It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Spain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I haven't read anybody else's response, so I am forming my opinion and not basing it on anyone's elses.

I think it's fake.

My reasons:

1 - The amount of time it took for the jets to turn around and pass the camera for a second time was too short for the speed they were travelling at.

2 - The Jets' trajectory on the second pass seems very non-linear.

3 - At 00:08 there is a questionable object that appears for an instant which might point to bad editing.

4 - The splash looks very fake to me. This is the biggest reason I think this is fake. The color of the splash seems to be very similar to the water's reflection. Anybody who has seen a big splash knows that it is almost always white, regardless of the size of the splash. I've posted some example i've found from typing in "splash" in google images...

lh6.ggpht.com...

www.joylandbooks.com...

pakhipakhi.files.wordpress.com...

lh6.ggpht.com...

lh6.ggpht.com...

www.history.navy.mil...

www.hmsminerva.info...

21.media.tumblr.com...

Video:

What a big splash should look like as far as color...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9/29/2009 by Andre Neves]

[edit on 9/29/2009 by Andre Neves]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Fake for sure! I speak spanish and when they were pointing out the UFO they said it in a way that seemed extremely acted out. Almost sarcastic. They need better actors, though the CGI was good. It's a cool video least to say.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

It's only interesting if you're interested in CGI. If you are interested in finding authentic UFO footage, look elsewhere.

I want the real deal just as much as anyone, but this ain't it.

Please don't make this into something it's not.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
What did you do to analyze the video?

What are you talking about, he is referring to the Audio track, not the video.

You guys act like fisherman don't get their cameras wet.

Huh? How does this affect anything here?

Also there most not be any wind present.

Hmm?

Also uploading videos to youtube doesn't change the quality of the video.

Are you joking??? Youtube absolutely destroys the visual quality of whats uploaded. The audio may suffer less and you wouldn't know, but the video quality is shocking even for HD stuff.

But the AUDIO is clearly 2 separate tracks combined and left at stereo. How would a video camera pick up stereo for one part of an event yet only record another part in mono?

And how many fisherman carry around video cameras with stereo recording capabilities? I don't know that answer, so Im genuinely asking, I know you can get stereo capable recording cams, but I'd expect they'd be more for amateur film makers, and not the dude at work recording a day on the ocean with the fishes...

Not convinced.

My only argument if it was real, then why not major news?

However the debunking is not very good, imo.

My questions: Where was this shot? What time of day? What was the weather like? ect. ect.

People claiming it's cgi are just as accurate as those claiming it's real. There is no evidence for either.

However the audio track doesn't lie

Also the sound doesn't sound off to me considering it is on youtube and they are fisherman, and they are in a boat on the water.

You didn't read the post you replied to.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

I have no idea what it is.
For me everything is possible since I'm aware that I know very little.

I find it interesting because it caught my attention.
Thats about it. Not making it into anything.

Even if its fake, its still interesting.
What would be the motivation of whoever did this?
Are people being hired by some sort of organization to spread things like this in order to make the issue more confusing and less believable?

I don't know. But I'm looking at many different perspectives for constructive answers.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think the boat and helicopter (check out the orange cloth get blown @33 seconds) are real.

Everything else seems iffy.... the best lies are the ones with enough truth mixed in to legitimize the other false elements.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnmhinds
It's cgi.

Unless someone has developed a supersonic helicopter that can appear in front of you almost instantly.

You can't even see it on the horizon when you see the planes fly past for the first time. And it appears right next to the boat in only a couple of seconds.

The helicopter actually does appear on the horizon at 0:16 seconds if you look closely. I have looked over this a bunch and it does appear to be legit.

If it was CGI the pixels of the water and helicopter would not match that of the video quality itself

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

The jet thrusts do sound stereo. If this was a stereo cam, it would seem with all the jerking around, the L-R channels would fluctuate with the dialogue, etc. Someone should do a sound analysis of each channel to see if this is a stereo mic or if the jets were dubbed in. Interesting, nonetheless!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This was a very interesting video and yet at the moment the UFO hit the water something went wrong for me. After countless replays of the moment the UFOs did the separation (one seemingly zipping off to the right and the other slamming into the water) something went wrong for me.

At least it seemed to be some sort of separation but the UFO flying off to the right could have been compression artifacts and there was no separation at all. Without a better quality video it is difficult to determine that aspect.

The UFO that accelerated into the water did so at such a speed it was almost faster than the eye could follow. The kinetic energies involved must have been immense, and for me that was the problem.

The plume of water seemed much too small for such a phenomenal rate of speed so, reluctantly I have to go with a well made hoax because such acceleration I would have expected the plume of water to have been akin to a depth charge going off.

Still, a fascinating video and one that got me going on a wander with my laptop asking for other opinions lol

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Guys, I speak Galician (the language spoken here) and Spanish and I can assure you from the "acting" and slang this guy is using this is completely FAKE! It is very unnatural, almost idiotic! I think it´s meant to be as a joke!
It is something that non Galician speakers would not pick up....the subtleties of the language.... "Me cago en diola"!! ha ha .
Also you can notice the UFO & jets are both CGI. (The helicopter may be real though)
there are real UFO videos out there, this isn´t one I´m afraid...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

Hi Khan,
I didn't say at all that the jet sound was not stereo. I am in the music biz since the 60's and have done a lot of recording work. What I did say was that the camera mike was/is not that thin and tinny, there are a lot worse..not much wind noise either? There is no info at all about the video except a couple of lines of interpretation of what the crew are saying at the Youtube link. There is a lot of detail as I said before in the video that is not seeable when the video is running like this clip,

aftershock-the-band.com... It shows the two jets on the return pass, (circled) and the object in front of the leading jet, (arrowed) maybe a missile and the end of the watersplash. Why bother with that detail,(if cgi) when it is not seeable in the moving video? most of the cgi videos tell a story, this one does not. So i'm still open on it.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just a quick question or two if that's OK?

Oh first I loved the Video, it actually got my adrenalin running, if it is a viral for a coming movie, I cant wait, as for being real or CGI ? I don't know, don't really care to be honest because the truth will out in the end, always does, it's called patience.

Anyhow
All the "experts" making comments on the sound, do any of you have any idea as to what type of Camera? is a camcorder? or one of those new fishing shows that are popping up on TV now about the lives of fishermen?

The "experts "on aircraft chasing UFO's , can I please talk to you for my research please? I want to know how they run something like that, and especially those who know what a USO looks like when they tilt like the one in the Video before diving into the water, I really need your evidence.

Thank you for your time, if this even gets read I will be so amazed, seeing how it seems a lot are jumping from post number 3 to the last page and post to give their 2 cents.

The "experts " on Human behaviour in a very exciting and mind numbing event, that throws itself in your face when one second your fishing and talking about every day stuff, and then trying to figure out WTF is happening because all of a sudden all around you is total chaos, but your supposed to act like ??? what ???

And finally for those "experts "who claim jets travel in pairs, but there where four, but I saw five of them, and the helicopter was bright browny bronze and are not used that far from land, how far from land was the boat again? I missed the part that said it was out in the open ocean miles from anywhere, for all any one knows they could have been 100 ft from shore fishing a shoal.

Now for all any of us here knows, just say for one second all what we see is real, the way the World is right now, your countries radar detects several air craft heading towards your coastline, and wont respond to radio calls, what do you do? nobody knows for certain how many jets where involved, so the timing thing is purely speculative, the helicopter, who knows who owns the helicopter? often there is talk about unidentified helicopters here, but this one because it cant be identified is a problem now?

Oh and why is it all of a sudden in this thread, are all the "experts" new members who I cant ever recall seeing around before? see we had all these " experts" why havn't we ever used them before?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Perhaps jets fly by and released a dumby bomb while on manuvers and to warn off a boat in the wrong area and someone added the ufo in for #s and giggles

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How can you really tell what's fake and what's real if your not a pro. To me that looked impressive but once you start thinking about the quick bank of the fighters and return fly over...well. The helicopter was looking for something too, maybe it scrambled at the same time as the fighters.
Whatever is going on in this video is

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Songwriter

That's what i first thought, that the UFO is taking off...it's not though.

The UFO does indeed dive into the water, but it releases a second smaller silvery/grey UFO from underneath, a split second before diving. This small (escape craft?) craft, takes off right at terrific speed.

That's what it looks like to me, at first glance anyway.

I'm going to open it up in VLC and zoom and look frame by frame.

It's a toughy when trying to tell real from fake, but the copter looks very real to me, right down to the disturbance on the surface from it's rotors. So i'd say the copter is really there. Jet's are harder to tell at the mo.

[edit on 29/9/2009 by spikey]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

As far as i know dummy bombs don't hover in mid air, release a drone or escape craft that shoots off at unreal speeds, then plunge into the sea at a very high speed.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I really hate all the expert stuff. It is almost the believer fad on ATS to say "so called experts". People do not normally say "im an expert" and if they do say they are an expert listen to them at least. It does not however take an expert to see that this is CGI. This just reminds me of this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
read it over a bit, it was not put in the hoax bin till later.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

How do you explain the stereo/mono observation?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I can only answer the question regarding audio. From what I read there is the mono recording (single channel) of the voices and a stereo (two channels L and R) of the fighter engines.
I'm no Kubrick but I be thoroughly impressed if someone presented me with a camera which could record one bit in mono and the other in stereo... without any over lap.
The audio sounds layered not a single recording.

I should add I haven't tested this just repeating what others have posted, sorry if it sounds like I've put the work in.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I agree with you, as I said in my last post there is practically no info on the video,(maybe I should have said, no background info) and that's why i'm still open minded about it. Even if one initially has a gut feeling that it is phoney, or vice versa and say so in a post, then I think one is obliged to come back with something more tangible and say so, even if it turns out to be wrong. Some posters just say fake and then bugger off...why?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join