It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Where is Supermax located?

Hmmm...Ramzi Yousef is housed there.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've been following this thread with some serious trepidation. In between, this news story coming out of NYC yesterday, the suspicious items found in a post office in Georgia in September 29th, 2007 (A Santa Claus with the name tag "New York" and 10-12 mason jars filled with brown sludge), and the strange jihad invitations sent to a Fox news executive about a possible bombing in lower Manhattan during July 2008. Honestly, you really have to wonder...

Also, there's this recent story about a missing engineer who works at Palo Verde nuclear power plant.

www.azfamily.com...

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SpiralFirmament]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SpiralFirmament]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
politicsofcp.blogspot.com...

This mosque is about a mile from a nuclear power plant. Training mounds have been spotted on the property.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

What type of explosives can be made with hydrogen-peroxide? Of course, I am not asking for instructions or anything like that, I am just curious what type of explosive can be made with H2O2 which may also be carried in a briefcase?

The 7/7 attack in London 2005 involved hydrogen peroxide amongst other accessible chemicals.

This is from the failed bombing attempt a few weeks later also in London.

Sweeney said the 5 kg bombs were made of hydrogen peroxide, nail varnish and flour used to make chapattis, or unleavened bread.

They were carried in rucksacks with wires connected to the detonators hidden under clothing. He said that between May 9 and July 5, the group bought 442 litres of hydrogen peroxide.

One supplier sold them 218 litres, nearly half of its total sales of the chemical in that period. Sweeney said four of the defendants successfully fired their TATP detonators but the main charge failed to explode, possibly because the proportion of hydrogen peroxide was not quite right.

link

Also the recently convicted 3 British men who planned blowing up , up to seven Transatlantic airlines in 2006, intended using hydrogen peroxide based bombs to achieve their objectives.

I would imagine that the chemicals necessary to build these types of devices can be purchased without any specific licence or undue attention, its probably why they are popular with these suicide cells.
Though they are rather unstable and liable to explode prematurely if exposed to changes in temperature or knocked about , as any DIY explosives are i`d hazard to guess.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Heres some info on the Toronto incident

A bomb scare near a propane tank in Scarborough yesterday prompted an hours-long evacuation of the surrounding area and ultimately led to the arrest of a 27-year-old man. Firefighters and the Toronto Police bomb squad were called in to investigate around 1:30 p. m. after a suspicious package was discovered inside a van at a tow truck lot on Markham Road. Officials quickly urged residents to leave the area, warning the "suspicious substance" inside the van could potentially trigger an explosion -- a risk heightened by the vehicle's proximity to a nearby propane tank. For about five hours, all buildings within a 2.5-kilometre radius of Williams Towing at 2671 Markham Rd. were evacuated as officers on scene worked to determine the contents of the package. The affected area was bounded by Steeles Avenue to the north, Finch Avenue to the south, Middlefield Road to the west and Tapscott Road and Morningside Avenue to the east. "It was a lot of businesses in the area that were evacuated," said Toronto police Staff Sergeant Sandra Richardson, noting some of the other factories in the industrial section of Scarborough would also have contained potentially explosive chemicals. "If anyone was within the [2.5-kilometre] radius of the evacuation area, officers were working diligently to have them leave the area." By about 6:30 p. m., officers said they had neutralized the threat, though few other details were released. A A 27-year-old man, whose identity was not released, was arrested in the incident and police said they expected he would be charged.

National Post

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think they might have located one of the missing packages on Time Square:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Four people have been indicted for a plot to bomb a synagogue and a Jewish community center in New York, and to shoot down military planes.

BNO News

Wonder if this is what they were going after?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by LenGXV6]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LenGXV6

No more updates on this from BNO on Twitter, nothing on MSM, nothing on traffic cams. Is this really even taking place?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yeah well, here comes the jewish target thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am trying any and all news threads I can think of, getting nothing. I am thinking BNO either jumped the gun, or got some crap info.

still trying though

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LenGXV6
I am trying any and all news threads I can think of, getting nothing. I am thinking BNO either jumped the gun, or got some crap info.

still trying though

Yeah. It seems there are a lot of suspicious packages. I mean it's probably something like a kid's backpack they lost on the way to school or something. It sounds ominous but every single time it turns out to be something very mundane. I think some people just call in stuff they see laying around. After hundreds of similar reports where nothing happens I'm not too concerned about this. Probably just something for the news people to talk about later today to remind us we're all gonna die by scary AQ or something.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There was a report of a "suspicious Package" in Iowa, Apparently a cooler left lying around.

People are starting to get hyped up by the look of things

Cooler News

A suspicious package that turned out to be a brand new cooler temporarily shut down traffic Monday near the University of Iowa Field House. Advertisement UI Department of Public Safety Director Chuck Green said a caller reported finding a "suspicious package" near the intersection of South Grand and Melrose avenues. Green said the package was a new red and white cooler left out in the open.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by LenGXV6]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LenGXV6

Check this out: www.earthcam.com...

Black screen and it sounds like just wind or maybe a subway sound for audio. Kinda off. Just throwing it out there.

EDIT: Took 3 refreshes but the video is finally working. Looks high up so that explains the wind.
Traffic looks normal from what I can tell.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just had a look at the cam

If that is New York traffic, you can have it. too many cars for me

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah traffic is moving normally.

My question is that all these packages have been found. Im counting four. Have any of them been credible, as in real? The car, do we know what kind of device was in it, has MSM informed us of this?

It has been said, that either the FBI or the 'terrorists' are creating diversions, and this I cannot agree with more. There is so much hype been created, but very little credible news reporting coming from MSM. Still, for the Feds to address congress, means 'big'. I think it's the 'terrorists' that are on top of the game. And have the feds looking at the wrong guys/cells. The arrest in Queens of the 27 year old, that does not sound like a serious bust. He was a mule. Like in 'the Siege'. That kind of stuff is about to go down, in my opinion, and the Feds have addressed congress because they have reason to believe that there are cells operating in the US or NYC.

My theory.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaNaaiya
Yeah traffic is moving normally.

My question is that all these packages have been found. Im counting four. Have any of them been credible, as in real? The car, do we know what kind of device was in it, has MSM informed us of this?

It has been said, that either the FBI or the 'terrorists' are creating diversions, and this I cannot agree with more. There is so much hype been created, but very little credible news reporting coming from MSM. Still, for the Feds to address congress, means 'big'. I think it's the 'terrorists' that are on top of the game. And have the feds looking at the wrong guys/cells. The arrest in Queens of the 27 year old, that does not sound like a serious bust. He was a mule. Like in 'the Siege'. That kind of stuff is about to go down, in my opinion, and the Feds have addressed congress because they have reason to believe that there are cells operating in the US or NYC.

My theory.

That's what I keep reading as well. Some kind of diversion. I have yet to see anything report about any package let alone four of em. I've got the tv on CNN while I look around ATS some more. Pretty odd to report suspicious packages and then say nothing about it on the MSM.

I'm sure these people have some masters of psychology working for them. Damn their mind games. lol

EDIT: News Flash - All OK
news.bnonews.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
BNO Update:

NEW YORK CITY (BNO NEWS) -- Emergency services investigated a report of a suspicious package at Times Square in New York City on Wednesday morning, officials told BNO News. It was later declared safe, a spokesman for the New York City Police Department said. Traffic in the area was not disrupted during the incident.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LenGXV6
BNO Update:

NEW YORK CITY (BNO NEWS) -- Emergency services investigated a report of a suspicious package at Times Square in New York City on Wednesday morning, officials told BNO News. It was later declared safe, a spokesman for the New York City Police Department said. Traffic in the area was not disrupted during the incident.

This is of course great news but it's also so anti-climatic. yawn... lol

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I dont know if you have seen or heard of the movie the Siege. It is with Denzel Washington. What they do first is hijack a bus and fill it with people. They pretend theres bombs and everything and it turns out to be a huge MSM event. But it was only blue paintball bombs. Everything was okay. The purpose of this event was to create hype about 'terrorism'. The 'terrorists' wanted hype, and media attention. This event made the public follow the news, 'terrorism' was a day to day idea.

So what happens when the real thing comes? The media swarms over it, and the bus blows. On national television. They reach the whole world, it's huge.

The reason I mention this, is because it is uncertain who exactly was arrested in Queens and why. Was he a diversion, or just an event to get hype up so that when the big 'boom' blows, all hell breaks loose.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by MaNaaiya]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MaNaaiya

Haven't seen the movie, sounds good though. I don't know if they need to ramp up the scary stuff all that much really. I mean if they really do set off a nuke in the US everyone will be scared plenty enough already, unless of course they want everyone to be scared out of their minds up until it does happen and then completely loose it even more.

If they want people running around like chicken with their heads cut off I say a nuke detonating inside of or over a major city is enough to do that. Then they can crack down on marshal law and all that. I don't think they would have to get us good and scared then blow it. But maybe, I just don't know.

It could be they are just doing this now to prepare us for when one does go off. Maybe it's like a kind of code or something. I think somebody else mentioned this elsewhere but it could be you know they arrest someone in NY and that's the signal to go ahead with a certain date. Or, you know some variation of this or something. I'm no expert in signals intelligence or cracking codes but it's an interesting thought.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join