It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I added my 2 cents, lets see how long it lasts.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
HAH! I can't comment that video anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Is it unique hits,
or could the same person watch it 10 times and create 10 hits?

[edit on 12-9-2009 by conar]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lurch
Maybe Youtube just don't want to be associated with propagating lunatic conspiracy theories (that many find to be insulting)? Maybe it's bad for business?

If they want to mess with the viewing figures that's entirely their right as a private company.

Apologies if this has already been stated, haven't had time to read the thread yet...

You will not find censorship in a public library. You need not read the book.
You need not watch the vid on Youtube. But if a ligit vid is manipulated,
that is Hypocrisy. You tube is private, as ATS is and they do what they want.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Again for all those who wonder.

1 user is only allowed 1 rating and 1 view.

Originally posted by harpsounds
If they really were suppressing the video, I'd expect them to do much more than just low-ball the view counter, maybe they'd just delete it, or not allow it onto the front pag,

What about Deleting user ratings?

Again, with any video, you tube allows the user only one rating. However, here's a series of snap shots showing how my rating was deleted in the last 10 hours.

Rated Last night

Checked to see if I rated

Rated this morning

This has happened 6 times. Might be a glitch, but again, this hides the real ratings, and ultimately the real view number. A video with 7000 ratings in less then 2 days is newsworthy. However, if my ratings was deleted 6 times, I'm willing to be bet that others have been deleted.

A) How many people rated, and then were erased hours later? This will keep the number stagnant and at a slow rise.

B) How many people really saw the video? Often the ratings can be are an indicated of per views. If you stall the view count for 10 hours, and delete ratings you can manipulate the view count accounting. I have a feel when compared to other (non glitched) videos, that this video has over 1 - 2 + million views.

The video is on the front page of popular and most viewed, but really the true number is being grossly misreported. It's not the top video on either page (but look for the ratings and views for why).

THEY KEEP ERASING RATINGS! This is different from updating a view count ever 10 hours...

[edit on 12-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I guess if you keep hunting for anomalies to support your conclusions, you'll probably find some in the end.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I guess if you keep hunting for anomalies to support your conclusions, you'll probably find some in the end.

When I Keep looking?

You stated that there would be more evidence, then when I do, you retort with that?

Really? Do you need More?

I can also focus on the comment rate. The comment rate for this video has been a steady 10-20 per minute for the last two days. This isn't evident with the comment count for the video (which would mean they are deleting comments at a huge rate (as discussed in another video I posted, did you watch it? Probably not).

You can even watch the comment rates by just watching the posting times (between seconds of each other).

A comment number for 2 days, when the rate is 10-20 comments a minute would be approximately (which is the post frequency of this video):

28800- 57600 Comments

It's currently 13623 as of 12:15 EST (9/12/09)

That approximately 15177 - 43977 deleted comments.

I can also screen grab other users who comments on the video saying they had their rating deleted (oh wait I already did that pages ago, if you looked).

Why when people ask for more proof, do they scoff at the proof and make the person look like a nut. YOU STATED THAT MORE EXAMPLES WERE NEEDED!

Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And yes, Google and Youtube can censor anything they wish. And us as users can choose to say no thanks and walk away if we choose.

Having said that. Ultimately, Youtube is a business and as such makes money on ad revenue generated by popular videos.

Considering that directors/ partners of Youtube post videos, and revenue is earned because of said content, If Youtube has the ability to control popularity of a video, then if censorship occurs, they can then determine the payout of said video to a "partner".

www.businessweek.com...

"We first launched the YouTube Partnership Program (YPP) to help some of our more popular users make money from their videos on YouTube. While we've focused on accepting prolific users who regularly produce videos that reach a wide audience"

Since money is involved, as You Tube is a business, then would it be Fraudulent behavior if censorship occurred.

Technically speaking, A partner on Youtube may financially gain if a video they create goes Viral.

If a Video goes Viral and is censored, YouTube will still get the giant "viral" AD revenue, but the director receives revenue based on censored stats, (ie less then they should).

WHICH IS FRAUD.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Jones is only half right. He tells half the story. What if for one moment we consider that he is against us and wants to lead us away from true discoveries and follow him for bible, creating a new Stalin ect. And we all know that was set up by the NWO.

All im saying is take it with a pinch of salt, the truth may be far larger than it is portrayed here.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Mandoon]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandoon
I have a feeling that Jones is only half right. He tells half the story. What if for one moment we consider that he is against us and wants to lead us away from true discoveries and follow him for bible, creating a new Stalin ect. And we all know that was set up by the NWO.

All im saying is take it with a pinch of salt, the truth may be far larger than it is portrayed here.
[edit on 12-9-2009 by Mandoon]

This isn't about Alex this is about questions millions around the world have about 9/11. I have the same question Alex, Charlie, George Noory, Richard Gage all these people question the official story.

People will continue to think Alex is dis info but i check his info on vaccines and fluoride in the water, aspartame, cps child kidnapping rings, Oklahoma city bombing, Waco, police state. Tell me what is not true about what he says about these things.

People want him to talk about how Jews do everything and he does talk about Israel but not all the time there are plenty of talk shows that do that listen to them. Maybe you want more Vatican talk well again there are plenty that talk about the Vatican also listen to them.

It comes down to this if you don't like what Alex is saying turn him off.

Fact remains we need answers for these questions about what happened on 9/11 and videos like these need to get out to the masses because if even 1 crucial fact about the official story is false we have to question it all.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
People,
The comments I have been posting on YouTube calling for unification of people against the PTB are just disappearing. I have been also advicating the seizure of all assets of the Federal Reserve and Central Banks and the ilk that run them.

You are absolutely correct. They are not just being removed-these show up as comment removed by author-but just disappear.

The only comments remaining are the ones that are vitriol and attacking each other. The endisnighe!

Seize the Federal Reserve assets and the Central Bank assets. Also seize all the assets of the ilk that run them.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
To be honest, I'm just putting this out there...

Have any of you thought that possibly the govt. or the 'illumanti', whatever you want to call the social elites, put Sheen up to this, to raise suspicion, only to find that the president comes back with a pre-written statement, debunking all of Sheen's accusations? I mean, it would definitely be bad for us truthers, and it would put a major dent in all our efforts to make the truth shine...

Just my 2cents. Might be wrong... Could be right?

Exploring every avenue and possibility, is what it's about.
You must know your enemy before you can defeat him or her.
The fact that things have gone as far as they have concerning this video says volumes.
Most folks know very little of communism since McCarthy was
character assassinated in the late forty's or early 50's.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Picture Update

I screen grabbed dozens of screens in an attempt to document comments pointing to Censorship.

Please note the names have been smudged to protect the user's privacy.

These comments are not in any specific order. They were screen grabbed and added accordingly.

They discuss comment deletion, ratings being reset numerous times, and the fact that:

DESPITE BEING THE TOP VIDEO TODAY ON YOUTUBE (in discussion, and views).

It's not at the top of either page. In fact, 3/4 of the honors it held three hours ago, are now erased.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I must also note.

All of these comments were screen grabbed in the last 2 hours.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Have seen multiple comments go incl my own and majorly owned shills being erased, I've had to re-rate 5 times it seems to have stuck though now.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Have seen multiple comments go incl my own and majorly owned shills being erased, I've had to re-rate 5 times it seems to have stuck though now.

Seems that Ratings are deleted at different times... I've seen it happen in minutes, and other times it takes hours. So check back occasionally, and recheck that your rating still stand.

And as this occurs, the rating is dropping slow from 5.0.

How convenient.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Could you possibly explain this post to me.
Is it an assumption "guess" about someone's futuristic conclusions?
Is it of topic ? What is the content?
Are you saying that you love C. Sheen and Alex?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ScaredCabbage

Dear Mods - I understand the "warnings", I mean views of a dissenting nature are no-nos

but two warnings for the same post.......nice php back-end logic you got there

anyway --> OABAMA rules.....ACORN is the best....long live OBAMA

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Hi Squid, I'm not so sure about only one view, or am I missing something/

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Hi Squid, I'm not so sure about only one view, or am I missing something/

Can you clarify your question? I believe you are questioning stats per user.

Each User is allowed One view count only. Meaning, if they refresh the page, the view count will only go up once and not again. This is stop people from pushing up their own videos. You can watch video as many times as you want, but it will only register one view on the counter.

Each User also, only gets one Rating per Video.

You rate a video out of 5 stars once. And can never usually re-rate a video, again to control popularity manipulation.

Each user can comment as many times as they please.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join