It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual reports of UFOs 'taking on water'.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by deadpoolfreak1110

Deadpoolfreak, thanks for the reply and yes it's all very perplexing - here's another strange report from Saskatchewan, Canada in 2006 involving unknown objects landing on a lake.

"It's kind of like a Frisbee, two Frisbees on top of another, like an orange in the middle," he said. "And they were turning at an incredible rate. It was just like you could see the windows turning one way and the ship, the bottom part, turning the other way. And whatever way on top it was like glowing. I don't know what it was but it was beautiful." Lapratt said he saw several objects landing on the lake, then zipping away at high speed toward the treeline."

link

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We used to watch a silver flying thing follow the creeks where i lived in Queensland.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Very good post,Star and Flag. I also believe that UFO's are using our oceans as hiding spots. A lot of sightings are near lakes also. I love a good mystery. Read the first one,cant wait to read the rest.

BTW,do you think these UFO's were always here? Homegrown UFO's?

Russian UFO'S and Oceans.....
edit on 14-2-2011 by sonnny1 because: more info...=)

“Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more – with lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water,” he said.
edit on 14-2-2011 by sonnny1 because: a bit more...=)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My vote?

Fuel.

They may have found a way to utilize the Hydrogen in the water and or the oxygen for various purposes.

I like this analogy.... Makes a lot of sense.... just like our Scientists do the exact thing extracting gases and metals .....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It might not be that they are taking on water but that they are extracting an object from a body of water they have detected and find interesting. Whilst extracting this object of interest they also take on water only to dump the water back seconds later and retain the object of interest.
Lets say for example a UFO detects an object in the water which is giving out a strange/unusual energy signature, they might have some interest in that object and want to acquire it.

If you were to fly over the sunken runes of Atlantis I bet your detectors would be registering all kinds of objects with interesting energy signatures

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
“Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more – with lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water,” he said.

to be fair 70% of the planet is covered in water so 65% of UFO sightings being near water is about what would be expected.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The water/UFO connection is an interesting one. The closer you look the more interesting it gets.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi

Great thread.

As one of the co-investigators of the Rosedale, Australia 1980 "water loss" cases, I can say that it certainly still remains one of my more interesting events I have looked into.

For more Australian cases please take a look at the aussie blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Keithb, thanks for the post mate and will certainly have a look into that case when time allows.
Along with the Gosford case, there are also some other interesting Aussie reports on the thread below and it appears tales of ´water sucking´ UFOs are becoming more common as time goes by.

UFO Witnessed Sucking Up Water?

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Very Nice find friend...I like the fact that It wasn't illuminated, (other than when performing watever). This makes me believe it didn't wan't to be seen..much more believable..IMHO

I now know to watch out for Thirsty Ball Bearings

SnF

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think that some of the reports of UFOs sucking up water might be a misinterpretation of seeing some kind of spiraling vortex underneath the UFO pulling up water, but the UFO itself isn't actually taking in the water. It just looks like it.

I have no idea what might create that kind of vortex, and I'm afraid to go into the "Vortex Based Mathematics" thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Been saying this for years they want our water which is disappearing at an alarming rate,could the fact so many UFO sightings around Nuclear Facilities be they are interested in the Heavy water?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I think that some of the reports of UFOs sucking up water might be a misinterpretation of seeing some kind of spiraling vortex underneath the UFO pulling up water, but the UFO itself isn't actually taking in the water. It just looks like it.

I have no idea what might create that kind of vortex, and I'm afraid to go into the "Vortex Based Mathematics" thread.

Hola Blue Shift, you may be onto something there mate and there's some interesting reading at the link below from USO researcher Carl Feindt who goes into the speculative mechanics of the theory.

“Physical Influences of a UFO on Water

link

As for this thread here's some interesting reading from anthropologist Dr Eirik Saethre about remote Australian Aboriginal communities who routinely discuss the UFO-water connection:

Scientific paper: UFO beliefs in a remote Australian Aboriginal community

The aliens were considered to frequent areas in which water sources were more prevalent. During the wet season when water sources increased, so too did the number of reported UFO sightings. Once the rains began each year, Warlpiri residents cautioned Aboriginal people from other regions as well as non-Aboriginal people not to drive at night, lest they encounter a UFO. A group of Aboriginal people from Darwin chose to spend the night along the road instead of driving to the community after the sun set. In the dry season, UFOs are also seen but often in areas with permanent water sources. South of the community lies a region known for its hills, which collect water in several rock pools. The number of encounters were higher here because, as Mark (33), a Warlpiri man, commented, 'the aliens want [water]. There is a lot of [water] in [the region]'. UFOs were usually portrayed as spaceships inhabited by beings in search of water, who were interested in little else.

link

Cheers.
edit on 2-4-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Similar account from Cholla Bay, Mexico:

The UFO appeared to stop and hover about 200 to 300 feet above the water. Then it turned on a searchlight from the bottom of the vehicle and illuminated a spot on the water which Formiller said appeared to be about ½ mile across. The light extended almost to the shore. Formiller was standing about five feet from water‘s edge.

The searchlight was located within a tube and as the light was raised or lowered the illumination was changed from a sharp spot to a wide flood light on the surface of the water.

At first he thought that it was a helicopter, but there was no sound. After a few minutes a cloud was formed around the vehicle which did not appear to be caused by exhaust gases because there was no blowing of the cloud.

* Phoenix, Arizona. American paper. Name unavailable. 12 November 1970.

Some UFO Notes By Loren E. Gross

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
And Florida.

Patrick Thrush pulled his car off the road onto an embankment, and as he started to turn his car around, he said, the high beams from his car showed a silvery reflecting object hovering about 20 feet over the water. A tube extended from the object into the water...the tube, which had been at an angle, straightened up and began retracting into the hovering object.

St. Petersburg, Florida. St. Petersburg Times. 17 December 1973.

link

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
UFOs (ETs, interdimensional beings, or whatever they may be) are most definitely utilizing our vasts amounts of water in one way or another.

A family member of mine (I'd rather not be too specific, out of respect) witnessed several occurrences while in the Merchant Marines. While several hundreds of miles off shore in the Atlantic, a disc-shaped craft followed them for nearly an hour from a distance of approximately 50 ft. On another occasion, he and several of his shipmates witnessed a bright blue illuminated craft come down from above, and plunge directly into the water, descending until it was no longer visible. A day or two afterwards, they witnessed the intense blue lights from the same (or an identical) craft following them for a short while, similarly to the first instance.

His brother, while also in the military (I don't remember which branch) witnessed a similar occurrence, while his ship was in the middle of the Atlantic, where a craft ascended from the water at a high rate of speed, and quickly speed away into the sky.

So there is clearly something going on, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That Gosford incident was really interesting. These water stories tend to make these UFOs more 'real' in some sense.

Just a random thought, but I wonder if the surface water that was bubbling and steaming where the light entered was some kind of sterilization process?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
An interesting older thread.

Something is going on, not everyone is crazy.

Im surprised some of the better researchers havent tried to match up a lot of the different sightings for similarity, areas, etc.

The Story of the two Canadian Engineers in the mountains in 1965 and their description of the disc, sounds VERY suspiciously like the encounter of Stephen Michalak at Falcon Lake (Canada) in 1967...right down to the windows type things, circular dots etc. Mr Michalak (RIP) was the one burnt on the chest when it took off.

Also there is a thread about famous UFO photographs, one of which shows a disc UFO in South Africa in the early 60s, very close to the area where contactee 'Edwin" lived and supposedly communicated with the Koldasians, and also witnessed their craft landing on remote beaches in the early 60s.

The Melbourne Westal school sighting of a Disc egg shaped thing in 1966, is very similar to the disc egg shaped thing observed by a French farmer, who was apparently paralyzed by ray from an alien...also in 1966 from memory.

With the current technology fakery and blurfos, many of the old film images are more reliable.

It would be a big job for someone, but may lead to more believable information, if many sightings were similar and of similar times and areas etc....make a good book

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Perhaps the use of water has nothing do with cooling or propulsion or any time of engineering, at all. Maybe these "E.T." (or perhaps, terrestrials) have a natural habit more amenable to an aquatic environment. So, much as we bring air into space to suite are natural environment (Earth's surface), they bring water into their ships to suite their natural habitat (water). Just a thought.
edit on 6-4-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Good thing there wasn't an Australian equivalent of a DNR officer there, the saucer occupants would have gotten a ticket for fishing without a license and improper fishing practices

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join