It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Spain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Thats a very good video, but its fake. when the jets flew by the ufo and turned around and came back after the ufo all this happen in 40 seconds, jets cant turn that quick........Someone went through alot of trouble to make this video.....very well made

Right.. because what.. 4 jets is not possible?

If this were real, and to the point that they had time to arrive, half the damned Airforce from whatever nearby airbase could well have been enroute or there.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Look, that is only one of many problems with the video. Basically I am saying that most planes usually need a runway to take off rather than just shooting straight up and you are telling me that I can not possibly know that fact without being an expert.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm saying as you don't REALLY know about all ufos (since people don't even agree that they exist), how can you possibly know how ALL ufos could possibly enter the water? That proves nothing.

I still think this may well be viral marketing for an upcoming movie. What is the Terra in the lower right-hand corner for? I was looking up Terra and Viral marketing, so far, no luck. The mere fact that the logo is pixilated on the life preserver makes me think this is a professional job (not even a hoax, even hoaxers don't think about things like that).

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is, to me, a decent attempt at video compositing, nothing more. I am well into a degree in the field. If it were better, I might spend some time analyzing it, but I won't. Some things that are immediately apparent (some of which have already been pointed out):

1. The jets - If you watch closely you can see the two jets 'circle around' to come back towards the 'UFO' in a matter of seconds. Completely unbelievable. Sure, it could have been two pairs of jets, but that's not what the creator of this video was trying to portray (and either way, it's pretty ridiculous).

2. Green screen - I will just assume for brevity's sake that most people understand the concept of using a green screen to composite images or video onto a scene by color-keying out certain colors. In this instance, we have a BLUE SCREEN, i.e., the sky. Notice almost all of the 'action' takes place in the vivid blue area of the sky. Easy to color key.

3. Motion tracking - I think anyone who has worked with motion tracking video will be suspicious of this.

4. Water splash - at that distance, and at that size, the water would have stayed in the air for a significantly longer period of time. I'm not physicist, but I work with visual effects, and that just did NOT look right... I noticed it on the very first viewing.

Amateur compositing job, but still pretty well done. I would give them an A-.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Teebs]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's a nice video, but surely if it were genuine,the MSM would be all over this!......it's got everything!, Fighter planes, helicopter, even a mysterious warning to "return to port"

Sorry but if this were the real deal it would be headline news around the world!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

is this real or fake what do you guys think, i cant tell, or basically i dont want to beleive what im seeing.
???

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As someone who worked on a military flight line in Utah for 3 years, I can say that jet sound was definitely added. The sound would have been much louder and heard for a longer period of time.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

I disagree about the helicopter, it has a range of sounds heard including lows and highs, so not bad for a dosy camera mike. Actually the voices on my sound equipment are pretty clear and there is little distortion or hiss. In any case commenting on the audio is taking away from the visual aspect, which is very good. The audio is incidental in that it could have been redone. It's more than one step to say that the jets are cgi because the audio is added to. There is also a lot going on, for instance, the leading jet on the return pass seems to let go a missile at whatever had just sped away, and this is after the main"UFO" has dived into the water, all incidental stuff you can't see when the video is running.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The jets were CGI - I'm a military aviator - am around these kind of aircraft daily. The sounds/visuals didn't queue up correctly for me. Also - with the abilities aircraft have in today's world... you don't fly directly at an unknown object... you patrol at a distance. We don't have to look out our windows 5 feet to know what it is. Nor would we buzz a nearby ship or helicopter. Jet wash is nasty.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Any Mac users here?

If you have Garageband 3 or later, I believe there is a sample loop which is or sounds exactly like the jet sound in the video. it may even be two GB samples mixed together.

Search in Garageband loop browser for "Jet" or "plane". I don''t have my mac with me otherwise I'd look it up.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
FAAAAAAAAAAKKEEE!!!!

I don't have time to do the math. however it would of taken a few miles for the jets to turn around and come back. even if they did a high G turn.

good vid though.

reminds me of the DR video.
that one was alot better.

and btw. you know that these videos are fake because they are so short in length. 40 seconds of video? i don't think so.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The jets are fake, and no, there isn't two pairs of jets. They don't fly that close. They either fly in a big formation, or they give room to maneuver to either squad.

The turn-around speed is too fast to be real for the speed the jets have. They are not in supersonic speed, they don't have their afterburners on. That is a representation of jets flying at a low altitude cruising speed, which puts to the ground their maneuvers.

When attacking, you need time to lock to your target, and that is true for any F-14 (that isn't in service anymore), F/A-18 or A-10. It's not like they are playing Ace of Combat and they can go around like they want to...

They have to attack, gain altitude and make another angle of attack. They don't just go around and attack like they want to, and fighters don't come across that close to eachother in any scenario but a airshow one.

The helicopter isn't CGI. Is real, from the noise to the object and to the effects on the water (way to complex to fake).

The helicopter is a A-Star, provably the 350.

Is a almost perfect helicopter for urban acttivities. That's why the police and news agencies use them so much.

Guess who DOESN'T use them... Yes, the military. Neither does the Coastal Guard for that matter.

I'm portuguese, and we have a huge ocean territory. That is a short range fishing boat, so it has to be close to land, and there isn't any american base that could respond in that way within my knowledge.

In this situation it could only be a spanish helicopter or a portuguese military helicopter (that make coastal duty), or a airplane (hercules C-130 for example).

And we use radios around here, and you have to use them, so its stupid to think that they would send a helicopter to say "hey, leave the area". They would just contact them via radio, or use a interceptor boat (which Portugal and Spain have) to approach this boat.

Neither Portugal nor Spain use the A-star for military/coastal duty.

The only american base around here that is important enought to take a mission like this is in one of our islands. The Azores base. But since the jets are fake, that doesn't even need to be looked into.

Conclusion: It's fake, and someone spent a lot of resources to pull this one off. but some aspects fail, like the maneuvers of the jets and the water effect of the UFO.

P.S.: I'm not a accent expert, but this spanish accent sounds more mexican than spanish to me, don't know why. And the accent from Galiza sounds a lot like portuguese accent, so I would recognize it. But I'm not sure on this one.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Interesting but im with the "good fake" crowd on this seems alot of good points about inconsistencies have been brought up...

Im also wondering why is it so many seem to think the UFO dives into the water, when you can clearly see it zip off out of frame to the right as the splash happens or am I seeing things, or do i have better eyesight than most

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So, Terra is the news agency that had this on their site:

noticias.terra.es...

They also posted this:

""Due to external pressure yesterday we must remove the video of the fisherman, but after analyzing the value of this information for our readers believe that in the interest of journalistic ethics should publish this news."

Well.. is a valid site.. they are trying to get more news, they are not guaranteeing the validity of the video, but they did say that leading up to this, they had many ufo reports. Interesting, to say the least.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What I find funny is the MSM covered UFO haiti on youtube like crazy until it was debunked, and yet this looks 10 times more real and no media coverage.

Now do I think this is real? No.
Do I think that this is a lot more real looking then all the other junk the MSM covers. YES.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

It's a small news website. Not very credible.

This happened very close to Portugal, and I haven't heard of it at all, which makes me believe this is a one spot news, meaning, not very credible.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
nice vid..

I'm not too sure if you guys are familure with AUTEC but to me the ufo looks like it dives into the water and it sends out a probe of some sort...

I don't know I'm not a UFO expert.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
FAKE.

It's the audio. The jet sounds are overdubbed.

The men and helicopter are recorded with a MONO standard thin/tinny video camera built in microphone.

The jets sounds are in STEREO and recorded in a wider frequency range.

The video camera would not give you that kind of depth of sound it would just distort.

First compelling post to the negative so far. Good observation. I just loaded the audio into audacity and zoomed in on both parts (jet and vocal), the jet audio has the left/right data showing separation as you'd expect with stereo audio, yet the vocal data has both left and right exactly the same - identical - and that to me indicates a mono sound track. No deviation in the peaks which would not occur with a stereo recording of a group of people talking.

So it does indeed prove to me that the original audio was mono and the jet audio was dubbed over.

For all the attention to detail, with the ufo only being seen to dart away on closer inspection after appearing to sink into the sea, and with the inclusion of the chopper, and the work adding in the jets, they missed one vital aspect.

they should have standardized the audio to mono...

At least that's my take on it - still a good video for what it's worth.

[edit on 29/9/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by The Savage Khan

I disagree about the helicopter, it has a range of sounds heard including lows and highs, so not bad for a dosy camera mike. Actually the voices on my sound equipment are pretty clear and there is little distortion or hiss. In any case commenting on the audio is taking away from the visual aspect, which is very good. The audio is incidental in that it could have been redone. It's more than one step to say that the jets are cgi because the audio is added to. There is also a lot going on, for instance, the leading jet on the return pass seems to let go a missile at whatever had just sped away, and this is after the main"UFO" has dived into the water, all incidental stuff you can't see when the video is running.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by smurfy]

The video contains arguably CG elements, Its not worth arguing. The audio evidence is enough to debunk the legitimacy of this video. If it was as amateur as it presents itself to be, it wouldn't have overdubbed audio. The fact that someone went so far to create and sync a sound effect says that the video obviously wasn't impressive enough so the audio needed to be souped up.

If the helicopter was recorded with the same mic used to record the jet roar, you would hear much more low end when it comes close. Also it would be in STEREO (like the jets) not mono. The mixed audio realms in this video are a dead giveaway that the sound atmosphere has been altered. if the sound is altered why not the video.

I'm sorry but I am 100% sure the jet sound was recorded with a different microphone.

But what do I know, I'm just an audio engineer.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Pretty interesting footage.

For the people that wonder why they censored brands and had their faces hidden maybe they were aware that they could be tracked down by the government or something by releasing on the internet something like this.
Whoever was in charge of those jets or helicopters would probably not want that those fishermen started talking about their experience specially while having footage to prove that it happened.

To the people that question why this isn't on the news and why they aren't getting a lot of money with this...well, who said any news or anyone would give them money for it? Maybe all the news are prohibited to air things like that before asking permission to some higher organization. Also, if something that extraordinary happened with me I would care less about making money. All I would want would be to share my experience and have other people be blown away like I did.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join