It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maximus_Prime

Seriously dude, your a bit off topic here.
this is not a debate about god.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

yes I suppose your right, but a lot of folks have grouped it into this and every topic. It's a topic about those sounds, which are creepy. But our belief systems shape what we preceive to be possibilities. I for one do not want California or the North West to have a super volcanoe, large quake, or whatever, happen. Thanks for getting me back on track
my mind is now free again...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well you cant let your beliefs be polluted by others. i don't and that alone allows my mind to be open to a whole world of things.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
They could be "airquakes", from the propulsion system of the Aurora.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I was wondering when someone was going to bring up that History Channel show last night. I think it was Mystery Quest, about Area 51 & New Mexico, and they did mention skyquakes. How convenient.
If you were to try to locate the source by getting on the ground wouldn't it be hard to pinpoint it? It would reverberate quite a bit and sound as if it's from all around, I think?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Johnny5?]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic which has popped up here before. I believe these so called "sky-quakes" maybe similiar to what was talked about in this thread.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

I think the theory of a hypersonic (post?)experimental aircraft is plausible, but unfortunately it its pretty much impossible to verify. So then it goes on and on, possibility after possibility. Oh well, there is no harm in trying

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i live in vancouver and havent noticed anything...

yet..

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hmmm... Here's an interesting thread from 2007:

Super Loud Sound From Sky (March 30th, 2007)

The OP seems to be describing a very similar phenomena to what's being discussed here and on the thread for the Minnesota-based event.

It might be worth doing a follow up with that OP and see if there have been any similar occurrences recently.

Mike

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It seems that there are three different things events being discussed here...

The sky quakes

Often sounding like Jet engines and can be heard all over the sky with no planes in sight (although this doesn’t mean that none are present)

www.youtube.com...

Deep rumblings

Similar to repetitive heavy machinery noise or, imo a bit like a heart beat through an ultra sound... also the one I’ve tinkered with using sound editing software

www.youtube.com...

The Hum

Phenomena which causes a persistent low frequency hum and has been reported in city’s all over the world

news.bbc.co.uk...

Could all these phenomena's be related???

There is definitely something very strange going on!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I agree with you that we have to consider these sounds could be related. Actually, although they are varied in the way they're sensed or even recorded, I wonder if it's something like the group of blind men who are asked to describe an elephant by feel. Even those youtube videos (referenced in this thread) seem to show two quite distinct types of sounds, with the more drumming/throbbing form proceeding the longer, drawn-out one.

However, the fact that both sounds were apparently recorded by one person in the same area suggests that those two are either produced by the same source or alternatively, one phenomena/mechanism (meaning process) causes the first sound, then it either undergoes some form of change to produce the second, or else it triggers another process that causes it. Referring to those youtube vids, I am not aware if there was a complete cessation of the first sound before the second began. Does anyone recall if the "youtuber" specifically stated anything along those lines?

(Edited to fix double link to Muckster's post.)

[edit on 16/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

"Sky Quakes" has a rather interesting 4000 hz component. I don't know what it is.. it's just there. Could be an artifact, but it's not in the other recordings.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/219342e815bd.jpg[/atsimg]

Isolated by filtering out everything below about 3000 hz, it sounds like a cricket. Generally crickets have a pattern to their chirps.. this one just keeps going non stop with only one "chirp" missing in about 40 seconds of the audio.

"Deep rumblings " sounds like steam surging through a pipe with condensation built up in it. I've heard something similar to it when the engineers were setting safeties. The valve went off but didn't reset and there was a weird sound like that as the steam escaped through the pipe. But this was only about two or three minutes and on a ship. Not saying that's what it is... it just has that character to it.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ok people! just to re-iterate or clarify my original post about the rumblings which i think are coming from the whidbey island base, what triggered my cellular memory was the duration of the rumbling... as in.. when a b52 or DC10 for that matter uses reverse thrust at full throttle when landing, apparently there are some DC 10's that use the whidbey island strip, although from my childhood they did not exist yet, personally here in victoria and i was sitting on the beach reading for a few of these rumblings, i didn't feel anything through the ground/beach and like i said before, this was a sound wave not a vibration and the thing is, every time the duration is the same, no i didn't time it, but i would say i have heard this rumbling at least 30-40 times that i am aware of, i think we are dealing with a reflection thing here, when a plane takes off the noise is deflected off the ground and bounces up, when a plane is down and on the runway using max reverse thrust to slow down (and me thinks that although Ault is 3000ft long it may be short in the scheme of things so max reverse throttle required) the sound wave is not deflected upwards but instead outwards and in this case across the water, which when like glass is a very good medium to carry a sound wave.. my 4 cents, earthquakes! i don't think so. And minnesota? are there not airbases there too? I don't think there is a conspirarcy here, although i did consider that perhaps they were staging spew tankers out of whidbey, but 767's i believe need a longer runway, don't they??

[edit on 16-10-2009 by voodmon]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ljib777
geology.com...

There seems to be an awful lot of earthquake activity and landslides going on lately.

I could give you some scriptures where the LORD God said He was going to shake the heavens and the earth. Now of course the things we are seeing in the physical world are given scientific explanations, but we were forwarned that they would happen.

I hope and pray that more people would read the scriptures and ask Jesus for wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His word.

Researching all of the changes occuring, from fish, bird and wildlife die offs, to droughts, flooding, earthquakes, fires, volcano's, landslides, typhoons, hurricanes, wars, famines, pestilence, diseases, no peace left on the earth, politcal dissatisfaction.. You name it, we got it.

Sounds like the book of Joel, Matthew Chapter 24, Revelation, Jeremiah 25, and lets look at what Isaiah says in chapter 24

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgresson thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Hmm.. Maybe that is what is happening and we are seeing the results of this prophecy come to pass, eh? Look up for your redemption draws near?

I pray for the unbelievers. I pray that more people will turn to Jesus Christ, because people I know the scriptures and I have been watching and researching and warning people that these days were coming for over 15 years. I no longer say it is coming, I now say IT IS HERE!

OR, it is HAARP or some other man made technology causing the major earthquakes as the elites plummet the world into chaos to make people believe that the end of times is here [note 2012 hype], and the Maitreya will rise to "save" everyone and usher in a one world government, one world economic system, and a one world religion.

Many now expect the return of their awaited Teacher, whether they call him the Christ, Messiah, the fifth Buddha, Krishna, or the Imam Mahdi. Millions now know that the Teacher who fulfills all these expectations is already living among us.

Maitreya, the World Teacher, has not come alone, but with a group of wise Teachers who have long guided humanity from behind the scenes.

www.share-international.org

Bizarre glowing cloud phenomenon in the sky was observed about 10 mins before the May 12, 2008 Sichuan earthquake took place. This was recorded in Meixian, Shaanxi province ~550km northeast of epicenter. The phenomenon was said to last for about 1 min.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I actually registered to post this. I am in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia (suburbs) and I have heard this noise/rumbling on a few occasions. It is usually around 4/5AM. At first I attributed it to cars or a plane but it lasts way too long to be either (not much traffic that time of night!). I heard it again tonight at around 6am, I was just about to drift off to sleep when it started and then I suddenly became wide awake.

An hour and a half later and the noise/rumbling has changed the level of volume. First it got a bit quieter and then it got louder again. I looked out my window a bunch of times and of course saw nothing out of the ordinary. It is a very low but constant rumbling and it is audible, albeit at a low volume.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by voodmon

I'm tellin ya man. Here in MN it is NOT airplanes. This sound is only happening in only two suburbs of St.Paul. and they are by a major airport. The sounds are completely different, and if that was the case they wouldn't still be investigating it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
I'm tellin ya man. Here in MN it is NOT airplanes.

I keep seeing posters claiming that these noises are aircraft, all the while disregarding the fact that (especially in the audio clip titled #3, I believe) the noise is constant.

Maybe one of you claiming the aircraft theory can explain why then the sound is constant, having no variation in decibal level which is caused by motion of travel - you know, you hear it in the distance, it gets louder on approach and fades with departure.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

It is a guess, but I'd say there is a fair chance it is the Yellowstone
hot spot acting up a bit.

We have seen some activity lately too, but nothing "big" so to speak.

Maybe some plate shifting due all the many small quakes near there.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

Aurora all over the earth is one of the symptoms of
Geomagnetic Reversal, ie. magnetic polar flip.

Geomagnetic Reversal

The current magnetic field is reducing in power faster than
in recorded human history.

Magnetic Storm - The Earth's Invisible Shield - the coming polar reversal

This movie has a lot of the details on how their may be
multiple poles and multiple Auroras all over the world
during the flip, and the fact that they are already seeing
massive magnetic anomalies.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
I'm tellin ya man. Here in MN it is NOT airplanes.

I keep seeing posters claiming that these noises are aircraft, all the while disregarding the fact that (especially in the audio clip titled #3, I believe) the noise is constant.

Maybe one of you claiming the aircraft theory can explain why then the sound is constant, having no variation in decibal level which is caused by motion of travel - you know, you hear it in the distance, it gets louder on approach and fades with departure.

Thank you, i guess some people haven't bothered to actually listen to the sound clips provided.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
thatguy1,

I am also in your general area (suburbs of Philly) I will have to stop taking Advil PM's for a bit and have a listen.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join