It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
The problem is not that we don't have a place to put these videos.

The problem is YouTube and Google are trying to prevent the spread of a specific kind of information through their systems.

They are trying to keep this information from going viral. It's worse than outright censorship in a way.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by muggl3z]

Again, seed a torrent. Thats somepleace to put them.

To get video from a non youtube site:
file2hd.com...

To get video from youtube:
downloadyoutubevideo.org...

Convert the file to .mpg if its .flv (you tube videos will be)
www.brothersoft.com...
www.google.com...

And then seed the torrent. I used mininova because its free and public.
www.mininova.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Fantasy land says this is fantasy land.
Step back when the towers fell.
Shock,wonder,anger, then rage and revenge.
Emotion is what drives me.
Now years later I need something to blame?
ATS?Me?Who?God?
No answers.I have understood there are others out there who hate me, that do not know me.I do not quite understand why.
This is real.
This is my fantasy land.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For FYI. The video is currently posted on the Front Page of youtube under videos being watched right now.... I have a feeling it will only be a matter of time before it actually gets under the "Popular" section. Which IMO it should already be there... but ah well.. that's YouTube for you.

EDIT: @934PM -> Well that didn't last long. It's off the front page. What a shock. I took a screen cap of it so at least I have proof it happened.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by DoNotBelieveThem]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
Why people keep shooting the messengers I have no idea....

This censorship and fudging , attacking the messenger etc all makes it get worse than it would have otherwise. They are feeding the millions strong, 'fully operational battlestation' (to take a line from Emperor Palaptine) called 9/11 TRUTH.

In the end a nation is made of its people, with enough movement things can happen fast.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I will cut the chase.
It's an age old tactic... Get the enemy to turn on it self.
This spells anarchy.
Collapse.
Check mate.
If this is what you need? So be it.
your enemy.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've seen those kind of errors in YT before... More rating number than view counts, more comments than view counts and undefined ratings number...

I think those are bugs or something. Not sure though if those are server-side or client-side.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VincentValentine

So have I, yet they usually correct in less than 24 hrs. This has not(vid still getting absolutely nailed though - possible bug??) but combined with comment clipping, its getting smellier than a fish barrel.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I get it am I the fish barrel?
This all you got? Let me see your outline.
What is your ultimate agenda?
Fish fry?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Let me remind you. I fly in jets with blacked out windows.
We land in places that are off limits to the public.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
www.unfictional.com...

Total Google blackout on “sensitive” clips

"There are other ways of sorting video clips on YouTube. According to ratings, for example. Google’s censorship of 9/11 Truth clips did not work effectively because resetting the view counters to some random number below 50 000 did not get rid of the extremely high ratings those millions of viewers gave the clips and documentaries. Sorting by rating would still show movies by Aaron Russo and Alex Jones, movies like Zero and In Plane Site. Google keeps refining their censorship of movies that show that everything about 9/11 stinks to high heaven, and now they disable the ranking for such movies they apparently deem objectionable or otherwise incompatible with their business objectives. Not only that – Google also mass-deletes hundreds of comments on video’s they want to suppress. This will make the clip not show up in a search for most commented videos."

PROOF of YouTube Corporate Censorship

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here on the UK side of YouTube, Sheen's video is placed in the most popular and shows to have 154,654 views...it has made it!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
#1 - Most Discussed (Today)
#1 - Most Discussed (Today) - News & Politics
#1 - Most Responded (Today) - News & Politics
#1 - Most Responded (This Week) - News & Politics
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Australia
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Canada
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - United Kingdom
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Ireland
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - New Zealand
#3 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics
#4 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Spain
#3 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Netherlands
#4 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Poland
#2 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Czech Republic
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Sweden
#4 - Top Favorited (Today)
#1 - Top Favorited (Today) - News & Politics
#11 - Top Rated (Today)
#1 - Top Rated (Today) - News & Politics
#1 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics

I'm in the process of capturing screen shots, every time I need to re-rate.

My rating has been erased 6 times.

Odd error, I guess.

Also it's been stuck at 154654 for hours....

Good to see the video getting out their, despite the "glitch."

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I just used the link and the number of views has not changed yet. I saw a comment that pointed out this same fact by posting the number in his /her post. Something stinks, I always have believed that 9/11 was an inside job, I have the video that came out years ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow, this is really heavily suppressed, they only have it on the front page in the largest thumbnail in the most prominent position!

Seriously, loads of videos get the view count glitch, if you watch a lot of YouTube that isn't conspiracy oriented, it happens on lots of videos, especially those that get really popular.

If they really were suppressing the video, I'd expect them to do much more than just low-ball the view counter, maybe they'd just delete it, or not allow it onto the front page, or not allow it to get on the honors lists...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

It is truth in what you say, I like the music videos and they yank vids all the time that break the copy rights law, they also will kill the audio but leave the video.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Here's an additional thing to think about...

If you look on peoples profiles here on ATS, you'll see that next to threads they've posted it will say "0 views". When I first came to ATS, I wondered why that doesn't work, and found some threads in the board business section, here is just one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that thread, one of the problems with maintaining view counts is explained by The Overlord, and it matches what I know about databases. Everytime a view count is updated, it has to make a write to a database. Reading from a database is fairly cheap (in CPU time/computer usage), and most of the ATS site is built on the idea of reading from a big database. However, any time you write to a database, you have to lock it, then write, then unlock, which is very expensive.

Here is a very basic breakdown, as I was taught in my computer science course.

Say you have a bank account database, and two clerks are accessing it at the same time. They both plan to credit your account. Call them A and B. Without locking, the scenario might end up looking like this:

A reads your balance as $100
B reads your balance as $100
A wants to deposit $10, so adds $10 to the $100 it read, then writes the database to say $110
A wants to deposit $50, so adds $50 to the $100 it read, then writes the database to say $150

You just lost $10!

With locking, it might look like this:

A wants to deposit $10, so locks the database, and reads the balance
B wants to deposit $50, but the database is locked, so it has to wait...
A writes the new balance as $110, then unlocks the database
B now sees the database is unlocked, and makes it's own lock, reads the balance as $110, writes the new balance as $160, and unlocks.

All those locks add a big overhead to the servers. In ATS case, they decided that the feature wasn't worth the cost of buying more powerful servers.

What I expect YouTube has done, is they have got another server(s), which just hold the amount to be updated. They are a big site, and can afford to do this. This releases the strain on their main servers, then at some point when the main server is not too busy, they will consult the server that has been counting the hits, and add them onto the main servers count.

Now, it will be a little bit more complicated than this in reality, as YouTube has many many servers, but I hope this helps people understand the problems involved.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
This happens a lot to truth videos. They'll lock the views so it doesn't pop up on some main page or something.

^^ this.

the only way to get around that is to copy his video, and repost it as your own with a diffreent 10 second intro . this way the people who filter the videos will skip the content and it will look like JAWB (just another web blog)

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
nevermind, shoulda read more before responding.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Now that I've shown in my last post, just why view counts are so problematic, I will get to a genuine YouTube 'conspiracy' of sorts.

They do manipulate their most viewed pages, and I can give you proof...

Here is the page most of you will have seen where you can look at most viewed of all time:

Most viewed of all time

And here is a special search, that will show the TRUE most watched of all time:

The REAL most viewed of all time

As for why they do this, I can only guess... To make things more 'fresh' on that page, so it's not static for months on end, to remove slightly 'adult' content, or to remove things that are blatent copyright violations maybe? Who knows...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
Google gave BHO $803,436 in campaign contributions.
Google owns youtube.
Maybe google doesn't want Charlie to speak with BHO..

Yup. And Google was co-founded by a Russian....the masters of communism, deception, thuggery, mafia, murdering, censorship, etc, etc, etc.

The Russians are duplicitous, make no mistake about it. They've got us right where they want us. Communism is alive and well, contrary to all the people that believed the Freemason Reagan defeated communism.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join