It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
I would like to point out to all the people claiming this is a conspiracy, IT IS A FLAW IN YOUTUBE'S VIDEO ANALYTICS CODING I repeat IT IS A FLAW THAT HAPPENS TO EVERY SINGLE VIDEO

My company operates two of the most successful channels on YouTube, this happens to every single video we post. Once a video reaches 20k concurrent viewers, the system is unable to dynamically update the view count on a regular basis, and it can take anywhere from an hour to up to a day for the view count to be refreshed.

This does not, however, keep a video from appearing in the top watched now boxes on the front page, as the system is still tracking the traffic that the video is getting.

In conclusion, IF THE AUTHOR OR A MOD WOULD CHANGE THE TITLE TO REFLECT THAT YOUTUBE IS NOT IN FACT CENSORING THE VIDEO, THAT WOULD SAVE US MORNING BROWSERS WASTED TIME

If only half of you knew how incredibly poorly coded YouTube really is, your minds would be blown. The errors i tear my hair out over on a daily basis...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by D.E.M.]

Why are you wasting your time here defending you tube--- go fix it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sheens' video is not being censored, the system merely cannot handle the influx of information, especially after the recent updates they tried with the new channel layout. YOU ARE OVERLOADING THE SYSTEM AND CAUSING THE PROBLEM YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT

Stop running around like chickens with your head off.

Please listen to this voice of reason.
No one is censoring Sheens 9/11 rhetoric.

Why would they?

- Lee

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
First, this video will probably inspire more ratings, as the issue is a heartfelt one and people feel compelled to rate it. Therefore, the ratio of ratings to views will be different than the average YouTube video. Also, don't panic about the number of views just yet. YouTube is glitchy, and I'm a subscriber to a variety of channels. They all fall victim to views getting stuck, usually around 300.

I'm a believer that YouTube does get censored, and probably for nefarious reasonsat times. However, this is no reason for alarm; just keep following the video and it will probably be corrected.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Apoc1337

Just left a quick note with the examiner questioning their journalist. Maybe others can jot down a message to let Tim Worstall know his character attack does not refute science/facts/truth

On topic, yeah the count is wrong, could we do some sort of freak-economics thing? 9/11 truth videos make up for example 0.0001 of the total of youtube videos, or 1 out of every 10,000.

Then compare to how many 9/11 videos have these errors in relation to other vidoes. For example Charlie Sheen today, the Bee Gees 9/11 staying alive 9/11 a lie spoof, Ron Paul, but maybe this is another thread.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

In reply to D.E.M. and Lee Anoma, I believe your point that this Sheen video has not been manipulated by youtube and the problems users are having are software based, but other 9/11 videos have have view counts, ratings, and comments removed and that appears to be a fact. So in this case the folk defending youtube could well be right, but they are wrong that it has never happened before.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

Oh FFS. Do you people know how to read? I specifically said that it happens, and I qoute, TO EVERY SINGLE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE, NO MATTER THE SUBJECT.

I give up, you people are like horses with blinders on. So much for denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow.

It's not a flaw. It's an intentional design of their view count system to stop people from sending fake views to artificially inflate their videos.

I know, because I used to do exactly that.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Exactly, you are exactly right.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Riposte

Exactly, you are exactly right.

No.

1) My ratings have been erased 5 times in less then 24 hours. Each user only gets one rating. It appears that as ratings come in, original ratings are deleted to keep the number stagnant.

This didn't happen with the Susan Boyle video when it broke for example (a video that had 1 million + views in a day).

2) Each user can only have one view and one rating. They can have endless comments. The original problem occurred when the ratings out numbered the views for over 10 hours.

3) if you watch people's comments, they are pointing out that their comments are being erased. If you want the numbers, they are being manipulated. I watched comments come in at a rate of 20 per minute for an hour plus. The current number does not correspond with this.

4) This happens constantly with Truth/ NWO videos. But when Susan Boyle went Viral or MJ died, I didn't this this happen. The views counts were constant, during the burden.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Does everyone realize that they are babbling about Charlie Sheen? For God's sake... Charlie Sheen. Drug addict, marginal actor, "John", self proclaimed 9/11 expert etc... He is about as crazy as his father.

Charlie Sheen. I never thought I would see the day. That being said, why would Youtube censor anything that comes out of his pie hole? I am surprised that Garafalo didn't beat him to this poorly staged Alex Jones stunt.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Does everyone realize that they are babbling about Charlie Sheen? For God's sake... Charlie Sheen. Drug addict, marginal actor, "John", self proclaimed 9/11 expert etc... He is about as crazy as his father.

Charlie Sheen. I never thought I would see the day. That being said, why would Youtube censor anything that comes out of his pie hole? I am surprised that Garafalo didn't beat him to this poorly staged Alex Jones stunt.

No, again stop attacking someone who is risking their career. Muckracking will not work.

I am questioning why a viral 9/11 video has the wrong data, and if this is intentional.

They censor it because, it appears that this occurs with many 9/11 Truth, NWO, Ron Paul videos.

It's media manipulation and CENSORSHIP.

That's what I'm concerned with. Why is Youtube Censoring? Why are people defending censorship?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Oh does it? And you have seen this happen to every single video on you tube in say the last 6 months, got time much ( to use an Americanism)

Peace,

Oh yeah, does FFS directed towards me stand for Fast-Forward Speed or am I missing something? I mean no disrespect cause your other threads are really interesting, but this censorship by youtube is like a fence, the truth lies on one side. Plus the abillity to control whether a video goes viral is a great tool, quote ' the power to control the power to supress'

[edit on 11-9-2009 by yyyyyyyyyy] soz gramma

[edit on 11-9-2009 by yyyyyyyyyy]

[edit on 11-9-2009 by yyyyyyyyyy]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Except Fred.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
The original problem occurred when the ratings out numbered the views for over 10 hours.

This is the only part I'm going to bother responding to, because it serves as an example of the root of the problem.

The views are hampered to prevent people from flooding their videos to the top, as was common in the old days of YouTube.

The system thus only recognizes a certain number of views at that point.

You then have ratings that, in the mind of the programming, cannot exist because there are more ratings then there are registered views in the system.

The same applies to comments.

They are not deleted, they are cached and will come online at the same time as the cached views are reported.

This is a simple, easy to understand function, if you take a moment and stop to think rationally

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Can anyone call into INFO Wars and bring this to Jones' attention?

I am at work at the moment, and can not.

1 800 259 9231

He thinks the video only has 100k views... And has not mentioned the tampering...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
The original problem occurred when the ratings out numbered the views for over 10 hours.

This is the only part I'm going to bother responding to, because it serves as an example of the root of the problem.

The views are hampered to prevent people from flooding their videos to the top, as was common in the old days of YouTube.

The system thus only recognizes a certain number of views at that point.

You then have ratings that, in the mind of the programming, cannot exist because there are more ratings then there are registered views in the system.

The same applies to comments.

They are not deleted, they are cached and will come online at the same time as the cached views are reported.

This is a simple, easy to understand function, if you take a moment and stop to think rationally

What about my having to re rate five times? Any comment?

Don't believe me? I can post Screen shots (I believe) happens every few hours... And I know I am only allowed 1 rating.

What's the chances of someone rating, then going back to re rate? Not likely.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Do you have even the basest conception of overloaded programming, of how inflexible a complex and hardcoded system like YouTube is?

As I explained above, YOUR RATINGS HAVE NO VISIBLE EFFECT BECAUSE YOU ARE OVERLOADING THE SYSTEM, RATINGS AND COMMENTS ARE VISIBLE AT THE SAME TIME THE VIEWS UPDATE.

How do I know? as I stated above, I work for a YouTube partner channel and see the backend every day. Shoot me a PM and I'll explain exactly how it works in detail, and why your claims of censorship are simply coding.

In any case, the thread has borderlined enough on my end, and the forum is moderated. I bid you all adieu in your inability to understand computer programming and simple logic. Though thank you to the precious few who could understand the concept.

Keep on denying that ignorance, guys, keep on denying.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Yahoo's articles are usually links to other sites, often UK tabloid and broadsheet stories. They may well have removed it, but i don't how long they keep them.

Anyhow, here's a link to a similar story to one i saw:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I am coming around to the thinking of D.E.M, computers have a lot of issues and youtube has never said their figures are accurate to the hour, maybe they are accurate to within say 24 or 36 hours but not to the minute.

That said, its a conspiracy board and for fun I prefer to think youtube is messing with my head and deleting ratings, comments and view counts. The view counts is key as those who control the count act as a gate keeper for want of another word 'coolness though the use of socal proof' Using game theory i see

Sheen's video not being tampered with and getting huge views and thus getting more viewers via the idea of social proof

or Sheen's view counts are edited, social proof kicks in and people watch a video of a dog in a hat. I think we are all intelligent to see the outcomes of this on a marco-scale. It's odd, while I totally agree with D.E.M, I don't agree. So it happens to all videos but to quote ' not all videos are created equal' - its not evidence but something to think on (maybe)

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

You miss the point. Most are interested in this "Letter Deal" because of the content of the letter. What do you think of the content being censored if that turns out to be the case? It is the content of the letter that is all important here, not the messenger.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join