It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Obama American Flag?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisgustedOne

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
I really couldn't care less what flag someone displays...It lets them show there true colors...I've always been disgusted when people burned the American Flag, though I believed in their freedom to do it. However, I wonder what response one would get if they were burning this "Obama" flag. And for the record, I'm not an Obama hater...I don't like his policies and I think he's bad for the world in general, but I don't think he had anything to do with this flag...

has it occured to anybody that this flag might have been created by a right-winger, just to rouse up the base?

this literally could be called a "false flag operation"

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jimmyx]

God, I loved this one! Excellent call. Well said. Star for you!

Sad thing is you could be so right!

Still laffing!

There is no such thing as a False Flag.

We must take this as what it appears to be, otherwise we would have to examine all those times we were self-righteous and angry and it might have been that someone was jerking our chain.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That is a cool list Saturn. Now tell me, what is Obama doing to overturn any of it? Lets not pretend there is any difference between one and the other.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I liked the Tony Curtis movie about this flag being hoisted at Iwo Jima. He was just reaching to help push this thing up cause one of the guys was slipping. There was no battle raging -- it was just them putting the thing back up.

The military takes him on tour in the states and makes him a huge hero.

He dies of alcoholism or something, because he feels like a huge fraud.

War needs its heros, and while WW II was actually a war where America fought a good fight, I don't think this flag being raised in Vietnam would have the same impact.

It's kind of sad really -- WW II is the only war in 100 years that was even vaguely legitimate. And every bogus war for profit since then, has hung its hat on that mantel.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yes, it's in bad taste (IMO) to have Obama's image on the flag. It would be equally offensive if it were my own image or that of Alfred E. Newman. The fact is that people in the USA have a right to express themselves. The lack of a singular opinion is one of the things that gives our country strength.

Be it gold fringe on the edge of the flag, which hangs commonly in judicial settings, or a variety of other satires of our flag (green stripes, or "Theta", or "peace" in the field...) people have a right to express themselves however they would like to.

What is rightfully controversial to patriots of our country is the "slap in the face" that this flag offers. Many have risked their lives to defend us, and those like us, under the symbol of The Stars and Stripes. It's a unifying symbol of things that are worth dying for. A unifying symbol of a way of life. And most patriots would agree that they will fight just as hard for Americans that give proper respect to the flag, or that don't. Because the right to choose is the issue.

If one wanted to dig deeper into it, one could be worried that a symbol that has meant so much for so many for so long, might be becoming trivialized so that it could replaced trivially by another symbol at some point.... Until then, ANY American has a right to express themselves no matter how poor in taste they choose to do so.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

I don't think people are defending the *flag*, they're defending the right to create and display such a flag.

It is not considered illegal to alter the flag. Yes, there is a law on the books forbidding it; however, the Supreme Court has ruled that this is freedom of expression. That makes it legal.

This flag is only one among hundreds - possibly thousands - of designs that alter the official American flag. It shows a goofy-looking image of Obama. Big fat hairy deal. As others have pointed out (and displayed), there are flags with the peace sign, flags with the rainbow colors for stripes, flags with all kinds of logos and images that support some cause or belief or other notion. Why was the OP not outraged by any of these? Why just this one flag, and not all the others, often more egregious?

The only reason I see is that it was Obama's image on the flag, not that the flag was "desecrated". The OP continues to insist on patriotic sentiments and how our soldiers fought to preserve his freedoms (but not the freedoms of everyone, apparently). And yet, the only person who identified himself as a soldier said he was fighting exactly to allow people to fly whatever flag they wanted on their own property.

This thread isn't about some flag. It's about Obama.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Let's get caught up in bickering about yet another pointless thing.

No thanks. I could care less if Obama has his picture on anything, whether it be a flag or a toilet seat.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

And the current administration and Congress are working feverishly to rescind these infringements......

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'd have to agree that you can't blame BHO for this one...you have to blame one of his koolaid drinking supporters. And I'm not sure who objected to the BHO Chia Heads but, hey, I plan on buying one for XMAS...no stocking would be complete without a BHO Chia Head...use it as you see fit!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

Why are you so adamant about using the H in his name?

Who cares if his middle name is Hussein?

The silly things I see on here.

I'm beginning to doubt the whole "Deny Ignorance" motif of this place. It seems to deny one kind of ignorance and promote another.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think people need to calm down about this, there is a small minority of folk who really worship the guy and buy # like that. Whatever blows your skirt up. Leave them to it. After a year or so when Obama hasn't solved all the countries problems it'll be those people who will whine the loudest.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

here ya go, . Now shut up and stop whining. Its someone trying to make money of a popular icon, That is capitalism at its best

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ShiftTrio]

No doubt this will go unnoticed

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This is disturbing for a lot of reasons. One, it does seem to violate the law, and the fact that no one in the current administration is calling the creators of this thing out on the issue speaks volumes. It's the job of a president to uphold the law, but it appears as though he's willing to ignore the law if it regards the worship of his image. And yes, I said worship; some people even made Obama-as-messiah statues and artwork right after the election. Two, this flag says a lot about how some people feel about Obama. He's been placed as more important than the values upon which the country was founded, and even his statements that the Constitution (the one he is supposed to protect and defend) is flawed and should be changed (or even tossed out?). Third, such a flag is divisive in the extreme. It's bad enough to cause actual bloodshed, potentially. Bad idea, all around. Fourth, it's hypocritical. People that would fly this are certainly the same ones that would get all bent out of shape over something like the Obama joker image (even though they didn't mind an even worse Bush joker image...).

I am a veteran, and the wife of a soldier, and this seriously ticks me off, that someone would deface the flag in this fashion. No, I don't like other examples of defaced flags, either, or seeing them turned into clothing. Stripes? Sure. Stars? Fine. But not the whole flag turned into boxers or something. It's an issue of respect. It isn't about idol worship, but about respecting the symbol of what this nation is all about. Disrespect the symbol, and you show a disrespect for the nation. Obama has done that many times now, whether he had anything to do with this flag or not. He would not wear a flag pin, he removed the flag from his campaign plane and replaced it with his own symbol, and he even acted utterly bored and disrespectful at the 9/11 ceremony. He didn't salute the flag during the National Anthem. He's shown that he does not respect the country, and yet he took a position that demands he defend it. Small wonder some of us doubt his intentions.

The worst thing? This smacks of the behavior of so many fascist leaders, blasting their image all over for all to see and follow. Not the first thing he's done in that style.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
This smacks of the behavior of so many fascist leaders, blasting their image all over for all to see and follow. Not the first thing he's done in that style.

He's done? He's done?

What part of this whole issue do you not get?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Nothing more then a t-shirt? I think you need to look at the first pic. Their's two brass grommets (excuse the spelling?) on the side of the "flag".

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
This smacks of the behavior of so many fascist leaders, blasting their image all over for all to see and follow. Not the first thing he's done in that style.

He's done? He's done?

What part of this whole issue do you not get?

Exactly! They don't get any of it! NOTHING!
This kind of hysteria is insane! All because a Democrat is in office!
Crazy! Just crazy!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

At what point in the tiny thought process of your cut and paste job did you arrive at the pathetic conclusion that all gun owners and Americans who would fight, kill and die to defend the U.S. Constitution are all conservatives and vote Republican?

Pure logic bro.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadoMan
I'm sorry, but this post must be from a FOX News commentator because it reeks of no common sense and a vile hatred for our elected President and Nobel PEACE prize winner!

Republicans are such hateful, hateful people!

I'm a Democrat from a family of Democrats. I have nearly a dozen family members who have served for our country, fighting in every war beginning with WWII. Not a single person in my family likes our flag to be altered, regardless as to WHO or WHAT is on it.

We are not hateful Republicans. We are PROUD AMERICANS.

And awarding the Nobel Peace prize to someone who is currently fighting TWO wars and not looking to pull out any time soon - hoping it will encourage the recipient to be peaceful, well that's just a slap in the face to people who HAVE lived lives of peace and promoting the same and never received the award. Like Mahatma Ghandi, for example.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by Nivcharah]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The conspiracy goes even deeper than Obama!

A random person on the internet posted THIS!!!

Seriously people, please no more pointless hyperventilating Obama bashing threads.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You have a right to get riled up over this flag but you don't have the right to stop someone from displaying it.

What really gets me riled up is people who say "I could care less". If you think it is because I don't like people who don't care, you are part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That is one American flag I would definitely not mind watching some crazy foreigner burn while they scream LA-LA-LA as they fire their gun indiscriminatley in the air having no idea where the bullets are going to land.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join