that if we continue to discuss this, I will have more experiences to share with you. But for timing sake, I will leave off with this "teaser" and hope that it may help you connect in some way.

Love & Light!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I had a similar experience, about a month ago. No strange encounters in mine, though. I did have the same awkward feeling in the wake, though. The disjointedness, disconectivity and the questions of who or what I am, underneath it all.

It was a hot day, so I decided to walk along the beach, not far from my house. Apparently many other people had the same idea, as the beach was pretty much packed.

I was walking along the shore and I realized, as everyone else was staring out at the ocean, I was staring at them. They all seemed so...angry. Not at anyone or anything...just...hostile, somehow. Even while they sometimes smiled. It was an odd feeling.

One thought made its way to the forefront of my mind:

"I don't belong here. I don't relate to any of these...people, anymore."

So, I cut my walk short and went back home. I had to get away from that place.

I've never been subject to panic attacks, and I'm generally not a shy person in social situations. But it was a such strong feeling of being an outsider in my own skin. Watching the beachgoers, I felt like I was watching the lion cage at the zoo, or something to that extent. Potentially dangerous creatures, but in a state of impotency, I guess you could say. Observing something that feels foreign, but shouldn't. I've never felt like that about people in my life, until that day.

This came just a few days after some bad experiences with complete strangers, so I dunno if it's just the beginning stages of cynicism or what...but I haven't really felt like "myself" again, since that day at the beach.

Lately I see more and more people acting like hyenas, snapping at each other over the last meager strip of flesh on a corpse. And I just can't relate to them. It's like watching a TV show. Like it's not something that's actually happening, so much as something I'm simply observing. A sort of, "I'm not really here, but that's going on over there", sensation.

That old man you met was absolutely right. Things are WAY different than they were when he was young. It's a different time, and not a better one at all. People, for the most part, have changed and, again, not for the better. I don't understand it, and I don't like it.

So, believe me, Shauny, I understand what you're going through. It's confusing, that suddenness of seeing the world from a different angle, and questioning which angle is the right one, or if there ever WAS a right one.

Good luck to you, my friend. Just know that you're not alone.

~G

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Gaudeamus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I agree that you need to go back to the library and see if you can get a physical copy of this newspaper. maybe even see if you can find out who checked it out before you. If you can get this guys name maybe someone on here can get on the case and find out a little about this guy

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Recently i have also felt like i am a new person, i dont feel anything like me a few years ago, i know pases and friends change but i feel like a new person. I also keep having visions of an impending doom for planet earth, i feel like theres not going to be a future and everyone else seems oblivious :/

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ok, small update here.

Just went back down to the library on the way to the shops (just at the bottom of my street)

the library DO NOT keep old newspapers.
i went back over to the table where they keep magazines and newspapers.
All yesterdays newspapers where still there, but no sign off the Sun newspaper from July 2nd 1973

its is now 11:30am here.
and today, i still feel the same as i do when i awoke.
things aint right. the people who serve me in my local supermarket, who i DO know, were there today, and even when speaking to them, it was if i was speaking to a stranger, although inside, i do recall speaking to them.

Also note :
Today at 11:11 i was in the que at the shops, and i look up at the clock and it read 11:11

i started a thread a while back called "11:11"
its still happening, i am still seeing "11:11" or "1:11"
thread here : www.abovetopsecret.com...
i started this thread : posted on 27/11/2008 @ 18:46

something has changed.

i feel as if this isnt my life. but i am familiar with it.
but something, and i dont know what, inside of me, is telling me "something isnt right"

im prefectly healthy and dont take drugs <

ps :
still have a picture, in my mind of a spinning circle.
isnt making me sick or anything, i just keep thinking of this huge spinning circle.

all i got folks.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaudeamus

I was walking along the shore and I realized, as everyone else was staring out at the ocean, I was staring at them. They all seemed so...angry. Not at anyone or anything...just...hostile, somehow. Even while they sometimes smiled. It was an odd feeling.

Yesterday, the 2 lads arguing because of their "van" issues, when i was looking out of the window at the library.

same kinda thing.
the old man's point was, people are hating each other these days.
change was certainly his point.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I think someone is reaching out to you.

I have had a very strange experience that was similar to yours and it took me years to understand it.

You will find your answers if you keep searching with an open mind and reflect on your life experiences. My guess would be that you will not like the answer you find but when things click into place to deny it is to deny the truth.

I might be wrong of course but I think you will bump into this man again or have another incident like this.

Also with regards to the paper being the exact same date of your birth, theres only one that could know that about you before you have met them if this is not a coincidence.

Hebrews 1:14

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Hebrews 13:2

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Wait until one day it all makes sense and your eyes are opened, things will never be the same again, that is if you take heed of whats going on around you.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Good story, and I am certain there is a message here for you, if you can see it. This reminds me of a story my son told me once. He told me that as a child of 7, he was visited my himself, a much older self, and his older self told him many thing that would happen to my son in his life, and what he must do, and not do. He has never detailed this conversation for me, but the thing itself is mind boggling to say the least. Star and flag for your post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join