It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Your description reminds me of Ashville NC. So many transients that the private businesses lock up their public restrooms.

Asheville!
I think it's more of a problem with homeless people than it is hippies here. There's a whole camp of them under that bridge where the river park is (I was fishing a while back and got asked for cigarettes or change three times in half an hour), and my god the panhandling here has gotten to point where I'm afraid to stop on Patton Ave. to eat anymore.
Hippies have always been here, and alot of the local shops cater to that group, but these transients and homeless folks from out of town are a relatively new issue that is growing exponentially.
Still the best place in the world though, thanks to Franks Roman Pizza lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just on the news (tv) in Columbus, OH there is a gas leak downtown and they are evacuating some of the buildings and closing the streets.

I hope that this is really a gas leak and not something more ominous... when I saw the news I immediately thought of this thread and the posting a few pages back about the suspicious car in Toronto.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyj76
Long time lurker first time post...

WNBC-TV reported a man of Afghan descent from the Rocky Mountain area drove to New York City and met with several people before returning to the Rockies by plane.

MSNBC Link

So did they find his car yet? That would tell them if a bomb was brought in or not. If someone brought a HP bomb in by car then the car is the bomb. Since we have seen no look out warning for a certain car then this story is BS unless they already found it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

The terrorists are floating around the country and go to a
community of their liking for protection and bum a place to sleep
and have their meetings.

So they are trying to be untraceable.

You mean those Hippies sleeping in the tent next to me at Burning Man were probably Terrorists? Or those Rainbow Children that wandered into town and started hanging out and sleeping in my city's Public Parks were probably Terrorists? Or that the homeless dude I let crash on my couch last night was probably a Terrorist?

I always knew homeless, jobless, bathless Hippies were up to something! And to think, all this time I've just thought that fishy smell about them was just because of their poor hygiene habits!

Where's the nearest Girl-Scout when you need them? I have a whole bunch of Terrorists to report!

No.
They went to an Afgan community to bum a place to sleep.
The good neighbors were interviewed in a TV broadcast, they were
also Afgan.
So I figured it out all by myself.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here is what I could find from Denver.

Report: Denver at center of anti-terror probe

The focus of an anti-terrorism investigation turned to Denver today, one day after federal authorities raided several New York City homes in an investigation sparked by a suspected al-Qaeda associate from Colorado.

Multiple news organizations are reporting that the suspect, a man known to friends as Najibullah, traveled to New York from Colorado, prompting the raids. The reports say agents in New York were looking for bomb-making components.

There is still some incongruity depending on which source you read

Multiple news organizations out of New York have begun to report anonymously sourced — and sometimes contradictory — tidbits.

The New York Daily News, citing unidentified sources, is reporting that the investigation centers on a "Denver-based terror cell plotting another attack on the scale of 9/11."

The Daily News reports the attack was focused on New York.

"The FBI is seriously spooked about these guys planning another 9/11," the News quoted a "former senior counterterrorism official" as saying. "This is not some ... FBI informant-driven case. This is the real thing."

The Daily News reports that five people are under surveillance in Colorado. Wright, the local FBI spokeswoman, declined to comment on that report.

"He needed a place to stay," Naiz Khan told the Daily News. "He stayed one night."

Khan told The New York Times that Najibullah once lived in Flushing but moved to Colorado about eight months ago. He said the man returned last week to deal with a permit problem for a coffee cart he once operated in Manhattan.

www.denverpost.com...

Anyone in Denver notice any out of the ordinary activity lately.

Denver has been rumored since 2005 to become a new domestic operating HQ for the CIA.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Perhaps he drove to New York and the material is now there.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It was suggested earlier in this thread that these guys prefer to communicate face to face in order to avoid detection. If he is from Denver perhaps they are trying to coordinate bicoastal attacks. One can only speculate at this point.

There is another thread on the Denver connection.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It was suggested earlier in this thread that these guys prefer to communicate face to face in order to avoid detection.

The guy who heads security at my son's pre k is former homeland. I was asking him all kinds of questions and he was pretty forthcoming about stuff.

he was on a team that was observing a suspected cell here and he would tail them to PA where they'd blow up their homemade toys. he said that they were armed to the teeth when they finally took them down. Said the only way they found out about them was a drug bust.

anyway, he also said they will drive 3 miles away from their apartment to make a call on a phone there, even if there's a pay phone across the street. doesn't mean they won't travel cross country for a sit down, just means that the face to face might not be so essential.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Good point. Plus, disposable cell phones are easy enough to get as well. This case is building like a Hollywood script. Perhaps its to perfect. I'm sure we'll know tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I will post here since the other thread is quickly getting derailed. What I think is going on here is the FBI may have started their investigation too late in the game, and while trying to play catch up on the situation the suspects are easily giving them the slip.

The searches in NY turned up maybe some minute evidence, but they obviously were late to arrive on the scene because nobody was there. Now they have a vehicle that is unaccounted for, but that is easily found if it's on the road. I think that this story is being reported to simply put the pressure on these individuals.

I find it odd that they mention in the news that it was a "cell". That means that they know there a multiple poeple involved. I am guessing that they won't report any further on this for awhile unless they get desperate. If they come forward saying that they are persuing suspects and give pictures/descriptions to identify them, then that is a sure sign that they have absolutely no idea where they are. They will only go to the public as desperate attempt to find information. Just my .02

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

My feelings as well. Put the information out there to put pressure on the cell to force a mistake. I just hope we're not watching one hand while the other is getting ready to strike.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If anything is going to happen it's going to be big. Terrorists have had upwards of 9 years to plan something big. And how many of those years have just fueled more anger and resentment for us due to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Plus the poppy crops in Afghanistan have proved a VERY valuable source of income for terrorists. Our enemies know we are hurting economically and we are stretched entirely way too thin over in the middle east. The time is ripe for an unfortunate attack.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So, are there any ATSers that have experience in explosives? I know a bunch of you are ex-military and the like. Heck, even if somebody has an old copy of the anarchist cookbook on the bookshelf...

What type of explosives can be made with hydrogen-peroxide? Of course, I am not asking for instructions or anything like that, I am just curious what type of explosive can be made with H2O2 which may also be carried in a briefcase?

Then again, this could have all been a false flag to get H2O2 banned. It seems it may be an excellent killer of the flu and we don't want that eating into Tamiflu's profits!
Can Hydrogen Peroxide Prevent the Flu?

In a possibly unrelated note - yesterday all mass transit in Manhatten seemed messed up. In the AM it was probably due to Obama being in town, but in the afternoon/evening it was just as bad. My girlfriend also reported that there was some sort of response (NYFD, NYPD) in the upper east side involving redirected bus routes, 4,5,6 train stoppage and delays, and engines racing south on York Ave from 72nd street. I did not notice any news stories about that.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i just got back from being in the city all day today. Unusually large concentration of police and military at Public Areas.

They where hanging around in groups of 10+ soldiers per area, and cops where going with 4-6 man groups. Police everywhere.

Didint think much of it, however this would explain a few things.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This may be unrelated, but somehow the timing of this gives me a really uneasy feeling. (Yes, I know, we're all prone to those here anyway lol.)

President and CEO of investment manager Rockefeller & Co. found dead in Mass.

They say it was from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound. In his car.

ATS thread on that here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The timing just seems strange especially now that we have this latest terror scare, following on the heels on the latest bin Laden audio tape.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It was suggested earlier in this thread that these guys prefer to communicate face to face in order to avoid detection. If he is from Denver perhaps they are trying to coordinate bicoastal attacks. One can only speculate at this point.

This was left a while ago,
BUT ...
This is a strip from that infamous "Operation Blackjack" on the Guardian website.

Notice how Washington, New York and Toronto have all been mentioned regarding this. Anything happening similar in L.A, Mexico City or Portland?

This strikes me as strange too ...

Denver is noted as 1 of the protected cities.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by wazthewazzock]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Where is Supermax located?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
This may be unrelated, but somehow the timing of this gives me a really uneasy feeling. (Yes, I know, we're all prone to those here anyway lol.)

President and CEO of investment manager Rockefeller & Co. found dead in Mass.

They say it was from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound. In his car.

ATS thread on that here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The timing just seems strange especially now that we have this latest terror scare, following on the heels on the latest bin Laden audio tape.

I thought the same thing, a little too coincidental. It needs its own thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Seems to me that they are trying to dumb down the masses with fear.

I could be wrong It can be an eminent threat.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

The Supermax is located in Florence, Colorado. Here is a list of the notable celebrities that are incarcerated there at one time and at present. Check the link below.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join