It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is why they can do what they want with all of us. We cant even agree or hold togheter enought time for an official report of some kind. We ask the questions and some that dont know the answers just go out there and open their mouths. Then as good shepards they feed us the same excuses over and over and over.

Most of the official arguments we all agree are border line sense and possible. But then again most part of the 9/11 conspiracy is also border line and could also be possible. So what is there left to believe tell me?

I will keep repeating it to whom wants to listen. We all need to stick togheter. Thats including the non believers. Why not ask the questions again, even if you believe it was osama. Why not push for some more info or an other commission? Dont tell me you dont want your goverment to go throuh all that trouble because you care about their time. Why be scared of what will result from it? The best case scenario for you guys is that they repeat the same exact thing they did in the first place and then you can tell us again see I told you what a waste of time. You say but it will be the same why waste our time and tax payers money. Well its simple this time the whole world is ready with questions. Great minds have made research and have questions that will be hard to answer and will make them hide because they just wont know what to say.

I dont know what to say besides half of this world is sleeping and doesnt want to wake up of fear of what they will find once woken up. The other half is fighting a battle we cant win with out the ones sleeping.

I believe its the same for any disclosure. But one thing I can give the elite. You guys are smart really smart and you got us all exactly where you wanted us. But I promise you and mark my words very carefully:
We will Wake Up one day. We will all push in the same direction for the truth they cant shut us all up.

Think about it. We are all in it togheter. It is as important for an Iraqi then for an american, canadian, indian, european because that action created a ripple that affected the entire planet. The world is watching now very carefully.

N.B: im a tech and work with programmers all the time. I own web servers and got some pretty complex code on these also. Code never changes and does what its made to do. A glitch ok if something was added to the code if it was modified ok I could understand. its like a chaine reaction. BUT youtube always worked fine. view count is not a new feature. for the hardware not to keep up with the demand I would strongly doubt that. all the other video were reported to work perfectly. So each view = written in the DB by increment. What could be the possibilities that tons of people would request the video at the same exact time up to milliseconds and not give the hardware enought time to add all those views in the DB. Youtube as been tested and retested by their techs exactly for this not to happen never ever ever the no4 in the world....lolol cant keep up with view counts basic sql Incrementation. (+1+1+1+1)
Im a little desapointed in humanity but thats just my thing. There is still good people out there dont get me wrong but its harder to find.

Its just unbelievable what people can say to make others believe they know what they are talking about. Not saying its impossible with out having all the technical facts but I doubt that youtube had an issue it would of reflected on the entire site and the entire server farm would of been affected. not just C.Sheen video lolol

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
heh the page on that video isnt loading at all, then it says a error, then it stops working all together, i still havent been able to watch it, but any other vid on youtube i can watch

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is what always happens when a conspiracy theorist meets something they have absolutely no clue about or are ignorant to it: they say its a conspiracy.

Undefined is a normal JavaScript error, it seems as though its reproducible on almost ALL videos on the site. So no, its not Youtube censoring Alex. (ugh)

The view count being limited is usually a good thing. One of two things happens when you see low views and higher rating counts:
The video is experiencing rapid views and the counter stops to make sure a bot is not producing them (later returning to normal and showing the right count) or the youtube server has lagged and will update the counts in queue.

This prevents someone from posting a horrible video and using a spam bot from increasing its view count to get it to show on the front page as to hurt or insult millions.
This is quality control, not a conspiracy.

I laughed hard at this topic.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NIGHTRID3R

N.B: im a tech and work with programmers all the time. I own web servers and got some pretty complex code on these also. Code never changes and does what its made to do. A glitch ok if something was added to the code if it was modified ok I could understand. its like a chaine reaction. BUT youtube always worked fine. view count is not a new feature. for the hardware not to keep up with the demand I would strongly doubt that. all the other video were reported to work perfectly. So each view = written in the DB by increment. What could be the possibilities that tons of people would request the video at the same exact time up to milliseconds and not give the hardware enought time to add all those views in the DB. Youtube as been tested and retested by their techs exactly for this not to happen never ever ever the no4 in the world....lolol cant keep up with view counts basic sql Incrementation. (+1+1+1+1)
Im a little desapointed in humanity but thats just my thing. There is still good people out there dont get me wrong but its harder to find.

Its just unbelievable what people can say to make others believe they know what they are talking about. Not saying its impossible with out having all the technical facts but I doubt that youtube had an issue it would of reflected on the entire site and the entire server farm would of been affected. not just C.Sheen video lolol

Are you sure you're a programmer or just dabble in it? Youtube and Google do not use common data-basing techniques to build their websites. A view is checked for validity, duplication (same IP or same user), and just about a dozen or more other checks before it is counted. A properly setup server will handle different SQL requests differently. Many can be queued as to not flood the server and slowdown things. So seeing as a view count is not as important as say, streaming the video, youtube will defer view requests.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Someone with internet knowledge should send/post this vid to uncensored sites such as:

www.metacafe.com
www.liveleak.com
www.aljazeera.net (portal to the arab world)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedAmnesia
Someone with internet knowledge should send/post this vid to uncensored sites such as:

www.metacafe.com
www.liveleak.com
www.aljazeera.net (portal to the arab world)

Except this video is not being censored so that action is redundant.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

www.youtube.com...

Video showing Number Of Views will not increase

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovo88

I understand the various checks for values etc, only count unique Ip's, the various possiblilities to achieve the same purpose. But the bottom line its incremented in a DB after all checks have been done, sql, txt file etc its a db anyway you want to call it. I was refering to the posts that mention that many have seen it and the view count as not changed (never said it had to be instantaneous but it shouldnt take a few days either). Its possible it as been queud for update. Whit this said Im not a programmer but a tech that works in the web biz for some time. As I mentioned with out the technical info of the moment it is a hard call but I still doubt they make basic mistakes that results in bugs. If they do, I got a great team of guys ready to patch it up for them

Just read a post under yours that suggest to add the video to other VID sites to compare view count and see if its that popular as stated. Could be intresting if anyone as time for that.

No grudge ...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NIGHTRID3R
reply to post by Kovo88

I understand the various checks for values etc, only count unique Ip's, the various possiblilities to achieve the same purpose. But the bottom line its incremented in a DB after all checks have been done, sql, txt file etc its a db anyway you want to call it. I was refering to the posts that mention that many have seen it and the view count as not changed (never said it had to be instantaneous but it shouldnt take a few days either). Its possible it as been queud for update. Whit this said Im not a programmer but a tech that works in the web biz for some time. As I mentioned with out the technical info of the moment it is a hard call but I still doubt they make basic mistakes that results in bugs. If they do, I got a great team of guys ready to patch it up for them

Just read a post under yours that suggest to add the video to other VID sites to compare view count and see if its that popular as stated. Could be intresting if anyone as time for that.

No grudge ...

Thats all and fine, but the delays are 4-12 hours. With a site making thousands of DB queries a second (maybe tens of thousands even with caching) it is not hard to imagine they have a queuing system for all videos, thus it WILL take long if the queue is full.

edit: even if it takes 0.0005 second sot increment a value, imagine a spam bot detector collecting a bunch of viewer IPs then comparing them to a database of spam bot IPs (or however they do it) its not something that takes seconds, and on top of that they do it simultaneously for all videos.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Kovo88]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I told you all day 1 this was a genius move by AJ and Charlie. This thing is going to blow up even more now with the censorship, it will only infuriate people and make them post it even more. Bad move by Yewtube, they should just ride it out and not get involved.

This whole situation is at boiling point, and everyone is showing there true colors.

D

Charlie Sheen will end up making some noise about 9/11; he already has. Yeah, shame about that censorship - Alex Jones does the same thing on his website. Only Google doesn't delete comments that they don't agree with, unlike Alex Jones and his staff. Irony.

Two wrongs don't make a right though. If Google is censoring the video, they should be called out on it. It wouldn't be the first time they were accused of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Are people dense? Youtube isnt censoring it, it has been explained in my previous posts and by others. You just dont understand modern databasing environments in high traffic systems (in Youtubes case, extremely high traffic)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As a president Obama must under our nation the second that he swore in that he has to answer to the people, Charlie Sheen being a nation born citizen he must answer to him, and not only that but the millions of Americans that have woke up to the truth, so Obama will you earn our trust back? Then accept this.
We are the nation, we should represent America not our government that fights each other more than fights actual problems.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kovo88
Are people dense? Youtube isnt censoring it, it has been explained in my previous posts and by others. You just dont understand modern databasing environments in high traffic systems (in Youtubes case, extremely high traffic)

I quoted someone on the second page. It was more of an irony post, because of Alex Jone's staff censoring comments a couple of days ago. Man, are people dense?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Apoc1337

Please let me splain to you how the internet works:
People who run sites have advratisers that pay them. Therefore they mkae money by attracting hits. Look at the keywords on those pages.

LOL.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Starred for having best sig ever.

Unfortunately, you guys are making much ado about nothing. If you follow this link, you'll come to the official and first video on the net, coming to you straight from TheAlexJonesChannel.

If you follow any number of other links, you'll see cloned vids from other users who used Miro or some other software to rip the video from YT, then repost it on their own channel.

Stop jumping to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This "glitch" appears to be ongoing. I have seen the comments and ratings continue to go up, but watched the "views" stay stagnant, and the video quite conveniently stay off the front page. LOLOL

Slowly but surely people, slowly but surely...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Youtube always freeze viewing numbers...did the same on the ron paul a new hope video,that hasn't changed in god knows how long.I don't know if it is anything nefarious but it's certainly widespread.I could care less about what sheen has to say though..

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
man this is crazy and must not be america. In america we should be able to say what we want

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Does anyone remember a few years back when Google Video kept removing the views for 'truth' videos to keep them off the top 100 lists?

They were even more blatant than YouTube. This is nothing new, just continued suppression of the truth.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We need to create a new site like youtube with NO censorship.

too bad SCREWYOUTube is taken. damn!

Then people could post whatever they wanted with NO censorship.
I am tired of these idiots censoring all the things people SHOULD see and none of the things we really dont want to see.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join