It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Obama American Flag?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sly001
I like Americans. I am yet to see a nation so obsessed with a flag as Americans are. I'm sorry I'm going to digress a little bit, why is everyone has to outdo the next guy when it comes to displaying the flag. Do you really have to prove your patriotism by waving the flag everywhere?

Yes.

It's good for morale.

.....and warmongering.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
why are you crying about the flag being altered ! its going to be changed anytime soon anyways , with the adition of some more stars once they install some more democracy across the world !

and like the government of america gives a F**K about a law protecting it, they break all the other constitutional laws and dont care about them either !

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
some idiot just created this as a marketing opportunity to make some money. Is it wrong to alter the US flag? Yes it is. Are there more important things to worry about at the present time? watch the news. Read the paper, look around. In 2012 we will have a new president and we can get on with complaining about him/her then. Don't get your panties in a wad over this.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

here ya go, . Now shut up and stop whining. Its someone trying to make money of a popular icon, That is capitalism at its best

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ShiftTrio]

No doubt this will go unnoticed

No, it didn't go unnoticed. But let's split hairs for a second just for clarification: The image you linked to is of Ronald Reagan IN FRONT of an unaltered American flag. Do you see the difference?

Back to the original topic, I think this has gotten way out of hand due to the title of the thread. People are focusing too much on the fact that, in this case, it just happens to be an image of Obama in place of the stars. ANY image, as many have been cited in this thread, should be noted as an indication of where Americans are in terms of love for their country.

This is just one example of a downward spiral of respect and appreciation for what used to make our country great. We are such a fragmented nation that there is little hope, in my mind, for ever regaining any status of greatness in our lifetime. Americans just don't care about being American. I for one think it is a good thing to pledge allegiance to the country that you have accepted as your own. If you don't like it, leave. You want to live in America and enjoy the benefits of this nation, and there are many (if you think otherwise move to Mexico for awhile and see how you like it), then you should support the ideals on which this nation was founded. That begins by recognizing and supporting The Flag of the United States of America.

If that "means nothing" to you, then you really shouldn't be living in this nation as far as I'm concerned. Are there problems with America? Of course, but do something constructive about it. Just sitting around being subversive and making a show about how much you don't care about the flag doesn't solve the problems, it just adds to it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This image may explain why our flag is so revered. This "piece of cloth" as it has been described accompanies our dead soldiers home from war.

Gee...is it now legal in the US for those photos to be taken/displayed?

Cuz it sure wasn't a while back.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

This image may explain why our flag is so revered. This "piece of cloth" as it has been described accompanies our dead soldiers home from war.

That is a widely used old stock photo and the Pentagon lifted the photo ban on Feb. 26. Nice try.

www.boston.com...

[edit on 13-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

That is a widely used old stock photo and the Pentagon lifted the photo ban on Feb. 26. Nice try.

Good to hear that...it really wasn't a very nice rule. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Self edit to show how we do things up here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

No, I never did say that I respected any rights to fly any flag. I said I don't care. I do are however care, when such a flag is used to divide humans, by making some people believe that somehow, they are different or superior to others. There is no hate in me. I never referred to conservatives, and I don't know what comfortable little box you have put me into in your mind, when you state that "you are the nastiest little haters around", but I assure you, the little tag you have placed upon me and my beliefs is very, very, wrong. I am saddened, not hatefull, that people like you value a piece of cloth, and the men who rally around it, above other human lives.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Ismail]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I like how you honor your fallen in Canada. I especially like the presentation of all of those crisp unaltered Canadian Flags.

In my neck of the woods we have this to be proud of.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I like how you honor your fallen in Canada. I especially like the presentation of all of those crisp unaltered Canadian Flags.

In my neck of the woods we have this to be proud of.

www.flickr.com...

As you should be. And frankly, one of my favourite memories of the States is a trip through Pennsylvania in mid-July, with all of the small town streets festooned with red, white and blue bunting. I like America, and I like Americans. That's why I hold up a mirror (albeit slightly pink-tinged
)

This thread? Don't sweat the small stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
this is the only flag I endorse to burn..

This is just another two pumps on the inflation device of his ego..

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
Obama should never be insulted or questioned but should be revered in all manners. He is a man of peace hence the Nobel Peace Prize. Everybody who's against Him are infidels.

Hail Obama the Messiah!

Obama save us! In Obama we trust! We pledge allegiance to Obama because his mug is on the flag.

The only people saying we all expect Obama to walk on water is folks like yourself. And then you criticize him for not walking on water.

>> And nonsense like that is going to allow the Dems and compromised Republicans to pass a bill that force some folks who don't need to to buy Health Insurance. Gone is the Public Option and added is a big wet kiss to the insurers. They give up pre-existing conditions, and the health insurers are going to get 45 million new customers -- but the new bill, lost the penalties for people not buying insurance (that's good). We need to be paying attention to things like this that WILL affect our lives -- rather than stupid flags. The US flag isn't worth one hungry kid in the US -- it's a symbol, and you can honor it all you want, but don't bother worshipping it -- the flag does not care.

We have massive corruption and we are bickering while we are getting robbed blind. Obama is an OK Republican light, and the nonsense of manchurian candidate is like arguing about whether Reagan died his hair during the 80's. Nobody sensible is going to listen to you -- and you blew any influence you had on this BS.

Stop the straw men, the hidden racism and the cute little conspiracy theories -- you fool nobody but yourself, you just hate the ethnic guy, and find a reason that could have been true of the last 5 presidents -- let's talk about the overt lack of prosecutions of real crimes with banking, the handouts to multinationals and the wars which have not been justified -- so the whole argument of "our need to rebuild" is moot. You and I know, that however we might be disheartened by what happens to educated women in Afghanistan as the fundy Taliban takes over -- it is going to happen. We didn't care before we invaded, and the world will remain messed up when we leave. The only thing we can do is set an example of what prosperity and justice look like -- or at least fake it until we get it right.

But this is all an excuse to keep it going, to burn our wealth and leave us the bill. There is no "revelations" going on here and if you wanted to criticize Obama -- you could look at REAL issues. I'd be happy to discuss those. What we have here is kids peeing in a sand box.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

who cares? it's not anything permanent.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
But it's not an altered flag, it's a new flag.

Edit: PS

Unless the intended Obama flag was originally an "American flag in the making", at what point did the flag become an altered one, rather than a whole new flag? Was it ever an American flag?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by semidiablan]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Oh yeah...dictator??? What is he dictating?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

THis image is simply disgusting and a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

It is a sensationalist image created by the extreme-right-wing website on which it appears.

The story has no merit, and your posting here only contributes to the furtherance of lies and distortion.

Well Mr. Old School, I haven't seen you in awhile. And you're correct again with your assessment of the OP.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And yet, this has gone on for ten pages... such a waste of bandwidth.

Look - he's president. You can't change that for the next three years.

Unless I see it flying in an official capacity, its a novelty flag. I got two or three of other novelty flags, too.

As it did NOT begin as a US flag, it doesn't fall under the flag laws. To make it clear - just because you feel that it is, doesn't make it so. If that were the case, then driving fast, having saggy pants, or any one of a hundred things would be illegal - pointlessly.

BTW - if you are truly conservative, then why are you citing federal (read government intervention) statutes? Do you really want the gov't in someone's personal expression?

And, the symbol of the US - yes, it is the national flag. Its a symbol. Symbols have meaning whtn they are imbued with meaning by the people looking at them. The Eye of Ra was once a divine symbol, but it means jack and poo now - its meaning is diminished because we have few Ra worshippers here. Thus, the flag is only a symbol when you imbue meaning into it - do you really intend to imbue meaning into an Obama flag?

Until people decide to talk and not preach, we will have endless stupid arguments like this.

Some liberals would actually like to hear a solid, cogent argument. this is how the big boys do it. Shouting louder and being insultive is playground crap.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I never thought that I would see the day. THis image is simply disgusting and a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.
[edit on 12-10-2009 by jibeho]

How dare they! Rabble Rabble Rabble. What a disgrace to everyone who has ever died in the US - we know they all died to prevent the creation of novelty flags! Rabble Rabble Rabble. Forget about the real issues! Let's whine about novelty flags that were probably made by right-wing morons to anger other right wing morons. By the way, where was your sense of decency when people were posting threads with American flags with hammers and sickles instead of stars? Oh yeah - they were using the images to bash Obama so it was okay.

Neocon - this is a joke, you're a joke. Keep up this absurd rambling and lose the support of even more moderates.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acb084ff3549.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
The only people saying we all expect Obama to walk on water is folks like yourself. And then you criticize him for not walking on water.

Exactly - The neocons have been calling him Jesus because he won the election by a wide margin because nobody wanted the old man and the crazy woman. It doesn't take Jesus Christ to defeat McCain and Palin.

After he takes office, they rewrite his campaign promises. He actually said he'd end combat operations in Iraq within 16 months. Five minutes after he takes office, the neocons ask why he hasn't end the war in Iraq like he promised. Then they ask why he didn't instantly close Gitmo.

The only ones who are deluded about who or what Obama is are the crazy neocons. McCain and Palin lost because McCain is utterly incompetent and Palin is looney toons. Deal with it and stop accusing anyone who doesn't think like you of being brainwashed.

There's no liberal commentators asking us to look for hidden messages in artwork. That brand of whacked-in-the-head is owned by the neocons like Glenn Beck.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have read ATS posts off and on for a while now. I guess now that I have joined I need to add my 2 cents. Unfortunately I'm starting here... Good Heavens!! Aren't there far more critical things to post about in today's political landscape? George Carlin once said in his act that if you nailed 2 things together that had never been nailed together before... some shmuck would buy it! I think this demonstares that perfectly! And to actually post about it here seems to be a waste of the electrons needed to do so! But we do live in a free country (since I last checked) and I'm sure you're within your rights to voice your dissatisfaction.

I do find it terribly interesting that as America becomes more populated with a huge number of immigrants from all over the world, more frequently I'm seeing the use of "pictures" of our political icons to be used in either protests or rallys to demonstate people's thoughts, whether in support or comdemnation. Seeing these displays in the different media outlets remind me more of 3rd world nations, the middle/far east and the dwindling communist nations than the America I grew up in! When did we forget how to make signs with real words, thoughts and catchy slogans?

I'm convinced that ATS is right... the real conspiracy is the right and left inspiring hate and so much distrust among the populace that the real issues that need attention in our country are only being addressed by the lobbyists for the special interest groups (those with huge sums of money at stake). So much so that the only winners are big businesses and the political machines on both sides of the isle. Meanwhile we have people that are getting worked up over a novelty flag and other equally inane issues while government gets larger and takes our freedoms away while our attention is diverted to "stuff" that in a few months or years no one will remember or even care about except on future episodes of the "Traveling Antiques Roadshow" on PBS!

Thanks for letting me vent!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join