It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am i.............

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Okay, I'm sorry this has become heated. I did not think I was being over sensitive. I guess my assumption(that you were referring to my post) was incorrect.

. . And no i do not think he is having psychological problems.

But do you think it could be a possibility? that is all i was saying (that it is a possibility, and that it cannot hurt to explore it).

--- No i do not think its a possibility.

I was refferring to his beliefs in the stability of his surroundings and his beliefs that things would turn out all right

But these seem to be the very beliefs that were disrupted by this experience. How can you ask him to hold strong to the beliefs that are being questioned?

--- I was referrinig to his beliefs BEFORE the experience obviously.

unlike you it seems I do not automatically assume this person should seek counseling

what is wrong with counseling? the preconception that psychological counseling is only for the insane is very dangerous. This stigma leads a lot of people to avoid getting help, when It could have made a big difference in their life.

--- I do not believe in psychology as i believe it is not a valid science.

After all, many years ago his experience would have been classified as a revelation not a problem.

and many years ago, schizophrenia, seizures brought on by allergy and mental retardation would be misinterpreted as curses and demonic possession.

--- And of course you are assuming that curses and demonic possession do not exist. Once again another assumption.

Psychology is not a science in my opinion. A science is something where concrete results are obtained EVERY TIME from a certain set of conditions.

Science is a system of discovery, hypothesis, and experimentation. Science is the exploration of theory (though some people do try to use these theories as indisputable fact).

--- As i said... science is obtaining the same results from the same calculations every time. with the human mind this is not possible.

You can't apply reason to a mystical or paranormal experience.

Your own Signature reads; Anything is possible. Nothing is absolute.
If you think that "anything is possible" and "nothing is absolute", how can you say that reason CANNOT be applied to paranormal experience?

--- By the very nature of paranormal experiences they do not respnd well to reason or scientific methods of enquiry. If we use science and reason to posit the existance of dieties or demonic entities, of couorse, the result will be they do not exist. But do they? Unknown.

I am sorry to keep dissecting your posts, I don't mean to offend you by doing so. I would be more than happy to end this back-and-forth (after you make your response to this post of course).

--- Go ahead. keep dissecting. I'll have an answer for each dissection. I think before i write.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mari4199

I did not say that you were not qualified, neither did I say I believed you were not qualified. I said I did not think you were qualified to make that determination (and as a stated before that, I am also not qualified to make that determination). There is a big difference between thought/opinion and belief.

And quite frankly, I have no idea what you were trying to say or suggest when you commented that my profile was "even more empty than yours". I feel this is getting a little personal.

I'm sorry to anyone else reading and/or contributing to this thread that the posts are getting personal and off topic. This has stopped being constructive (the conversation between Mari4199 and myself). I'm ending my side of this argument.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Same here. nuf said.
We agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
reply to post by DJM8507

For example, seeing the news that an artist died and a few weeks later see him doing a show that is broadcasted live.
It's best to laugh about it.

[edit on 16/10/09 by locster]

I'm so glad someone else does this. I find other folks that do from time to time but I feel sorta bad for someone " oh, sorry. thought you were dead. OOPs!"

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hey shauny,

How is today going? Are things "a bit tighter around the edges" now?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Kind of sounds like a parralel universe kind of thing. Your other existance getting caught up with your present one---- if one subscribes to that idea.... Also, it seems like this event that happened to you is not completely foreign to the readers of this thread.

I'm happy to inform you---your normal, and you can beleve that cause in another life, I was a Pschologist. Now pay me $100 for my analysis.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Hey shauny,

How is today going? Are things "a bit tighter around the edges" now?

Just curious.

em..

Well it still happened.
im still "out of sorts"
after a day or 2 however it becomes "less real?"

Still picture a large spinning wheel..
..cant get it out of my head.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Have you looked up significant information from that date? Maybe there is some kind of pertinent information??

For example: July 2, 1973 - U.S. government imposed new controls on the export of iron and steel scrap and announced the resumption of soybean exporting on a reduced basis. (source: The Britannica Archive)

I hope that perhaps this will help!??

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Do you meditate? Is it one wheel or two or even three? Is it spinning clockwise or counter? Is it verticle or horizontal? What color is it?

You need details!

This is the key to it all i think. The "inner planes" communicate with symbols rather than words at a certain level. Consider all of the symbolism of the wheel.

Describe it in detail and keep a journal on this. Your at a fairly crucial point i feel and the "devil is in the details". I reiterate, DO NOT FIGHT THIS!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What do you remember before seeing the old man in the library? What do you remember about the day before? What about the week before?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi. I'm so sorry this is happening. I would be a little freaked out also.

If I may, I would start by trying to rule out any medical reasons. Are their any potential toxins in your home? All those little toxic gases that are sometimes released and seep into homes? Moulds, or anything? Allergies and toxics can cause things to seem surreal.

Sure nobody is messing with you? Slipping you a mickey? Stay on top of your blood pressure.

Secondly, rule out stress. Another poster has mentioned depersonalization, an anxiety reaction usually associated with stress, and alarmingly high levels of anxiety. You really do need to look this up, and determine whether you might have additional symptoms of this. Also check out D.I.D. (Dissociative Identity Disorder), which can also be brought about by intense anxiety and traumatic stress. A simple little tiny pill could correct this. (My thoughts are it is one of the two, probably depersonalization, which is also used by the human psyche when things get to be too much. It provides a temporary escape. It in no way implies you are insane. Just that maybe you need to do a little fine tuning on your lifestyle.) Get out of the pressure cooker, if you are in one. You need to keep your life as stress free as possible right now. Do whatever you need to do. If it's work, call in sick. If it's problems in your personal life/home; face them head on. Solve the problems.

Having done that, then maybe look to the paranormal, but please explore the other possibilities first. You may find your answer, and it's actually pretty simply corrected, but you may need some help, at least temporarily.

Google it! (k?)

[edit on 10/17/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Very good call. I should have picked up on this myself. Physiological reasons are not nice but do need to be taken care of before "bad things" happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My 17 year old son had a seizure on Saturday 17th at 10am, at work.
he stopped breathing, and we almost lost him.

He is fine now, but HOLY #...what a scare, i am still ( a day later) in shock.

its been a MAD MAD week.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Good grief. I'm so glad your son is okay. I'll be interested to hear what the doctor's say was the cause of the seizure.

Again, take a look at your environmental factors. Rule out anything in your home that could be causing your issues, plus your son's seizures.

You can buy little meters that determine if radon is present, carbon monoxide, and other toxins. It might be worth a try. If there is something like that present....it will make all you sick eventually.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Hi! I am astonished at your story. I read it and just wanted to tell you something...so I created an account here.

Anyways...I am glad your son is doing okay. The dreams you have had about the old man....don't take them as warning signs or anything. It seems to me something is troubling you...and you are really astonished at the world today. Don't be afraid. Everything is going to all right. Evil exists only in the mind. Remember, the man is not evil. Othervise, something bad would have happened. Maybe the man is a good force, who is just trying to support you through a hard time that you might be going through.

All you have to do is be kind to yourself and your thoughts. Whenever you go sleep next, before sleeping, think about the man, and ask him - "Is there anything you need to speak to me about?" You will get the answer. Don't be anxious if you don't receive an immediate reply.

Take your son's example. Maybe something worse was going to happen to him, but he is alive and all-right. Just believe everything is going to be okay.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart

Ok, so you ask: "Who am I?"

I ask you this: "Who is asking?"

The most important question of all!!! The answer is truly "game over" at that point.

The question is The Universe. The Answer is Life. How can my Self experience my Self?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Once In A Lifetime is a wonderful song and has been very useful in helping me through just the sort of experience that the OP describes.

But, I believe that the old man is right. Things are not the "same as they ever were" in regards to the behavior of humans. We are entering a cruder, crueler time and people are behaving very badly and in an emotionally unevolved manner in general. I think this is what happens before the race is ready for a genetic upgrade, such as occurs in the mass killings of a world war.

To the OP, I say this: if the old man is right, does it make you feel worse that you are disconnected from this reality where humans behave as animals, or does it confirm to you that you have grown beyond such childishness? When you transcend normal existence, you are quite naturally going to feel disconnected from others who have not. Consider that you may have experienced the result of personal growth, which is a good thing, but understand that if your reality is different, you are going to have to adjust to the new you and your place in the world.

Above all, reconnect with your family. They will be your anchor.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I would like to thank the ATS's for all thier comments, U2's and people who have added me my MSN accounts.

Some cracking support since Saturday.

Thank you ALL !

Shauny

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
We all hope all is well with the family. Family is everything.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Sounds like a "Nickolas Cage"movie to me.
With a little bit of "into the wild " tossed in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join