It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon suicidal following U.S. bullying

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
AND all he did was remote access the computer that wasnt even password protected. The morons at NASA should have the computers password encrypted at least.

If you leave your car unlocked and someone steals it, is it any less a crime? If you leave your door unlocked and someone walks in uninvited and unwelcome, is it any less a crime?

your absolutely right it is a crime to steal something that isnt yours. But before we go any further let me remind you he only looked at the pics he didnt copy and delete the pics. So your analogy along with your logic is flawed. Nice try but.

I think your missing the point here and arguing about the wrong issue here. There was no theft and no damage. if you walk past someones house and they dont have curtains and you see someone doing something that you know effects the rest of the country will you pretend you didnt see anything???? Come on man be realistic. He didnt do anything nearly as bad as they are blowing this out to be. Worst case he should get a fine or a slap on the wrist not jail time. jesus even drug dealers get a warning. get some perspective on the subject.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Malcram

Really? Global exploitation is buying cheap, poorly-made crap from other countries? Buying oil from countries that would still consist of tribes and mud-huts, if not for oil money is exploitation?

It would be too great a digression and would take too long to explain to you how America and it's pollutes and exploits and bullies the rest of the world and consumes far more than it's fair share of the worlds natural resources. You will have to do some research, if you are actually interested in the truth. It's not the only nation to do so, but overall it's the worst offender because it's the only real 'superpower' - and boy, doesn't it make sure the rest of the world knows it!

This isn't the fault of 'Americans', because 'Americans' are exploited by the architects of the American Empire too. So don't take it personally.

But American's have to realize that becoming an Imperial Power, a superpower, which directly impacts the entire world on every level means that the whole world is invested in and affected by what America does, or lies about or suppresses (both directly and through massively powerful US corporations) has real consequences. If America messes with everybody else's business - and it has - you can expect that, sooner or later, everyone else will start messing with 'America's business', including NASA.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
to further an above posters point,

if your having 'relations' with your partner, and the blinds arent closed, and someone walks by and happens to look.. who is at fault? the person who looked or the people having relations and not closing the blinds?

in this case, the walker by is being murdered for looking in

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Resources we buy? Don't sell them to us. I'd rather buy American anyway.

Yes, yes, of course we are so exploited by our empire. What utopian paradise are you from?

You do know G. McKinnon was investigated and arrested by the UK, correct? Of course they are a genuine empire- or at least they were.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

Resources we buy? Don't sell them to us. I'd rather buy American anyway.

Yes, yes, of course we are so exploited by our empire. What utopian paradise are you from?

You do know G. McKinnon was investigated and arrested by the UK, correct? Of course they are a genuine empire- or at least they were.

Clearly you are too invested in identifying with what you think is your 'team' to look at America's place in the world objectively. It's a shame, because the people who control America and act in your name are very definitely not on 'your team'.

Still, enjoy the illusion.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Naeem82

Do you know anything about the case? He deleted files from 2000 computers, causing them to shut down for 1 day. That's just taking a peek? Do you think if I went over to Langley CIA, hopped a gate or jumped a fence, and found an open door and was caught, I could would get off scott free by saying I was just having a peek?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Naeem82

Do you know anything about the case? He deleted files from 2000 computers

Deleted files from 2000 computers? Do you have proof of this?

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

link

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

reply to post by Naeem82

Do you know anything about the case? He deleted files from 2000 computers

Deleted files from 2000 computers? Do you have proof of this?

Of course not, because that never happened. If he had been deleting all those files like they say he did, he wouldn't have been doing it for soo long. He would have been caught a lot sooner.

Gotta love how they say he did exactly $5,000 (I believe that's the amount) worth of damage on each computer he accessed

[edit on 12-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

What, you think the US government is after him for money? He has none. Bringing him to the US and prosecuting him will probably cost several $100000. A conviction and jail sentence will send a message to the next hacker who wants to infiltrate our systems.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

link

Did you read what the document you linked to actually said? It begins:

The appellant’s alleged criminality

Alleged. Not proven. Is the U.S. alleging something (in order to secure an extradition) enough for you to consider it fact?

Also, you said he 'deleted files from 2000 computers'

He isn't even accused of that. The details of the claim are that he:

"deleted data from them including critical operating system files from nine computers, the deletion of which shut down the entire US Army’s Military District of Washington network of over 2000 computers for 24 hours."

That's considerably different from your claim.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

What, you think the US government is after him for money? He has none. Bringing him to the US and prosecuting him will probably cost several $100000. A conviction and jail sentence will send a message to the next hacker who wants to infiltrate our systems.

'Our systems' LOL.

You really do think you're on 'Team America' don't you?
(The reference to the film of the same name is unintentional but strangely pertinent LOL)

Your loyalty is terribly misplaced.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Oh, of course. he must be innocent., and all charges are false.

Actually I was going on memory from what I had read of the case. When I looked for a source, I found the document which said deleted files caused 2000 computers to be shut down for 24 hours.

Of course you were blindly defending him without having any knowledge of the case whatsoever, other than if the US wants to prosecute him, so he must be an innocent martyr.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

Oh, of course. he must be innocent., and all charges are false.

Actually I was going on memory from what I had read of the case. When I looked for a source, I found the document which said deleted files caused 2000 computers to be shut down for 24 hours.

Of course you were blindly defending him without having any knowledge of the case whatsoever, other than if the US wants to prosecute him, so he must be an innocent martyr.

Excuse me? You were the one who made an error regarding the facts of the case, not me. So your claim that I and others are "without any knowledge of the case" is a bit rich! lol.

And he is innocent of the alleged crimes, until proven guilty, or have you forgotten that too?

Yes, he admits wrongdoing and should receive a reasonable punishment, I've never said otherwise. But it's pretty clear that those in the U.S. going after McKinnon are not interested in reasonable or just punishment.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Where did I say they were after him for money? I never said or implied that. Don't put words into my mouth
What I've already said is I believe he's being used to make an example out of. Obviously they don't care for the money. He got in way too easily. They WANTED people in their systems and he even said there were many others from around the world also in there looking around.

The $5,000 worth of damage to each system was the exact amount needed in order to charge him. Now what are the odds he would do exactly $5,000 worth on EACH system?

You've already admitted you're going off your memory of what you've read of it and you've also proven you don't know a whole lot about it at all.

Who is blindly doing what here?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Where did I say they were after him for money? I never said or implied that. Don't put words into my mouth

The $5,000 worth of damage to each system was the exact amount needed in order to charge him. Now what are the odds he would do exactly $5,000 worth on EACH system?

Exactly, an objective examination of the allegations made by the U.S. makes it abundantly clear that they are just saying whatever it takes to secure the extradition. They are lying and twisting and abusing the conditions for extradition just to get their own way. This doesn't bode well for McKinnon getting anything that resembles justice once they have him on U.S. soil.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

You clearly didn't know anything about the case, which is why you asked for a link.
He admitted guilt, but I guess you know that already?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Oh, I've just researched the case.
Is that why you keep editing your posts?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

You clearly didn't know anything about the case, which is why you asked for a link.

I didn't ask for a link. I asked for proof of your claim that he deleted files from 2000 computers, and I asked because I knew you couldn't provide it and that it wasn't true. You proved my point very well.

He admits some things - I've never said otherwise - but he does not admit all that the U.S. alleges.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

Anyone who has ever read anything on McKinnon would know he has only denied one thing. The deletion of the files. Which is the one thing they have no proof of. The guy has been honest about everything he has done.

Try again

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join