It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
It's very easy to generalise.

You prove your own point so well....

I take it you don't know any Muslim people?

I don't? Last time I asked... maybe they lied to me then....

This is an ideology all of your own. You think the tanned, bearded Boogey man is out to get you, because the MSM and government tells you this is so.

I do? You know, I had this period in my life where I believed there were people out to get me. Never a bearded Boogey man though. More like a well organized group of white men. There was this other group, I believed, of also white men protecting me. That's why they could never get to me. I don't believe that anymore.

And no, Muslim certainly does not equate to terrorist. I can't believe there is a single person on here still suggesting this.

Who said Muslim equates to terrorist? I only saw someone say most terrorist are Muslims. That's the otherway around. And for a large part of the world that is the truth.

[edit on 15/9/2009 by FreezeM]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why do I feel like every single time I look into the news recently, it seems to be setting the scene more and more for a false flag move? Honestly, it seems like the signs are everywhere and it's becoming blindingly obvious something is going to happen.

There is waytoo much speculation (backed by solid evidence) out there for NOTHING to occur in the next 2 months or so. If it's not a "botched military drill" it's a "terrorist raid in nyc" or some PsyOps reservist screaming false flag nuke attack on the coasts.

It's really sad because my family lives about 15 miles outside of NYC, I'm 15 minutes outside Philly and I have several friends who reside in D.C. I feel as if these are all prime targets as well.

We need to see what light is shed on this situation when they hopefully declassify the briefings.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
For those who aren't up to speed. The next phase will involve Syria and Saudi attacks. This will allow AQ to move into the region and expand their network, bringing them in control.
"BAGHDAD: Iraq said it will send a delegation to Turkey on Tuesday with evidence backing its allegations that Syrian-based terrorist groups orchestrated recent bombings in Baghdad. “The evidence includes confessions, communications, financing and logistic support by people living in Syria and who have relations with Al-Qaeda,” said government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh, confirming the trip to Ankara."
www.dailystar.com.lb...

WWIII will also include India keeping Pak in check. Pak has 100 nukes in the hands of AQ (ISI) and the US will be occupied with other problems. Meanwhile Israel will go after Iran alone. Hopefully not in defense after an attack.

Islamic terrorism isn't about one report in NYC.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Alright, I know this thread is already on page 12 but I'm in Queens NY and was here yesterday so I figured I'd comment.

There were a lot of police out yesterday, cars, vans and even a chopper or two. They were also "Fixing the cable" on the block all day but it's probably unrelated.

From what I've heard on the news this was a rather large joint task force operation that uncovered no explosives or explosive ingredients. We did have a few terror drills happening this past week including one that was reported as news by CNN, maybe this was one of them?

I can't say that I'd be surprised that they would consider Queens as a good spot for terrorists as Queens always gets a bad rap. Anyone who watches Law & Order SVU knows the worst perverts always live in Queens lol.

All in all, I'm really over the terrorist fear mongering, it's like no one understand how simple it is to make an "IED" with a couple of things from the kitchen and some black powder. I just feel that if someone was going to blow something up they would've done so by now.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Interesting article schrodinger - makes you wonder how "that" guy from "that" group got in our country... Perhaps our spooks let him in to see where he'd go and what he'd do... Perhaps "their" spooks wanted him to visit NY to see how our spooks would respond... Perhaps "they've" taken a page out of the Israeli playbook -- watch my right hand while my left hand goes to work (this "guy" was just a diversion for another operation -- designed to distract our spooks just long enough...).

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

AQ doesn't have any plans to do anything until 2010 actually. Meanwhile they are picking at our economy and continuing to infiltrate our government, resources, and infrastructure. No reason for the public to be on alert. Many people in Homeland Security work daily to protect this country.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by jibeho

This should be interesting.
Is it real or just more BS to keep the threat meter high and the budget money rolling in?

I'll put my money on BS, Threat Meter and Budget Money anytime. More Lies!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sorry I am not reading through 12 pages today, but I wanted to post an update to this from FOX:

Link to Article

The warning, obtained by The Associated Press, also said that these homemade explosive materials can be hidden in backpacks, suitcases or plastic containers.

I find it interesting that the clues are starting to unravel before us. Suitcase nukes are possible, although they don't have as much impact as missiles. This could be a way for the gov to claim they were investigating but were too late to respond sort of thing.

Also today we are having a lot of jets flying like crazy over my house in Denver, CO.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Can't post the link cause I'm on my phone and at work but Fox News headline reads, "FBI warns police to look for bomb making materials"

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Suitcase nukes have satelite codes that aren't easy to break. Not as simple as it may seem.
There is however, plenty of nuclear material in the average emergency room x-ray and nuclear medicine departments to make a weapon that will take haz-mat a few years to clean up and scare the poop out of alot of people. And yes, this material is in the hands of sleeper cells.

Potassium iodide is usually handed out to residents within a radious of nuclear power plants. You can buy it on ebay.

Denver confirms. Also look at St Louis.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry, I missed this info posted a couple of posts up the line. This is duplicate information just more from the press release.

NEW YORK — Counterterrorism officials are warning police departments around the country to be on the lookout for evidence of homemade bombs following raids on several New York City apartments in a hunt for explosives and possible links to al-Qaida operatives.

The joint FBI and Homeland Security intelligence warning, issued Monday, lists indicators that could tip off police to homemade hydrogen peroxide-based explosives, such as people with burn marks on their hands, face or arms; foul odors coming from a room or building; and large industrial fans or multiple window fans. The warning, obtained by The Associated Press, also said that these homemade explosive materials can be hidden in backpacks, suitcases or plastic containers.

The notice was not intended for the public, said Justice Department spokesman Richard Kolko.

www.chron.com...

Plenty of uncertainty surrounding this case. It sounds like they are suggesting that this material could already be on the streets.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Can't see anything happening. just focus being switched from the end of the fiscal year and having to explain that the US is skint.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well, unless they have tanker truck fulls of H2O2, then I am much less concerned now! Why don't they just tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth from the start!! Instead of letting our minds wander to suitcase nukes, and dirty IED's!??

Within 5 miles of me are plenty of LPG containers, Liquified O2, N2, fertilizer, gasoline tankers, ammo depots, and an array of chemicals that I can put together via youtube and outgun these terrorists!!

Who is in charge of this fearmongering anyway? They are doing a piss poor job of keeping me frightened these days! I expect more creative stories from them than this! I think we need a new Fearmonger Czar!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Long time lurker first time post...

MSM is reporting that

FBI warns police agencies after NYC terror raid

Counterterrorism officials are warning police departments around the country to be on the lookout for evidence of homemade bombs following raids on several New York City apartments in a hunt for explosives and possible links to al-Qaida operatives.

The joint FBI and Homeland Security intelligence warning, issued Monday, lists indicators that could tip off police to homemade hydrogen peroxide-based explosives, such as people with burn marks on their hands, face or arms; foul odors coming from a room or building; and large industrial fans or multiple window fans. The warning, obtained by The Associated Press, also said that these homemade explosive materials can be hidden in backpacks, suitcases or plastic containers.

WNBC-TV reported a man of Afghan descent from the Rocky Mountain area drove to New York City and met with several people before returning to the Rockies by plane.

MSNBC Link

The areas that are Bold were added by myself because these are new information.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The terrorists are floating around the country and go to a
community of their liking for protection and bum a place to sleep
and have their meetings.

So they are trying to be untraceable.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What a bunch of fear mongering hooey they are churning out for us.

Where is Keifer Sutherland? Popcorn's ready.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

The terrorists are floating around the country and go to a
community of their liking for protection and bum a place to sleep
and have their meetings.

So they are trying to be untraceable.

You mean those Hippies sleeping in the tent next to me at Burning Man were probably Terrorists? Or those Rainbow Children that wandered into town and started hanging out and sleeping in my city's Public Parks were probably Terrorists? Or that the homeless dude I let crash on my couch last night was probably a Terrorist?

I always knew homeless, jobless, bathless Hippies were up to something! And to think, all this time I've just thought that fishy smell about them was just because of their poor hygiene habits!

Where's the nearest Girl-Scout when you need them? I have a whole bunch of Terrorists to report!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Regardless of what comes of this,just remember that if it were not for the internet and TV,it would be unknown to you.

Remember to react in the way you would if you didn't know.

Watch what everyone else does.

Hear a lot of bleating.

Hide out.

Laugh.

I am homeless.

I have no job at this time.

I am one of those dangerous "free people",I guess.

Now it seems that they are twisting being homeless into the possibiltity that there are terrorists among us,among the homeless...........

How Quaint.

How Twisted.

Fear,fear,fear,fear.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yup,when it's hot out,it's way cheaper to run a fan than A/C,but some dumb sheep will call the cops on you as a suspected torrorist just for trying to save a bit of money by using window fans.

Yup,now all those kids at the bus-stop wearing those backpacks may be carrying homemade explosives,uh huh!...

Do you people see how the ignorant masses will utilise this info yet.

Pure propaganda.

Nothing is aimed directly at it's target.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

You mean those Hippies sleeping in the tent next to me at Burning Man were probably Terrorists? Or those Rainbow Children that wandered into town and started hanging out and sleeping in my city's Public Parks were probably Terrorists? Or that the homeless dude I let crash on my couch last night was probably a Terrorist?

I always knew homeless, jobless, bathless Hippies were up to something! And to think, all this time I've just thought that fishy smell about them was just because of their poor hygiene habits!

Where's the nearest Girl-Scout when you need them? I have a whole bunch of Terrorists to report!

Your description reminds me of Ashville NC. So many transients that the private businesses lock up their public restrooms.

I would be more apt to believe that many foreign terrorists in this country have done a pretty good job at assimilating into their given environments. Lets not forget the US born terrorists who affiliate with a variety of organizations to advance their cause.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join