It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Obama American Flag?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by shrike071

I am not worried about this flag replacing anything. However, I find its symbolism and the chosen image of Obama to be rather chilling given the power hungry nature of his administration. I also find the indifference shown to this image in this thread to be a little disturbing as well.

Really? So that's why you titled your thread "The New Obama American Flag"?

Because you weren't worried about it replacing our existing flag? Well - that makes you a simple-minded mudslinging instigator of conflict and of very little value to anything on this board (or anywhere else...)

Perhaps "Newsmax" would be a better home for you....

Desperate minds resort to personal attacks. Nothing better to say? Typical indeed. The flag is being sold on EBAY as the "Barack Obama USA Flag"

cgi.ebay.com...

As for your previous post. I know you would love a response but I will not waste my time responding to it.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jibeho]

but you won't answer anyone with a real point? take the easy response that MIGHT make you look better?

lame.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I just wonder why this flag or the house behind it is still standing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Multi-coloured pieces of fabric are not something i tend to care about.I would like to think soldiers fought for the people of a country and not a piece of fabric.People take their flags far too seriously imo....

Oh really?

It seems to the Soldiers think pretty highly of our colors.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b42e798b50ef.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just wanted to clear up the "this is a fake flag" argument.

A few weeks ago I was driving 'round town and was waiting at a stop light. On the corner there is gas station that frequently "rents" out a piece of the lot to people selling items. Usually they are very gawdy items. This particular time it happened to be someone selling flags.

All kinds of flags. Gay pride flags, Don't worry, Be happy flags, etc. etc. A few of them flying high were these very flags.

So they are being created for sale to consumers. I thought it was pretty ridiculous myself and very tasteless. I actually pointed it out in disbelief to my boyfriend who was in the car with me.

Either way, I don't see it as desecration. I think people take the flag too seriously anyway. Nothing more than idol worship if you ask me. I'm not a Christian but I do have a problem with idol worship, i.e. people putting extreme value on an object that is supposed to symbolize something else and if it get tampered with they flip their lid. Kinda like some people are doing on here.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i tihnk its looks pretty snappy!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by Solomons
Multi-coloured pieces of fabric are not something i tend to care about.I would like to think soldiers fought for the people of a country and not a piece of fabric.People take their flags far too seriously imo....

Oh really?

It seems to the Soldiers think pretty highly of our colors.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b42e798b50ef.jpg[/atsimg]

What's hilarious is after I posted I thought to myself "I bet these guys have that famous image in their heads of the flag being hoisted by the three soldiers among the battlefield"

and I come back to the thread, lo and behold, the image arises. Priceless.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It is an obama-nation, er.... I mean an abomination. But I would feel the same if it was Bush's picture, or McCain's, or JFK's or Abraham Lincoln's. And if you put gold fringe on it, I want that off, too.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by mister.old.school

Its not fake. A quick google search turns up this:

www.neoplexonline.com...

Obama USA 3'x5' Flag
in heavy polyester material!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Wimbly]

You will also find these flags on the site:

[edit on 10/12/2009 by clay2 baraka]

[edit on 10/12/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric

a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

I'm one of those people who fought for our country, I did so not to allow this guy to fly the "right" flag in his own yard, I fought so he could fly any damn flag he wants to at his own house.

Wow! Well said. Thank you for fighting for us, and thank you for your comment. All too often people think that "freedom" means freedom for others to agree with them. But freedom means allowing people the right to do what I don't like them doing.

I don't like the Obama flag. I think it's disrespectful and tacky. But I think that people should have the freedom to be disrespectful and tacky on their own property, in their own homes.

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
- Noam Chomsky

Thanks again for your great comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh stop your dam fussing over this idiot symbol, its as meaningless as the face of Bar Rack Obama. He's a liar and Commander and Thief. Anyone with half a brain knows we are here (where ever here is) and its NOT PRETTY. Deception everywhere and its only going to become more intense as we move to the end of 2009. We have not seen anything yet. May God have mercy on those who know the truth.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

This flag is a first!! We never saw Clinton, Carter, Bush or Reagan images emblazoned in the place of the stars.

Oh, I don't know about that. I Googled and found this image of Bush on the flag:

You certainly have a right to get fired up over anything you care to. Others have a right to display altered flags, a right guaranteed by the First Amendment. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
......I'm saluting each and every person that has given their lives in order for me and mine to have a good life.

I am saluting the founding fathers for giving us this country.

I am saluting the people now who risk their lives on a daily basis here and abroad to make sure that I and my children can live a better life.....

blah blah blah blah blah.

i am not ashamed to admit that i DO NOT feel pride in my country, and I DO NOT feel as though i owe anything at all (not even respect) to anyone for any of these pretended reasons you have listed above.

i am a FREE-MAN, which is not a status which is granted to my by my country. it is GOD-GIVEN. period. take yer flag and shove it.

yeah, i am one of those smartass kids whom back in gradeschool refused to stand for the pledge. i still refuse. i do not put my hand over my heart. i look the other direction. and it is my hope that these facts upset you, at least a little.

(oh yeah. i forgot. i ALSO served in the army for 6 very long years.)

to the topic: worst thread on ATS ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If it's just the flag that bothers you, why are you complaining about other memorabilia? Your just angry that people like him and would want an "Obama Chia Head" in the first place!
It's clear.

Actually, most polls indicate that the number that like him is dwindling for some strange reason.

Me, personally, I think I could get accustomed to the toilet paper version with little or no ill affects.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here's my favorite!

www.neoplexonline.com...

Honestly, these are novelty flags. No one is flying them and assuming that this is the true American flag.

I understand the sentiment behind the flags and even the flag design itself is based off the blood that was shed to bring this country to being, but it's JUST a piece of fabric. Hold the ideals higher than the object.

It's almost like you worship this object, which if I recall, is against the teachings of the bible.

Honor the ideal and the spirit and not the image.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Perhaps everyone who objects to this flag now understands a bit why Islam objects to pictures of Mohammed, eh?

Weirdly, I bet there is a big overlap among the group that think this flag is objectionable, but also think that Islam is silly for getting upset by pictures of Mohammed, and Allah

www.slate.com...

To me it seems you either respect sacred images, or not.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
I really couldn't care less what flag someone displays...It lets them show there true colors...I've always been disgusted when people burned the American Flag, though I believed in their freedom to do it. However, I wonder what response one would get if they were burning this "Obama" flag. And for the record, I'm not an Obama hater...I don't like his policies and I think he's bad for the world in general, but I don't think he had anything to do with this flag...

has it occured to anybody that this flag might have been created by a right-winger, just to rouse up the base?

this literally could be called a "false flag operation"

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jimmyx]

God, I loved this one! Excellent call. Well said. Star for you!

Sad thing is you could be so right!

Still laffing!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Did you know that the capacity of a life boat at sea, must have a 100% overload.

I do

That may be cutting it close, but is is enough to save all the souls aboard.

TRUTH

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MickC

Health & Safety eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh. My. God.

I thought at first I had seen it all once the Obama Commemorative Plate set with matching spoons signaled -- as we all know -- the marching orders for the army of embedded agents of Kenya, sent here as babies but fully indoctrinated in Wahabbist dogma.

But now that Obama's face, and not the good looking version, has appeared on an American flag, we know who is behind it....

.... the only remedy, is to buy two of the flags stained with tea by Chuck Norris himself, for every one Obama flag that is sold.

Who is with me? Do your patriotic duty and fight the Obama-Communism with your god-fearing Capitalist dollars and by the "Good Disgraced Flag" from a good American. Don't wait -- BUY NOW!

>> People fought and died for that flag -- not liberty and justice for all, or the common good, or some silly Bill of Rights.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

here ya go, . Now shut up and stop whining. Its someone trying to make money of a popular icon, That is capitalism at its best

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ShiftTrio]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join