It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon suicidal following U.S. bullying

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

It was my understanding that Mckinnon primarily surfed the directories of lower security DOD Unix based machines. It was fairly common practice for Admins to set permissions on user accounts to 666 so that groups and others could access information. Problem is that when a hacker finds an account without a password, they have access to read and write the entire file directory on the machine. The internet historically was a community based on trust where a cat flap port intentionally left open would not be abused.

These notes Gary left on the computers are telling E.G.

“US foreign policy is akin to government-sponsored terrorism these days? It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand-down on September 11 last year . . . I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels.”

Seems as though it could be taken almost verbatim from the pilot episode of the television series "The Lone Gunman" which was aired several months before the actual WTC implosions.

www.insidethex.co.uk...

So there is a case to be made that Gary felt the US military complex was abusing media control. Its the same emotionally guided case that we fight here in ATS except we agree to let the moderators control the content here. Mckinnons lawyer will have a pretty good war chest of potentially embarrassing facts for the defense if the trial is not sealed.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
the idiots at the pentagon and nasa forgot to change the administrators password (they left it default blank)...all he did was simply log in via remote networking...UN: Administrator PW: (blank)

Not only that. There's no default password in any modern operating system. The admin password is always set at the time of installation so in this case the sysadmins deliberately set it to blank by simply pressing the Enter key when that question came up during installation.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The BIG problem with his extraditing is that it has shone light on the fact that America can literally 'take away' UK citizens. The UK cannot however take citizens of the USA should the UK feel it's self under attack from criminals from the USA (which of course, never happens).

It's not so much about the fact that Garry successfully broke into the NASA honey pot and was caught with sticky fingers, it's rather the principle of the rules of extradition. This is in part, why he has so much support.

Of course he has been made an example of - the man has practically been tortured on a psychological level for the past how many years? How would it feel to you if you knew your own government really doesn't care less about you?

The Mckinnon case is nothing but a psy-op operation.

Incidentely, Garry has always looked slightly Alien to me!

[edit on 11-10-2009 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

DO YOU KNOW what asperger's syndrome is because you and everybody else who says he is a criminal, he gets what he deserves, 60 years and extradition to the US need to look up on it . Asperger's syndrome is a disorder that means those who have it get focused intently maybe even obsessively on certain things. Some will go to great lengths to discover more and learn about there obsession. Gary mckinnon HAS Asperger's syndrome he cant help it being so focused and obsessed with ufo's and aliens and he is going to be punished way too severely even for someone who didn't have the disorder.Put it this way someone with sleep sex disorder (disorder where you have sex while asleep ie you may end up raping you partner while asleep) the person has an episode in the night and end's up raping his partner she has him arrested and sent to court he is found guilty of rape and sentenced to 30 years in jail a jail on the otherside of the country not allowed to be visited. That put things into perspective for you? Only this is much worse for Gary it's on a much larger scale and the charges have been trumped up,damages suddenly appeared,nasa and the pentagon want revenge from a vunerable person because they are embaressed that their supposedly fool proof systems got broken into by an amatuer seeking the truth (the truth which we all deserve to know and they have no right to keep from us) another sad and disgusting fact against Gary,is that my once great nation now falling apart and laughable care more about a 'special' relationship than their own citizens.

He is willing to face the charges but on his own soil. for a man with a disorder who shouldn't have to serve the excessive sentance of 60 years cant we even grant him this 1 thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is an interview Gary gave a few years ago to the Guardian.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Apparently the most interesting thing he found was a list of "Non terrestrial" officers

He also talks about pictures of Cigar shaped objects, Unfortunately for him, he was only using a dial up connection, so he was unable to download any hard copies of evidence.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How conveinent that he only had a dial up connection and was unable to download anything lololol. hahahahaha.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Apparently the most interesting thing he found was a list of "Non terrestrial" officers

Even if such a thing is real, and information about it exists, what's the realistic probability that it would be available on NASA and Pentagon computers connected to the Internet with no admin password?

I actually think that, if he indeed saw something like that in there, then it was most likely disinformation, and the systems were honeypots.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
How conveinent that he only had a dial up connection and was unable to download anything lololol. hahahahaha.

In the mid and late 90's dial up was the premier method of connecting to the net. There were no adsl or cable connections (few in select areas). The price of a simple T1 or ISDN line would have been out of reach of the average hobbyist.

So calling him an idiot for using dial up to connect to an already saturated connection, shows us all who the real idiot is.

..ex

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
Incidentely, Garry has always looked slightly Alien to me!

Funny you should say that.......

I think he looks like Phil Schneider. (the eyes)

Oh dear.

I hope that isn't why they are extra-keen to get hold of him.

DNA? No, no....I'm going too far. (am I?)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I had dsl in 1998. And even in the mid 90s with 56k connection I was able to download things it would just a while. If he was just looking at simple files, just words on a screen it would taken a second to download it. Its not like he claims he saw any programs or anything, they were just files. Also he could have simply atleast print screened what he was seeing and pasted it into a image program. That doesnt require downloading anything. Him having a slow connection is no excuse for him not having any proof. But then again gary appears to have no real skills with computers since he was just using scripts to do everything for him so I'm not surprised he didnt even know how to take a screenshot. haha.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

he IS a criminal, only if you think he is. a criminal is a label, something physiological. do not fall for it, divide and conquer is what is happening. he HAD the right to see where his money was going. he HAD the right to no the government dirty secrets. no WE don't have any rights.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

A right to see where his money was going? He is British and he hacked American computers. His money? My money!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by gandhi

A right to see where his money was going? He is British and he hacked American computers. His money? My money!

Yes, NASA spends 'your money' LOL.

However, the US System which funds NASA also makes huge sums of money from global exploitation. And what percentage of the worlds resources does the U.S. consume?

Further, the proof that mankind is not alone in the universe, information regarding free and clean energy etc, belongs to the whole world, by rights, because the huge effect of these things and of their suppression directly impacts on the health, wealth and well being of the entire human race.

If people believe U.S Agencies, including NASA, are hiding these things from the world it's understandable that they should see this as criminal and deeply immoral and take action to uncover the truth for themselves, as Gary did.

This issue is way bigger than America.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

From what I have read of youth jails in England, he'd be better off in the US. Ever hear of Doncaster Prison?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Really? Global exploitation is buying cheap, poorly-made crap from other countries? Buying oil from countries that would still consist of tribes and mud-huts, if not for oil money is exploitation?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Lazyninja

Crime is a crime, blah blah. Yeah, and it's illegal to extradite someone to a country which uses torture also.

Perhaps Gary should now do a runner claim asylum in a country that hates the US. Wow he's got the nearly the whole world to choose from lol

lol Moocow

No, the UK is throwing this guy to the wolves (us), because the US is the rich schoolyard bully.

Ain't that the truth.

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this-

freegary.org.uk... for anyone interested

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Oh that mean old U.S. of A making people pay for breaking the law. That is just so mean. Gary's a nice guy and the little guy is scared. Let's just set him free like a little bird.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I agree with this statement.

He never said he was not innocent or that he should not be punished for his "addiction". He openly admits his mistakes although he disagrees with the punishment.

I understand that he allegedly hacked into NASA, who by the way gets millions of hack attempts, but still why cant he go to prison in the United Kingdom, next to his family and friends...why extradite him?

He is mentally unstable I've heard, maybe he needs treatment, maybe he was even delusional at the time, or high on drugs?

America just does what it wants and to who ever it wants, its ridiculous.

Yes he should pay for what he did, but at least allow him visitation rights from his Mother and Father! We aren't animals!

Just my opinion! Hope his country stands up for him and protects him from this crap instead of caving in to the Good Ol U S of A

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AnoodleJ

DO YOU KNOW what asperger's syndrome

LMAO, that guy and his lawyers will say anything to avoid him going to jail. Have you ever seen an interview with the man. He doesn't have Asperger's no more than I am Barak Obama.

Lawyers can get doctors to say anything to get their client out of trouble. Hell a good lawyer could get a doctor to say that you don't have DNA, because your mama was an alien...but it wouldn't make it true.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
He commited a crime.

He made America look like idiots.

America want his blood. The UK are slightly more human...

Sadly the way of the world is:

We are sending a very clever, yet troubled and curious individual to his doom in a country that supports war and torture.

Yet beyond the masquerade the real criminals still scuttle along on their own insect like wretchedness.

America loves a hanging. The Uk is currently posessed by cowards.
We should stand up and tell America 'NO!'

I don't see many chinese or russian hackers getting extradited to the US, so i'm thinking the US is thinking the UK is a soft touch.

Sad but true.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join