It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 MILITARY dudes? snatch guy from crowd into unmarked car - Illegal beyond belief

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Those men who pulled up in the unmarked car with tinted windows were not in the military.

Had it been my son or another family member, I'd have dropped those three.

No identification on the car or on their persons.

In any other scenario, that would have been a felony kidnapping, and anyone who would have shot those men to stop it would have been on the talk show circuit.

Cammies? In an urban environment? These guys are clowns.

Boston Massacre - a misnomer - caused by a mistake and one guy fired which set the rest of them off.

At Concord, some unknown fired, and it started a real revolution.

Security is one thing.

Pulling stupid stuff like that is going to get someone killed.

And historically, once it gets started, it frequently doesn't stop until a government falls.

Heck, ask Louis XVI.

Czar Nicolas II.

Too many to list.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
G20 security officials took responsibility Friday afternoon for a video that seemed to depict US troops “kidnapping” a protester. The military was not involved in the incident, but G20 security did acknowledge that “law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team” had detained a protester they said was believed to be vandalizing a store.

A video shows onlookers calling out “what the #” and “what the # is wrong with you?” as people in Camouflaged uniforms haul a protester along by his collar, shove him into the back seat of a car, and rapidly drive off.

Officials with G20 security released the following statement:

Military members supporting the G20 Summit work with local law enforcement authorities do not have the authority to make arrests. The individuals involved in the 9/24/09 arrest are law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team assigned to the security operations for the G20. It is not unusual for tactical team members to wear camouflaged fatigues. The type of fatigues the officers wear designates their unit affiliation.

Prior to the arrest, the officers observed this subject vandalizing a local business. Due to the hostile nature of the crowd, officer safety and the safety of the person under arrest, the subject was immediately removed from the area.”

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You pull crap off like that down South, and you'll get shot to doll rags.

A. You have to have an identifying means of visibly indicating you're a police officer and,

B. You have to identify yourself, and

C. It helps to have a marked car.

Otherwise, down here, you grab someone and just start cramming them into a car, and you'll get your ass shot off.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

Take a chill pill. Sorry that I have better things to do than read hundreds of comments. Really. But I'm glad someone like you can be the police on such matters

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Both those videos were in one case the Military getting it's undercover operative out of there, and in the other case the Police Getting their undercover operative out of there.

The fact that the second person wouldn't give or spell out his name to fellow protestors wanting to bail him out of jail or get him a lawyer clearly displays he was a cop.

They were getting ready to use the sonic crowd dispersal weapons and didn't want their own people subjected to them.

The word had probably just come down that the deployment and engagement of the weapon was imminent so they rushed in to get their unprotected personnel out.

All those protest orginizations are heavily infiltrated and some are entirely founded and funded by the Government Dooper.

The whole name of the game is to discredit the message by discrediting the messengers so the government makes sure that happens by instigating some things within the protest groups themselves.

The sonic weapon deployed though broadcasts both audio and electronic messages straight to the cerebral cortex, you don't want your own personnel exposed to that without protection so they had to get their guys out fast and sloppy.

Do you need any more proof we live under a military dictatorship Dopper or you think what happened in Pittsburgh yesterday and today is enough evidence????

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Originally posted by tallwater
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f18f8acf8af7.jpg[/atsimg]

I just learned how to embed photo. So is this the same guy, Looks like military and police hanging together.

Excellent

now all the people calling BS can eat crow

or not. here a few things i noticed. Military actor to the left. look at the boots. Cop actor to the left. waring Mechanic gloves not studed gloves. Militery actor kneeling behind fake cop look at his so called boots. They are actually hiking shoes. I have a pair just like them. comphy but expensive and not built for combat or city streets. same guy is waring what appears to be a surplus butt pack. Not standard issue in about 25 years or more. all of the military actors are waring un-matching uniforms. Black Soldier actor to the right look at his boots. they are very worn dress boots. Officer actor to the right is waring a half gas mask not standard issue. Never seen plastic armor like the so called officers are wearing, but seen it on plenty of movies. I could go on and on but I think you get my point. these are cheap hollyweird costumes for a cheap hollyweird movie. So once again no crow eaten and still calling BS.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The sheer volume of men in black with all that military crap was unsettling.

Never thought about this guy being an insider. Sure didn't look like it, but then again, if I had a man out there and something was going to happen, I'd sure want to grab him too.

One thing.

Anyone ever uses a microwave or sonic device on me - they'll do it once.

They like to play games with electronics?

They aren't the only ones.

SOB's.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Think about it buddy, in neither case did they attempt to explain why the person was being detained, or to read them their rights.

There was no reason to single either of them out of the crowd, especially in what was essentially a back to back/simotaneous operation utilizing two different branches.

They wanted to test the sonic crowd control devices so they had a couple guys in the crowd making sure the crowd basically got to where they wanted the crowd to be to use them.

Once the crowd is there, you rush in and get your guys out before anyone can ask questions especially the protestors and give your under covers street credit in the process.

They get taken out as 'heros to the cause' instead of ratts and snitches and traitors.

It's asymmetrical warfare.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

That is one of the worst posts I have read here, by someone who likes to think they know what they are talking about.... do you really think that anybody in a riot situation is worried if their pants are bloused correctly with their boots? I can guarantee there are service men right now in the desert that have unbloused pants.. and are not concerned with it.

Typically, when a contracted security force is brought into a situation like this.. they will don "military" looking uniforms to give the idea to the people around that the military is involved. It is a form of psychological warfare, making those they are against feel up against a larger force. Most people do not pay attention the the details.. just that there are men in camo.

The point you are talking about the riot gear.. you have obviously never been in the police force.. they don't particularly go around and make sure everyone is wearing the same gloves.. thats a laugh.

When you are being confronted by these types of individuals in the future.. just tell them they are movie actors.... They will surely leave you alone.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

[edit on 26-9-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumilityIsKey
People saying that this guy must of broken the law and deserved this, may or may not be true. The problem here is the manner in which this was done, there is suppost to be a process during an arrest, where a person is read thier rights and have been told why they are being arrested. Having protesters around does not negate the responcibility of law enforcement to act according to the Law.

rawstory.com...

G20 security did acknowledge that “law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team” had detained a protester they said was believed to be vandalizing a store.

"..they said was believed to be vandalizing a store."

The police can only arrest misdemeanors committed in their presence, i.e they have to see it.. but according the police statement the suspect was only "believed" to have committed a misdemeanor... meaning the kid wasn't arrestable for vandalism.. unless it was felony.

However the police stated he was only "detained", not arrested, which tells me it was misdemeanor vandalism. Last case law I recall on the subject, the gendarme could reasonably detain a person for 30 minutes.

Either way, it was a low budget overly dramatic pinch.. getting that strong-arm over a misd that is believed to have occurred is lame, but that was the point.. to send a message to the crowd.

That kid should file a complaint.

BTW the police do not have to read you your rights if they don't care what you have to say. Sometimes arresting officers wont advise per Miranda either, they dont want the suspect to invoke... they'll leave Miranda advisal for the detective/s.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
After the Drudge Report linked to the shocking You Tube video of a G20 protester being abducted by military police in Pittsburgh, hoards of mindless Neo-Cons flooded comment boards claiming the event was "fake" or "staged," citing all manner of ludicrous and unfounded reasons in a desperate effort to deny the fact that America is now a military police state.

As we reported earlier, the video shows an unmarked gold Sedan pulling up to a side street as men in military fatigues wrestle a protester towards the car. The protester is forced into the car and kidnapped as the Sedan speeds off into a cloud of tear gas.

Debunkers attempted to attack the chilling gravity of the video by firstly claiming the men were not from the "military," as if it even matters whether they are police, national guard, or marines. We know for a fact that the Pittsburgh National Guard were training with the Army and the Air Force in anticipation of the G20, namely on how to conduct crowd control, and that active duty military personnel are on the ground in Pittsburgh.

However, scores of commenters on You Tube merely dismissed the chilling video with throwaway lines like "FAKE...move on," as if their childlike response of denying reality could make the monsters go away.

Here's a selection of the comments currently appearing underneath the video on You Tube.

"Fake. Staged. Next..."

"it's staged. Marines don't roll up their sleeves."

"No arms or insignia, and they drove off in what looked like somebody's grandmother's car -- this looks like a false flag op to me, staged by a bunch of radicals to make the government look bad."

Proof that the incident was by no means staged comes in the form of a photograph taken of the same man under arrest laying on the ground in plastic handcuffs. The men in military uniforms are accompanied by uniformed riot police, proving that this was a genuine and coordinated arrest and abduction. The men in military uniforms are not protesters dressed up as Marines, as the Neo-Cons are bizarrely claiming.

Claims that the men are wearing fake uniforms are also completely debunked by the fact that official Associated Press photos of "military checkpoints" in Pittsburgh show the same uniforms being worn. See the images below.

Other respondents on You Tube express suspicion at the alarming amount of comments claiming the video is "fake".

"The behavior on this board is very suspicious. I see way too many comments that this video is fake--these "skeptics" are all over this hammering the point that this video is fake," remarks one.

"One might expect a few "it's fake" claims, but so many? Are there that many supporters of the good work of the G20 leaders who? have the time to make "retarded anarchists" on youtube videos. Or could it be that the military goons have been directed to swarm this video to attempt to discredit it?"

The authenticity of the video is proven by another You Tube clip that shows footage from immediately after the kidnapping. A man wearing a red bandana who was protesting the abduction is arrested and dragged away by riot police as other demonstrators express their sock at the events that are unfolding.

This proves that both men were targeted by the authorities, and that the abduction of the first protester was by no means "staged" in any way. In fact, it's par for the course in a city that is under martial law lockdown where the First Amendment is a criminal offense. The first video also clearly shows uniformed riot police telling the man in the red bandana not to interfere with the abduction of the protester.

Instead of displaying a knee-jerk infantile reaction, spitting their dummies out and crying "fake," these mindless Neo-Cons who deny reality need to look themselves in the mirror, become real men again and realize that the LRAD sound weapons and the ceaseless gutting of the First Amendment is not just aimed at "pinko commie" anarchists - the sound cannons and the police state is also focused firmly on conservative activists and Tea Party protests.

It's time to grow up, grow a pair, and face the truth that America is now a militarized police state.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
After looking over everything that has come out...I have to agree it is real. They state they were removing him for vandalism. The poster above is correct that in order to be arrested for a misdemeanor it has to occur in the officer's presence. However, misdemeanor vandalism is interpretable by the amount of damage done. Meaning that if the vandalism is over a certain dollar amount that misdemeanor can become a higher level offense.

That being said...it was very poor decision making on the part of the police to apprehend someone in this manner. When I say poor decision I mean abuse of the officer's authority, and under color of authority. This is a clear civil rights violation by the officers involved using their authority in an inappropriate manner. Imagine going to an event protesting the militarization of the USA and being abducted by an unmarked vehicle and people in army fatigues. The look on this kids face when I paused the video was of absolute fear and terror. These officers should be charged and detained under the patriot act.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I offer two possibilities based on what my initial thoughts of these clips.

1. Either they were protestors whom were made not so subtle examples of for the purpose of taunting the crowds to get a reaction and possibliy use said reaction to justify use said sound device for crowd control....
  2. It really was a matter of inside agents being extracted just in time to avoid being exposed to the device.

Either way you have good examples of protocol being abandoned and standard procedure being tossed aside. The point of not reading the Miranda Rights holds true...You only need to know them if they want to ask you questions, as you giving them information must be on your own recognizance, and as mentioned if they ask if you understand them and you refuse things get difficult for them, also makes it hard if you lawyer up immediately, as parts of what you tell them might be construed as evidence and having enough evidence is whats important when considering a holding time period. Better just to skip it and detain him securely before that phase begins. Not having proper identification and a marked car is generally proper of course but not necessary. The gear the police were using I am sure is not fake, its light weight and flexible, it might seem like movie stuff but I doubt its fake, the camo boys I am sure were not police but the press has gotten a varitable amount of cover b.s. about who and what the camo and personnel in them were and why they had authority to detain the individual they did in such a manor.If theres one thing I'm noticing its this: The media is told what they want you to know and everything you get anywhere else can and if it is necessary will be warped. In the digital age few places are free from the manipulation and scrutiny of big brother.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
These clowns went there to cause trouble so they could make these tapes and spread false propaganda.

That raises the question; who are the clowns working for?

It seems to me that this stuff happens at most of these events. A few bad apples or more than likely, 'plants' get all the alternative media attention, while the real protesters are ignored.
Why?
to make the proterters look like bad guys while the real bad guys have their meeting.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaos Lord (citing another source)

...A video shows onlookers calling out “what the ###k” and “what the #### is wrong with you?” as people in Camouflaged uniforms haul a protester along by his collar, shove him into the back seat of a car, and rapidly drive off...

Collar? Hmm... it doesn't look like a collar to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/539692805215.png[/atsimg]

I wonder what sort of injuries he sustained... since

"Military members supporting the G20 Summit work with local law enforcement authorities do not have the authority to make arrests."

So that means he is not resisting arrest?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c65b404ae7e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
OK so they aren't actually military. WITF dress them up in fatigues then? If they're police then they should be in clearly marked, standard police uniforms. Dressing them in military clothing serves no purpose other than to confuse people, intimidate them and desensitize them to seeing military-types performing law enforcement.

Even undercover cops pull the covert badge out while making an arrest. Why? So the perp cannot claim not to know they are police and resist arrest / defend his or herself.

Use the video in a state and federal (congress / senate) complaint and retain an attorney. That first protester has one hell of a lawsuit if he turns out to be a real protester and not an operative.

LRAD uses a pencil thin, narrow beam of sonic energy which is aimed at targets. People who are not being directly targeted will not get the full effect so it's not completely necessary to pull all the police back behind the device to use it. A common set of tactical ear plugs is standard issue for operations which make use of the device, also. Though what we see in the video may actually be the extraction of an undercover operative I'm not buying the evacuation prior to LRAD use theory.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by angryamerican

That is one of the worst posts I have read here, by someone who likes to think they know what they are talking about....

12 years active duty I don't think I know what I'm talking about I know I know what I'm talking about. After the service I worked and trained tracking dogs and S&R k9. Ive worked with police all over the united states. So tell me whats your qualifications. Other then browsing the internet, and being a minnow.

do you really think that anybody in a riot situation is worried if their pants are bloused correctly with their boots? I can guarantee there are service men right now in the desert that have unbloused pants.. and are not concerned with it.

Who said any thing about blousing. They are the wrong boots all together its got nothing to do with blousing don't put words ware words were never said.

Typically, when a contracted security force is brought into a situation like this.. they will don "military" looking uniforms to give the idea to the people around that the military is involved. It is a form of psychological warfare, making those they are against feel up against a larger force. Most people do not pay attention the the details.. just that there are men in camo.

Typically contracted security is trained Did you watch the video there was no type of professional training there at all. I ask again what are your qualifications? what are you basing your OPINIONS on? Are you a professional in psychological warfare?

The point you are talking about the riot gear.. you have obviously never been in the police force.. they don't particularly go around and make sure everyone is wearing the same gloves.. thats a laugh.

Your right I have never been in the police force, but as stated above Ive worked with them for many years. And what about you???? who said any thing about everyone wearing the same gloves. My point was you don't get all dressed up in the fancy plastic riot gear and then put on mechanic gloves. They are not suited to combat situations. Before you jump on that one yes I know about Mechanic gloves. Ive been a hobby racer for more dollers then I care to remember The backs and tips rip far to easily there only gift is they grip well but there is no protection there what so ever.
The whole out fit is gearted for protection do you honestly think they are going to leave the backs of the hands unprotected?

Next time maybe do a little research before posting ok.

Also think about the half mask the officer actor on the right is wearing. Tear gas makes the eys water and burn like crazy. A half mask isn't going to help you see and the face shields are not sealed. it is worn for looks and looks alone. You know like they do in hollyweird.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by angryamerican]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican

Your right I have never been in the police force, but as stated above Ive worked with them for many years. And what about you???? who said any thing about everyone wearing the same gloves. My point was you don't get all dressed up in the fancy plastic riot gear and then put on mechanic gloves. They are not suited to combat situations. Before you jump on that one yes I know about Mechanic gloves. Ive been a hobby racer for more dollers then I care to remember The backs and tips rip far to easily there only gift is they grip well but there is no protection there what so ever.
The whole out fit is gearted for protection do you honestly think they are going to leave the backs of the hands unprotected?

Next time maybe do a little research before posting ok.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by angryamerican]

U.S. forces have been using Mechanics gloves for years in Iraq and A-stan. They are cheap and easy to get. They provide some protection while being less intrusive than the leather type.

These guys with police can be anyone and even paid Blackwater men. Its all wrong and the next time they trample on Americans rights I hope they pay the piper.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Has anyone found a link other than either the RAWSTORY one or one linking to the Raw Story article where the authorities claim responsibility. I know that Raw Story is a good enough link for a source on ATS, but other sites with people claiming that this is protester staged still lean that way because the only source reporting .gov claim of responsibility is Rawstory or an article citing it. I believe the raw story because it echoes the conclusions I came to after freezing the video and going through it. Police that are dressed as soldiers.

Me personally, my first thought was possible street theater, but upon looking at the video real close and seeing some follow up pictures I'm pretty sure it wasn't protester staged. It could be an extraction of a UI or other asset, but I'm leaning toward Gestopo style snatch.

Angryamerican, I see your point about the half mask, but don't think it's a half mask. It could easily be a mask with a full face shield visibility more like a fireman's mask than a military P-Mask.Notice on the officer on the right's left eyebrow and left cheek, that little greyish stripe looks like a hood under that helmet to me. Either you're a police or military apologist no matter the case, or the strong emotion you are feeling is the Denial stage in the Stages of Grief Over the Loss of Our Freedom.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Pathetic

Total complete fake staged bunch of BS. That was my opinion right off the bat, with the whacked out uniforms and such.

Here is a link to a slide show of the real thing.

www.pittsburghlive.com...

Not only are the military uniforms a joke, so is the riot gear.

Yes, people have been arrested at these protests. If no one was arrested, it would be a disappointment, and the protesters would be ashamed of such a failure. There are always numerous people arrested at these events. But, they don't just grab some guy and throw him in some street looking vehicle. They take the guy down first and cuff him right out on the street, and then throw him in one of those dog pound looking trucks, or at least something with the cage between the prisoner and the driver.

Notice the over shaky camera action, avoiding showing anything that might prove something, like a good view of the supposed cop vehicle.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join