It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEN: You are being chemically castrated.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

Originally posted by Big Oil
This is me thanks to all chemicals that exist in the water system.

It's often easy to make jokes about topics like the subject of this thread...

But I think people fail to realize how this issue is not an in-the-test-tube-theoretical-supposition, but a very real crisis affecting the lives of many people.

I was shocked by statistics like the one that said 1 out of every 100 boys in the United States "is now born with hypospadias, in which the urethra exits the penis improperly, such as at the base rather than the tip."

Your example is further sobering evidence that this topic is far from funny, imo.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by northexpedition
Do you think there is any way exercise (running, weight lifting) could eliminate some of these endocrine disruptors from your body?

I figure theres a lot we can't avoid coming in contact with living in modern life. At least we know what to avoid eating now. I just lift weights and that elevates my testosterone levels.

What kind of foods are there to eat that detoxify besides broccoli? I know cilantro can flush your system of fluoride and other heavy metals. What about your skin coming in contact with plastic? Where can you get produce that's not sprayed with those chemicals?

Activated charcoal tablets or water flters may help there.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I'm actually somewhat surprised how confused or off topic some replies in this thread are...

I'm sorry Loam, everyone..

I take responsibility for swaying the discussion slightly off topic. While I *DO* see a definite connection between increased estrogen and male homosexuality, I will pull back from discussing it here any longer.

Carry on!

- Mea

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Veritas Lux Mea]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
To reiterate the OP's assertion:

The heart of this thread is the description and scale of physical changes apparently caused by endocrine disrupting substances in every class of vertebrate on the planet.

Please respect the work this member has put into presenting such a comprehensive and informative thread by staying on topic.

[edit on 19/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

I don't mind the discussion provided it is based on some evidence.

In all of the material I covered, that 'link' was not even suggested. So in light of that, it seems somewhat inappropriate to make that a major focus of discussion, imo.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Big Oil

Originally posted by Big Oil
This is me thanks to all chemicals that exist in the water system.

It's often easy to make jokes about topics like the subject of this thread...

But I think people fail to realize how this issue is not an in-the-test-tube-theoretical-supposition, but a very real crisis affecting the lives of many people.

I was shocked by statistics like the one that said 1 out of every 100 boys in the United States "is now born with hypospadias, in which the urethra exits the penis improperly, such as at the base rather than the tip."

Your example is further sobering evidence that this topic is far from funny, imo.

Yeah this not funny at all it's rather sad topic to bring up. But it's truth and despite the facts there is no end in site to what is happening to this planet. I'm trying to raise awareness about my condition but seems like that has fallen on deaf ears and blind eyes.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I don't mind the discussion provided it is based on some evidence.

I'll leave you with this one last site: **REMOVED DISCREDITED (i.e. 'opinion') LINK**

There is a tiny bit of fact ( at least, I believe ) on this matter.. if we dig a little deeper.

Now, as said above, I won't discuss homosexuality on this thread any longer.

- Mea

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Veritas Lux Mea]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

I just want to point out that Jim Rutz is neither a physician or scientist. He is a conservative columnist. And your link is an opinion article.

Other than making the unfounded assertion, he presents no scientific evidence that soy causes 'gayness'.

He is clearly confused.

In the context of the scientific literature on this subject, "feminization" is a term-of-art referring to physical changes-- nothing more.

I'm sorry, the science doesn't show what you believe yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
While browsing the subject, I found this nice graphic on some of the culprits causing this crisis.

Basically, we are surrounded by these endocrine disruptors.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Soy is an established poison that raises estrogen levels. It is particularly bad for males.

Wow, I did not know this and thank you for posting this information. I never liked soy anyway and I rarely eat it so it was never in danger of poisoning me but I will be sure to remember your words the next time my wife or one of my daughters strongly urges me to try it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is why it's good to buy your produce from the farmer's market.

reply to post by loam

I wonder if you're absorbing any of these chemicals even just using a mouse and keyboard?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
For those who have asked, females are also affected by endocrine disruptors...

For example:

Chemical Pollutants Linked to Fewer Female Births

High exposure to certain now-banned industrial chemicals may lead to fewer female births, a new study suggests.

The findings, reported in the journal Environmental Health, add to evidence that the two groups of related chemicals -- polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) -- may affect human reproduction.

PBBs were once widely used as flame retardants in plastics, electronic and textiles, while PCBs were used in everything from appliances and fluorescent lighting to insulation and insecticides.

While the chemicals were banned in the 1970s as potential health hazards, they remain a public-health concern because they linger in the environment and accumulate in the fat of fish, mammals and birds.

Then there is atrazine.

Atrazine has been linked to spontaneous abortions in humans [1]. Atrazine not only reduces sperm production in fish, amphibians, and laboratory rodents, but is associated with impaired fertility and low sperm counts in humans [2]. The induction of the mechanism for depleting testosterone and converting it into estrogen (increased expression of the enzyme aromatase) was, in fact, discovered originally in human cancer cells [3-6] and tissues, and has been characterized in great detail [7, 8]. Further, similar to atrazine’s induction of prostate cancer and mammary cancer in laboratory rodents, men exposed to atrazine in a Syngenta production facility in Louisiana developed prostate cancer at 8.4 times the rate of unexposed factory workers [9, 10] and women whose well water was contaminated with atrazine were more likely to develop breast cancer when compared to women who lived in the same area, but who do not drink well water [11]. Most significantly, the importance of atrazine’s induction of aromatase and its relationship with breast cancer and prostate cancer, is best appreciated when one considers that Novartis, the same company that made atrazine (an aromatase inducer) now markets the chemical, letrozole (an aromatase inhibitor) for the treatment of breast cancer and prostate cancer [12].

Atrazine has several detrimental effects on reproduction in laboratory rodents. At high doses, atrazine can inhibit the pituitary hormones necessary for ovulation, the release of eggs from the ovary [1]. Atrazine also causes pregnancy loss in some strains of laboratory rodents [2, 3]. This effect was likely due to loss in certain neurons in the brain that secrete hormones necessary for maintaining pregnancy [2-5]. In addition, Prolactin, a hormone that induces parental care in females and that is critical for suckling behavior is reduced by atrazine exposure [4-6].

What’s more, the female offspring born of mothers who are exposed to atrazine suffer from retarded mammary gland development [7, 8]. Female rat pups exposed prenatally (while in the womb) have significantly delayed and underdeveloped mammary glands (breast).

Even though they were only exposed in the womb, not after birth or as adults, these prenatally exposed animals do not recover as adults [8]. When these rats reproduce they are unable to suckle (feed) their young properly. As a result, the second generation (grandchildren of the originally exposed mothers) show low grow rates as a result of decreased nutrition.

Link

See also:

And this:

Falling age of puberty in girls presents health risk

The causes of early puberty are complex and include genetics in addition to environmental factors. The rising rate of obesity likely is a driver. Other possible causes include premature birth, low birth weight and exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals in common products ranging from shampoo to household cleaners.

See also:

Girls get their periods today, on average, a few months earlier than did girls 40 years ago, but they get their breasts one to two years earlier.

Clearly, the 'feminization' of females, through the mechanism of suppressed testosterone in women, is also having its impact. (Women and men need both testosterone and estrogen, but obviously in different ratios.)

Scary stuff.

Basically we are ALL living in toxic soup with grave consequences.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, what do you propose we do to solve this issue from our own responsibility point of view?

I mean some of this may be natural, but I can tell a large proportion of these chemicals are man made and are technically pollution that we created.

So the only way I can see solving this problem is, by tearing down the Chemical industry piece by piece. And making them spend all of their profits from the last hundred years on cleaning this mess up and developing protections against it.

And then we should execute them for good measure. Call me a tyrant, but really I have never polluted Earth like this on purpose to profit off everyone else's demise.

The real tyrants are behind all of this. And boy, are they retarded for allowing this to get this far.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I might actually believe this stuff if there wasn't a huge overpopulation problem on this earth. Apparently, the human male tool seems to be functioning just fine as there are over 6 billion people on the planet.

As far as the "weaker sex" thing goes...its so silly that it doesn't even need to be addressed.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
This goes right along with my detoxification stuff and changes it has made, and honestly, I am making sure my testosterone levels are elevated naturally, exercise, vitamins of right kinds etc...

I highly recommend any guys over 30 do it.

That's true. There's a peruvian yam called "Maca" that people can buy that gives you energy and lowers estrogen levels in the body. It tastes like # but works. You can buy it at a health food store or GNC. It comes in powder or pill form. One thing to remember, if you buy some sort of pill or spray to raise testosterone levels in your body, your estrogen levels will naturally rise, too. Which is why Maca is good. It will keep those levels down. It's also good for women who get very emotional during that time of the month.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
I might actually believe this stuff if there wasn't a huge overpopulation problem on this earth. Apparently, the human male tool seems to be functioning just fine as there are over 6 billion people on the planet.

As far as the "weaker sex" thing goes...its so silly that it doesn't even need to be addressed.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

Actually, this is a fact. This is not a conspiracy theory thing. This has gone mainstream. Two years ago it was even in men's health magazine. My tool functions fine (unless I drink too much whiskey). I'm also under 40 and if I make it to 50 I still want it to work the way it did when I was a kid. Don't dismiss all of the information here.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
all my fruit seems to be in place in the basket. Sex drive is good. Though I think it would take a blade cutting off the manhood to run down the sex drive of a 25 year old man.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is old stuff, but something to be concerned about. I didn't realize that this stuff secreted out of plastic bottles into our drinks.

About ten years ago I also had my guys number tested, when I was in my late thirties, and was only in the high two hundreds, barely passing. The doctor thought it might be because I exercise a lot, so low numbers from thigh heat.

I have ate well, lots of veggies, and exercised regularly throughout my life, so apparently this doesn't stop this problem of low count. I also have no performance issues, still wake up with wood in the morning regularly. I think lack of performance is probably an exercise issue for most.

Broccoli, cabbage, brussel, sprouts, all that stuff helps lower estrogen, from what I have read.

As far as human masculinity is concerened, it make sense that modern man is not nearly as testosterone driven as men in ancient times were. The world is not nearly as brutal of a place now days compared to the way it was a thousand years ago, so men have had to mellow out a great deal. Killing, raping, and pillaging was an occupational skill in high demand in those days. Probably our most aggressive males today would be like milktoast when compared to the men of a thousand years ago. If you do anything as audacious as raising your voice these days, people want to make a big deal out of it.

When we start seeing these problems with wildlife, then people need to start being very concerned. The amount of plastics out there on this planet is ridiculously excessive. Most likely that is a real concern, and this problem with male animals turning female is probably the symptom. I remember reading an article about Somalia, and one comment from the author struck me, plastic was everywhere, as if it was growing out of the ground. This is probably a good indication of how much plastic covers the third world.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join