It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon suicidal following U.S. bullying

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Gotta love America.

Always going for the easy targets.

I'd love to see them demand extradition to the myriad of chinese hackers. But no, a vulnerable and honest man with issues and people on here are demanding he be locked away for 60 years.

It's because one English man made the American government look like the careless fools they really are. Simple as that.

Always the soft targets. In fact i'm suprised some of the people on here haven't demanded air strikes over the UK...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Malcram

He deleted files from 9 computers which shut down 2000. What's the big problem here? You think he's any less guilty? 60 years ought to teach him a lesson and send a message to other hackers.

By all accounts the USA is one nation under god, bush went to war with god on his side and the US claims to be predominantly xtian.

Now should be the time for US xtians to practice what they preach and have beseech their government to forgive Gary Mckinnon.

To those US citizens who are not suffering the delusion of religion, perhaps you should bear in mind that Mkinnon did this during the Bush regime. Have you yet brought Bush, Cheney,Rumsfeld to trial ?

Er, No that's one of those hard things like thinking, much easier to hang a geek.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
reply to post by ufo reality

Let's keep our heads when dealing with this person! He committed a crime and he has to pay for it. The dealing between nations has nothing to do with the basic crime. He is a criminal.

I tend to think of thugs, robbers, rapist, child molesters and crooked polititians (which most are) as being criminals. This was just some dude who had to much time on his hands and wanted some answers... I think he needs to be convited of computer hacking and thats a pretty serious offense in itself but it's because he saw something nobody was supposed to see that he's in the boat he's in.

If he winds up dead I have serious doubts that it was self inflicted.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
And just when I argue that no one was advocating McKinnon to be pardoned...

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Where is the proof about UFO's? I'm in a UFO forum, that's what matters to me... Where is it? I haven't seen it... Have you

I was talking about HIS evidence. If he was doing this for that matter, where is it?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
I was talking about HIS evidence. If he was doing this for that matter, where is it?

Again, why are you asking for the accused to present the evidence that support his motives, and yet you have no problem not seeing the evidence against him. Presumption of innocence has no bias.

I could understand you having looked at the evidence against him and then reaching this conclusion, but you haven't, none of us have - the US Government hasn't provided any evidence, only allegations.

By the way, I never claimed McKinnon got too see any (legitimate) information about UFOs. At the most, if he indeed saw any UFO related information on those systems I suspect they were deliberately put there for disinformation purposes.

This is just in case you continue to think I'm only arguing the burden of proof should be honored because he's talking about UFOs.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If all the "truth seekers" on this website had the ability of McKinnon, has a
hacker i say it would be very tempting to have a look for U.F.O pics and the like.

It,s just information he had a look at on unsecured computers it was not like he lead countries into a war, with fabricated evidence. A war that as killed hundreds of thousands, and made a region unstable with no one held accountable. Strange sense of law and righteousness we have in the world.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by mtok7]

[edit on 12-10-2009 by mtok7]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

the US Government hasn't provided any evidence, only allegations.

That is a point worth repeating, the only clue we have as to motive is the note he left on one of the government machines.

"US foreign policy is akin to government-sponsored terrorism these days? It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand-down on September 11 last year...I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels.”

We don't know if this is a troll or genuine confusion on Gary's part....yet.

Some readers have made the link from the X files "Lone Gunman" Pilot series but I'm not going to start laughing till we hear more of the story.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Again, why are you asking for the accused to present the evidence that support his motives, and yet you have no problem not seeing the evidence against him.

That is just false.

I could understand you having looked at the evidence against him and then reaching this conclusion, but you haven't, none of us have - the US Government hasn't provided any evidence, only allegations.

I never said I was talking about the court case. I'm talking about the mentality in this community. To me, this guy deserves no attention, and its spreading like fire. Now, all kind of bs CP's will emerge just to defend him, "because he was searching for the truth".

By the way, I never claimed McKinnon got too see any (legitimate) information about UFOs. At the most, if he indeed saw any UFO related information on those systems I suspect they were deliberately put there for disinformation purposes.

Nobody did, and yet, everyone is caring about what he has to say.

But it's simple logic... If he committed the crime, he got to some point, or else, nothing like this would happen.

Now, if he got the information, BECAUSE he was searching for UFO truth... Let us have it. He doesn't even speak about it.

...What leads me to believe that he is just making this up to get people to defend him, because he has 0. He just hacked, what to me doesn't deserves any type of attention.

This is just in case you continue to think I'm only arguing the burden of proof should be honored because he's talking about UFOs.

Everyone in here may play around, pretending not to care... But it is because he said "UFO".

If he didn't, this wouldn't even be up in here.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Everyone in here may play around, pretending not to care... But it is because he said "UFO".

I'm not sure there is anything else for us to discuss if after I just explained, several times, my interest and point of view in this case you continue to say that it's really just because it's UFO related.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
One very important question to ask when ANYTHING is called a crime is:
Who is the victim, and what are the damages.
If you have trouble answering, well, there's your answer.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I never said I was talking about the court case. I'm talking about the mentality in this community. To me, this guy deserves no attention, and its spreading like fire.

Whenever Government goes after individuals because of their secrets and threatens to lock that person up for the rest of their lives, everyone should pay very close attention, especially if that Govt has been proven to be deceptive, malignant and to use torture etc. and when it is acting like foreign citizens are automatically under it's authority. There are so many reasons why this case should get attention and be of real concern to us all.

Not so. I'm infinitely more interested in the immorality and inhumanity of this case than it's connection with UFO's. Also, it's the fact that his motivation was basically benign and well intentioned. I'd have the same feeling about it if he had solely been looking for evidence of free, clean energy, rather than also UFO's.

If he didn't, this wouldn't even be up in here.

No, there is far more to this case. You just don't seem to accept it when people point it out.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You can simply ignore this if the question has already asked.

Does anybody know what kind of information he has gained from hacking?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8thwonder
You can simply ignore this if the question has already asked.

Does anybody know what kind of information he has gained from hacking?

Are you asking what he apparently found in the NASA systems?

Off the top of my head:

A document titled "Non-Terrestrial Officers" with a list of names
Photos showing UFO's
Other photos where the UFO's had been removed
Documents that mentioned free energy technology and that it's being used

I'm sure there was other stuff, but I'm tired and can't remember everything right now.

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Malcram

He deleted files from 9 computers which shut down 2000. What's the big problem here? You think he's any less guilty? 60 years ought to teach him a lesson and send a message to other hackers.

By all accounts the USA is one nation under god, bush went to war with god on his side and the US claims to be predominantly xtian.

Now should be the time for US xtians to practice what they preach and have beseech their government to forgive Gary Mckinnon.

To those US citizens who are not suffering the delusion of religion, perhaps you should bear in mind that Mkinnon did this during the Bush regime. Have you yet brought Bush, Cheney,Rumsfeld to trial ?

Er, No that's one of those hard things like thinking, much easier to hang a geek.

Religion has nothing to do with this topic at all. So don't try to turn this into something it's not.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

We aren't Scotland.
His adventures in hacking cost the taxpayers a lot of money. A message needs to be sent to prevent further attacks.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 8thwonder

If he actually had any information of any real value the US would probably just leave him alone, or have him disappeared. If he knew anything of value it could have been used as a bargaining chip. He must be the most inept hacker ever if he found anything but neglected to create some backup of this just in case. Considering his self proclaimed goals, where are the fruits of his labours? Where is his disclosure?

Nowhere. He fails at hacking, he fails at covering his tracks, he fails at making excuses when he's caught and he fails at persistent whining due to failing at everything else he does in life. People should be far more concerned with the laws in this case, not the individual, who as it stands, is just a distraction.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by quackers]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Religion has nothing to do with this topic at all. So don't try to turn this into something it's not.

Beg to differ lol, but a huge swathe of the deluded xtians (we're talking probably millions of people here) believe that aliens are demons.

Gary Mckinnon exposed a demon conspiracy to take over our planet, US citizens should be very greatful to him

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

People should be far more concerned with the laws in this case, not the individual, who as it stands, is just a distraction

Totally agree dude, I would imagine that the US PTB know fully well that the average UK offender (has Mckinnon got previous ?) goes to court gets told off maybe unlucky enough to get some community service.

If they get locked up it's three meals a day sky TV and unlimited supply of sex and drugs. Upon release a couple of months with the stretched to the limit melting pot of bureaucracy and political correctness of probation services, then a quick jump to the front of the queue for a nice new housing association flat.

Gary could perhaps do well by keeping quiet but remain in the limelight, if he does get shipped off to the US he could make an absolute fortune if he survives the ordeal.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by nightmare_david

Gary Mckinnon exposed a demon conspiracy to take over our planet, US citizens should be very greatful to him

I agree. I think this is what has caused the strong (and very over-zealous) reaction from the US authorities. It's not really a matter of what he did any more, and whether or not it was legal, it was what he "might have" (and probably did) seen that has caused them to go into a flat spin.

My personal opinion was that he was just an average dude looking for UFO evidence, nothing more, nothing less. He got busted by the bobbies, and was to be dealt with accordingly (wasn't doing any damage - the UK authorities knew this) under his own country's law. The notion that the USA can walk in and try to extradite him based on practically nothing is absurd. What is more absurd is that the UK government is not willing (it seems) to step up and say "Hang on a second here guys, show us some proof...".

I think the reason that not all that many US citizens are familiar with the situation (for the record, I am neither American nor British) is that the government has suppressed details. My understanding is that there has been only a few small tid-bits of info trickled to the media in the US, all of which practically make him look like a nutter (playing Devil's advocate here - which may well be the case. I personally don't think so, however in some fields that is a widely accepted opinion). I agree 100% that he did the public a favour by exposing the 10 ton Gorilla in the room that nobody knew about. Whether or not he has to pay the price for that (and I DEARLY hope he does not, considering they've got essentially no evidence) we will be better off in the end if you can consider his information credible.

Although this is probably a slightly outlandish statement - he does have no evidence of what he saw. However, given the US government's reaction to the whole thing, you don't need a PhD to work out what he probably did stumble upon.

[edit on 13/10/09 by SkEpTiCiSM]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Let's keep our heads when dealing with this person! He committed a crime and he has to pay for it. The dealing between nations has nothing to do with the basic crime. He is a criminal.

If this had been the other way around (ie. if a US citizen had hacked the computers in a British installation), would the US government allow that person to be shipped over to Britain to face trial?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join