It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEN: You are being chemically castrated.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+96 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

It's funny, sometimes, how the things with the greatest consequences receive the least attention...

Over the last decade, scientists have begun to realize something is seriously wrong with 'maleness'. Not just of human males, but males of nearly every vertebrate on the planet.

A little more than nine months ago, a new report announced some disturbing conclusions:

The male gender is in danger...

The research – the most comprehensive report yet published – shows that a host of common chemicals is feminising males of every class of vertebrate animals, from fish to mammals, including people.

Backed by some of the world's leading scientists...

...drawing on more than 250 scientific studies from around the world – concentrates mainly on wildlife, identifying effects in species ranging from the polar bears of the Arctic to the eland of the South African plains, and from whales in the depths of the oceans to high-flying falcons and eagles.

It concludes: "Males of species from each of the main classes of vertebrate animals (including bony fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals) have been affected by chemicals in the environment.

"Feminisation of the males of numerous vertebrate species is now a widespread occurrence..."

It's official: Men really are the weaker sex

You can read the full report here.

Curious, I went searching for more...

These next two articles are just from the last week:

Divining the Secret of Deformed Roadkill -Judy Hoy has tracked genital malformations among Montana's roadkill for years. She's been reporting disturbing trends for years, but few are paying her heed."

Male bass in many US rivers feminized, study finds

In June of this year, this piece reported:

It’s Time to Learn From Frogs

Some of the first eerie signs of a potential health catastrophe came as bizarre deformities in water animals, often in their sexual organs.

Frogs, salamanders and other amphibians began to sprout extra legs. In heavily polluted Lake Apopka, one of the largest lakes in Florida, male alligators developed stunted genitals.

In the Potomac watershed near Washington, male smallmouth bass have rapidly transformed into “intersex fish” that display female characteristics. This was discovered only in 2003, but the latest survey found that more than 80 percent of the male smallmouth bass in the Potomac are producing eggs.

It disturbingly continues:

Now scientists are connecting the dots with evidence of increasing abnormalities among humans, particularly large increases in numbers of genital deformities among newborn boys. For example, up to 7 percent of boys are now born with undescended testicles, although this often self-corrects over time. And up to 1 percent of boys in the United States are now born with hypospadias, in which the urethra exits the penis improperly, such as at the base rather than the tip.

The suspected culprit?

Endocrine Disrupters.

They are very widely used in agriculture, industry and consumer products. Some also enter the water supply when estrogens in human urine — compounded when a woman is on the pill — pass through sewage systems and then through water treatment plants.

These endocrine disruptors have complex effects on the human body, particularly during fetal development of males.

“A lot of these compounds act as weak estrogen, so that’s why developing males — whether smallmouth bass or humans — tend to be more sensitive,” said Robert Lawrence, a professor of environmental health sciences at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. “It’s scary, very scary.”

Is this all hype?

Apparently not.

The Endocrine Society released a 50 page statement this past June:

There is growing interest in the possible health threat posed by endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs), which are substances in our environment, food, and consumer products that interfere with hormone biosynthesis, metabolism, or action resulting in a deviation from normal homeostatic control or reproduction. In this first Scientific Statement of The Endocrine Society, we present the evidence that endocrine disruptors have effects on male and female reproduction, breast development and cancer, prostate cancer, neuroendocrinology, thyroid, metabolism and obesity, and cardiovascular endocrinology. Results from animal models, human clinical observations, and epidemiological studies converge to implicate EDCs as a significant concern to public health. The mechanisms of EDCs involve divergent pathways including (but not limited to) estrogenic, antiandrogenic, thyroid, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor [gamma], retinoid, and actions through other nuclear receptors; steroidogenic enzymes; neurotransmitter receptors and systems; and many other pathways that are highly conserved in wildlife and humans, and which can be modeled in laboratory in vitro and in vivo models. Furthermore, EDCs represent a broad class of molecules such as organochlorinated pesticides and industrial chemicals, plastics and plasticizers, fuels, and many other chemicals that are present in the environment or are in widespread use. We make a number of recommendations to increase understanding of effects of EDCs, including enhancing increased basic and clinical research, invoking the precautionary principle, and advocating involvement of individual and scientific society stakeholders in communicating and implementing changes in public policy and awareness...

Link.

Awareness, indeed.

Were you aware?

And yet, look at the scale of the problem:

...Half the male fish in British lowland rivers have been found to be developing eggs in their testes...

...40 per cent of the male cane toads – a species so indestructible that it has become a plague in Australia – had become hermaphrodites in a heavily farmed part of the state, with another 20 per cent undergoing lesser feminisation....

...Two-thirds of male Sitka black-tailed deer in Alaska have been found to have undescended testes and deformed antler growth, and roughly the same proportion of white-tailed deer in Montana were discovered to have genital abnormalities...

In South Africa, eland have been revealed to have damaged testicles while being contaminated by high levels of gender-bender chemicals, and striped mice from one polluted nature reserved were discovered to be producing no sperm at all.

At the other end of the world, hermaphrodite polar bears – with penises and vaginas – have been discovered and gender-benders have been found to reduce sperm counts and penis lengths in those that remained male. Many of the small, endangered populations of Florida panthers have been found to have abnormal sperm.

Other research has revealed otters from polluted areas with smaller testicles and mink exposed to PCBs with shorter penises. Beluga whales in Canada's St Lawrence estuary and killer whales off its north-west coast – two of the wildlife populations most contaminated by PCBs – are reproducing poorly, as are exposed porpoises, seals and dolphins.

...[Human] sperm counts are dropping precipitously. Studies in more than 20 countries have shown that they have dropped from 150 million per millilitre of sperm fluid to 60 million over 50 years. (Hamsters produce nearly three times as much, at 160 million.) Professor Nil Basu of Michigan University says that this adds up to "pretty compelling evidence for effects in humans".

Link.

Convinced yet?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
wow!

completely disastrous

this would make for an excellent film plot, where aliens poison us slowly to take over the earth. They have the time and are in no rush.

informative yet frightening post
excellent!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Looks like Germaine Greer may finally get her way in a few thousand years or so!

Who will take out the bins on garbage night?

Btw, great work again Loam S&F for you matey.

[edit on 18/9/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I know this already.

I'm waiting for men between 18 and 60 to decide that the actually care about this and start screaming their freakin' head off.

Because, I know that many women are already aware of this problem. Perhaps because we are the mothers of these boys who are growing to become men.

However, when a crowd of health conscious women say something they are considered hysterical.

When a bunch of guys decide that they are really upset about someone kicking them in the junk - well that ought to get some attention.

These endocrine disruptors do bad things to women's health too. Just in case you didn't know.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Didn't notice anything about Soy. Soy is in a ridiculous # of prepared food as well as having a life of it's own as tofu, vegeburgers, etc.. Soy is an established poison that raises estrogen levels. It is particularly bad for males. Is seems the goal is to create a passive slave population by one means or another.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow this is just really messed up here.

This issue is probably the largest threat on Earth to developed organisms survival than any other issue.

If there is no more sperm, than there will be no more reproduction.

This is indeed a disturbing trend that can for sure cause a mass extinction of not only wildlife, but our species as well.

I guess this will be perfect for the mad scientists who want to clone humans and develop them in test tubes.

We may have no other alternative if this spirals out of control!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Originally posted by ReelView
Didn't notice anything about Soy.

Published just two months ago....

Study Links Soy to Lower Sperm Counts

Eating even small amounts of soy products may cut a man's sperm concentration, a study published online last Thursday in the journal Human Reproduction shows.

Of the 99 men enrolled in the study, those who said they ate the most soy had much lower sperm concentrations than those who reported eating no soy. Soy eaters had, on average, 41 million fewer sperm per milliliter than those who avoided soy products. That association held up after other factors potentially affecting sperm health, such as smoking, alcohol and caffeine intake, age, abstinence time and body mass index were considered.

Consumption of the study's 15 soy-based foods, from miso soup and tofu to soy burgers, ice cream and energy bars, was low, an average of one serving every other day among the highest-consuming group.

And interesting enough is this article presenting a unique point of view:

Soy hypocritical.

The assault clearly comes from many fronts...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Originally posted by Aeons
These endocrine disruptors do bad things to women's health too. Just in case you didn't know.

That is quite true.

The effects just appear more profoundly in men because of male sensitivity to estrogen.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Excellent post.

Yes, I've known about this for over 10 years now, from when I read a book called "Our Stolen Future" by an environmental scientist. Excellent read....I highly recommend it.

It was published decades ago, but the author warned about everything you had in your post....plus more. Not just from the pill, but also from plastic. Yes, drinking water from plastic bottles, and cooking food in plastic containers in the microwave can also release chemicals that mimic human hormones.

Also, something more to add...this is just my own personal belief, but as a single female, I have been alarmed at the lack of "straight men" in cities these days. Please don't take offense if you're gay, because I have a lot of good friends who are gay....in fact, one of my best firends is gay... and there is nothing wrong with being gay. BUT....if you look at the amount of gay men these days compared to straight men....I have to ask myself....are there more of them, or is it just my imagination?

Again, I'm not being homophobic or mean or anything...but I have noticed in the last 10-15 years that men seem to becoming more feminine.

Plus, these hormone disrupters can also cause massive infertility problems in women. Anyone notice lately how many women are having trouble getting pregnant? It's epidemic....

P.S. Yes, soy can also mimic estrogen, too.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Good post - thought provoking. In South Africa our water is also fairly heavily chemically bombed during the purification process but at least we can still drink it out of taps.

My 14 year old son is not suffering from any chemical castration - the blighter is 6 foot tall and growing a respectable moustache.

I wonder if this is limited to the so-called Allied Nations of US, UK, Aus ... perhaps others.
I don't think our politicians would waste good "gravy-train" money that they can pocket themselves, on trying to mess with our bodies and brains. Besides the majority of voters are already naturally brain-washed into believing that they will get free houses, degrees, cars, cattle based on the extravagent promises of each new President.

If I sound a bit angry, I just heard that an old school friend was hijacked recently. During the robbery (for his car) he was shot in the spine, and is now paralyzed.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Maybe that's the NWO end game.

Lower reproduction rates until it becomes a crisis, then institute a new method of human reproduction where they mix and match previously collected, stored, and cataloged samples of human DNA Dr. Moreau style.

Hundreds of thousands of gestation tanks spread out across the planet in multiple underground laboratories. A passive, controlled, cloned work force that all view big brother as their loving mommy figure.

Unquestionable loyalty, a 100% expendable and replaceable worker population that is completely controlled now that normal family mechanics and traditional lifestyles have been removed. Laborers with as high of an I.Q. as you had them designed with.

Let's hope someone destroys them before it's too late to reverse the damage being done.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This has been discussed here some 10 months ago. Also during that time I seem to remember reading a passage/prophecy (biblical?) about how men will no longer be able to sire chldren. Your women will be ours, will be harvested etc.

It seems to tie up into the Alien/Reptilian theory. I've tried searching for it to no avail. I can't seem to remember the exact text. Can anyone point me to it?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
BUT....if you look at the amount of gay men these days compared to straight men....I have to ask myself....are there more of them, or is it just my imagination?

No, its definitely NOT your imagination! 6/10 of the men I have met within the last few years have ALL been self-proclaimed homosexuals or bisexuals. That's absolutely staggering compared to how 'rare' homosexuality *USED* to be in males only a couple of decades back.

I chaulked this spike up to something else (culture?).. but Loam is onto something profound here..

Thank you for the VERY interesting post, Loam!

- Mea

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Excellent thread, I say simply stunning.

I can't say this is surprising to me, I've had this suspicion growing for years. But now it's becoming legitimized. What I am surprised at is the sheer scope and the probably cause. I always expected it to have something to do with cultural castaration.

Like, our culture doesn't ask men to be men anymore. We don't have to go hunt and protect our women, our families, or our tribes usually.

This, however, is simply alarming.

Again I say, great thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Excellent thread!! S and F for you for doing so much research on the topic.

I totally agree that these facts are very scary...and alarming...

It seems like we (humanity) are being slowly killed with our own technologies and our own "Guarbage"
Plastic, medication pills, sugar, chips, fast foods and etc, etc, etc.

When are we going to realize that we are killing ourselves and our planet???

I think that it is still possible to reverse this prosess but many people need to wake up and start ringing the bells.

Natural way of living is ultimate goal for everyone. Living in harmony with nature...
Enough of syntetics, hormons, pesticides and the rest of the S**T.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
In my opinion there has been a massive feminization of male culture. Pop culture has changed the most drastically. I personally believe a large part of it is due to estrogen's, xenoestrogen's, and phytoestrogen's in the environment, (although I think there may be more to it then just that). One of them being BPA which is used extensively in food packaging and acts very much like estrogen. Estrodiol much like estrogen has been used lately to "bulk" up cattle, some beef now contains this hormone which in the male population can be very devastating.

Basically "they" are everywhere. However, there are ways to avoid them, and ways to detoxify from them. Do some research on the subject if you are interested, and I hope if you are a male you will do the research.

I personally feel I have been damaged in some ways by environmental estrogen's, and although there is still more to learn. By avoiding them as best I can, and living healthy I feel more like a Man then ever before. A trait I rarely see in society as of late.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join