It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 MILITARY dudes? snatch guy from crowd into unmarked car - Illegal beyond belief

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchful1
Can anyone get a better look at the badge (ID card) on the left arms of both men on the picture added by the original poster?

At 01:04 in the second video someone, sounds like the kid in the red bandanna, say "...the Secret Service came..."

The Secret Service is in charge of Security in Pittsburgh. Period.

When they state it was "Law enforcement" that does not mean these
people are police. They could be anyone who has been deputized
to work at the G20. The build of these guys and their haircuts say
to me special forces. They do not look like beat cops of any kind.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Maybe the militia(s) from several states should be there standing face to face with the police/military/security forces, ARMED to keep the peace and PROTECT the citizens. They are home. Bankers from foriegn nations are present on US soil, home of US citizens.. bringing this crap. Meeting to decide the fate of the masses. So the protesters have a right to be angry. But I ask again.. where is the militia? Why are they not there? It's time for more than a peaceful statement of protest. It's time for a (peaceful) show of force. The government should fear the people, NOT the other way around. Just a thought...RDDS

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ha! Ha! Amerika is coming out of the closet here at "the end".

Water boarding...

Unilateral pre-emptive strike wars...

Patriot Act surveillance state...

What we have here is the "last man standing" super power who thinks it doesn't have to worry about image or the negative propaganda it generates now that they "rule" the world.

Expect a knock on your door sometime soon........ always in the dead of night.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby

Can someone find the source, the film maker, or some of these characters on the screen please. So that this can be removed from the ATS home page.

Can anybody try to investigate this? Priority 1 right now is to figure out if this is a fake video or if it is real. Finding the people who filmed this or who were involved is the only way.

Going back to our seemingly sane forum now...

Please reserve your judgment until the final word is out as to whether or not this is fake.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

Good grief... now I know why I stick to the UFO thread.

Sure - I'm an agent... perhaps you need to take a look at my posts... feel free to do so.

I am a UFO skeptic... I lurk there, I comment on videos in the UFO forum, looking for UFO stuff... and discussing with intelligent people in those threads about facts... I rarely if ever lurk in other threads because honestly I am far more interested in some topics than others.

Forgive me for giving an opinion on a video!

If these guys were real... they'd have taken the camera from the guy doing the video. Plain and simple.

They certainly would not let themselves be seen doing this.

Or there again... maybe that's what they want us to think... come on.

I think that some of the things that we see are horrible... I detest state violence. I talk all over twitter about the outrages going on in Iran.

So - please don't rush to a judgment about someone who you know nothing about.

I have posted dozens of posts on ATS, and I have never been accused - even in jest - of being an Agent.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

If you haven't read the whole thread we've pretty much concluded that this is real. However it remains unclear who these guys are and from the looks of it they probably aren't active military.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If our new debunkers would read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions, they would see that officials have taken credit for the video!

They are G20 "security", part of an "interdepartmental tactical response unit."

I won't link the source. Instead, try reading the thread just one page back..

[edit on 9/25/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If these guys were real... they'd have taken the camera from the guy doing the video. Plain and simple.

You can't just take people's possessions from them for no reason. That would be a violation of the fourth amendment. Besides, I'm sure there were plenty of people with cameras there who could have caught it on tape even if someone else had lost their cameras. Think about it, the BART cop shooter didn't take away people's cell phone cameras...

I'm not saying that there's no chance that this could have been faked. There is a slight chance. However there has been no substantial proof presented yet to show that this was a faked video. As far as I can tell it looks real.

[EDIT] It is REAL. Here's the posted link from earlier in the thread.

G20 Cops Dressed in Camo 'Snatch' Protestor

from Article
The military was not involved in the incident, but G20 security did acknowledge that “law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team” had detained a protester they said was believed to be vandalizing a store.

“Military members supporting the G20 Summit work with local law enforcement authorities but do not have the authority to make arrests. The individuals involved in the 9/24/09 arrest which has appeared online are law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team assigned to the security operations for the G20. It is not unusual for tactical team members to wear camouflaged fatigues. The type of fatigues the officers wear designates their unit affiliation.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Albastion]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

if you bothered to read the thread then you would realize that it did get blased, people debated, it was proved to be showing actual government activity, a statement was found from offical sources claiming they were inded police...

hehe a lot more rational than the jpg artifacts you spend all day looking at!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

... LOL.
Please go back to my original post...

You'll see that I read your posts, posted my opinion, did independent research and then edited my original post...
And in editing my original post, I kept my original text and then admitted I was wrong...

So judge me for yourself...

"Someone here who admits they are wrong..."

I'll go back to my pixelated aliens thank you.

OUT.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

sorry yeah i was a bit slow off the mark with that lol, lets just put it down to connection issues
peace

RIght now everyone else lets get back the the serious business....

why would they let people dressed just like the army perform an action that looks like this infrount of poeple which it is bound to create a negative reaction from?!?!?

to stur up trouble maybe? any other examples of them doing this or similer today?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I emailed a friend who's a LEO about this. I got this response:

"It’s very easy to watch the video from home and draw conclusions on the snatch being a goat f*** or outside the scope of crowd control training. What we don’t understand is how the police became involved. (Those are cops).

I can tell you a hundred stories of how life unfolded faster than the op’s plan had intended. This video looks very spur of the moment and reminds me of many times in my career my partners and I took immediate and unplanned action upon viewing a crime. There wasn’t time to get the vest on or make a plan. I’m not saying it was a good way to do business. I’m saying it happens. A good plan right now is often better than a great plan 15 minutes from now. They saw an opportunity to grab some ass-hat that was destroying peoples property and they took it.

I've personally done snatches where we threw the suspect in the car BEFORE cuffing. The lack of cuffing in the video means nothing.

I’ll also add that the Pittsburg SWAT team is made up of men with balls the size of mountains and commitment to their Brothers in Blue that runs deeper than the sea."

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I would agree that this look very suspect, very surreal, but we truly have no context to this. For example, what if the guy made a threat to the life of a public official?

There is a great distrust of the PTB but remember to question EVERYTHING and everyone. The person who posted the videos (on youtube) may have an agenda we are unaware of. There is a lot missing from this scene, try not to jump to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Check this out

It is from ATS member ugie1028 HIS THREAD who was there TODAY getting tear gas shot at him and everything... He went to take photos and what not to report back for ATS.... Apparently in his pics there are quite a few Military personnel enforceing the law...

[edit on 25-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Having looked at the videos I can only conclude one rational explanation.

Both of the people snatched were likely undercover police officers or informants.

They were likely being taken out and away before the full force of a subsequent police riot control action was put into full effect.

Most of these protests groups are infiltrated by the government, some of them are even started by the government to create demonstrations of the sort that lead to the discrediting of the message based on how and by whom it's being presented by.

This is how the government helps to sew the seeds of anarchy and to discredit youthful, naive and underfunded movements against the government.

Government = Bad!
People = Good!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

whatever the size of their testicals that doesn't answer why they were dressed in such a provocative manor in the first place.

most people at the protest dont like the idea of a police state, thugs in camo + thugs in black armor look like a police state its fairly simple if you dont want to cause a riot dont prove to the people what they're protesting is true -certainly if it isn't.

i actually think the guys on the ground did a good job, they were kinder than i probably even would have been lol - that guy could have been dangerous, the guys left themselves open to attack - indeed brave and honerable (to a degree) however someone should have known better than to let people dressed like army men police a protest in which many people were protesting the army being used as police.

who was in charge of them, who was in charge of him? who gave them the orders?

we need to take this as seriously as if it was the real army, some lines shouldn't be blurry!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm familiar with the area and everything that went on that day. The local news was live the entire time with reporters all over town so it was easy to follow what was going on. Plus, there was an online police radio feed which gave enough info to get a gist of what was going on.

Keep in mind that there were 4000+ police plus national guard to maintain control of the expected 35000 protesters.

The group that marched made it well known that they were out to do property damge, banks starbucks, etc. About 2500 showed up for the march and were met by mass of police who were expecting way more people. The anarchist were easily turned around and spread through the neighborhood of Bloomfield where the split off into even smaller groups.

Once they hit baum blvd, the anarchists broke the windows out of a BMW dealership, a KFC, and a Boston Market. There were people eating at Boston Market at the time.

A small patrol of police were in the area and once the calls for the broken windows were called in, more police headed towards the area. The small patrol of police were near Cypress st when they called for more units because they were getting pelted with pieces of asphalt, bricks, and rocks. Once the call for backup went over the radio, hundreds of police, including national guard went to the area.

The video was filmed right down the street from all of the action. I'd say the video is legit.

However, when a protester arrested, 5 riot clad police took them to the ground, they were placed in zipcuffs and a specific squad of police would do the arrest. That being said, I find it odd the way the guy was snatched up by the National Guard and whisked away...why not detain and hold for the arrest team. After all, they weren't there to make arrests, just assist the local police.

Google Maps view of Bloomfield, Arsenal, And Baum blvd.

The local news media has detailed video

www.kdka.com...
www.wpxi.com...
indypgh.org...#

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
In the Commonwealth of PA police cars DO NOT HAVE TO BE MARKED... anyone around the Keystone State knows of their speed traps (especially WVA into PA via 70 where the speed limit goes from 75 to 55... PA do NOT have entrapment laws.

HOWEVER...

I don't believe National Guard should be used as a police force in a region not defined as a disaster area.

Though I do have trouble finding sympathy for the likes of Enviroment protesters and self styled "anarchist"......

If the crowd had some balls they could have done something, but how often do sheep bight when poked with a stick?

[edit on 9/25/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
all these pages of maybe if, maybe not, fake this, fake not, you guys amaze me.

Not so long ago I started a thread based on one rather simple question for all my American brothers and sisters. I will ask that question again.

Where is your line in the sand ?.?.?

Why are you sitting in front of computer monitors arguing and debating whether its military, freelance or Obamas illigitimate offspring.

Fact......for the many that have over the years shouted those imortal words " When they come to take me they will do so in a body bag before I give up my right to defend myself and others"

Shhhhhhhh maybe you havnt noticed but they are taking you right now just like they took the guy in the video.....and what do you do?? nothing....absolutly nothing !!!!!!!!!!!

Just go back to staring at the LCD , the situation isnt real anyway...I mean, it isnt affecting you personally........is it?........YET!

respects

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
whatever the size of their testicals that doesn't answer why they were dressed in such a provocative manor in the first place.

It is not unusual for tactical team members to wear camouflaged fatigues. The type of fatigues the officers wear designates their unit affiliation.

One of the principal ideas behind controlling crowds is you don’t give them any one person or group to focus on, meaning all the riot control people are dressed the same, stay in ranks and move as a unit rather than being immersed in the crowd in ones and twos.

Being on riot control means that they have to be a bit "provocative" because a peaceful demostration can become a mob, and when that happens, they might need that edge.

Originally posted by NatureBoy
most people at the protest dont like the idea of a police state, thugs in camo + thugs in black armor look like a police state its fairly simple if you dont want to cause a riot dont prove to the people what they're protesting is true -certainly if it isn't.

Well, having guys walking around looking for a fight is probably the worse thing do to, short of firing on the crowd.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join