It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Obama American Flag?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
God , I miss the old days when conservatives argued valid, relevant issues. Is this what they have become...pathetic, isn't it?

I wonder what will they post next.

I'm sure they'll think of something stupid..

As for the guy or gal who tried selling these things on Ebay; isn't that what capitalists do?

They're probably from China or Taiwan, where all of our real flags come from.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I have never before in my life been tempted to burn a flag... until this thread.

I'm with you on that one. This Obama Flag has no special meaning for me...just a rag to wipe my a** with.
I said some time back that when images of Obama are displayed like they do in Communist countries WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh look, an ATS member finding patterns where they don't exist, and blowing something way out of proportion. Who would have thought.

Translation: Get real. Put on your big boy critical thinking hat. This is nothing more than a knick knack. Like the 9/11 victims American Flag. The US Government would never adopt this flag, no matter how fanatical this country is about Mr Obama.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWH44
reply to post by mikerussellus

By allowing the flag to be altered, you are showing a divided nation. It is a sign of the degradation of our patriotic spirit. And what is the quickest way to defeat a nation? To divide the people.

By supporting this flag, you are supporting a divided nation. We should all be able to see where that road goes. To those that say "Freedom of speech?" Of course we are entitled to that. As others have said, if you want to express your support for Obama, then by all means, create a fresh and original flag to do so. But to openly alter our historically adopted symbol of American unity is a shot at the nations spirit from within.

And yet, the flag has been altered many times over the years (26 times to be exact). I wont say I like this flag: but with the addition of other places to join the USA (commonwealths) the flag should be altered to add their star into the warm web that is the American flag...well when we recognize them as part of us

I hate most politicians, but I cant find a single thing that supports that he is going to change the flag at all. Anyone have anything that has him speaking of it? other then that: this ideal is one of dis-facing and fear-mongering.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's pretty much a fake flag. Like a piece of art or something. Really, no reason to get upset.

Now, if they actually tried to replace our flag with this, then you'd have reason to be pissed of. But they're not. This is just some stupid store on ebay selling things.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Doesn't matter WHERE it is flying. It is a desecration of the American Flag and is as far as I know ILLEGAL.

also DISGUSTING

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The flags looks real to me... as in you can probably , physically touch it...
But I don't think that Mr. Obama will be swapping out "Old Glory" any time in the near future! Sorry OP...

Maybe Obama has his Marketing/Advertising Czar in touch with everyone about every type of possible merchandise... Or... maybe people are just trying to make a quick "buck"...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is catchy! So much so, we're adopting this for idea for the UK too...

Union Jackass

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Obama should never be insulted or questioned but should be revered in all manners. He is a man of peace hence the Nobel Peace Prize. Everybody who's against Him are infidels.

Hail Obama the Messiah!

Obama save us! In Obama we trust! We pledge allegiance to Obama because his mug is on the flag.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I think that would make a fine flag.

and we should make toilet paper with g w bush's face on it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I was just browsing Dave's Flags and he has a few alterations of the American flag that are NOT Obama related. If I read the OP correctly, this is about altering the U.S. flag and no Obama so where is the outrage over the other flags?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Oh and I'm sure obama designed it yeh? This was designed and is being sold by someone not associated with Obama himself. It's merchandise, thats all. Grow up.

When Obama proclaims himself as the son of god, I will start to worry. But until then, he's a decent president.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Wow, that's way worse than the one with a Harley Davidson or a swastika in the corner... well maybe not worse than the one with the swastika.

If you've got a problem with that or any other defacement of the sacred colors of the British East India Company (which even when pawned off as the colors of a supposedly free and unrelated nation did bear the union either explicitly or in the pattern of the stars from 1775-1818) then press your congressional representative for a law protecting it.

Until then, don't panic. You'll be fine... assuming of course you didn't forget your towel. (preferably a bath towel- it takes too much wind to make a beach towel flap magestically). Not that I have any particular esteem for towels, but far fewer men have died for that particular peice of fabric, and I'd call that a plus.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The U.S. seems to be handing over all rights to their ability to criticize.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I like Americans. I am yet to see a nation so obsessed with a flag as Americans are. I'm sorry I'm going to digress a little bit, why is everyone has to outdo the next guy when it comes to displaying the flag. Do you really have to prove your patriotism by waving the flag everywhere?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sly001

This image may explain why our flag is so revered. This "piece of cloth" as it has been described accompanies our dead soldiers home from war. This "piece of cloth" is carefully and precisely folded and is then presented to the family members of the fallen soldiers. The flag takes on a different meaning when you have been presented with one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I like it. I think it looks better than other one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
But then again no-one is yet to proclaim that this is going to the national flag. Just chill. Go back to sleep for a while. By the time you wake up you might realize that no-one is out to get you

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
It's not flying above the white house, the post office or any other federal building.

People here svream about civil liberties and personal rights and freedom, but this flying above a private residence is an outrage?

I guess I just don't "Get" the double standard.

If you don't want anyone getting into what you do at your house, why get steamed about what someone else does at theirs?

because it is defacing a national icon that has a specific bylaw to support it. that all goes along with proper disposal of a flag if it is a) unserviceable or b) has touched the ground. if either of these conditions are met, the flag must be disposed of properly which is being burned.

why any citizen would deface the symbol of our great nation is beyond me. if you really have that much disdain for the country you live in, you can do something about it to make it better, keep it to yourself, or leave.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Obama isn't worth a nickel of dog crap to me and the flag of the United States of America doesn't earn all that much more respect from me.

But this issue with the Obama flag is ridiculous. It is not being used as an official U.S. Flag is it?

Once you replace the stars with an image of Obama, then it ceases to be a U.S. flag at all. It is simply an Obama flag. An Obama flag which is very similar to the U.S. flag. But still not at all illegal.

I recognize the right of anyone to produce, sell and/or display any flag they can dream up, as long as it does not infringe on my own rights.

Whether or not I or others find it offensive is not a relevant issue.

This is supposed to be a free country, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join